Photo

Why can't we buy a Fighter Jet?

72 replies to this topic
DaTwista
  • DaTwista

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:03 PM Edited by DaTwista, 10 June 2014 - 02:04 PM.

Jets should be made purchasable because I say so and what I say is correct so don't argue. Period.

While the ground is full of activity, there is nothing happening in the air and ocean. And I would so enjoy seeing tank trolls being blow to sh*t because all they know how to do in their scrap metal is shoot at players on the ground and shoot at their PVs. These children will obviously complain because they have no knowledge or skill or even a remote chance of surviving an onslaught of a few jets coming at them.

I grow hard just thinking of the possibilities.

Not entirely sure what all you are trying to convey, but I do kno this:

If they add a jet, they might as well not add any new guns, cars, or weapons of any kind. Cause no one is gonna use anything but a jet. It's hard enough tryna get some one to fight gun to gun. Can't really get the better of anyone in a shoot out without the threat of them retreating for a tank/ jet as it is.

If they add jets, new DLC is better off just featuring more new jets to keep going in that "fighter jet game direction" and more properties so at least people not in jets can enjoy a game of pool or an indoor hot tub.

Lol. Indoor hot tubs.

Players already retreat to tanks, which of course is a mission to kill for most players.

If players could retreat to jets too, in a more convenient manner, atleast there is a counter attack for the tanker.

If jets were made available on the website, it's going to work the same as those who have tanks. Not everyone is going to use jets like those players who use tanks. You will have your niche group as do you have with tanks.

I have a chopper and it has guns and missiles on it, but I don't call it up each time I log into a session. ;)

MAR10HD
  • MAR10HD

◕‿ ◕

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:17 PM

Really? In my experience, a jet always spawns at FZ. Occasionally when other players are in or around the base, some jets don't spawn, but a quick lap up and down the runway should help.

Most of the time I can get one without issue. But occasionally when I'm in a full lobby I'll enter the base, get stars and the military is completely unresponsive with the only red dot on my radar being the guy at the gate. I will do lap after lap after lap and everything refuses to spawn.

Probably comes down to somebody's poor connection in the lobby. Happens at the worst possible times when need one in a hurry to murder tankers.

It's saved a couple of people's asses, as has my game freezing. :sui:

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:17 PM

Players already retreat to tanks, which of course is a mission to kill for most players.
If players could retreat to jets too, in a more convenient manner, atleast there is a counter attack for the tanker.

If jets were made available on the website, it's going to work the same as those who have tanks. Not everyone is going to use jets like those players who use tanks. You will have your niche group as do you have with tanks.

I have a chopper and it has guns and missiles on it, but I don't call it up each time I log into a session. ;)

-.- I was sort of exaggerating lol. But here is my point.

Adding jets won't solve anything. As I said in my other post, tanks are the original problem. Deal wit the tanks by taking them from Pegasus. Adding jets to eliminate something else on the food chain is only adding another predator to the whole scenario.

Not literally everyone is using a tank, but tell me this, does it matter? Lol. By the time 5 people in the session have grabbed a tank, ain't too much of a difference between that and all 16 players with one.

And if it's this bad with tanks, it will only be worse with both. Don't be fooled and think all of the jet people are just gonna sit in a corner and not bother anyone. Jets won't stop people from using tanks. The problem then grows from just avoiding tanks to avoiding tanks and jets.

And if the jets do put an end to tanks, then that's trading one pest for another lol. Say hello to the new sheriff in town.
  • ten-a-penny and Awesom-0 like this

DaTwista
  • DaTwista

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:26 PM

People want to grief others, that is what Free roam is all about these days - why do you want to take that away? Jets and tanks are available from the fort but you need a cargobob to get a tank out. Other than glitches, the cargobob is not purchasable either.

Removing tanks from pegasus is not removing the problem, they are still available online just harder to get hold of.

My point is, if tanks are readily available from pegasus, so should jets be.

maybeanotherone
  • maybeanotherone

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:26 PM Edited by maybeanotherone, 10 June 2014 - 02:26 PM.

if the jet was as massively used as the tank, then everyone would also know how to counter a jet.

go passive or pull out your sniper.

better yet go parachuting as that sh*t is solid and it will blow up the jet as the pilot has better chances to hit it than you or the wires in between.

elfoam
  • elfoam

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:44 PM

I had two pro jet pilots griefing me working together once in the country where I had no place to hide and it was hell on Earth. I don't wish to have that happen again with 10 jets..

DaTwista
  • DaTwista

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:00 PM

I had two pro jet pilots griefing me working together once in the country where I had no place to hide and it was hell on Earth. I don't wish to have that happen again with 10 jets..

Passive mode.

It's really not that difficult, I can assure you that.

elidc
  • elidc

• Members
  • China

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:03 PM

Passive mode.

Passive mode? That doesn't help, they still can blow you up..

AceThaCreator
  • AceThaCreator

Hiii PoWeReD

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:09 PM

it's way too powerful

And tanks?

Well when you see tank, just go away. But when you see P996 it's little harder to just go away..
Not if you have a Bati801 the lazer wont be able to get you in tights spots in the map.

BrokenLizard
  • BrokenLizard

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:14 PM

Yeah maybe at level 200. Since you don't get anything else unlocked after 120.

I just think it'd add to the fun of the game.

wrappy
  • wrappy

Count Leopold Von Lichtenstein

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:30 PM

if there's 10 jets in the air they won't be bothering people on the ground.  they'll be watching their six and looking to attack other jets.  I know it sounds counterintuitive, but more jets in the air equals less strafing runs.

• DeMeNs likes this

dvntsvnt
  • dvntsvnt

gg, no re

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:33 PM

Because it's not for sale?

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:49 PM

People want to grief others, that is what Free roam is all about these days - why do you want to take that away? Jets and tanks are available from the fort but you need a cargobob to get a tank out. Other than glitches, the cargobob is not purchasable either.

Removing tanks from pegasus is not removing the problem, they are still available online just harder to get hold of.

What a terrible point lol.

Actually I'd say that fixes the problem just fine. If you want a tank/jet so bad you better work for it. I say take the tank off Pegasus and make Zancudo harder to get into. You wannabe a twank or top gun? Earn it.

if there's 10 jets in the air they won't be bothering people on the ground.  they'll be watching their six and looking to attack other jets.  I know it sounds counterintuitive, but more jets in the air equals less strafing runs.

Bullsh*t. Give 2+ man crew in the lobby the ability to grief and they will do so. If there is 10 jets in the air, that doesn't leave a whole lot on the ground does it? This isn't World of Jets, just like it isn't World of Tanks. If you want to do Top Gun reenactments so bad, earn it.
  • ten-a-penny likes this

Skylan
  • Skylan

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:15 PM

Everyone who says the Lazer is too powerful is correct. Tanks are bad enough already. True, Lazers aren't that difficult to evade (make a turn anywhere and the pilot has to circle around all over again), but like someone said, it's the only thing ANYONE would ever fly again. You couldn't use any other plane or helicopter because you'd be immediately shot down. The buzzard is at least slower and easier to evade.

That said, I think buying the Lazer from pegasus COULD be balanced. Assuming Rockstar gave different delivery prices for different vehicles. Something non-lethal like the Frogger should be $200-$500 for delivery. Whilst a Tank should set you back a few grand every time you call it. And there should also be a cool-down period for different vehicles.

If the Lazer cost, say, $8,000 for delivery, and you could only call one every 48 minutes, I think that would be fair. Also, the 48 minute cool-down should start at the moment the previous one is destroyed. That way, a pilot that manages to stay alive for longer than 48 minutes can't just immediately call another one.

• ten-a-penny likes this

Quarthon
  • Quarthon

Sunnyvale Trailer Park Supervisor

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:22 PM

Jets are only too powerful if you know how to fly it good. Its easy to dodge jet fire on the ground. Tanks on the other hand can be driven by Steven Hawking and used to camp people for hours on end. Tanks are far more dangerous than jets, yet they spawn on the street corner in the main area. 

DaTwista
  • DaTwista

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:23 PM

Actually I'd say that fixes the problem just fine. If you want a tank/jet so bad you better work for it. I say take the tank off Pegasus and make Zancudo harder to get into. You wannabe a twank or top gun? Earn it

Hasn't R* already proven they support tank battles in FR? Recent changes include no more sniping tankers plus they don't pay insurance nor get warning points when blowing up a PV. So if you think R* will remove tanks at this stage, you're sadly mistaken.

I don't care much for tanks, I never use mine in freeroam nor in any other mission for that matter. But if tanks are available for purchase, there is no problem I can foresee having the jet made available for purchase too. Nor could you even provide any viable reasoning in your response.

Arya35
  • Arya35

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:29 PM

The jet is 10x more powerful in a server compared to a tank when in the right hands. You can kill anyone you want wherever they are in less than a minute, as long as they aren't underground or inside. If I didn't have to spend 5 minutes getting another jet and get one at the nearest airport I would do nothing else.

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:32 PM

Actually I'd say that fixes the problem just fine. If you want a tank/jet so bad you better work for it. I say take the tank off Pegasus and make Zancudo harder to get into. You wannabe a twank or top gun? Earn it
Hasn't R* already proven they support tank battles in FR? Recent changes include no more sniping tankers plus they don't pay insurance nor get warning points when blowing up a PV. So if you think R* will remove tanks at this stage, you're sadly mistaken.

I don't care much for tanks, I never use mine in freeroam nor in any other mission for that matter. But if tanks are available for purchase, there is no problem I can foresee having the jet made available for purchase too. Nor could you even provide any viable reasoning in your response.

A tank is much easier to avoid than a jet. One good jet pilot is enough to terrorize a lobby. Now imagine 5+ jets in the air every session... Exactly.

And don't give me the "go into passive mode BS" I shouldn't be pigeon holed because some kids want their griefing tool handed to them on a silver platter. As for tanks, I never said R* would remove them from Pegasus, I was just pointing out how that'd be a helluva lot better than adding in the jet.
  • ten-a-penny likes this

Skylan
  • Skylan

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:32 PM

^ But how many times is it in "the right hands"? Isn't everyone on this forum always complaining about "noobs"? 

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:35 PM

^ But how many times is it in "the right hands"? Isn't everyone on this forum always complaining about "noobs"?

Having multiple jets hounding you across the map is annoying and rediculous no matter how skilled they are. And if there's a crew that wants to just sit in jets all day? Yea, good luck in that lobby.

JordCorner
  • JordCorner

Smoke Show

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:35 PM Edited by JordCorner, 10 June 2014 - 05:38 PM.

Passive mode.

Passive mode? That doesn't help, they still can blow you up..

If you're on foot in Passive mode they can't hurt you. Hop on a quick PV and they'll be unable to lock on making it much more difficult.

It's kinda fun out running them anyways, not that difficult either.

If it was released and available for purchase, then it would be the next best thing and everyone would do whatever they had to do to acquire it, like tanks and every new super car. Lobbies would then consist of Kamikaze jet pilots and absolute chaos.  

I kind of enjoy stealing them from Zancudo anyway.

BoJack Cognac
  • BoJack Cognac

Cowboy and Rap Star

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:46 PM

Buying a jet is unlikely to happen but would be nice if it did and I would certainly own
one. You can probably ask the same question of the Cargo Bob, never understood why you can
buy that in story mode but not online.

I own a cargobob.

uptownrockstar
  • uptownrockstar

Reagan Era

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:49 PM

I just got into flying about a week ago in hopes of being a fire pilot. I have two planes, saving for the big jet, and would love the fighterjet or TANK SNIPING BACK! #cryinginside

Skylan
  • Skylan

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:49 PM

Having multiple jets hounding you across the map is annoying and rediculous no matter how skilled they are. And if there's a crew that wants to just sit in jets all day? Yea, good luck in that lobby.

Meh. Maybe. Personally, I've never been griefed by a crew. I've never even seen a crew working together. I don't know how common it is for everyone else, but the most crew members I've seen in one session was 4, and they were scattered all over the map.

If there were multiple jets in the air, they'd be more preoccupied shooting each other down than bothering the players down below. And if they were a crew working together, then just add the cool-down measures I mentioned earlier.

However, I don't advocate Pegasus Jets, or NOT having Pegasus Jets. I'll be fine with it either way. I'm just trying to point out the other side of things. However, if they DID implement Pegasus jets, they should add cool-downs, higher costs (20k per Jet sound good?) and other such things to keep them on a leash.

DaTwista
  • DaTwista

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:50 PM

A tank is much easier to avoid than a jet. One good jet pilot is enough to terrorize a lobby. Now imagine 5+ jets in the air every session... Exactly.

And don't give me the "go into passive mode BS" I shouldn't be pigeon holed because some kids want their griefing tool handed to them on a silver platter. As for tanks, I never said R* would remove them from Pegasus, I was just pointing out how that'd be a helluva lot better than adding in the jet.

Yeah but it takes skill to control a jet especially in the city with all the buildings. And then you also need a lot of skill to actually shoot at players on the ground, there is no lock on players.

What skills do you need to ride a tank? This is already a vehicle being handed to griefers on a silver platter as you put it.

While the tank is much slower than the jet, it will take a lot more effort from an average pilot to grief with it. 5 jets in the air trying to grief players on the ground especially when the lock on kicks in on the other jets.

Please think before you post. You keep going on about how jets are bad yet you still haven't provided anything viable to suggest that it will be used as a grieving tool rather than a counter attack on tanks.

UltimateAntic
  • UltimateAntic

PSN: "Okannetje"

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:08 PM

As already said by others. The Jet is OP if used by skilled players. Also it ain't hard to kill people with the cannons. Most of the time I utilize the splash damage to kill them.

Another good point (IMO) is that you can easily get away from a tank while the Lazor (being the fastest jet) can reach anybody provided they aren't underground or in tight places.

The Jet is vulnerble to heavy snipers though. A few shots and you're nosedivin' into the ground.

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:16 PM Edited by GankThis110, 10 June 2014 - 06:18 PM.

Yeah but it takes skill to control a jet especially in the city with all the buildings. And then you also need a lot of skill to actually shoot at players on the ground, there is no lock on players.

What skills do you need to ride a tank? This is already a vehicle being handed to griefers on a silver platter as you put it.

While the tank is much slower than the jet, it will take a lot more effort from an average pilot to grief with it. 5 jets in the air trying to grief players on the ground especially when the lock on kicks in on the other jets.

Please think before you post. You keep going on about how jets are bad yet you still haven't provided anything viable to suggest that it will be used as a grieving tool rather than a counter attack on tanks.
I've given you several and they are pretty obvious to begin with if you have common sense.

There's no lock on if you're using the canons(like anyone who isn't an idiot should). If someone is griefing in a tank and I think its even worth the time I'll get my tank and blow him up. Unfortunatey on the flip side, I suck with the jet, so if someone is griefing in a jet than thats off the table. That being said, even an average pilot can still cause mayhem to those on the ground, and with Jets not having to pay insurance for blowing up PV's...just no.

If you refuse to avoid a tank griefer and are dead set on confronting them, either get your tank or go STEAL a jet, because making it purchasable is just going to substitute one form of griefing for an even worse one.

You have yet to make a viable arguement besides "TANKS ARE PURCHASABLE SO JETS SHOULD BE."

Hylskriksen
  • Hylskriksen

Playa

• Members
  • South-Georgia-and-the-South-Sandwich-Islands

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:08 PM Edited by morrami2000, 10 June 2014 - 07:11 PM.

it's way too powerful

And tanks?

Well when you see tank, just go away. But when you see P996 it's little harder to just go away..

5 shots from a sniper rifle and alarms starts ringing in the jet. It may be hard to escape, but very easy to take down. The tank is the other way around. Both got pros and cons.

DaTwista
  • DaTwista

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:09 PM

Lemme ask you this GankThis110, why must I go all the way to the fort and steal a jet when a player can just phone Pegasus to get a tank? Tanks don't pay insurance on PVs either so the whole insurance issue cancels each other out. Plus majority of tanks are found in the city which is a pretty far distance to the jets.

But I don't see how jet grieving is any different to tank grieving, just jet grieving more difficult to accomplish. If jets do become available, obviously everyone is going to buy one and you will see an influx of them until the novelty wears off. Then it will be just like the tanks, you will find one or two here and there.

If we compare the two vehicles, the tank is slow yet it has a lot of armor, a jet is fast yet it feels like it's made of wood. With the one, you need some experience in controlling while the other you don't.

Just because the playerbase prefer tanks over jets I don't see why the pilots of the game have to suffer the onslaught of tanks when they could easily retaliate. My posting was not pointed much towards grieving. That just happens and not much you can do about it. But pointed more towards a counter-attack against tanks rather. But we may not agree on the grieving part which I'm perfectly happy with, I just don't see it being worse than what tanks are today.

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:37 PM

Pegasus has infinite Tanks but Lamar only has one Mugger???
lel

yep. Just like how the US Immigration and Customs Dept can't find the millions of illegal immigrants that come here every year---but the local Home Depot surely can! :D

Agree on the tanks. If R* can't remove them from the Pegasus but menu, then they need to add a SIGNIFICANT cool down period. Like 1 entire game day

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users