Why can't we buy a Fighter Jet?

72 replies to this topic
BrokenLizard
  • BrokenLizard

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:00 PM

It's nice to steal it from FZ, but it's too inconvient since you can only use it once.

With all the talk about "anti tank" features, the Lazer is perfect for that.

It would allow more players in a lobby to fly, than just shoot on the street. Since it's readily available and you don't need to go through the hassle of breaking in Zancudo.

What do my fellow forum members think about this?
  • LeopardGecko, KPCC187 and RoyalRedXIII like this

elidc
  • elidc

NO

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:01 PM

it's way too powerful

Winning001
  • Winning001

Join the cool people. Set it to North Korea today!

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:02 PM

it's way too powerful

no its not

it has the durability of balsa wood

• Intoxica7ed, Stringking and sebcreed like this

Cops 'N Crooks Fanboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:02 PM

R* is waiting on Mosin Nagant to successfully hijack a jet before they're available via Pegasus.

Serious Post: No, it's fine the way it is. Making the fighter jet easily accessible isn't really going to deter any street crime.

• ZeusMowat_278, Timely, EZza2647 and 4 others like this

Winning001
  • Winning001

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:05 PM

R* is waiting on Mosin Nagant to successfully hijack a jet before they're available via Pegasus.

Why heists are delayed too

SKaREO
  • SKaREO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:05 PM Edited by SKaREO, 10 June 2014 - 01:06 PM.

Why would you buy what you can take for free? Also, if you pay Lester $5000 the cops will turn a blind eye, and you can take a Jet with ease.

• mareepx and Godovermoney like this

Cops 'N Crooks Fanboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:06 PM

Shush. Everyone knows there's no such thing as heists. ;)

• GTA4131 likes this

Tabula Rasa
  • Tabula Rasa

Don't get me wet! Ladies please..4 at a time.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:09 PM Edited by Tabula Rasa, 10 June 2014 - 01:21 PM.

Its OP with expertise; could you imagine 16 players spamming pegasus for their jets at the airport..first one in the air wins. Just do missile lock sweeps and keep everyone grounded.  No one will ever fly anything else ever again, things wouldn't be too safe on the ground either.

It would be a game breaker for me; players can ruin sessions already with how easy it is to obtain the jet, don't make it easier.

I know what fighter jets are capable of, this would reduce game play to utter garbage online..this coming from an avid pilot and fan of varied aircraft..including the fighter jet.

• ten-a-penny likes this

morrami2000
  • morrami2000

Rebel

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:09 PM

it's way too powerful

And tanks?

• PkUnzipper and Quarthon like this

Winning001
  • Winning001

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:10 PM

Shush. Everyone knows there's no such thing as heists. ;)

Damn! i think we got "those new missions" delayed another 3 months now

maybeanotherone
  • maybeanotherone

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:14 PM Edited by maybeanotherone, 10 June 2014 - 01:15 PM.

i've stolen around 1200 planes, 9 out of 10 it's the lazer.

driving/flying to zancudo does not feel like a hassle, it's more like a job commute.

the effort it takes to go there and steal it are adequate to the threath it represents.

one hits everything but a tank, only vehicle to shoot in a complete 360 degree radius, you can be anywhere in seconds, and so on.

i'd love to buy it, but i'm glad i can't.

it means everyone in a jet made at least the effort to go there.

and there's only two reasons to be in a jet, you're either deadly with it or practicing to become one.
  • ten-a-penny and ZeroF0rce like this

elidc
  • elidc

NO

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:15 PM Edited by elidc, 10 June 2014 - 01:16 PM.

it's way too powerful

And tanks?

Well when you see tank, just go away. But when you see P996 it's little harder to just go away..

• PkUnzipper likes this

wrappy
  • wrappy

Count Leopold Von Lichtenstein

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:15 PM

I think you should be able to purchase jets.  more jets in the air is a good thing for everyone.  it keeps pilots busy dogfighting and not flying around trying to air to ground everything.  yes it's easy enough to get a jet out of fz, especially since they nerfed it, but it still a hassle to drive up there and then fly back down.  I think more people would be in the air if they were more readily available.

petraeus
  • petraeus

Thug

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:18 PM

No way jets are too powerful, imagine if you could call one as easy as a tank.

And before you say .. but but *stammer* tank, its easy to get away from a tank on the ground. Its virtually impossible to get away from a jet in the air. its called air superiority for a reason.

maybeanotherone
  • maybeanotherone

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:25 PM Edited by maybeanotherone, 10 June 2014 - 01:26 PM.

it is possible to escape from jets dominating the map, just the other day i had some guy declare himself RatKing lord of the underground as he and his crew members retreated to the subway tunnels.

i had no choice but to concede to his "victory"

thankfully, sometimes having people mugged is more fun than having them killed.

bonus points when the mugger jacks his car and wrecks it against a train.

tails_prower_2040
  • tails_prower_2040

Tails Prower

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:26 PM

Buying a jet is unlikely to happen but would be nice if it did and I would certainly own
one. You can probably ask the same question of the Cargo Bob, never understood why you can
buy that in story mode but not online.

My thoughts are that they probably wanted to make it available but then everyone would buy
one and that would be a lobby full of 16 jets which I think the game engine would struggle
with plus its so easy to get it from Fort Zancudo and can be a challenge to get out with it.

I know from the money side of things I would probably think Hmm 2 Million to buy or I can
get one for free?

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:27 PM

OP it's bad enough some 80% of players in FM can't drive --even if their real lives depended on it

It's even worse R* made it so easy to buy tanks

I'm willing to bet over 98% of the ppl in FM can't fly

And you're asking for a plague of planes to rain from the sky?
  • BrokenLizard likes this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

password123456

• Members
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:28 PM

Cash cards.

Oh, wait...

Awesom-0
  • Awesom-0

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:32 PM

Because that would be f*cking stupid. It's already bad enough with the tanks spawn killing us on the streets. If we could buy fighter jets, then they might as well rename this game to Battlefield: Online.

• PkUnzipper and ZeroF0rce like this

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:34 PM

It's nice to steal it from FZ, but it's too inconvient since you can only use it once.
With all the talk about "anti tank" features, the Lazer is perfect for that.
It would allow more players in a lobby to fly, than just shoot on the street. Since it's readily available and you don't need to go through the hassle of breaking in Zancudo.
What do my fellow forum members think about this?

I'd like the idea, simply cause I like the ability to buy the stuff. But

As a matter of anti tanking solutions, I'd say it's better to just remove tanks from Pegasus consierge.

I do own a tank, but I bought one waayyy before all this madness that goes on now started with the "I shoot you, you shoot me, now need a tank cause I can't defend myself." Nonsense. Only a handful of players even had access to one, (correct me if I'm wrong, but they weren't available at the military base at one point) so it stayed in control. I currently don't use it at all.

If players had less access to tanks, there's less of a need to have access to jets.

But if buying them is simply for fun to do flips and spins or races or whatever tickles ya fancy, i say why not.
  • PkUnzipper likes this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

password123456

• Members
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:37 PM

At level 200, sure.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Glitcher In Rehab

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:37 PM

to this day still beyond me why we can buy a tank but not a fighter jet.

while im not much of a plane pilot, i'd be happy to drop 2-3millions on a fighter jet.

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:39 PM

Its OP with expertise; could you imagine 16 players spamming pegasus for their jets at the airport..first one in the air wins. Just do missile lock sweeps and keep everyone grounded.  No one will ever fly anything else ever again, things wouldn't be too safe on the ground either.

It would be a game breaker for me; players can ruin sessions already with how easy it is to obtain the jet, don't make it easier.
I know what fighter jets are capable of, this would reduce game play to utter garbage online..this coming from an avid pilot and fan of varied aircraft..including the fighter jet.

It'd become TGAO: Top Gun Auto Online

maybeanotherone
  • maybeanotherone

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:40 PM Edited by maybeanotherone, 10 June 2014 - 01:40 PM.

it has been said plenty of times here, the simple most effective solution is to leave Pegasus as it is minus the Tank who would have a timer cooldown before you can call it again, as plenty other things already do.

Pegasus has infinite Tanks but Lamar only has one Mugger???

lel
  • ten-a-penny, PkUnzipper, GTA4131 and 1 other like this

DaTwista
  • DaTwista

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:47 PM

Jets should be made purchasable because I say so and what I say is correct so don't argue. Period.

While the ground is full of activity, there is nothing happening in the air and ocean. And I would so enjoy seeing tank trolls being blow to sh*t because all they know how to do in their scrap metal is shoot at players on the ground and shoot at their PVs. These children will obviously complain because they have no knowledge or skill or even a remote chance of surviving an onslaught of a few jets coming at them.

I grow hard just thinking of the possibilities.

maybeanotherone
  • maybeanotherone

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:52 PM

call me, i take pleasure in blowing up tanks for a fee. what am i saying... i do it for free.

MAR10HD
  • MAR10HD

Legit Business

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:54 PM

The ONLY reason I sometimes wish we could buy them is to be able to force spawn one. Nothing is more annoying than driving around an empty base for 5 minutes until one finally spawns, then when it does it vanishes into thin air whilst you are climbing on the wing.

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:55 PM Edited by RoyalRedXIII, 10 June 2014 - 01:57 PM.

Jets should be made purchasable because I say so and what I say is correct so don't argue. Period.

While the ground is full of activity, there is nothing happening in the air and ocean. And I would so enjoy seeing tank trolls being blow to sh*t because all they know how to do in their scrap metal is shoot at players on the ground and shoot at their PVs. These children will obviously complain because they have no knowledge or skill or even a remote chance of surviving an onslaught of a few jets coming at them.

I grow hard just thinking of the possibilities.

Not entirely sure what all you are trying to convey, but I do kno this:

If they add a jet, they might as well not add any new guns, cars, or weapons of any kind. Cause no one is gonna use anything but a jet. It's hard enough tryna get some one to fight gun to gun. Can't really get the better of anyone in a shoot out without the threat of them retreating for a tank/ jet as it is.

If they add jets, new DLC is better off just featuring more new jets to keep going in that "fighter jet game direction" and more properties so at least people not in jets can enjoy a game of pool or an indoor hot tub.

Lol. Indoor hot tubs.
  • ten-a-penny likes this

HopalongCasidy
  • HopalongCasidy

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:55 PM

I should be able to mug the entire lobby for $15k
  • RoyalRedXIII likes this

Cops 'N Crooks Fanboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:57 PM

The ONLY reason I sometimes wish we could buy them is to be able to force spawn one. Nothing is more annoying than driving around an empty base for 5 minutes until one finally spawns, then when it does it vanishes into thin air whilst you are climbing on the wing.

Really? In my experience, a jet always spawns at FZ. Occasionally when other players are in or around the base, some jets don't spawn, but a quick lap up and down the runway should help.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users