Do you feel kinda screwed now?

217 replies to this topic
Stevilknievel
  • Stevilknievel

Outlaw

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:34 PM

Saying "You're screwed if you buy this when you already have the current gen version" is like saying Rockstar screwed you over for buying Bully: Scholarship edition on 360 when you already have the PS2 Version. 

Rockstar developed GTA V with the 360 and PS3 in mind, judging from the files they were already working on a PC version from the get go. It just so happens that they wanted to develop on the next-gen versions because they had the PC version as a foundation to build upon. Nobody's forcing you to purchase the next-gen version and it's up to you if you want to upgrade. 

Also, if they announced a next-gen version along with the current gen version then nobody would've bought the 360/PS3 version and all that work and man hours would've gone to waste.

I agree with pretty much everything here.

Well said.

Euda
  • Euda

youtube/pascalwaschbrett

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:39 PM

I see a visually and atmospherically castrated title, providing a wide range of possibilities to the player when I watch GTA V gameplay material. I think those limitations can solely be found in the last-gen-pendants as a result of limited resources regarding the console's stoneage hardware. For sure the game will be more advanced after it's been released for up-to-date platforms a year later.

unikunjerry
  • unikunjerry

i want to know more about V

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:39 PM

No, because the game was obviously designed with PS3 and X360 in mind. This next gen port will be what the Xbox versions of III era games were to the PS2 versions : An easy way to make some extra profit off the game by adding some graphical enhancements and other little touches on a more powerful console. I doubt it will have any significant additional content whatsoever.

actually for me it felt like it was made for the new gen, but downsized for last gen... ever since i started playing it i was wishing that i was playing it on pc/ ps4/xbone

one55
  • one55

Dirty Playstation Peasant!

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:43 PM Edited by one55, 13 June 2014 - 02:44 PM.

i don't feel screwed.

if they release a GTA V COMPLETE EDITION (PS4) in the future that has all DLC included then I'll buy it. that'll be the THIRD time that I buy GTA V. 

It's GTA: my favourite game series of all time. I will buy whatever the f*ck Rockstar puts out that has GRAND THEFT AUTO in it. Even if it is essentially the same game with improvements. And I don't buy the games only if they are on a platform i own. If a GTA comes out on a platform I don't own then I will go out an buy that platform. For example, if they released GTA V: LS Stories on PS Vita then I'd go buy a Vita. I'd never do the same for any other gaming series. 

Rockstar can screw me over and over again. And I'll like it.  :orly:

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:48 PM

Wait, so now you're telling me that Rockstar is turning into EA* by releasing an upgraded version of the game for Next-Gen consoles? Back then when they began development they had the 360 and the PS3 in mind! They didn't have the next-gen devkits back then, they've been working on this game for around five years and suddenly you expect them to wait for a console that wasn't even announced back then? They did what the could with limited ram, and it ran smoothly most of the time.

I gotta agree with Fuzznuckles here, some of you are ungrateful f*cks.

I think its more we don't appreciate the way we've been mislead by Cock*, When they released the 1st trailer what did we hear abt? Max PAyne 3, Then they assured and RE-assured us that the game wouldnt come out for next gen. I'm ready to pay for a new version, I just wish they woulda been more upfront abt it since coulda saved up for a ps4.

The problem with this argument is that Rockstar never once stated, assured or re-assured anybody that the game wouldn't come out for next gen. Unless you got some personal message from them that nobody else saw? They also didn't say that the game would never come out for PC.

Any assurances, or reassurances you thought you read were not Rockstar statements, so it looks like you've misled yourself.

They have stated many times that they DON'T have any plans on bringing GTA V to other platforms at the time, so that's pretty much misleading, as I'm pretty sure this decision was made for a long while now.

It's been stated that Rockstar is a serious company. I don't think they'd just pull out the idea of bringing an AAA title to other platforms out of their asses... Of course, they don't have to announce their future projects but ffs, their statements regarding this issue are always misleading.

I think they were always probably very careful in their wording. They could say "We don't have plans to announce GTA coming to next gen or PC" but they wouldn't definitively say they wouldn't be making GTA V for PC or next gen.

I was 100% sure they would make GTA V for PC (even though they kept it just as quiet) and am so happy they're releasing it for the new consoles. In Autumn, I'll be upgrading my console and getting in GTA V - Redux! :p

THE_TREVALEV
  • THE_TREVALEV

they eat da poo poo

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:25 PM

I'm extremely happy with GTA V on last gen. It's not really bothering me, but it does give me more of a reason to purchase a PS4. In the mean time, I'm happy with what I'm playing now.
  • BLOOD-MOND likes this

milkmansun
  • milkmansun

Detective

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:38 PM

Remember we were going mad, most of us, when the release date was postponed? If the game wasn't released soon in ps3, it would have sucked for who played the game now...
So what if they released in nextgen, I thought console players didn't care about graphics and it's all about gameplay, and called PC players names... Now that changed and turned into such whining about how rockstar screwed over the people who bought the game already...
WTF?
  • BLOOD-MOND and OUTFIT like this

OUTFIT
  • OUTFIT

BIG Empire

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:46 PM

Last gen was just the appetizer

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users