Do you feel kinda screwed now?

217 replies to this topic
Tilemaxx
  • Tilemaxx

POV City Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:42 PM

For playing the game in an outdated hardware with several limitations, while they were secretly cooking the "real deal" in the background? I don't know, i'm gonna sell my PS3 now and buy the game again. But the whole situation it's a bit disappointing to me.

• Midnightz, GroundZero, Raiden雷電 and 9 others like this

Stewlil
  • Stewlil

Better when high

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:46 PM

I was saying this last year - I always thought this is what would happen. It's a good way to make a lot of money by making everyone buy the game twice. When the game was released it was very very obvious that this was designed for next gen. They took advantage of the console jump to next gen, and threw PC players in the same pool (which worked for people like me anyway)

I too will be selling my ps3 as soon as it's out on PC, having bought it specifically for GTA.

• Spaghetti Cat, GroundZero, fac316 and 2 others like this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:53 PM

Nope, not at all. I got to play a game I'd be waiting years for on release day. Soon, I'll get to play an upgraded version. 

What have you lost out on here by playing on PS3/360? Nothing. You just  have a head start on when you upgrade. 

People need to remember that. 

• Blingy, archiebunker, GTA_dog and 18 others like this

DS 17
  • DS 17

om nom nom

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:55 PM Edited by DS 17, 10 June 2014 - 12:56 PM.

If they release something, just ask for yourself how they can make the most money and rip their fans off the best way. Then take the worst scenario and you got their plan. Actually R* doesnt deserve such a huge fan base and they could be happy that they didnt make any mistakes with GTA yet, because if so there will be a massive sh*tstorm against them. And GTA is their only IP which is a better seller. Well, maybe Red Dead also, but not even a bit as good as that cause a PC conversion of it is not even worth it. 

And now I will get huge fanboy attacks here. :D 

Stewlil
  • Stewlil

Better when high

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:55 PM

Nope, not at all. I got to play a game I'd be waiting years for on release day. Soon, I'll get to play an upgraded version. 

What have you lost out on here by playing on PS3/360? Nothing. You just  have a head start on when you upgrade. 

Yeah that's what I keep telling myself hah.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:56 PM

Good, because it's true. 

No one loses out by it being released on more platforms. To think otherwise is pretty dumb. 

• fullmetalrabbit likes this

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:59 PM

The game on current gen is great to play, and looks great.  The game on next-gen is going to have the same gameplay, and look even better.  I don't see how I can feel sad about this situation.

• archiebunker, Xx-ADITYA-xX, Lock N' Stock and 6 others like this

Stewlil
  • Stewlil

Better when high

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:59 PM

Good, because it's true. 

No one loses out by it being released on more platforms. To think otherwise is pretty dumb. 

Well I still feel a slight annoyance that I (willingly and knowingly, yes) lost out because I went and spent £300+ on a console with the game because I couldn't wait an unspecified amount of time to see if it might come out on PC. Like I said before, it seems to be a money-grabbing move by Rockstar.

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:01 PM

Sorry, but I think this is a ridiculous opinion.

A year ago, every single person here would have bitten Rockstar's hands off to get a copy of GTA V on current gen.

All the respectable game reviewers were 100% certain that a next-gen version would follow 6-12 months later (it made complete financial sense - there aren't many guaranteed $1bn+ products) so you could have waited for 12 months for next-gen and then you wouldn't have been "screwed" at all.

Personally, I'm more than happy to have experienced the joys of GTA V in September 2013 and am also very, very excited to buy the new product. One thing with Rockstar, they never scrounge on their products - it will certainly be a worthwhile purchase.

• Fuzzknuckles, StarFyer, TJtheS2000fan and 2 others like this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:04 PM

If people are so concerned about R*s money grabbing, why are they still bothering to buy their games?

If they've upset you so much, move on. 

• OneManCrimeWave likes this

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:07 PM Edited by Osho, 11 June 2014 - 03:41 PM.

Well... No point in looking back now, and just wait for the best of the best to arrive soon.

Uncle Cletus
  • Uncle Cletus

IRRITABLE

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:07 PM

I'd happily play GTAV again on PC and XB1.

I'd probably be the most awesome player you've ever seen on those play-throughs as well.

Stewlil
  • Stewlil

Better when high

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:08 PM Edited by Stewlil, 10 June 2014 - 01:08 PM.

If people are so concerned about R*s money grabbing, why are they still bothering to buy their games?

Easy, because it's possibly one of the most fun games out there :) They've got us by the balls and they know it.

But hey, could be worse, could be EA or Activision.

Hitman5
  • Hitman5

Sick Again

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:11 PM

No not at all, why the hell wait a whole year for just better graphics? I already had a 360 for a few years already so the only cost was like $80 for the game.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:12 PM

Easy, because it's possibly one of the most fun games out there :) They've got us by the balls and they know it.

But hey, could be worse, could be EA or Activision.

But they're so evil and only want our money and we willingly give it to them because they give us 'one of the most fun games out there' in return. 

Logic loop. 

• OneManCrimeWave and ten-a-penny like this

Tilemaxx
  • Tilemaxx

POV City Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:13 PM

Not an opinion, just a thought. I'm not sure what to think personally. I'm not feeling exactly screwed, just a little bit jealous tbh.

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:17 PM

Not an opinion, just a thought. I'm not sure what to think personally. I'm not feeling exactly screwed, just a little bit jealous tbh.

Fair enough. Just a negativity backlash from me I think! Nothing personal.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:21 PM Edited by Dope_0110, 10 June 2014 - 01:26 PM.

It looked as good as it could on last gen, what more do you want?

Everyone always knew that a day may come when it will be released for NG/PC and that it would be graphically overhauled on those systems due to better hardware, just like PC version of IV was much better looking than console version. But it's all just graphics, the core mechanics will remain the same. If you feel somehow bad about it, you're missing the point of having the game for almost a full year already.

The point is you don't need this new game. It's a graphical overhaul, there is no new story or some big new gameplay features that you'll be missing if you don't get it. Everything I'll be able to experience in a few months, you've already experienced.. the only difference being the grass I'll be seeing on the mountains and more cars on the streets(a bit oversimplifying but you get the point).

• Fuzzknuckles, Staten and no_snacks like this

Tilemaxx
  • Tilemaxx

POV City Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:59 PM

The point is you don't need this new game. It's a graphical overhaul, there is no new story or some big new gameplay features that you'll be missing if you don't get it. Everything I'll be able to experience in a few months, you've already experienced.. the only difference being the grass I'll be seeing on the mountains and more cars on the streets(a bit oversimplifying but you get the point).

I will definitely buy it. I want the definite version. I will get a PS4 for all the great uncoming games, nor only GTA. Uncharted, Batman, GT, etc.

SCOOBASTEEB
  • SCOOBASTEEB

Feed The Machine

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:01 PM

It is a bit of a kick in the teeth. I mean, they obviously had it in the pipeline so why not atleast say, get it if you want but we will be bringing out on next gen. Or just simply delay and say, we dont see the point until we have it ready for next gen... In marketing terms im sure it makes perfect sense as many people (including me) will pay twice, but it seems like a dick move. Almost an EA move. Still I suppose now it will hopefully be the game I thought it was going to be when I first saw the trailers.

Stevilknievel
  • Stevilknievel

Outlaw

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:02 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself really.

• Fuzzknuckles likes this

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:05 PM

I will definitely buy it. I want the definite version. I will get a PS4 for all the great uncoming games, nor only GTA. Uncharted, Batman, GT, etc.

By that logic it would also be best to get PC version, since it'll have a video editor and probably a custom radio station, and if those aren't in PS4 version you'd feel screwed again.. That's cool, if you want to buy it, it's your choice. All I'm saying it there's no need to feel screwed as it's the same game.

Tilemaxx
  • Tilemaxx

POV City Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:07 PM

Nope, just as i stated before, i'm not feeling screwed, and i don't plan to buy a PS4 for GTAV only, but for the other games too. After all, it's a new-gen and i need to upgrade.

Aljohnk
  • Aljohnk

*Intensifies*

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:25 PM

I was saying this last year - I always thought this is what would happen. It's a good way to make a lot of money by making everyone buy the game twice. 

They are money greedy then, unless there's an upgrade version. 

To me, I feel kinda screwed IN Online, because:

1) most people will ditch out last gen, possibility drop out support by R* too 

2) Or, people will stay on last gen but could cause some problems in next-gen Online because the count of players.

Also, I better hope they release the story DLC on last gen, and then i'm finally done playing this game on consoles and go to PC for modding :)

bensons
  • bensons

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:30 PM

they did the same with vice city and san andreas so why expect anything different?

Emergency_Room
  • Emergency_Room

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:42 PM

No.

At the current moment I do not have a PS4 or Xbox One and while I do want one eventually, I am in no hurry to actually get either one at this moment. I have huge backlog of PS3 games I have yet to play, plus there are some I want to take another crack at. Eventually there will be some game come out that I have to have and then I will take a serious look at getting a new console. As much as I love GTA V, a re-release of GTA V is not going to be the thing that makes me start figuring out a way to get a new console.

Truth be told, even if I had either console I would likely not buy this at launch. I played GTA V and thought it to be a good game and at some point I will play it again. However I am not going to pay another $60 for a game when I could easily hook up the ole PS3 and play it there.

• Fuzzknuckles, archiebunker, Verdant and 2 others like this

im_stoned
  • im_stoned

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:52 PM

I have no intention of buying next gen so I have nothing to complain about rockstar did the right thing by me they gave me my game. I have a ton of respect for rockstar doing what they've done.

I Always knew this was the plan from the start rockstar is a business and I can respect this business move. You didn't have to buy gta v for last gen if you planned on buying a current gen copy. Same goes for pc.

you guys must have known rockstar would put the games out on last gen first so a bunch of pc gamers and next gen gamers would buy the game twice.

Rockstar has now given everyone access and the ability to play V on their favourite console that's awesome :)

Besides why should I be punished because im a 360 guy ? if the games playable on the console release it, That's how you show you're fans respect when the 360 is too old they'll stop making games but it's still good enough to play these current games so im glad they haven't turn their backs on us

shattered-minds
  • shattered-minds

Lovely chap

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:19 PM

Nope.

When it does come out I will have already been playing GTA V for the best part of a year. I've already got my money's worth, it's not like the game just came out last week. I (as I'm sure most people did) figured they'd release a "next gen" version along side the inevitable PC release, it seemed to make sense. When I eventually get a PS4 I'll probably pick it up, but I'm in no rush to.

• Fuzzknuckles, JoeM, archiebunker and 1 other like this

BBQ RIBS
  • BBQ RIBS

Prankster

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:29 PM

No. I got the game a f*cking year earlier. I'd buy it again.

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:35 PM

Nope.

I paid for a product and I got it. 

I don't have a problem buying the game again if it has improvements and is on a different platform. The only reason I kept my PS3 was so I could keep playing GTA V. Well, now I can move 100% over to PS4. 

• Spaghetti Cat and Distrom like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users