Photo

PC version modding discussion

866 replies to this topic
1987_EC
  • 1987_EC

PC gamer

• Members

Posted A week ago

honestly I didnt notice it at all not until you pointed it out...so I think ppl can leave with it, its not  a big deal.

Which is why he posted it in a mod thread and not a "Please fix this ASAP, Rockstar!" thread. ;)

well it still doesnt change the fact that its just a small thing and theres not a real need to fix it..

CorvetteStingray
  • CorvetteStingray

All the hype is back.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted A week ago

I don't expect Rockstar to ever fix this, so I guess I'll ask here.

How easy do you think it would be to fix the butt-ugly smoothing gruops on the cars? It's a major turn-off for me. And oddly enough it wasn't as prominent on the LG versions.

There is no good reason for cars to resemble the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.

Examples:

4ca569d03e468c44b70788be4997c9db.png

0d31586ba979afd5c5114bd784ab6c2e.png

5a43db150935b5d259593fa4f9791f5c.png

Blame the main geometry of the car. If the car has a higher poly count, it will look smoother.

• UtopiaRTS likes this

Aikor
  • Aikor

Snitch

• Members
  • Maldives

Posted A week ago

Im not sure if this was posted or not but the modding community needs to make mods with these things which can make GTA V a more enjoyable experience

Car damage mod(unlocking the disabled roof and door damage because of FP mode)..and disabling FP mode if either the doors or roof was badly damaged.

Anti-rubber banding..cops cant go above their top speed limit and wont have sudden boosts to ram the car

Silencer mod...if there was no witness wen shooting a silenced pistol or sniper..u wont get a 1 star

Speed limit unlocker..cars can go to the top speed limit unlike in next gen where u can only go to 120mph

Sleepy Dude
  • Sleepy Dude

The One True God

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Just waiting for a return of this:

*sniff* its so...  beautiful. *sniff*

• Laqueesha and robban like this

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted A week ago Edited by ChiroVette, A week ago.

well it still doesnt change the fact that its just a small thing and theres not a real need to fix it..

Yeah, and it doesn't bother me either, but this is a mod discussion, and who are you and I to tell others what mods should and should not be on their wish list? I'm sure most people would think my idea of police bribes and Spray shops (not to mention serious boosting of the single player main character health and armor so I can rampage for hours) is not important either. Also, keep in mind that when the mod community attacks a game, there are sometimes hundreds of mods. Most people who use mods at all will download just a couple of them. So maybe what he suggested would be a good mod for some, but guys like you and I wouldn't bother with it.

southparkmayor
  • southparkmayor

Derp

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by southparkmayor, A week ago.

In my opinion there needs to be an unofficial patch fixing all the stupid programming and police AI. NPC AI, physics, the car impound. the wanted level system. everything basically. 

• jackrobot, robban and Bodge like this

Sleepy Dude
  • Sleepy Dude

The One True God

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I don't know if it would be possible but I would love to see a crouch mod. I don't understand why Rockstar removed such a basic feature. 

Because its practically impossible to crouch and move/shoot in real life like niko does. Try it, its surprisingly difficulty

Cleverley1986
  • Cleverley1986

Player Hater

• Members

Posted A week ago

1. Liberty City
2. Tony Starks house
3. A ford puma and suzuki cappuccino (working on it as i owned both cars)
4. Custom heists with previous characters.
5. Id love a cop mode either similar to southland or banshee.
6. Oculus support.
  • Bodge likes this

PotonForry
  • PotonForry

C'est La Merde

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by PotonForry, A week ago.

I don't know if it would be possible but I would love to see a crouch mod. I don't understand why Rockstar removed such a basic feature. 

Because its practically impossible to crouch and move/shoot in real life like niko does. Try it, its surprisingly difficulty

Good point, Niko was in the military at one point, so I'd imagine he had gone through the proper training for it.

However, M, F & T probably have no proper training whatsoever.

Krysalis
  • Krysalis

Prankster

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted A week ago

I wish someone can make a boobs physics mod, like bouncing and jiggling. It would cool when your character is in bikini and seeing your boobs bounce and jiggle while walking and running in first person. And ability to take down and f*ck every girl. 

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Gangsta

• Members

Posted A week ago

Add a dive animation, parkour will never be the same.

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted A week ago

I am one of those people who think that videogames should NOT be constrained by realism. I prefer fun things that are absurd and unbelievable to restricting gamers in the name of realism.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Lt Phill Bellic. Law Enforcement Enthusiast.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago

How many siren files are there in the 'Next Gen' version?

CartmanKusanagi
  • CartmanKusanagi

Dang It, Bobbeh!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by CartmanKusanagi, A week ago.

How many siren files are there in the 'Next Gen' version?

I don't think anyone has been able to get access to the PS4/Xbox One files yet (harder to decrypt). I might be wrong on that, though.

Mr Tomato
  • Mr Tomato

Y, RB, RB, Left, RB, LB, RT, LB.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago

Im not sure if this was posted or not but the modding community needs to make mods with these things which can make GTA V a more enjoyable experience

Car damage mod(unlocking the disabled roof and door damage because of FP mode)..and disabling FP mode if either the doors or roof was badly damaged.

Anti-rubber banding..cops cant go above their top speed limit and wont have sudden boosts to ram the car

Silencer mod...if there was no witness wen shooting a silenced pistol or sniper..u wont get a 1 star

Speed limit unlocker..cars can go to the top speed limit unlike in next gen where u can only go to 120mph

Aikor, I have great news for you.

There is already a way to fix both the police rubber banding and the speed limitation, it's a cheat called slidey cars, police cannot keep up with most cars that have a bit of power, they don't rubber band accordingly, they just get smaller and smaller in the distance.

Instead of police being massive trolls, you become the troll.

I have a couple ideas:

I'm personally gonna tear the driving to pieces and build it into a system that suits me, I'll post it up for others, I hope to see people enjoying it!

1. Camels/Carmels Towing;

Seeing as you can already tow any vehicle from either end even if they've exploded, I want to make skins for tow trucks, with the above name, just because I think the crude/dry humour fits in the game.

Then I want to make them a contact in your phone, whom you can call to come to your location, (may record the generic answering message myself then trigger the most enraged yelling of fuuuuuck for each character as a response) possibly even have them attempt to tow your vehicle, or recover it from where it's stuck (coding and algorithms for that might be beyond me) so I'd probably be happy to just have it rock up so you can steal it and tow it yourself.

Personal garages, the type at safe houses can be used to repair fully demolished/blown up cars, so I would then want to make all the auto shops garages work in the same manner, also being able to save vehicles there.

For the above mentioned mod, the flat bed truck needs to be fixed so it has a tilt tray/winch/ability to hold a car on the bed.

2. ARCADIA valet parking.

There is a valet parking sign, at the Arcadia business centre, but no valet service is available/happens at all, so I'd like to see that scripted into the game, have a couple of valet guys working, have people pulling into/waiting at the valet lane to have their cars picked up, people also waiting for valets to drop their cars off, it could also be used as a personal garage with a menu that allows you to choose from a list of cars you have there, to be brought up by the valet. this and any other similar things, that Rockstar should've added, that add more living and breathing feels to the world.

3. an off-roading park;

I'm going to have a scout around for the location, but I want to get into a bit of game map design, so I'll probably be starting out with a tasteful off-roading area, with all sorts of obstacles built from nature props, the movable log piles and the moveable rocks just beg to be used here.

4. LSC re worked.

It's inevitable that, as vehicle mods are made/ported into V, they will come with additional parts, which can be added/removed in LSC, I really really hope once we start seeing quality mods, that someone models any cool RWD jap car from the 80s/90s with a detailed engine bay, with a stock variant and a turbo variant, so that when you install a turbo, it actually physically installs.

Ability to remove any panel from a car.

Lift kits/bigger/wider/gripper tyres for off road vehicles.

The ability to actually slam cars with a suspension upgrade. (Maybe some smart peoples could script convincing airbag suspension into the game)

Forza like tiers of tyres, that actually make a noticeable difference.

Added menus, e.g. Rather than just one 'engine upgrade' menu, have multiple menus with different performance parts, that all add they're own amount of power. Each category containing at least 3 of each mod e.g. Cam shafts would have stage 1 through 3 each having more of a performance upgrade than the last.

That my list, we will see what reality allows once the games out.
  • Alvarez likes this

TheMostKnowledgable
  • TheMostKnowledgable

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

Add a dive animation, parkour will never be the same.

There is a diving animation lucky for you. It only works over water, but a trainer or script injected mod could probably make it easy to call on it whenever you like!

• Alvarez likes this

KingBiscuit789
  • KingBiscuit789

TM

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

Just waiting for a return of this:

If Piano Car mod doesn't return Ill make sure of a RIOT

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 3 days ago

Yoga Mod: complete the challenges of doing impossible keyboard shortcuts.

ZidaneTeen
  • ZidaneTeen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 2 days ago

Here is the latest preview in my female player mod with new voice acting - missions.

I've deemed story stuff too awkward to include, but strangers and freaks seem do-able since they're not too important and seem like they can be done by anyone without anything really changing, mission wise. So expect strangers and freaks along with all generic in-game dialogue and random encounter dialogue! I hope you guys like the concept, and the voice!

• Alvarez, AzelfandQuilava and wapster like this

KingBiscuit789
  • KingBiscuit789

TM

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago

Here is the latest preview in my female player mod with new voice acting - missions.

I've deemed story stuff too awkward to include, but strangers and freaks seem do-able since they're not too important and seem like they can be done by anyone without anything really changing, mission wise. So expect strangers and freaks along with all generic in-game dialogue and random encounter dialogue! I hope you guys like the concept, and the voice!

Wow,I'm curious on how long it took you to program ? well done there's another mod marked on my checklist for "what mods to download first when I get PC version".  :r*: Looking forward to your later work later down the road.

ManularChimera
  • ManularChimera

In the year 2076 GTA V was delayed again.

• Members
  • Chile

Posted 2 days ago Edited by ManularChimera, 2 days ago.

Mods which I would like to see in Grand Theft Auto V are these maps without replacing Los Santos.

Gostown Paradise

Route 66

Countryside Mountains V

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz2QO8ifFX0

XmaulGamer
  • XmaulGamer

Rat

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted A day ago

Please, I want a dense forest mod and a Bigfoot/Yeti mod :D

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Gangsta

• Members

Posted A day ago

This is really good! Look forward to see it some time after release, would definitely install it.

I wonder if Trisha Philips would sound like that.

Also, these terrain mods in post of ManularChimera look awesome, that was some high quality terrain generation right there. InsaneGaz is the man i would trust to make the whole Northern San Andreas.

CheeseGrater
  • CheeseGrater

Just a cheese grater

• New Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A day ago

http://imgur.com/nA7vZay

After seeing this picture first thing that came to my mind was a heisenberg mod for GTA V.

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Gangsta

• Members

Posted A day ago Edited by Alvarez, A day ago.

When i look at GTA PC screens, i cringe a bit inside, because that's a quality need to be matched for modding...

The cops could be replaced by Matrix agents, that would be realistic.

ZidaneTeen
  • ZidaneTeen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted A day ago

This is really good! Look forward to see it some time after release, would definitely install it.

Also, these terrain mods in post of ManularChimera look awesome, that was some high quality terrain generation right there. InsaneGaz is the man i would trust to make the whole Northern San Andreas.

Thank you! I'm glad someone will be trying this out when it's done! :D

• Alvarez likes this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Lt Phill Bellic. Law Enforcement Enthusiast.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted An hour ago

Spoiler

Thank you! I'm glad someone will be trying this out when it's done! :D

I too will be giving the mod a try as well.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users