Photo

GTA V General Modding Discussion

2,333 replies to this topic
rollschuh2282
  • rollschuh2282

Grove street for life !!!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 28 April 2017 - 04:08 PM Edited by rollschuh2282, 28 April 2017 - 04:09 PM.

Hi guys. I am new to modding and I have a question about installing one add-on car. This is the car mod I'd like to install in case you need to see for yourself - https://www.gta5-mod...x7-fc3s-tunable

Now, there's a instruction readme file in the rar file which goes like this:

add line below to dlclist  " <Item>dlcpacks:\fc3s\</Item> "
Create a folder named fc3s here "mods\update\update.rpf\dlc_patch" add content.xml 
Create a folder name fc3s here  "mods\update\x64\dlcpacks" add dlc.rpf

I understand the last two instructions, but I don't understand the first one. - add line below to dlclist  " <Item>dlcpacks:\fc3s\</Item> " What does that mean? How do I do it and where do I do it as I don't know where the ''dlclist'' is? Can someone please explain it to me step by step?

go to mods/update.rpf/common/data and open the dlclist.xml.
and then put the line from your mod under the patchday14 entry i think.
done
  • Jimmy_Leppard likes this

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2017 - 04:16 PM Edited by Jimmy_Leppard, 28 April 2017 - 04:18 PM.

Nevermind, I got it. Thanks a lot!

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Boss

• Members
  • None
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:38 PM

I am concerned that with next update, after the force menu thing, Rockstar will develop more radical measures against modifications, so if you haven't backup your files, i'd suggest everyone to do so.

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

Talkative like never before

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:14 PM Edited by Claude_Lib, 10 May 2017 - 01:17 PM.

Say what again? Sorry, I've been out of the loop for about a week, is there an update incoming? And what "force menu thing" you talking about? You mean how they remotely removed the Character Transfer button?

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

🦋 This action will have consequences...

• GTA Series Staff
  • Unknown
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:20 PM

Say what again? Sorry, I've been out of the loop for about a week, is there an update incoming? And what "force menu thing" you talking about? You mean how they remotely removed the Character Transfer button?

Force menu is a mod menu that's been wrecking GTA Online for the past month or so. You can see what it can do here.
  • Alvarez likes this

azzzovoxo
  • azzzovoxo

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 May 2017 - 01:03 PM

So with the Infernus Classic and Turismo Classic, as well as some other cars with pop-up headlights, how do you create a vehicle with pop-up headlights (w/o using the script mod from https://www.gta5-mod...rinter-trueno)?

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 15 May 2017 - 01:38 PM

https://forums.gta5-...w-be-customized
  • azzzovoxo likes this

azzzovoxo
  • azzzovoxo

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 May 2017 - 02:25 PM

Thanks @Claude!

ikt
  • ikt

_

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:08 PM Edited by ikt, 15 May 2017 - 09:09 PM.

I took some time polishing up the class I used for my menu. Went from this:
cbzrmw.png to this: wwlovz.png

Almost looks about as passable as NativeUI, no? :D I just need to also replace the highlighting with some texture drawing. Maybe give it some more width and decrease font size.

Also what would be a sensible way to draw textures/sprites on top of each other? The menu I use didn't use sprites except for checkboxes and some arrows, but it was all drawn on rectangles so it didn't need to worry about drawing order. Replacing those rectangles with textures did change a bit, so I now put the draw calls into a vector to execute after all bottom drawing has been done. Not sure how this affects performance though, but I couldn't think of any other way to draw stuff on other stuff, with the bottom layer background height and coordinates being dependent on the number of option rows.

• Claude_Lib and LeFix like this

martinlm
  • martinlm

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Argentina

Posted 15 June 2017 - 01:11 AM Edited by martinlm, 15 June 2017 - 01:12 AM.

Hello guys. I was having some really fun with Natural Vision 2.2 (my first one ever installed)

Then. Wild crash appeared

Yesterday i was still able to track the issues over the ingame mod's menu (show log option)

Today, the log is empty :/

This is what i remember

warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type

I also remember mentions to DOF.fx and UnsharpMask.fx. Yellow coloured lines stating issues on those files, and some werid coordinates.

Question is: is this fixable? or should I rather not to waste my time? Im asking this before uninstalling the mod and installing all over again 

Thanks bruhs. I do really appreciate it your help

spaceshape
  • spaceshape

SuS Yo

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2017 - 06:26 AM

R.I.P Rage Modding (2008-2017).

WalrusInAnus
  • WalrusInAnus

Player Hater

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 06 July 2017 - 11:54 AM

I'm completely new to mods in this game, and have only reinstalled it few days ago after a year break.

Could anyone recommend me a few basic mods (not the tools, I got that part I think) I might like? I'm not into new cars or guns, or generally ridiculous addons, just general gameplay improvements (I remember last time I played singleplayer, one thing I was annoyed with was the fact I couldn't select a default car even with a garage full of modded ones).

Basically, anything that makes the gameplay more fun, possibly more realistic in some aspects, or something like that.

zanesix
  • zanesix

Stupid Malaka

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2017 - 04:38 AM

I'm completely new to mods in this game, and have only reinstalled it few days ago after a year break.

Could anyone recommend me a few basic mods (not the tools, I got that part I think) I might like? I'm not into new cars or guns, or generally ridiculous addons, just general gameplay improvements (I remember last time I played singleplayer, one thing I was annoyed with was the fact I couldn't select a default car even with a garage full of modded ones).

Basically, anything that makes the gameplay more fun, possibly more realistic in some aspects, or something like that.

World of Variety, RDE (or CPRE if you think it's too extensive), and IVPack are my go-to's. For that personal vehicle thing, I found this script. It's a bit old, but it should still work. And I can't go without mentioning Simple Trainer just to make sure you have it.

WalrusInAnus
  • WalrusInAnus

Player Hater

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 07 July 2017 - 04:13 PM

Interesting. Thanks.

I am still unsure how to approach the mods site. Obviously it's better to go through every single page, but there are lots of similar mods, outdated mods and the like.

Phantom934
  • Phantom934

Player Hater

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:20 PM

I want to know the different between menyoo and Map editor(And I want to know are the map .xml files Compatibility; are .xml files supports both menyoo and Map editor; because In menyoo I have load each maps manually when Map editor can load it automatically; and I didn't have the "BEST" menyoo version for my .877.1 and menyoo keeps error on mid-gaming althrough it's working)

--V--
  • --V--

^

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2017 - 01:40 AM

What's the best skin control menu?

For ex. if I want to save my online character and load the exact same features from the skin control. menyoo doesn't seem to save everything.

Matticus88
  • Matticus88

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 July 2017 - 03:36 PM

Hi. I have a question about adding mods. If i add mods to my Single player game, such as the "premium deluxe motorsport car shop" and the "mpgunrunning in SP" mods so i can use the new vehicles in Single Player, will that prevent me from being able to play online without deleting the mods before doing so? I don't want to risk my online account for any mods. i don't know if single player mods have an affect or not.

rollschuh2282
  • rollschuh2282

Grove street for life !!!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 11 July 2017 - 03:47 PM

Hi. I have a question about adding mods. If i add mods to my Single player game, such as the "premium deluxe motorsport car shop" and the "mpgunrunning in SP" mods so i can use the new vehicles in Single Player, will that prevent me from being able to play online without deleting the mods before doing so? I don't want to risk my online account for any mods. i don't know if single player mods have an affect or not.

ALWAYS remove your Mods when you want to go in online.

Matticus88
  • Matticus88

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 July 2017 - 03:57 PM

Ok thank you.

--V--
  • --V--

^

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2017 - 06:43 PM Edited by --V--, 11 July 2017 - 06:43 PM.

You can't even go online with mods installed. "You're attempting to access GTA Online with an alternate version of the game".

but always use the mods folder and don't actually edit anything directly without backup.

Also, I'd recommend the Mod Enabler. it's basically a .bat file that asks you if you want to enable/disable mods.
here's the code if you're too lazy to download it:
Spoiler

LevelDockSix
  • LevelDockSix

Sure Shot

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • India

Posted 3 weeks ago

Anyone here good with Reshade? I've been using NaturalVision:

KhQ7TwQ.jpg

Look at the area around the radar: its been cleared of (what I assume is) the overlay effect. I understand why this was done (to leave the radar clear of any effects) but it  doesn't work on my resolution/aspect ratio. I tried looking for a setting in the in-game reshade menu but I couldn't find anything. Any tips on where I could adjust this setting?

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Claude_Lib, 3 weeks ago.

If you're talking about that bright rectangle around the minimap, then it has nothing to do with fade out effect removal, it's a bug with ReShade and it happens on my 16:9 1080p as well. I actually thought it was fixed, apparently not.
  • LevelDockSix likes this

LevelDockSix
  • LevelDockSix

Sure Shot

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • India

Posted 3 weeks ago

Well that sucks, thanks for explains though! It isn't too distracting thankfully.

CRAZY AL WARD
  • CRAZY AL WARD

The Mike Ehrmantraut Of GTAForums

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

Hey, Quick Question About FiveM: Are You Able To Play It While You Also Have Different Mods Installed?

Example: Dani02's Greenwood Added to the game, Am I Still Able To Play FiveM?

Thanks for Reply In Advance

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users