Photo

GTA V General Modding Discussion

2,318 replies to this topic
rollschuh2282
  • rollschuh2282

Grove street for life !!!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by rollschuh2282, 4 weeks ago.

Hi guys. I am new to modding and I have a question about installing one add-on car. This is the car mod I'd like to install in case you need to see for yourself - https://www.gta5-mod...x7-fc3s-tunable

Now, there's a instruction readme file in the rar file which goes like this:

add line below to dlclist  " <Item>dlcpacks:\fc3s\</Item> "
Create a folder named fc3s here "mods\update\update.rpf\dlc_patch" add content.xml 
Create a folder name fc3s here  "mods\update\x64\dlcpacks" add dlc.rpf

I understand the last two instructions, but I don't understand the first one. - add line below to dlclist  " <Item>dlcpacks:\fc3s\</Item> " What does that mean? How do I do it and where do I do it as I don't know where the ''dlclist'' is? Can someone please explain it to me step by step?

go to mods/update.rpf/common/data and open the dlclist.xml.
and then put the line from your mod under the patchday14 entry i think.
done
  • Jimmy_Leppard likes this

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Jimmy_Leppard, 4 weeks ago.

Nevermind, I got it. Thanks a lot!

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Boss

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

I am concerned that with next update, after the force menu thing, Rockstar will develop more radical measures against modifications, so if you haven't backup your files, i'd suggest everyone to do so.

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

Talkative like never before

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Claude_Lib, 2 weeks ago.

Say what again? Sorry, I've been out of the loop for about a week, is there an update incoming? And what "force menu thing" you talking about? You mean how they remotely removed the Character Transfer button?

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• GTA Series Staff
  • Unknown
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 2 weeks ago

Say what again? Sorry, I've been out of the loop for about a week, is there an update incoming? And what "force menu thing" you talking about? You mean how they remotely removed the Character Transfer button?

Force menu is a mod menu that's been wrecking GTA Online for the past month or so. You can see what it can do here.
  • Alvarez likes this

azzzovoxo
  • azzzovoxo

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago

So with the Infernus Classic and Turismo Classic, as well as some other cars with pop-up headlights, how do you create a vehicle with pop-up headlights (w/o using the script mod from https://www.gta5-mod...rinter-trueno)?

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

Talkative like never before

• Members
  • Russia

Posted A week ago

https://forums.gta5-...w-be-customized
  • azzzovoxo likes this

azzzovoxo
  • azzzovoxo

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago

Thanks @Claude!

ikt
  • ikt

HAAAAAAAAANDS

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by ikt, A week ago.

I took some time polishing up the class I used for my menu. Went from this:
cbzrmw.png to this: wwlovz.png

Almost looks about as passable as NativeUI, no? :D I just need to also replace the highlighting with some texture drawing. Maybe give it some more width and decrease font size.

Also what would be a sensible way to draw textures/sprites on top of each other? The menu I use didn't use sprites except for checkboxes and some arrows, but it was all drawn on rectangles so it didn't need to worry about drawing order. Replacing those rectangles with textures did change a bit, so I now put the draw calls into a vector to execute after all bottom drawing has been done. Not sure how this affects performance though, but I couldn't think of any other way to draw stuff on other stuff, with the bottom layer background height and coordinates being dependent on the number of option rows.

• Claude_Lib and LeFix like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users