GTA V General Modding Discussion

2,320 replies to this topic
eclaireN7
  • eclaireN7

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 January 2017 - 04:37 AM

You can't do it like in Comet Retro, add your new liveries to ytd file then use a trainer to switch.

That's better than nothing at least. Thanks for your help! ^-^

Stormplanet
  • Stormplanet

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 30 January 2017 - 11:46 AM

Hi, could someone tell me why i cant enter Home Garage Shops and LS Customs after i choose a addon Ped Charakter - can i fix it or is there something i can do ??? pls help

Mr.Arrow
  • Mr.Arrow

God Save the Penis

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2017 - 12:22 PM Edited by Mr.Arrow, 30 January 2017 - 12:26 PM.

Because you're not playing as Franklin/Michael/Trevor. Add-ons peds disabled all SP stuff related. The game simply doesn't recognise you as SP character.

Kavlos
  • Kavlos

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Greece

Posted 05 February 2017 - 02:23 PM

guys i have problems with my mods folder after the cristmas update. i updated skript hook trainers etc.... i have no problems playing with the trainer and a mods folder withounf any add ons . but when i put them the game crashes ! please help !

Stormplanet
  • Stormplanet

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 February 2017 - 02:27 PM

Itz too much... U can make a New beginning

M.K.N.
  • M.K.N.

Witness me, Bloodbag!

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 10 February 2017 - 02:54 AM Edited by M.K.N., 10 February 2017 - 02:55 AM.

The greatest problem with mods in GTA V is that they can be used in Online from troublemaking hackers as well, just to wreak havoc with them. Of course, R* are less likely to pay attention to those and ban legitimate players instead. That includes for said legitimate players who use mods for single player only yet R* lays the hammer on them. Its like they've gone anti-mod on everyone and bans them on sight, be it players who use mods Online or otherwise.

Modojo
  • Modojo

DVA 1 Bad Guys 0

• Members
  • United-States
  • GTAF Snapmatic Logo Winner

Posted 14 February 2017 - 11:07 PM Edited by Modojo, 14 February 2017 - 11:08 PM.

Does anyone know which folder that i can find the long dress outfits in open IV (not the valentines stuff but the flower textured ones)? I was hoping that it would be somewhere in the ill gotten gains patch folder but couldn't find it. 

The model name would be a plus as well (so i can just search it) 

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

🦋 This action will have consequences...

• GTA Series Staff
  • Unknown
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:52 PM

Does anyone know which folder that i can find the long dress outfits in open IV (not the valentines stuff but the flower textured ones)? I was hoping that it would be somewhere in the ill gotten gains patch folder but couldn't find it. 

x64w.rpf\dlcpacks\mphipster\dlc.rpf\x64\models\cdimages\mphipster.rpf\mp_f_freemode_01_female_freemode_hipster\jbib_006_u.ydd for the original model

update\x64\dlcpacks\patchday3ng\dlc.rpf\x64\models\cdimages\patchday3ng_f_outfits.rpf\mp_f_freemode_01_female_freemode_hipster\jbib_006_u.ydd for the updated model

• Modojo likes this

rollschuh2282
  • rollschuh2282

Grove street for life !!!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:30 PM

x64w.rpf\dlcpacks\mphipster\dlc.rpf\x64\models\cdimages\mphipster.rpf\mp_f_freemode_01_female_freemode_hipster\jbib_006_u.ydd for the original model
update\x64\dlcpacks\patchday3ng\dlc.rpf\x64\models\cdimages\patchday3ng_f_outfits.rpf\mp_f_freemode_01_female_freemode_hipster\jbib_006_u.ydd for the updated model

what is the difference between these 2 Models?

--V--
  • --V--

;)

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2017 - 11:57 PM

the ones from x64w are from last gen (I'm not a Hipster update I think) and just upscaled.
The ones in the update folder are the ones the game reads.

But I have a question not worthy for a new topic:
I've played Online with some modified .rps(s) for like 12-13 months, without problems (and bans). Now I'm verifying the files and downloading the original .rpf(s) cause I was too lazy to make a backup.
Will I see some problems, now? Cause I can't run the game without OpenIV.asi and openCameraV.asi
I've seen some people getting banned over some bullsh*t and I don't want to join another bullsh*t statistic.

Modojo
  • Modojo

DVA 1 Bad Guys 0

• Members
  • United-States
  • GTAF Snapmatic Logo Winner

Posted 23 February 2017 - 08:14 PM Edited by Modojo, 24 February 2017 - 06:35 AM.

Does anyone know if it's possible to mod michael's beard onto a MP character? There's only a list of textures for the mp ped but there seems to be no specific drawable model for it. 

Edit: just found out that it works but it's buggy as hell (clipping issues, mp model spazzing out, etc.)

wolfdude344
  • wolfdude344

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 February 2017 - 12:05 AM

Is everybody able to mod single player with their scripthook v working? And does anybody know when scripthook will be updated?

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

Talkative like never before

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 08 April 2017 - 11:29 AM

Do you guys remember that old in game mod manager concept?
Spoiler

Well, guess what, it's actually slowly becoming real: https://www.gta5-mod...-script-manager

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful Modding 2016 [Runner-up]
    Best Vehicle 2016 [IVPack]
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 08 April 2017 - 12:14 PM

Too bad that it's only for .NET scripts.

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 08 April 2017 - 04:15 PM Edited by Claude_Lib, 09 April 2017 - 11:19 AM.

For now, because unloading and reloading the .NET scripts is the simplest thing, it is already supported by the API, it's more like a proof of concept. Who knows what will be possible, say, next month. The way I see it, CamxxCore creates a full-featured API (EDIT: He already made it) that other mods will be able to use to create their own subcategories with their own settings, like, we will be able to change settings and map the controls for ikt's Manual Transmission via the Settings submenu, or fine-tune your AdvancedBlur addon. Lots and lots of mods that store their settings inside the INIs will let us edit them in-game and apply the changes on the fly.

• ikt likes this

ikt
  • ikt

HAAAAAAAAANDS

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 April 2017 - 05:16 PM

map the controls for ikt's Manual Transmission via the Settings submenu

yes pls

I've been thinking of making an ingame menu but that would consume another hotkey, plus it shouldn't be that realtime anyway. Biggest problem I have with this is porting my control classes over to C#.

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 08 April 2017 - 05:42 PM

By the way, I just thought of something. Is it possible to bring back burnout/revving mechanics from 3D Era games? In III/VC/SA, when you hold the handbrake and accelerate at the same moment, the rear wheels are locked while the front ones try to pull the car forward if it has FWD or AWD transmission. In V (and in IV actually) cars just don't move at all while revving the engine no matter what the transmission they have.

Maikerus
  • Maikerus

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 12 April 2017 - 08:51 PM

Hi. I would like to increase speed of tank's projectile. You know, to add more realism to game and shoot planes with my anti-aircraft-tank gun more easily :D. I ve played with AMMO_TANK lines in weapons.meta file, but still can't solve my problem for now. Thank you in advance :)

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 13 April 2017 - 06:16 PM

Not sure if this was known or it was just updated but they seemed to add something new to the Support page about multiplayer mods and it looks like they're going to keep being aggressive. It's dated March 21 2017.

https://support.rock...es/115004754228

http://archive.is/0oiL4

There are only two authorized Grand Theft Auto online services – the Rockstar Games’ hosted Grand Theft Auto IV multiplayer feature and Grand Theft Auto V’s Grand Theft Auto Online. Any other online Grand Theft Auto service is unauthorized and your use would violate the license for your software. If you develop software for or host unauthorized servers you are at risk of legal action by Take Two Interactive. Players who use unauthorized servers may be banned from Rockstar Games services.

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 13 April 2017 - 06:25 PM Edited by Claude_Lib, 13 April 2017 - 06:26 PM.

Players who use unauthorized servers may be banned from Rockstar Games services.

Hmm, curious how they're gonna detect who plays FiveM, especially since the SC login as a piracy prevention measure was the first thing to get rid of after the T2 vs NTA incident. I mean, it was, right? I never played FiveM myself, neither before nor after that.

MostWantedMVP
  • MostWantedMVP

OG

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 April 2017 - 03:14 PM

I lost touch with this game, I installed the Redux mod on PC. OH MY GOD it looks good. The physics are like GTA IV and the game looks overall amazing on my 4K TV.

I can play it at 1440p with my GTX 1060. I'm looking forward to the Liberty City mod lots of potential for Machinima.

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 16 April 2017 - 07:36 PM

Better use VisualV, Redux is a filthy rip off of my mod.

• RM76 likes this

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 17 April 2017 - 05:55 AM

Where can I find the value that controls the headlights coronas configuration? I want to fix the double corona bug on Blackfin.

Monkeypolice188
  • Monkeypolice188

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 April 2017 - 10:55 AM

Where can I find the value that controls the headlights coronas configuration? I want to fix the double corona bug on Blackfin.

Carvariations.ymt
  • Claude_Lib likes this

RM76
  • RM76

GTAF visitor since 2005

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 April 2017 - 10:59 AM

I lost touch with this game, I installed the Redux mod on PC. OH MY GOD it looks good. The physics are like GTA IV and the game looks overall amazing on my 4K TV.

I can play it at 1440p with my GTX 1060. I'm looking forward to the Liberty City mod lots of potential for Machinima.

Redux is essentially a pack of stolen mods made for profit. GG using it.

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 17 April 2017 - 11:08 AM Edited by Claude_Lib, 17 April 2017 - 11:10 AM.

Carvariations.ymt

Damn, this game's structure is so confusing. I really expected it to be somewhere in vehicles.meta.

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 18 April 2017 - 12:36 PM

Redux is essentially a pack of stolen mods made for profit. GG using it.

Is there a handy list of the mods he has 'compiled' (stolen) in his pack? I'm interested in the things this pack does, or at least some of them, but there's so much it's hard to tell what to even grab elsewhere.

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 18 April 2017 - 12:41 PM

Check out this topic: http://gtaforums.com...dux-discussion/

Monkeypolice188
  • Monkeypolice188

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:27 PM

Damn, this game's structure is so confusing. I really expected it to be somewhere in vehicles.meta.

Yeah, license plate variations are listed here too for some reason. I guess to work the same for variations.

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2017 - 03:50 PM Edited by Jimmy_Leppard, 28 April 2017 - 03:59 PM.

Hi guys. I am new to modding and I have a question about installing one add-on car. This is the car mod I'd like to install in case you need to see for yourself - https://www.gta5-mod...x7-fc3s-tunable

Now, there's a instruction readme file in the rar file which goes like this:

add line below to dlclist  " <Item>dlcpacks:\fc3s\</Item> "

Create a folder named fc3s here "mods\update\update.rpf\dlc_patch" add content.xml 

Create a folder name fc3s here  "mods\update\x64\dlcpacks" add dlc.rpf

I understand the last two instructions, but I don't understand the first one. - add line below to dlclist  " <Item>dlcpacks:\fc3s\</Item> " What does that mean? How do I do it and where do I do it as I don't know where the ''dlclist'' is? Can someone please explain it to me step by step?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users