GTA V General Modding Discussion

2,348 replies to this topic
Patrykq
  • Patrykq

Girl Lover

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:41 PM

I can't wait for classic GTA IV mods make a return in GTA V!  :lol: I mean, I hope they will! And if they do it's gonna be amazing. All those fun times in GTA IV with for example: horse mod and after this long we can do it again in GTA V! If somebody does it it's gonna feel so surreal and awesome haha.

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:43 PM

I'm still waiting for gtamodding to go back online so I can start adding info on V.

same here, been waiting since January

TORO Y MOI
  • TORO Y MOI

Lord

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:57 PM

The one mod I really really really want is to allow the creator to be used in certain Free Roam Build servers, where people can build whatever they want!! Has the posibilty to be AMAZING!!

GMOD for GTA?

Basically, just imagine a full server of people creating bases and then having a huge war.... i'm just brainstorming, so many ideas!

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:36 AM

Just waiting for a return of this:

• ToyGT_one, BlackScout, Xerukal and 3 others like this

Coin
  • Coin

I'm the James Bardolph of GTAF smd

• The Yakuza
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:06 AM

I will be modding regardless of whether R* provide support for it or not.

Jitnaught
  • Jitnaught

✰✰✰✰✰✰

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:25 AM

Instead of making a God mode, I'm going to make a Chuck Norris mode :D

Flesk99
  • Flesk99

Pretty Good Taco Cooker

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:21 AM

Soon to come hopefully: SAPD:FR
  • Excolis likes this

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:32 AM

I will grab a brew or a few and I will go deep into those files. One of my favorite things to do with every new GTA on PC. I usually only mess around with handling, some weapon tweaking, and maybe timecyc. I'll wait and see how the modding community is doing with scripting at some point. I love waiting for much smarter guys than me to release some tools. 

Modding will be nuts on GTA V. It's a true sandbox and there's so much to work with if/when people open it up. The only thing that concerns me is the lack of modding in MP3. What was the deal with that game? 

• gunziness and Exocortex like this

Voggs
  • Voggs

Just like the white winged dove

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:36 AM Edited by Voggens, 11 June 2014 - 04:42 AM.

Full character model replacements! My dream is playing as Leon S. Kennedy in the HD Era San Andreas. :panic:
  • Lamborghini1335 likes this

joejuggernaut
  • joejuggernaut

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:59 AM

Am i the only.one who does not want to be trolled by some kid crashing servers with trainers? I dont want mp modding it will ruin many peoples experience with mods racing and tdm will be pointless.
  • Yicle_ likes this

Clxbsport
  • Clxbsport

Schafter V12 | Chiron

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:05 AM

This topic was pinned! Thanks guys, appreciate it.

Regardless if R* will provide support or not, I think 50-50. They already know modding because of the Meltdown movie (iCEnhancer and SNT).

sparky66
  • sparky66

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:28 AM Edited by sparky66, 11 June 2014 - 06:29 AM.

I'm almost certain it will be moddable, all GTA games have been in the past and rockstar have always said that they support modders. Plus on the small chance it isn't moddable, people will find a way. I expect V to have a similar file structure to IV.

I will probably start with tweaking the traffic spawning to my liking as I did in IV e.g. More realistic. Give every vehicle a traffic spawn group, make everyday cars far more common (Asea!), make super cars rare but not too rare and make weird vehicles such as the space docker spawn very rarely in sandy shores. I would add the DLC cars to traffic too.

I would also change the traffic car colours, again as I did in IV. Add more possible colours to add more variety. Also remove some of the horrible colour combinations that spawn on some vehicles (who decided that the Sabre and Phoenix can spawn in such awful colour combinations as lime green and yellow or bright orange and red?).

A mod to remove the ugly machine guns from the wings of the JB700 would also be good. Also I will probably download a trainer at some point, that added hours more fun to IV. Provided trainers don't screw with online that is.
  • gunziness likes this

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Boss

• Members
  • None
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:11 AM

Oh yeah, Sparky66, good that you mentioned JB700.
It needs automatic shotguns and barb droppers back.

Mista J
  • Mista J

I can't wait to show you my toys...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:17 AM Edited by DarthShinobi, 11 June 2014 - 07:17 AM.

Can't wait for sh*t like this to start popping up. :lol:
toy_story_gta.png
  • refusion28, Excolis, Lamborghini1335 and 2 others like this

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:29 AM

"Trainers to make missions easier" because they arent easy enough already with that ridiculous health regeneration.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV Lives

• Members
  • Russia
  • Best Tool 2016 [OpenIV]
    Best Tool 2012 [OpenIV]
    Major Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:35 AM

Hello folks,

We are at OpenIV team working hard to bring you GTAV modding features as soon as possible.
GTAV have so much potential for modding, and we hope to open this potential for you.

Currently we are making progress in research, you can watch this here on our GTAForums topic or follow OpenIV at YouTube.
I hope GTAV will have golden age of modding, and hope we will not ruin GTAOnline experience for anyone.

• Gforce, Performer, LINK/2012 and 8 others like this

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci
  • None
  • Modding Contribution Award

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:53 AM

Hello folks,

We are at OpenIV team working hard to bring you GTAV modding features as soon as possible.
GTAV have so much potential for modding, and we hope to open this potential for you.

Currently we are making progress in research, you can watch this here on our GTAForums topic or follow OpenIV at YouTube.
I hope GTAV will have golden age of modding, and hope we will not ruin GTAOnline experience for anyone.

We modders don't ruin it, it is people using our tools that do this. I guess with V it becomes even more of a problem, as with IV there were non competitive game modes (free and party) which were perfectly suitable for mods. As a result, we could limit our mods to those two modes, later on Rockstar added isolation which added a second layer of protection.

That second layer of protection is probably the only line of defense now, and for sure it will be broken.

Blaim the users, not the creators please :)
  • Gforce and Exocortex like this

pachuu
  • pachuu

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Poland

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:55 AM

Multiplayer with roleplay servers ^^ 

Yogensia
  • Yogensia

Hobbyist Digital Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:17 AM Edited by Yogensia, 11 June 2014 - 09:18 AM.

Sure it will be moddeable, they'll just try to make it so that certain mods if not all of them all lock you out of multiplayer, since there's an economy in GTAO and cheats and mods would be a big threat to that. I don't expect R* to release modding tools though, but the engine is well known already to modders and tools will likely be updated for GTAV within a couple of months of the PC release.

Aleph-Zero
  • Aleph-Zero

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:27 AM

This question is stupid. No game is unmoddable. If there are no mods for a game it's because no talented modders are interested in making mods for it.

If it's "unmoddable" you mod it to be "moddable".

AndreyKva
  • AndreyKva

Cold Slavic Killer

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:54 AM

Who the hell cares if it will be moddable? One way or another, modders will find a way. Best case, Steam Workshop support. Rockstar have GOT to cash in on the modding potential.

s-paco
  • s-paco

Still here.

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:32 AM Edited by s-paco, 11 June 2014 - 10:34 AM.

Even if it's not officially supported, it will still be done. Even the console versions are being modded right now, it's that easy.

This question is stupid. No game is unmoddable. If there are no mods for a game it's because no talented modders are interested in making mods for it.

It's not that easy, some devs just close their games down to prevent modding. Look at Battlefield 4 for example, it's immensely popular yet there are no mods.

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:43 AM

Hello folks,

We modders don't ruin it, it is people using our tools that do this. I guess with V it becomes even more of a problem, as with IV there were non competitive game modes (free and party) which were perfectly suitable for mods. As a result, we could limit our mods to those two modes, later on Rockstar added isolation which added a second layer of protection.

That second layer of protection is probably the only line of defense now, and for sure it will be broken.

simple solution would be to ensure the modding tools don't conflict/work with Online.

If R* use their heads and create separate launch exe's for SP and Online it would stop the whole SP2MP switching thing, installing SP and MP to separate folders would make even more sense, but we know R* won't pay any attention to that, but they should if they want to protect Online.

I enjoy GTA modding and have for a long time, but Online is sacred to me and personally I don't want to see it ruined by modding, but it will be.

as for who to blame ................................. without the tools, modders can't mod ;)

HaciSerkanOsman
  • HaciSerkanOsman

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:50 AM

toy_story_gta.png

Mods like these shouldnt be done to a GTA game.cmo wtf is this how old are u guys..
  • robban and DKUnleashedPC like this

s-paco
  • s-paco

Still here.

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:52 AM Edited by s-paco, 11 June 2014 - 10:53 AM.

toy_story_gta.png

Mods like these shouldnt be done to a GTA game.cmo wtf is this how old are u guys..

Who cares? As if all mods should be catered to your taste. Go troll somewhere kid.

Prywatne
  • Prywatne

Snitch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:54 AM

True :ph34r:

Mr Snitcher
  • Mr Snitcher

Snitching you in GTA Online

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:49 PM

How about PSY?

PSY-Gangnam-Style-03.gif

How about the Star Trek Enterprise?

Boldly go where no man have gone before...

fva-630-star-trek-warp-drive-enterprise-

How about the THE AVENGERS?

avengers_background_8.jpg

Archangelsky
  • Archangelsky

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:02 PM

I for sure hope it will be able to mod the game (not that I can do anything, but still) and I seriously hope we get some excellent mods that will make the handling of the cars etc more realistic. Also it would be nice to be able to use wheel and pedals.

RageDev
  • RageDev

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:06 PM

LSPDFR + LAPD Crown Vics and Dodge Chargers

Murray Bunyan
  • Murray Bunyan

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:24 PM Edited by Murray Bunyan, 11 June 2014 - 03:30 PM.

Even if it's not officially supported, it will still be done. Even the console versions are being modded right now, it's that easy.

It's not that easy, some devs just close their games down to prevent modding. Look at Battlefield 4 for example, it's immensely popular yet there are no mods.

Although I think part of what you're saying is true, but, wasn't BF3 also locked and some guy successfully modded the game? I think that mod removed the blue tint. I heard some players were banned.

Also, how can anyone forget about this gem?: 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users