Quantcast

» «
Photo

Should Next Gen Gta:Online be Free aim only?

357 replies to this topic
petraeus
  • petraeus

Thug

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:11 PM

This is not call of duty, the aim controls suck.

• saintsrow likes this

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:20 PM

I wouldn't get rid of assisted-aiming. That's not really fair to those who like it.
As for me, you won't see me in any assisted-aim lobbies, though. 
I'm tired of going 150mph past a player and getting killed.
So realistic.

Might help to either:
-reconsider your car selection
-add some Armor to your car
-practice non linear driving patterns and evasive maneuvers

That should help to keep that from happening.

Tabula Rasa
  • Tabula Rasa

Don't get me wet! Ladies please..4 at a time.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:22 PM

Sink or swim

NorthwindJME
  • NorthwindJME

Your Getaway Driver

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:36 PM

No, because choice. I like games to have more choices. Assisted aim is not likely to be going anywhere any time soon.

The PS4 and One(80) pads aren't much different from their 7th generation counterparts.

G D
  • G D

Praise the sun, or die trying.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:55 PM

They should remove aim bot and add actual assisted aiming. Like CoD, Battlefield. Yep. They have assisted aiming, you didn't know? :sarcasm:

Auto aim have been in GTA since III

Because the aiming in the old gtas suck so much dick. Every GTA before IV had garbage aiming, and V has the best one yet.

Not everyone who uses free aim is a mega skilled elitist popping headshots in a second. 75% of the free aimers actually suck.
The rest aim with perfect accuracy contrary to popular belief. We don't aim a rifle infront of our character, then move it to shoot... Whoever said this is a fkin retard. Stop talking out of your ass.

Free aim isn't clunky at all. That's a damn lie. Just because you suck doesn't mean it's the game's fault, I'm not saying it's the best aiming evah, it has lots of annoying problems sure, but it's not hard at all.
  • Dbns_Finest likes this

SoggyLuke
  • SoggyLuke

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:08 PM

I wouldn't mind if the mechanics were smooth like call of duty

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:10 PM

Wouldn't make sense, but I'd want it anyway.

xMaxinatorx
  • xMaxinatorx

HAYVAN!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:15 PM

No,because than 90% of the liitle kids wouldn't want to play because they got no skill. For myself it wouldn't be a problem.

ktek01
  • ktek01

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:12 PM

If you want GTA to be like other shooters, then JUST PLAY OTHER SHOOTERS. Rockstar will continue to do what's best for them.

Free aim and auto aim sessions are alredy separated anyways, and nobody is stopping you from playing free aim.

Free aim players want it changed because the free aim lobbies are ghost towns, which should pretty much answer the original question. 

• ugotsmoked and Awesom-0 like this

Riznind
  • Riznind

Shaken, then stirred

• D1RTY12
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:27 PM

Pff, they are not ghost towns. But most people are pretty good in free aim, because if you get slaughtered for some time, you step up or flee back to auto aim, where there are more average players.

I played gdsaqq last night, he smoked me pretty good, cause he's better. I can accept that and try to do better next match. Most people don't have that patience or determination.

slowburn29
  • slowburn29

Significantly more hydrated than you

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:29 PM

Should free aim be the only option on ps4, X1 and Pc? I understand why people used auto aim this gen (the controllers weren't the best and shooting feels quite awkward sometimes in V) but since there's gonna be a lot of improvements and the next gen controllers actually are great to use,IMO I think GTA: Online should be free aim only. Instead of the community being split, we can all be together.

Your opinion?

Yes. Now you are bored, go get some sun

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?"

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:42 PM

I played gdsaqq last night, he smoked me pretty good, cause he's better. I can accept that and try to do better next match. Most people don't have that patience or determination.

Gdsaqqq good but he's not better than me :p

Spoiler
  • Riznind likes this

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:07 PM

If you want GTA to be like other shooters, then JUST PLAY OTHER SHOOTERS. Rockstar will continue to do what's best for them.
Free aim and auto aim sessions are alredy separated anyways, and nobody is stopping you from playing free aim.

Free aim players want it changed because the free aim lobbies are ghost towns, which should pretty much answer the original question.

A lot of people had/have no idea there is a Free Aim. Default setting is AA and the only way to change it is to go back to SP and switch it there.

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:09 PM

Lol that makes sense. I wouldn't know, haven't been to one in a while. Since you have the option to STILL free aim with assisted aiming on, they need to stop all that nonsense about getting rid of free aim.

But honestly, according to their own logic "free aim players have more skill." By that same reasoning, you'd think that a free aim player could easily cross over and wipe out everyone in auto-aim by using auto aim right? Has that been happening? As far as I kno, it hasn't.

That's cause free aim doesn't use more skill, just different skill. I'm tired of that worn out argument.

Arya35
  • Arya35

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:23 PM

Makes no sense to add auto aim for pc, it's clearly easier to aim with a mouse.
I only play auto aim because I can play with friends and find people for jobs. Otherwise I would play free aim when online, just like singleplayer. If there was aim assist in this game like most console fps games, free aim could be a lot easier for everyone.

brose_sfr
  • brose_sfr

brozilla

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:23 PM Edited by brose_sfr, 10 June 2014 - 05:24 PM.

so... GTA has been AA for 15 years, & they should remove because...?

something new? that always makes games better.

next CoD will switch to AA & everyone will be over joyed!

maybe when they're taking out AA from GTA, they cant remove custom cars from races. if you can win in a stock car, you're lazy & a n00b.

(see how dumb everything I've typed sounds)

TheBabyOrganGrinder
  • TheBabyOrganGrinder

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:26 PM

MOST HORRIBLE IDEA EVER NO.

Skylan
  • Skylan

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:30 PM

It would be fine as long as they FIXED the free-aim. It's way too unwieldy right now. I play all my games with free-aim, except GTA, because the free-aim has always been/is so bad. And if WE lose auto-aim, then so should be computer.

^ The above represents my OPINION. My PERSONAL opinion. An opinion represents my own personal thoughts and should NOT be construed as stated "fact". If you reply to the above in a childish manner, whether it be flaming, insults, or personal attacks, your reply will be completely disregarded by me.

• cunningstunt likes this

JordCorner
  • JordCorner

Smoke Show

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:32 PM

No. 

Host your own free aim sessions you hipster.

• saintsrow and am30 like this

Riznind
  • Riznind

Shaken, then stirred

• D1RTY12
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:36 PM

so... GTA has been AA for 15 years

If I remember correctly GTA 1 was free aim. lol You had to switch the line of the bullets manually! :lol:

• stormy1 likes this

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:46 PM

Should free aim be the only option on ps4, X1 and Pc? I understand why people used auto aim this gen (the controllers weren't the best and shooting feels quite awkward sometimes in V) but since there's gonna be a lot of improvements and the next gen controllers actually are great to use,IMO I think GTA: Online should be free aim only. Instead of the community being split, we can all be together.

Your opinion?

No.

Why not have everyone in auto-aim?  For the same reason they shouldn't have everyone in free-aim.  Horses for courses.

GTA (and all games for that matter) should be accessible to all players regardless of abilty.

/thread.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

It's been a ride

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:09 PM Edited by saintsrow, 10 June 2014 - 06:12 PM.

Terrible idea.  Game controllers are rubbish at aiming weapons.

:^:  :^: Indeed.  The ridiculous dead zones and small linear range in game controllers are my biggest pet peeve.  They are unbelievably frustrating.  Not only do I want auto-aim, I also want auto steering.  I doubt that next gen controllers will be any better than present gen.  

EDIT:  I should add, that some games do a much better job than others, at using the controllers, so I know it can be done better.  I can't understand why most gave developers can't get it right.   :angry:

Mrgrandis_HKG
  • Mrgrandis_HKG

Employee Of The Month

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:13 PM

Need softer auto aim

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:46 PM

looks like we're stuck with auto-aim

too many players are relying on it and they don't want to alienate such a large part of their fanbase

IMO it's just a relic from a few generations ago and it's not really needed anymore

aiming works just fine if you ask me. sure it's no COD but that's because COD is f*cking retarded

all the diving and 360 no-scoping nonsense is just ridiculous.

who-dat
  • who-dat

Haha Bama sucks!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:48 PM

No, this is a terrible idea.

I'm guessing you play using free-aim. What if Rockstar were to announce next gen GTAO could only be played using assisted-aiming... so, y'know,  we can all be together?

I wouldn't play it anymore.
f*ck PLAYING AN ONLINE GAME WITH AUTO-AIM....the best part is how AAers brag about their k/d or shooting accuracy! Lol

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:48 PM

looks like we're stuck with auto-aim
too many players are relying on it and they don't want to alienate such a large part of their fanbase
IMO it's just a relic from a few generations ago and it's not really needed anymore
aiming works just fine if you ask me. sure it's no COD but that's because COD is f*cking retarded
all the diving and 360 no-scoping nonsense is just ridiculous.

Hey now, dolphin diving was the sh*t I'm BO1...one of the only CODs I actually enjoyed.

who-dat
  • who-dat

Haha Bama sucks!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:53 PM

GTA (and all games for that matter) should be accessible to all players regardless of abilty.

So if someone has no ability at a game, they should still be as good as someone with skill?!? Handicapping is NOT something that belongs in PvP games. There are sh*tty players and there are badasses, and everything in between, just like real life.....I'm not the fastest runner, so can I get some handicapping to make me as fast as Usuain Bolt?

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:54 PM

No, this is a terrible idea.

I'm guessing you play using free-aim. What if Rockstar were to announce next gen GTAO could only be played using assisted-aiming... so, y'know,  we can all be together?

I wouldn't play it anymore.
f*ck PLAYING AN ONLINE GAME WITH AUTO-AIM....the best part is how AAers brag about their k/d or shooting accuracy! Lol

It's about as bad as free-aimers pointlessly boasting about how they think they are superior in a F*KING MEANINGLESS VIDEO GAME.

So if someone has no ability at a game, they should still be as good as someone with skill?!? Handicapping is NOT something that belongs in PvP games. There are sh*tty players and there are badasses, and everything in between, just like real life.....I'm not the fastest runner, so can I get some handicapping to make me as fast as Usuain Bolt?

Skill in a video game?  Don't make me laugh.  Kid, go outside and be skilled at something that matters in real life.  It's only a video game.

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

Pegassi CEO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:08 PM

No u elitist

Riznind
  • Riznind

Shaken, then stirred

• D1RTY12
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:12 PM Edited by Riznind, 10 June 2014 - 07:18 PM.

edit: see below

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users