Quantcast

» «
Photo

Should Next Gen Gta:Online be Free aim only?

357 replies to this topic
TeleportUppercutSpam
  • TeleportUppercutSpam

eyy

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:36 AM

GTA has been auto-aim since GTA3, why are some people so against it now? Is it because you hate losing a couple of virtual dollars every time you get auto-aim killed?

because it's 2014 and I consider auto aim a cheap replacement for refined aiming mechanics.

Play Uncharted 2, the aiming is as smooth as a baby's butt and the game doesn't rely on auto aim at all.

prestonchan
  • prestonchan

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:41 AM

dont make some BS suggestion the would f*ck up a game please?

I just want to play the game, I cant do free aim at all, then I have to die?

go f*ck with yourself maybe?

• Outplug likes this

FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

Pew Pew Pew - - -

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:43 AM Edited by FR_Player-One, 10 June 2014 - 10:44 AM.

Again, because something always been done a certain way isn't a reason for it.

Give a real reason instead, like I don't know, it enhance the gameplay, gun fights are more intense or more comfortable, etc. That's a valid argument for it. Not "because it always been there" (and you are afraid to loose it).

• Outplug likes this

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:50 AM

^^ that's what soft-lock does, you know the in-between option.
although i feel it's useless as anyone on soft lock will still be in traditional aim lobbies therefore at a disadvantage to everyone else.
auto-aim is whats actually more thriling and challenging, less reflexes but more brain, more people, sure it's easy to kill but that goes for everyone, it's also easy to die.
i only go to free aim when i want to test the law of averages and my connection speed.

I'd argue it takes MORE reflexes. Free aim is more so about steady hands and steady eyes. Accuracy and prcecision

But with auto aim? The accuracy and precision are handled for you (to a degree). Lol when everyone has John Marston's dead eye, it's always about who has the faster reflexes and can react or shoot first.

The funny part is that players get so used to auto aim they get lazy, and forget that you STILL need to do the work. That's why people thinking it takes no work usually don't do to well.

Well, it seems this is pretty unanimous. Thread over? Thread over. Who wants to go to Waffle House for some waffles and hashbrowns? I'm buying.

Only if you promise turkey bacon.

DavieShredder
  • DavieShredder

Boat Expert

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:50 AM

Yep, we should definitely handicap a game on a console that is capable of giving us more.

Wait... What?

• Outplug likes this

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:54 AM Edited by RoyalRedXIII, 10 June 2014 - 10:57 AM.

People.. please.. the game doesn't have to hold your hands. 
I know it's GTA and auto aim has been a tradition for GTA, but it's 2014 for crying out loud, GTA has to move on and become a damn normal 3rd person shooter.

If you want GTA to be like other shooters, then JUST PLAY OTHER SHOOTERS. Rockstar will continue to do what's best for them.

Free aim and auto aim sessions are alredy separated anyways, and nobody is stopping you from playing free aim.

Give a real reason instead, like I don't know, it enhance the gameplay, gun fights are more intense or more comfortable, etc. That's a valid argument for it. Not "because it always been there" (and you are afraid to loose it).

How bout giving a real reason to suggest changing it in the first place. It's always the free aim people complaining about changing something that's not bothering anyone.
  • Outplug and TimelyMeerkat like this

TeleportUppercutSpam
  • TeleportUppercutSpam

eyy

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:56 AM

I know it's GTA and auto aim has been a tradition for GTA, but it's 2014 for crying out loud, GTA has to move on and become a damn normal 3rd person shooter.

If you want GTA to be like other shooters, the. JUST PLAY OTHER SHOOTERS. Rockstar will continue to do what's best for them

What's best for them? Being lazy and giving us auto aim to make up for the fact that they can't make a proper free aim 3rd person shooter?
C'mon.

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:59 AM

If you want GTA to be like other shooters, the. JUST PLAY OTHER SHOOTERS. Rockstar will continue to do what's best for them

What's best for them? Being lazy and giving us auto aim to make up for the fact that they can't make a proper free aim 3rd person shooter?
C'mon.

Being lazy? How bout satisfying two different parties by allowing players to choose, therefore doing what's best for them (which is having the most customers)

Free aim and auto aim sessions are alredy separated anyways, and nobody is stopping you from playing free aim.
  • Outplug, TimelyMeerkat and Awesom-0 like this

¥en
  • ¥en

Get Cage'd

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:00 AM

Simple then. I play on Assisted (not Auto) Aim because the [hard] NPCs are aimbots and free aim isn't smooth enough to warrant the hassle in dealing with the NPCs. Don't really care about PvP, in this regard, as the overwhelming majority of my kills come from free aiming despite being in AutoAim/Assisted lobbies.

These ports aren't going to change it in a way that would make the above no longer true, so the aim settings should remain as they are.

ZeusMowat_278
  • ZeusMowat_278

It's my brains against your von Braun.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:02 AM

It's 2014 & people are complaining about peoples choice of aiming.

Qnhtd.jpg
  • Outplug and 2281 like this

TeleportUppercutSpam
  • TeleportUppercutSpam

eyy

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:04 AM

Simple then. I play on Assisted (not Auto) Aim because the [hard] NPCs are aimbots and free aim isn't smooth enough to warrant the hassle in dealing with the NPCs. Don't really care about PvP, in this regard, as the overwhelming majority of my kills come from free aiming despite being in AutoAim/Assisted lobbies.

These ports aren't going to change it in a way that would make the above no longer true, so the aim settings should remain as they are.

You do know that they can just fix the AI?

Oh, and assisted aiming is auto aim, because the game directly aims for you rather than assists you. 

Serdzy
  • Serdzy

Snitch

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:07 AM

GTA is not a FPS. If you want free aim, you can always use it, so I don't know why your preffered choice should be everyone's choice.

• Outplug likes this

¥en
  • ¥en

Get Cage'd

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:11 AM

Oh, and assisted aiming is auto aim, because the game directly aims for you rather than assists you. 

Yes, I know this, so much so in fact that it can't "just be done", as if it were some trivial task. Call me a realist but I would not expect an AI overhaul for a port.

And yes, I am aware of what Assisted Aim is, I've been using the damn setting since September. I said free aim because I frequently engage other players outside of the lock on range. ;)

elfoam
  • elfoam

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:13 AM Edited by elfoam, 10 June 2014 - 11:14 AM.

I was going to make a post asking how many have moved to free aim now that there's not many challenges left in the game. Recently I've been using free aim in missions by self targeting in auto aim lobbies. I've found it advantageous with my new low level character. It really showed itself yesterday when I got invited to Coveted set on hard while at level 8. The other three players were all level 150 plus and went all gun ho to the cove without sniping anybody and all died straight away.. I spent the next part of 10 minutes hiding behind anything I could find slowly wearing down the enemy with the special carbine and my limited health/stamina.

Only one guy stayed to see me finish but I got there in the end. It just wouldn't have worked out using auto aim, firstly because I was too far away to lock but I needed headshots or to hit arms/legs to get most of them. I figure if you are playing like this anyway, may as well move to free aim lobbies.

FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

Pew Pew Pew - - -

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:13 AM

How bout giving a real reason to suggest changing it in the first place. It's always the free aim people complaining about changing something that's not bothering anyone.

Yo, you're aware of the context ?
I was replying to the "it's always been there therefore it must stay" argument.
I'm not the one suggesting that it had to be free aim only. I couldn't care less if they keep it as it is on PS3/360 to be honest, that doesn't bother me.

TeleportUppercutSpam
  • TeleportUppercutSpam

eyy

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:14 AM

Yes, I know this, so much so in fact that it can't "just be done", as if it were some trivial task. Call me a realist but I would not expect an AI overhaul for a port.

And yes, I am aware of what Assisted Aim is, I've been using the damn setting since September. I said free aim because I frequently engage other players outside of the lock on range. ;)

I'm just saying that fixing the AI and giving us smoother free aim would be the better option here, 's all.

GR Choke
  • GR Choke

Fun Race Creator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:36 AM

Well, it seems this is pretty unanimous. Thread over? Thread over. Who wants to go to Waffle House for some waffles and hashbrowns? I'm buying.

f*ck that buy me a nice chocolate fudge cake please

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:41 AM

I'm not the one suggesting that it had to be free aim only. I couldn't care less if they keep it as it is on PS3/360 to be honest, that doesn't bother me.

No, what you're doing is ignoring my response.  I never said that and have answered you and explained.

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Gaudium Enim Victoria

• Members
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:42 AM

Are we going to go through every single previous thread but with "..on next-gen" added to the title?

• Outplug, Ermacs, RowanSane and 3 others like this

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:43 AM

Oh my bad, I wasn't aware that you weren't voicing your opinion on it. Sorry bout that. but uh yeah, my point is stil the same.

The way I see, It doesn't matter if he gave a complex valid argument, or just said "cause I don't wanna!" Lol there was no "real reason" to suggest its change in the first place, so to argue that the OP be answered with a "real reason" is null.

Are we going to go through every single previous thread but with "..on next-gen" added to the title?

You heard it here first folks. This guy just called it. This quote has been liked lol.

maybeanotherone
  • maybeanotherone

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:51 AM Edited by maybeanotherone, 10 June 2014 - 11:51 AM.

so much ignorance at display

why are people bringing up dedicated 3rd person shooters, like Uncharted?
if you want proof R* knows and can make free aim dedicated shooters, there's Max Payne 3.

flawless aiming and mechanics, a real challenge to beat on harder settings and no aim assists.

GTA is not a dedicated shooter, it's open world with shooting elements.

the whole game design is diferent, games like Uncharted or MP3 make you follow set paths and linear environments with enemies scripted to appear always in front of you or whichever way you need to go.

GTA places you in a total open environment where enemies can and will spawn 360degrees around you.

that's the crucial bit everyone overlooks, all other free aim games are scripted set pieces all the way, GTA has a very dynamic and random enemy system, namedly the cops and ai respawn points in missions.
  • gtafan26, G D, RowanSane and 3 others like this

RaceKingX
  • RaceKingX

Here he comes... and there he goes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:52 AM

if you want proof R* knows and can make free aim dedicated shooters, there's Max Payne 3.

flawless aiming and mechanics, a real challenge to beat on harder settings and no aim assists.

the whole game design is diferent, games like Uncharted or MP3 make you follow set paths and linear environments with enemies scripted to appear always in front of you or whichever way you need to go.

GTA places you in a total open environment where enemies can and will spawn 360degrees around you.

that's the crucial bit everyone overlooks, all other free aim games are scripted set pieces all the way, GTA has a very dynamic and random enemy system, namedly the cops and ai respawn points in missions.

That... that was beautiful. I couldn't have put it better myself.

TheHammer
  • TheHammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:53 AM

R* doesn't want GTAO to be as empty as Free Aim Lobbies,  it will never happen

stormy1
  • stormy1

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:05 PM

I believe next gen will be nothing but free roam, much like free aim now.

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:12 PM

No. I'd be fine with making free aim the default option though.

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:43 PM Edited by RoyalRedXIII, 10 June 2014 - 12:44 PM.

That... that was beautiful. I couldn't have put it better myself.
I don't even think it has to go that far tho....

If some one likes listing games they think are better shooters for any given reason, and can talk about why they like them more than GTA, then it's simple:

GO PLAY SAID SHOOTERS. NO ONE CARES.

IcePwrd
  • IcePwrd

Child of GabeN

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:53 PM

On PC I'm all for free aim. However a controller is just not a suitable device for making accurate movements, that's why pretty much all console shooters have aim assist. Having free aim only would just ruin firefights

Winning001
  • Winning001

∫secx dx: Have Fun!

• Members
  • North-Korea
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:54 PM

Nope

Free aim sensitivity is so low on console (even with the sensitivity turned to max)

mouse aim master race- no need for auto aim on PC

BoJack Cognac
  • BoJack Cognac

Cowboy and Rap Star

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:54 PM

I wouldn't get rid of assisted-aiming. That's not really fair to those who like it.

As for me, you won't see me in any assisted-aim lobbies, though. 

I'm tired of going 150mph past a player and getting killed.

So realistic. 

• Nomad0202 likes this

eQuis_
  • eQuis_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:09 PM

No! I want the kiddies and noobs to stay in the kiddie-side.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users