Quantcast

» «
Photo

Should Next Gen Gta:Online be Free aim only?

357 replies to this topic
lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:41 PM Edited by Lazyboy., 12 June 2014 - 06:42 PM.

Don't be an elitist. Let there be choices. Why anyone would want choices removed is beyond me. It reeks of elitism.

Free aim is standard in most third person shooters so I don't think of free aim as 'Elite'.

Okay what if free aim was set as default but you could still choose auto aim if you wanted?

This game is not or never was a 3rd person shooter as you said. It has elements of a 3rd person shooter yes but that is one smal part of the game. It would be equivalent to saying GTA is a Racing game. No its not a Racing game ewither but haselements of a Racing game.

Do you see where this is going? GTA is more than a shotting game and thats why the game mechanics are the way they are and will prob never change. This is a multifaceted action adventure game with a million side games built in.

Did Socom have golf and tennis and car Racing??? No because it was a 3rd person shooter game....

Saints Row uses free-aim.
Just Cause 2 uses free-aim
Sleeping Dogs (if I remember correctly) uses free-aim
Fallout uses free-aim
Far Cry uses free-aim
Dead Rising uses free-aim
Elder Scrolls uses free-aim

Your point is invalid.

No youre just too lame brained to understand it. None of Those games are anything like GTA. Fantasy role playing games and zombie shooter games.. youre a moron for comparing Those games.

They are all open-world games involving ranged weapons.

Shooting zombies or dragons means diddly sh*t. Free-aim is being used.

I believe you're the moron here.
  • paulmgrath and 33d like this

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:42 PM

Backwards trick fails when they have rockets, I laugh at noobs who try this to high levels who have rocket and grenade launchers.

Still, regardless of what mode you prefer or think is more fun or takes more skill the simple fact of the matter is that most people prefer traditional gta aiming and its not going anywhere. You have two options,1 learn to play it or 2 stay in your elitist free aim and play with yourself.

NombreDeLaBeast
  • NombreDeLaBeast

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:44 PM

This is a visual representation of the AA/FA argument and all that take part in it...

01.jpg

WHAT IS WRONG WITH HIS NOSE!!!! 

OT: Like many have said, dont take away people's choices. Allow them to play however they want to play.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Union Of Flesh And Machine

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:47 PM Edited by B Dawg, 12 June 2014 - 06:47 PM.

Game controllers are rubbish at aiming weapons.

Depends on the player really. I play GTA IV on PC with the 360 controller, and I'm pretty accurate with it.

• Vooodu and TheIllaDopest like this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:48 PM

Backwards trick fails when they have rockets, I laugh at noobs who try this to high levels who have rocket and grenade launchers.

Still, regardless of what mode you prefer or think is more fun or takes more skill the simple fact of the matter is that most people prefer traditional gta aiming and its not going anywhere. You have two options,1 learn to play it or 2 stay in your elitist free aim and play with yourself.

Backward tricks does not fail.    You fail.. You're an AA player using a rocket to FREE AIM the kill... Basically you just got forced to use an over priced rocket to blow up a PV and also pay for their insurance.  Cool beans smart guy,..lol. But that was my plan.  To basically force you to free aim..

Again.. What its this elitist crap you keep spewing?  f*ck off with that bullsh*t...lol

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:52 PM

Depends on the player really. I play GTA IV on PC with the 360 controller, and I'm pretty accurate with it.

Don't you know? If you can't figure out how to use it its terrible. Its kinda like anyone who kills me is a hacker/no life and anyone I kill is a n00b.
  • B Dawg likes this

GreyleafGamer
  • GreyleafGamer

Ni !

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:15 PM

Instead of the community being split, we can all be together.

Your opinion?

Yes, let's all be together and eliminate free aim on next gen systems. 

• Miss Malevolent likes this

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:26 PM

Backward tricks does not fail.    You fail.. You're an AA player using a rocket to FREE AIM the kill... Basically you just got forced to use an over priced rocket to blow up a PV and also pay for their insurance.  Cool beans smart guy,..lol. But that was my plan.  To basically force you to free aim..

Again.. What its this elitist crap you keep spewing?  f*ck off with that bullsh*t...lol

I told you I have many free aim kills, the reason I don't play free aim is not cause I'm bad at it, I don't play it cause it sucks for a variety of reasons in gta and no one else plays it either.

Also you fail cause after I blow up your car I spawn kill you free aiming with the sniper till your noob ass leaves. High levels are rich, we blow up your car for fun and laugh about it. It takes 3 minutes to make enough cash to blow up 2 cars and use a few rockets, we don't care, lol!

Riznind
  • Riznind

Shaken, then stirred

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:39 PM

If you're a free roamer, there are full rooms 24/7 in free aim. So that could not be a reason to stay in AA.

What are your reasons then?

Nathaniel Essex
  • Nathaniel Essex

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:47 PM

I like auto-aim. I wish there was an auto-drive or an auto-mission complete. anytime where I have to use more than an ounce of brain power in a video game I just get frusterated. gun fights are soo much more intense with auto-aim. I don't have to use the anologs, I can just aim and it automatically locks on to a target. hell, I don't even have to look at the screen sometimes. so immersive.

seriously though, there's nothing wrong with auto-aim. it just shouldn't take precedence over free-aim--espeacially in a game that puts this much
emphasis on guns and gun attachments. auto-aim kind of makes having a large variety guns in gtav redundant.

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

This election sucks.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:50 PM Edited by SirMichaelRocks23, 12 June 2014 - 07:51 PM.

plus i'm not even on about PVP, the AI on enemies is retarded and overpowered.

Police and NPCs are deadlier than most players, i'm not going to play with a disadvantage against the CPU.

Pretty much this. GTA V had to be built for auto-aim because the CPU are rather insane in this game, both in tactics and accuracy. That accuracy carries over between all of the aiming preferences, even free-aim, making the game insanely more difficult than it's intended to be. If you don't believe me, play Method In The Madness and look at your health get chomped in a second away by the Lost riding their bikes doing drive-bys.

YES. There's a reason why games like Halo, CoD, BF, Killzone, Gears of War, and many other first and third shooters have aim assist in their games, and that's because you can't get precise aiming in the heat of a firefight. 

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:09 PM

If you're a free roamer, there are full rooms 24/7 in free aim. So that could not be a reason to stay in AA.

many, all of which ive previously stated multiple times.  probably the main one is that GTA is not designed to be played with free aim and playing it that way sucks to me as a PC gamer who loves free aim.  in the few console games i played free aim it will automatically adjust your analog stick sensitivity when zooming in with a sniper to compensate for the sh*tty console controllers small range of movement which makes moving fast for close targets and slow for accuracy sniping at the same time otherwise impossible.  GTA does not possess that ability, plus ive played every other gta game with the traditional settings and it feels more natural to me.  If it was designed for free aim id use it, and hope they make some changes for the pc version which i intend to play free aim.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:25 PM Edited by Vooodu, 12 June 2014 - 09:26 PM.

many, all of which ive previously stated multiple times.  probably the main one is that GTA is not designed to be played with free aim and playing it that way sucks to me as a PC gamer who loves free aim.  

That kind of statement always bugs me.

I've played through the main story of GTA 4 and RDR with Free aim many times.  And i've beaten GTA V's story with Free aim also.  None of which was hard.

Also i've beaten every co-op mission in GTA O, on hard with free aim.. Also, not hard.

Im also a PC gamer... And im and not bothered one bit by consoles and controllers.  The problem with PC game and using a mouse is its tooooo easy to aim and shoot.  Which is why i enjoy consoles games, its takes a bit more finesse to aim and shoot which makes shootouts more enjoyable.

I told you I have many free aim kills, the reason I don't play free aim is not cause I'm bad at it, I don't play it cause it sucks for a variety of reasons in gta and no one else plays it either.

Also you fail cause after I blow up your car I spawn kill you free aiming with the sniper till your noob ass leaves. High levels are rich, we blow up your car for fun and laugh about it. It takes 3 minutes to make enough cash to blow up 2 cars and use a few rockets, we don't care, lol!

After you blow up my car i go passive...   Then get my car back and start over.  I do this all the time...  

You don't honestly think im gonna let you spawn kill me with Auto Aim do you?  Its gonna cost you.  No one cares if your rich or high lvl. Im rich with two high lvls and i care when i blow up PVs and waste cash.  So... what ever.

Also... FA free roam is always packed.  Mainly with people who don't like getting killed by AA.     :p

Wallywhitehurst
  • Wallywhitehurst

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:26 PM

Should free aim be the only option on ps4, X1 and Pc? I understand why people used auto aim this gen (the controllers weren't the best and shooting feels quite awkward sometimes in V) but since there's gonna be a lot of improvements and the next gen controllers actually are great to use,IMO I think GTA: Online should be free aim only. Instead of the community being split, we can all be together.
Your opinion?

I think you're just being bitter. Auto aim has been a part of rockstar games for a while now, that's not going to change just because gta is coming to ps4 and xbone.

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:54 PM Edited by RoyalRedXIII, 12 June 2014 - 10:09 PM.

Mis edit*

lol...

FA does not make anyone superior nor have i ever claimed that, thats a mental issues some of you HARDCORE AA players have.. But using AA makes someone play as a handicapped. Since that what it is, its a tool used to make shooting easy.

Basicaly AA is retard mode. That just makes FA superior by default since manual aim is the only legit aim mode in any game.

Your so called 'skill'. Its the same as Free Aim except for the lock on. Thats it, nothing more then that.

lmao.. f*ckin hardcore AAers.. You're all pretty funny.

I mean i spend alot of time in AA.. Hell, i've probably spend more time in AA then you have...

Hardcore AA? Never heard of that, and definitely dont consider myself to be that. And in case you missed the memo, you may not say it makes anyone superior, but the rest of your FA seems to think so. You can't have a simple discussion about any kind of aiming without a free aimer jumping in like "I'm a free aimer! Auto aim is for pussies!" Or some nonsense like that.

I won't stop you from saying stuff like "manual aim is the only legit aim in any game" cause after all, your are entitled to your opinion lol. I won't take that away from you. But like I said before, AA emphasizes reflex and less on having steady hands/ coordination.

The reason AA seems easier is cause reflexes are a more natural skill for most people than the hand eye coordination of aiming in free aim. Opinions are opinions, but reflex being a skill is a fact. If you DONT consider reflex to be a skill then THERE IS NO CONVERSATION TO BE HAD IN THE FIRST PLACE.

And have you taken the time to notice that the only reason this thread in exists in the first place is cause a person playing FA brought the issue up!? LOL it's ALWAYS the free aimers! Making pretentious statements like

"Basicaly AA is retard mode. That just makes FA superior by default since manual aim is the only legit aim mode in any game."

So when you say hardcore AA players, I don't get that at all lol.

Like at any rate, I didn't know before, but I read some stuff that gave me insight as to why that is. It's cause Free Aimers are tired of having no one to play with. And instead of just trying to win people over, they come off as fascists. But from the way you talk, you don't seem to different.

"I mean i spend alot of time in AA.. Hell, i've probably spend more time in AA then you have... :P"

I suppose you want me to pat you on the back and high five you for that, right? Lol well then congrats. You win! Your better than everyone cause you free aim and still auto aim. Lol keep up the good work.

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:00 PM Edited by Miss Malevolent, 12 June 2014 - 10:14 PM.

I think you're just being bitter. Auto aim has been a part of rockstar games for a while now, that's not going to change just because gta is coming to ps4 and xbone.

I've listened to the whiners since the start go from, "It's all about challenging yourself", to, "It's so much more fun", to, " Only retards let a game aim for them", to, "Rockstar has acknowledged us for using more skill by giving us more RP/Money", all as reasons to goad the community at large to join their merry band of misfits.

So now the tactic is to have their choice put ahead of Traditional GTA aiming in the hopes that most people will play that way as they will not take the time to change their settings. Not realizing that theirs is the choice and Traditional GTA aiming is the standard.

All of these tactics, from insults/shaming to bargaining hasn't moved the community at large one iota, so now trickery is the gambit. Hilarious.

I can never say never with Rockstar, as it seems as long as you're a VOCAL minority, they MAY listen. My hope is, they will continue to ignore the minority and keep the game as they've made it and leave the choice there for those invested in their e-peens. Unlike those on the other side of the aisle with their grade school taunts/insults, I'm uninterested in telling folks how they should play a game that some other entity (Rockstar) created.

And lastly, elitist may use the word elite as a root, but when you are being described as being elitist, it is not complementary. It is an attack on a person's lack of character. But I don't think it's appropriate to call folks against aiming choice elitist. I think a more appropriate term would be, fascist.

They're aiming fascists.
  • RoyalRedXIII likes this

mysteriousamg
  • mysteriousamg

SurvialistSociety Crew Leader & Savage11's Crew Leader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:02 PM

To bad genetically modified foods are good and have been feeding the world for over 100 years, lol

wrong, the technology didnt exist 100 years ago.

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:19 PM Edited by RoyalRedXIII, 12 June 2014 - 10:20 PM.

I've listen to the whiners since the start go from, "It's all about challenging yourself", to, "It's so much more fun", to, " Only retards let a game aim for them", to, "Rockstar has acknowledged us for using more skill by giving us more RP/Money", all as reasons to goad the community at large to join their merry band of misfits.
So now the tactic is to have their choice put ahead of Traditional GTA aiming in the hopes that most people will play that way as they will not take the time to change their settings. Not realizing that theirs is the choice and Traditional GTA aiming is the standard.
All of these tactics, from insults/shaming to bargaining hasn't moved the community at large one iota, so now trickery is the gambit. Hilarious.
I can never say never with Rockstar, as it seems as long as you're a VOCAL minority, they MAY listen.

This is what made me give it a second look.

The frustrating part is Rockstar doesn't do enough to even the amount of players in autoaim and free aim, if both sides had a healthy amount of players these kind of threads would be allot less frequent. It's easy for some of you to say suck it up and join auto aim as that is already your preference but honestly would you be as happy to make a switch if the majority of players migrated to free aim tomorrow and finding games in auto aim became a chore.

As it is now you start the game with auto aim and your settings are taken into GTAO with no way of changing them unless you go back to single player, just think of how many people there are possibly not even knowing that you can switch your aiming preferences online. Something simple like a message while GTAO is loading like Want more of a challenge? earn more cash and xp by trying free aim which can be accessed by changing aim preferences in single player.

Something like that would be a good start just to inform people that there is another option.

I like the argument you presented there and sounds very reasonable! Lol
It's too bad that most free aimers themselves don't take that approach. They'd rather be like "auto aim is for no skilled pussies and 12 year olds!" Instead of sayin hey guys, it'd be nice to have some more free aim players, so give it a try! It's not that bad."
Smh it's funny really because I've been to free aim sessions before, and from what I understand, most people end up there by accident after receiving an invite, and then NEVER GO BACK. It was fun for me, but I stil prefer auto aim. However, no one wants to hear being called a loser noob by some douchebag on a forum. That's not how you win people over.

As I've said here, if more of the FA community conducted themselves as reasonably as this guy here when presenting their case, I'd be more open to it. But since the majority of what I see still looks like this

I'm gonna laugh when(since it's a f*cking shooter), gta6 has no remnant of an auto lock system, playing the game for you scrubs.
Gonna lose a lot players aren't we? if we can even call 'em players.

How many times we gotta say it? we're better at it, cause we actually dodge each others shots...and actually shoot each other.

I'm still far from being won over Lol -.-

B3astGTS
  • B3astGTS

Why? Because cash cards...

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:20 PM

Repeating your claim does not make it any less baseless. I could say "Rockstar games sell better because of their amazing sound design. The sales numbers tell the story."  It's nothing more than jumping to a conclusion about the sales numbers.

As for your other claim, the only place a contradiction exists is in your mind. In a world where all you do in GTA is aim, yes there would be a contradiction. However, how about we frame things as they are in the real world where the reality is that auto aim is but one of many aspects that make up GTA. Allow me to blow your mind for a moment with the "wild" suggestion that one or more of the game's other aspects could be responsible for it being better than the competition, or that the overall experience when all of the game's aspects are taken into account could negate any negative impact that auto-aim has.

I could say the same of your claim (baseless) that Rockstar's aiming system being subpar to other games in the same genre. Your opinion does not equal fact.

I will agree that there are many other aspects that draw legions to Rockstar games, including their aiming system.

I called it outdated, and the supporting evidence exists in the multitude of action oriented and other similar games without an auto-aim system. Now it's still an opinion, but it isn't baseless.

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:22 PM Edited by Miss Malevolent, 12 June 2014 - 11:23 PM.

I called it outdated, and the supporting evidence exists in the multitude of action oriented and other similar games without an auto-aim system. Now it's still an opinion, but it isn't baseless.

Fairly baseless, as Rockstar hasn't given into the convention of other game developer engines...continues to produce their product with their aiming system and continues to outsell other "GTA" clones by billions of dollars. Because they aim their game at the majority, not the minority.

B3astGTS
  • B3astGTS

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:36 PM

Fairly baseless, as Rockstar hasn't given into the convention of other game developer engines...continues to produce their product with their aiming system and continues to outsell other "GTA" clones by billions of dollars. Because they aim their game at the majority, not the minority.

LOL. Even though you are still jumping to conclusions and make baseless accusations, if nothing else I'll give you points for persistence. Seriously though, do you read what you write? Sales has nothing to do with the aiming system being outdated. 

As for your sales analysis, we know that GTA has sold well. However, if want to continue to throw out your opinions as to why, provide some actual supporting evidence/actual points or stop wasting everyone's time.

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:46 PM

LOL. Even though you are still jumping to conclusions and make baseless accusations, if nothing else I'll give you points for persistence. Seriously though, do you read what you write? Sales has nothing to do with the aiming system being outdated. 

As for your sales analysis, we know that GTA has sold well. However, if want to continue to throw out your opinions as to why, provide some actual supporting evidence/actual points or stop wasting everyone's time.

I don't think she's saying that the aiming system is the only reason it sells, but just noting that as being a single example of how rockstar has been doing they own thing and more so to the point, doing what's in their best interest, that being making a game a large audience has come to love.

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:51 PM Edited by Miss Malevolent, 12 June 2014 - 11:52 PM.

I gave you a rationale on why Rockstar is successful. You rejected that rationale because of the narrative you want to portray. Your opinion that their aiming system is outdated is simply that, an opinion. You need to realize that you're entitled to your own opinion, not your own facts.

I have not asked you to prove your opinion thus this ridiculous need for "proof" of my opinion is just a tactic to continue a beating a dead horse, because simply put, your type can't handle dissent.

What amazes me is the fact that so many of you aiming fascists can't handle or deal with Rockstar's outdated aiming system...that has been in how many iterations of GTA, but you keep coming back to the well, plunking down those dollars I guess for the right to bitch and moan how GTA isn't trying to be like all the other GTA clones out there.

I would say, maybe skip GTA since they insist on catering to the "retards, lazy (insert other laughable insults about pixels on a screen here)" with their outdated aiming system...and put those hard earn dollars behind the GTA clones that are doing it right. That way with your dollars, you can hit Rockstar in their pockets, to get them to join the 21st century, when it comes to creating a proper aiming engine (in your opinion).

B3astGTS
  • B3astGTS

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:44 AM Edited by B3astGTS, 13 June 2014 - 12:59 AM.

I gave you a rationale on why Rockstar is successful. You rejected that rationale because of the narrative you want to portray. Your opinion that their aiming system is outdated is simply that, an opinion. You need to realize that you're entitled to your own opinion, not your own facts.

I have not asked you to prove your opinion thus this ridiculous need for "proof" of my opinion is just a tactic to continue a beating a dead horse, because simply put, your type can't handle dissent.

- I already covered this in a previous post but apparently the message didn't get through. You put out a opinion without any supporting rationale. I also shared an opinion, but with a supporting rationale. I asked you to provide supporting evidence, or proof to back up your claim because that's how adults reasonably discuss different opinions. You are welcome to dissent all you want, but I would expect you to have some points to back up your stance. An opinion without a supporting rationale is worthless. It's a childish approach to trying to make a point as you essentially are trying to make a point by saying "because" over and over again. If you want to discuss anything on that level than please just insert "nuh uh" as my response to you. Otherwise you can try to have a discussion on the level of an adult and back up your statements.

What amazes me is the fact that so many of you aiming fascists can't handle or deal with Rockstar's outdated aiming system...that has been in how many iterations of GTA, but you keep coming back to the well, plunking down those dollars I guess for the right to bitch and moan how GTA isn't trying to be like all the other GTA clones out there.

-Aiming Fascist......ok. As far as your actual comment, I've been playing since GTA 1 (didn't have auto aim by the way). I honestly didn't care about the auto aim in GTA 3, Vice City, or San Andreas because those were single player games. I had enjoyed the series as a whole up through this edition. I don't plan on buying any Rockstar games after GTA V (more so due to the unnecessary time sink they turned multiplayer into than due to auto aim). Note I ignored/removed the last paragraph as it wasn't worth a response.

See my points in bold (That work better for you Royal).

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:54 AM Edited by RoyalRedXIII, 13 June 2014 - 01:02 AM.

- I already covered this in a previous post but apparently the message didn't get through. You put out a opinion without any supporting rationale. I also shared an opinion, but with a supporting rationale. I asked you to provide supporting evidence, or proof to back up your claim because that's how adults reasonably discuss different opinions. You are welcome to dissent all you want, but I would expect you to have some points to back up your stance. An opinion without a supporting rationale is worthless. It's a childish approach to trying to make a point as you essentially are trying to make a point by saying "because" over and over again. If you want to discuss anything on that level than please just insert "nuh uh" as my response to you. Otherwise you can try to have a discussion on the level of an adult and back up your statements.What amazes me is the fact that so many of you aiming fascists can't handle or deal with Rockstar's outdated aiming system...that has been in how many iterations of GTA, but you keep coming back to the well, plunking down those dollars I guess for the right to bitch and moan how GTA isn't trying to be like all the other GTA clones out there.

-Aiming Fascist......ok. As far as your actual comment, I've been playing since GTA 1 (didn't have auto aim by the way). I honestly didn't care about the auto aim in GTA 3, Vice City, or San Andreas because those were single player games. I had enjoyed the series as a whole up through this edition. I don't plan on buying any Rockstar games after GTA V (more so due to the unnecessary time sink they turned multiplayer into than due to auto aim). Note I ignored/removed the last paragraph as it wasn't worth a response.
You need to edit this post -.-

You messed it up....

(Edit) fixed it for you. You had the quotes mis aligned.

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:10 AM Edited by Miss Malevolent, 13 June 2014 - 01:12 AM.

- I already covered this in a previous post but apparently the message didn't get through. You put out a opinion without any supporting rationale. I also shared an opinion, but with a supporting rationale.

-Aiming Fascist......ok. As far as your actual comment, I've been playing since GTA 1 (didn't have auto aim by the way).

Yes, I removed the irrelevant parts as well.

Saying, other games use a "better aiming" system, is not a supporting rationale. That is the very definition of a logical fallacy (appeal to popularity). So no, your opinion is still simply an opinion. Nothing more or less. Why this is hard for you to grasp? I'll answer, cause you can't handle dissenting opinions. Most mature adults can.

Your GTA1 (Other things GTA1 didn't have,3D modeling, street level viewpoint, character customization, also not a modern day third person shooter as we don't play the game from an eagle-eye viewpoint.) comment was another attempt at facetiousness and has no bearing on the discussion at hand. I would have removed it as well, but it was such a silly statement, I needed to address it.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:14 AM

many, all of which ive previously stated multiple times.  probably the main one is that GTA is not designed to be played with free aim and playing it that way sucks to me as a PC gamer who loves free aim.  

That kind of statement always bugs me.

I've played through the main story of GTA 4 and RDR with Free aim many times.  And i've beaten GTA V's story with Free aim also.  None of which was hard.

Also i've beaten every co-op mission in GTA O, on hard with free aim.. Also, not hard.

Im also a PC gamer... And im and not bothered one bit by consoles and controllers.  The problem with PC game and using a mouse is its tooooo easy to aim and shoot.  Which is why i enjoy consoles games, its takes a bit more finesse to aim and shoot which makes shootouts more enjoyable.

meh, PC free aiming is hard enough against other skilled players.  the lack of movement range on consoles always pisses me off, plus the fact that the further you push it the faster it goes vs pc where its speed is based on your speed.  The PC controls just feel much more natural to me since ive played them for as long as theyve existed and not really played any for very long on the console because the PC version is always better with more features and ability for more players on the map online.  

I find it impossible to have my sensitivity set to where i can move slowly and accurately enough to get the headshot sniping and also be fast enough to get close targets.  If you have it so you can accurately snipe its agonizingly slow and nowhere near fast enough to quickly get the close target before it gets you and if you have it fast enough to do that your sniper aim jumps 5 person widths at zoom making it bump back and forth and get lucky to land on the guy at all and forget about a headshot situation.  zooming in and out is far to slow as well, perhaps if it was faster or simply snapped to the zoom level and/or had a different sensitivity setting while looking through it like other games it wouldnt be such a problem.  The f*cking retarded camera system where you cant look at the same spot consistently other than directly in front of the character while moving also doesnt help.  It just takes too long to get sh*t pointed in the right direction accurately to make free aim enjoyable for me in GTA. 

I dont care what anyone thinks, GTA is not really a pvp shooter game, its a bonus and its fun, but its full of problems, lol!  Its much better free aiming in other FPS console games but they still suck compared to PC.  GTA simply is not designed to play it free aim effectively and efficiently, and I dont care what you think, thats a f*cking fact Jack!  These problems are still problems in auto aim but at least when it jumps to the target it alleviates the slowness up close so you can be decent at sniping without sacrificing too much short range ability, provided of course that it actually locks the correct intended target which it often doesnt.  

Free aim might be ok if you want to increase the challenge playing missions when you first start playing but its not really a large enough RP bonus to make it worth putting up with the hassles in my opinion, especially at this stage of the game for me. Ive played them all 400000 times and and they really arent fun anymore.  id rather blow through them fast as possible to get the small payday so i get more cash faster rather than shoot the same deadly accurate NPCs with free aim which takes much longer and requires the use of cover.  With auto aim I can easily take out multiple npc targets quickly and easily and I love simultaneously pwning 2-4 players on auto aim who like you think that pressing lock and fire is instant win, cause its not, lol!  Auto aim makes NPC action much easier but still requires skill against players that know how to play it effectively.

I say it requires more skill than free aim half jokingly just to piss of the melon heads who dont like auto aim who think they are so awesome and superior cause they play free aim on a console, however it actually is a little more challenging if you havent figured out the timing between when you can and cannot achieve a lock as well as the range at which each weapon is capable of locking.  Attempting to lock too soon after youve had a lock for any reason and lost it including misjudging the range and having the wrong weapon results in failure to lock and starts the time over which usually makes you dead.  Also having a weapon that does less damage or is less accurate than your opponents even at short range will make you dead and its very frustrating.  

You can kill them past the lock on range but you wont be around long enough to free aim if they have a longer range weapon than you.  I totally understand how it would piss off free aim players who have not figured this out yet as you need to adjust your style of play accordingly.  Free aim gives you much more time to aim at them and kill them even with a weaker gun before your opponent can kill you as they are likely as bad if not worse than you at it.  In auto aim you have to pay more attention cause you wont get any warning shots and running around erratically doesnt make you safe because they track you. Its more about knowing which weapons work best from where rather than simply being the fastest one to get your crosshair over the other guy.  Same things apply in free aim but to a much lesser degree of importance.  theres more time to react with free aim cause even the best console free aimer alive isnt as fast as the auto lock, giving you seconds instead of mere milliseconds which makes traditional aim more exciting, faster pace and more fun to me.

I almost went to free mode because of some weird ass laggy sessions sh*t that started happening randomly and to varying degrees after patch 1.13 that made it take longer to get a lock and switch weapons and do anything requiring 2 buttons or more.  It also appeared to alter the hitbox location vs the players character on the screen cause people take more bullets to kill even though they are all registering as hits on my screen.  that laggy sh*t has gotten me killed many times in auto aim where in free aim i may have come out victorious.  Hard to get the lock fast enough when the reset time varies, wait to long they get ya, dont wait long enough then you have to wait twice as long and they get ya, lol! 

anyways, thats my opinion on the matter, hope it helps you to understand.

TLDR:  Its not gonna change and people prefer Traditional Aim for these and other reasons so quitcher bitchin!

To bad genetically modified foods are good and have been feeding the world for over 100 years, lol

wrong, the technology didnt exist 100 years ago.

there was some fella breeding various varieties of peas to achieve the same things that todays GMO technology can achieve, so it depends on your view of genetically modified I guess.  at any rate they are good for a variety of reasons and everyones been eating them for many years with no problems.

who-dat
  • who-dat

Haha Bama sucks!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:34 AM

free aim is less realistic

Really? So IRL, I can pull out my Taurus 9mm and auto-lock onto my target? My 12gauge can auto-lock onto clay pigeons? How do I do it?!? Is there an 'easy' button like on those commercials?!?

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:38 AM

free aim is less realistic

Really? So IRL, I can pull out my Taurus 9mm and auto-lock onto my target? My 12gauge can auto-lock onto clay pigeons? How do I do it?!? Is there an 'easy' button like on those commercials?!?

I guarantee im better in real life than you are with gta free aim, lol

who-dat
  • who-dat

Haha Bama sucks!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:55 AM

Auto aim aims for the body but its alot better to get headshots which take skill even in aa

Flicking the thumbstick up slightly=skill (according to you)

Don't be an elitist. Let there be choices. Why anyone would want choices removed is beyond me. It reeks of elitism.

Free aim is standard in most third person shooters so I don't think of free aim as 'Elite'.
Okay what if free aim was set as default but you could still choose auto aim if you wanted?

This game is not or never was a 3rd person shooter as you said. It has elements of a 3rd person shooter yes but that is one smal part of the game. It would be equivalent to saying GTA is a Racing game. No its not a Racing game ewither but haselements of a Racing game.
Do you see where this is going? GTA is more than a shotting game and thats why the game mechanics are the way they are and will prob never change. This is a multifaceted action adventure game with a million side games built in.
Did Socom have golf and tennis and car Racing??? No because it was a 3rd person shooter game....
Saints Row uses free-aim.
Just Cause 2 uses free-aim
Sleeping Dogs (if I remember correctly) uses free-aim
Fallout uses free-aim
Far Cry uses free-aim
Dead Rising uses free-aim
Elder Scrolls uses free-aim

Your point is invalid.

No youre just too lame brained to understand it. None of Those games are anything like GTA. Fantasy role playing games and zombie shooter games.. youre a moron for comparing Those games.
Saints Row and Just Cause are JUST like GTA.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users