Quantcast

» «
Photo

Should Next Gen Gta:Online be Free aim only?

357 replies to this topic
Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:31 AM

Right, because all other games that could be considered action shooters don't sell well and don't cater to the majority. That's a ridiculous premise (not to mention you don't have any sales data to back you up).

I said it outsells other games, I said nothing about the other games aren't selling well. But Rockstar outsells them. Why? making their game more accessible to the majority, versus catering to the minority of players. So your argument you made up for me, is not something I said or even implied.

Also note I called it an action/shooter as I realize the game isn't just a shooter.  It's like arguing You could argue its an action sandbox if you want (side note: arguing about a game's genre using a mini-game as an example is absurd; core gameplay features define the game's genre). COD isn't a close match but you were the only one to mention COD. If you want to compare similar games better examples are Sleeping Dogs, Saints Row, Crackdown, and Red Faction: Guerrilla. Does GTA outsell those? Yes. Is it because the other games cater to niches? No, it's because GTA is the most polished (as it should be because it was first).

As far as action rpg, considering series like Diabo and Torchlight are the prime examples of action rpgs, going have to call that classification off base.

Whether you feel the classification is off base is moot...It isn't strictly a shooter...and the games that come close to being what GTA as I said their sale numbers pale in comparison because of Rockstar catering to the casual player.

B3astGTS
  • B3astGTS

Why? Because cash cards...

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:00 AM

Right, because all other games that could be considered action shooters don't sell well and don't cater to the majority. That's a ridiculous premise (not to mention you don't have any sales data to back you up).

I said it outsells other games, I said nothing about the other games aren't selling well. But Rockstar outsells them. Why? making their game more accessible to the majority, versus catering to the minority of players. So your argument you made up for me, is not something I said or even implied.

Also note I called it an action/shooter as I realize the game isn't just a shooter.  It's like arguing You could argue its an action sandbox if you want (side note: arguing about a game's genre using a mini-game as an example is absurd; core gameplay features define the game's genre). COD isn't a close match but you were the only one to mention COD. If you want to compare similar games better examples are Sleeping Dogs, Saints Row, Crackdown, and Red Faction: Guerrilla. Does GTA outsell those? Yes. Is it because the other games cater to niches? No, it's because GTA is the most polished (as it should be because it was first).

As far as action rpg, considering series like Diabo and Torchlight are the prime examples of action rpgs, going have to call that classification off base.

Whether you feel the classification is off base is moot...It isn't strictly a shooter...and the games that come close to being what GTA as I said their sale numbers pale in comparison because of Rockstar catering to the casual player.

Already noted it wasn't strictly a shooter in my prior post. Your statement that GTA sells better because it's catering the casual is nothing more than a baseless claim.

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:14 AM Edited by Miss Malevolent, 12 June 2014 - 04:26 AM.

Already noted it wasn't strictly a shooter in my prior post. Your statement that GTA sells better because it's catering the casual is nothing more than a baseless claim.

In your opinion. But their sale numbers tell the story, whether you believe it or not. More to the point, you and others have listed other "GTA like" games, that supposedly are catering to the "hardcore" gamer set. You rationalize it as "Rockstar does it better than they do" all the while ignoring the contradiction in your argument, as you and others are complaining about Rockstar having a different aiming system than, "99%" of the games.

I agree, Rockstar is doing a better job, of capturing the casual gamer's dollars.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:24 AM

In your opinion. But their sale numbers tell the story, whether you believe it or not. More to the point, you and others have listed other "GTA like" games, that supposedly are catering to the "hardcore" gamer set which do not even come close to selling what Rockstar does, and you rationalize it as "Rockstar does it better than they do" all the while ignoring the contradiction in your argument, as you and others are complaining about Rockstar having a different aiming system than, "99%" of the games.

I agree, Rockstar is doing a better job, of capturing the casual gamer's dollars.

Its pointless arguing with these simpletons.  They dont even understand how auto aim works, and despite the fact that no hardcore gamer plays consoles anyway, GTA is nowhere near a game that appeals to hardcore gamers, lol!  its the epitome of a casual game.  Its an open world sandbox with many features such as driving and combat, all of which are flawed.

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

Meep.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:26 AM

Here's something that aiming in GTA V fails at, and this problem still exists to this day:
original.gif

Notice the crosshair's position before and after aiming. For some reason, the game makes you aim off target at the initial press of LT/L2. Outside of the shooting range, the shift isn't as dramatic, but it's there.

Its predecessor, Max Payne 3, from what I heard, did a much better job with free-aim. I've watched gameplay and it looks like your actions have more of that instant snap rather than the truck-heavy animations our characters have in GTA V.

original.gif

If any of you have played MP3, how do you feel about GTA's aiming system??

• TheIllaDopest and Riznind like this

iCry247
  • iCry247

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:28 AM

Some get mad at auto-aim cause they get shotgunned when their gonna crash a player  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

maybeanotherone
  • maybeanotherone

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:49 AM

Here's something that aiming in GTA V fails at, and this problem still exists to this day:
original.gif

Notice the crosshair's position before and after aiming. For some reason, the game makes you aim off target at the initial press of LT/L2. Outside of the shooting range, the shift isn't as dramatic, but it's there.

Its predecessor, Max Payne 3, from what I heard, did a much better job with free-aim. I've watched gameplay and it looks like your actions have more of that instant snap rather than the truck-heavy animations our characters have in GTA V.

original.gif

compared to MP3 it's crippled.

i played MP3 in hardcore/oldschool more without any kind of aim assist, including multiplayer.

at the time i considered i'd play GTAV in free aim.

as soon as i picked up and actually played it, i realized free aim is not worth it. it's a hassle

a tps needs a switch shoulder aim and reliable crosshairs.

MP3 and even RDR have great free aim

GTA's free aim is bad.

plus i'm not even on about PVP, the AI on enemies is retarded and overpowered.

Police and NPCs are deadlier than most players, i'm not going to play with a disadvantage against the CPU.

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:52 AM

Skill and GTA doesn't go together, so what is with this people who don't use auto aim are professional gun shooters

B3astGTS
  • B3astGTS

Why? Because cash cards...

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:53 AM

In your opinion. But their sale numbers tell the story, whether you believe it or not. More to the point, you and others have listed other "GTA like" games, that supposedly are catering to the "hardcore" gamer set. You rationalize it as "Rockstar does it better than they do" all the while ignoring the contradiction in your argument, as you and others are complaining about Rockstar having a different aiming system than, "99%" of the games.

Repeating your claim does not make it any less baseless. I could say "Rockstar games sell better because of their amazing sound design. The sales numbers tell the story."  It's nothing more than jumping to a conclusion about the sales numbers.

As for your other claim, the only place a contradiction exists is in your mind. In a world where all you do in GTA is aim, yes there would be a contradiction. However, how about we frame things as they are in the real world where the reality is that auto aim is but one of many aspects that make up GTA. Allow me to blow your mind for a moment with the "wild" suggestion that one or more of the game's other aspects could be responsible for it being better than the competition, or that the overall experience when all of the game's aspects are taken into account could negate any negative impact that auto-aim has.

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:57 AM Edited by Miss Malevolent, 12 June 2014 - 06:02 AM.

Repeating your claim does not make it any less baseless. I could say "Rockstar games sell better because of their amazing sound design. The sales numbers tell the story."  It's nothing more than jumping to a conclusion about the sales numbers.

As for your other claim, the only place a contradiction exists is in your mind. In a world where all you do in GTA is aim, yes there would be a contradiction. However, how about we frame things as they are in the real world where the reality is that auto aim is but one of many aspects that make up GTA. Allow me to blow your mind for a moment with the "wild" suggestion that one or more of the game's other aspects could be responsible for it being better than the competition, or that the overall experience when all of the game's aspects are taken into account could negate any negative impact that auto-aim has.

I could say the same of your claim (baseless) that Rockstar's aiming system being subpar to other games in the same genre. Your opinion does not equal fact.

I will agree that there are many other aspects that draw legions to Rockstar games, including their aiming system.

FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

Pew Pew Pew - - -

• Members

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:08 AM Edited by FR_Player-One, 12 June 2014 - 06:10 AM.

Free Aim Master Race :cool:

just admit it already ;) lmfao

mysteriousamg
  • mysteriousamg

SurvialistSociety Crew Leader & Savage11's Crew Leader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:41 AM Edited by mysteriousamg, 12 June 2014 - 07:49 AM.

No because of the range of the weapons. I will say though that auto aim players have more free aim kills than they think. I just checked my stats before i got off earlier and out of 14,316 player vs player kills, i have 10,244 free aim kills and im an auto aim player. Auto aim becomes free aim once your opponent it out of your target range even if its in the middle of a gunfight. Also i must add if any "freeaim" players could battle me while i use auto aim, i will dominate 5 or more at a time by switching between targets while firing. A tactic that is needed in gta freeroam lobbies. Gunfights become too crowded for freeaim.

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:11 AM

No because of the range of the weapons. I will say though that auto aim players have more free aim kills than they think. I just checked my stats before i got off earlier and out of 14,316 player vs player kills, i have 10,244 free aim kills and im an auto aim player. Auto aim becomes free aim once your opponent it out of your target range even if its in the middle of a gunfight. Also i must add if any "freeaim" players could battle me while i use auto aim, i will dominate 5 or more at a time by switching between targets while firing. A tactic that is needed in gta freeroam lobbies. Gunfights become too crowded for freeaim.

You can STILL shoot free aim with auto aim on.

lol I've said this too.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:27 AM

Only thing that still looks attractive from the existence of AA is keeping the muppets away from the lobbies I step into.

FA lobbies aren't that busy, normally 6-10 players, but you have to ask yourself if you would prefer it full with kids and troll wannabes. People say it's hard to get things going in FA, but I for one prefer racing 5 guys with a decent chance of being decent racers than 14 useless rammers. Or cooping with 2 normal players instead of 5 muppets.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:59 AM

Only thing that still looks attractive from the existence of AA is keeping the muppets away from the lobbies I step into.

FA lobbies aren't that busy, normally 6-10 players, but you have to ask yourself if you would prefer it full with kids and troll wannabes. People say it's hard to get things going in FA, but I for one prefer racing 5 guys with a decent chance of being decent racers than 14 useless rammers. Or cooping with 2 normal players instead of 5 muppets.

To be honest there aren't really any more than that in auto aim lobbies either, not for very long anyway, lol! The ps3 is so slow and outdated and this game needs more processor and ram power that full lobbies get split in half pretty quickly if more than a few people are in the same spot for too long. One problem that the ps4/pc release should fix

Riznind
  • Riznind

Shaken, then stirred

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:58 PM

original.gif

original.gif

Mp3 aiming was indeed way more fluid. What was way better is that the aim dot is constantly visible.  In GTAV there are 3 camera stances, so you can get the aim (L2) more horizontal, but it's flawed so bad! In free aim you don't use L2 much anyway. My biggest complain is the wonky camera. It tries constantly to center and you have to compensate it every time with your stick movement.

Players who are going to free aim on pc are facing the same problems as we are now. Loads of pc players will still play auto aim with a controller on the couch, because it's "not a hardcore shooter"

Gregers08
  • Gregers08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:30 PM Edited by Gregers08, 12 June 2014 - 03:10 PM.

The frustrating part is Rockstar doesn't do enough to even the amount of players in autoaim and free aim, if both sides had a healthy amount of players these kind of threads would be allot less frequent. It's easy for some of you to say suck it up and join auto aim since that is already your preference but honestly would you be as happy to make a switch if the majority of players migrated to free aim tomorrow and finding games in auto aim became a chore?

As it is now you start the game with auto aim and your settings are taken into GTAO with no way of changing them unless you go back to single player, just think of how many people there are possibly not even knowing that you can switch your aiming preferences online. Something simple like a message while GTAO is loading like Want more of a challenge? earn more cash and xp by trying free aim which can be accessed by changing aim preferences in single player.

Something like that would be a good start just to inform people that there is another option.

• Danz. and RoyalRedXIII like this

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:12 PM

The frustrating part is Rockstar doesn't do enough to even the amount of players in autoaim and free aim, if both sides had a healthy amount of players these kind of threads would be allot less frequent. It's easy for some of you to say suck it up and join auto aim as that is already your preference but honestly would you be as happy to make a switch if the majority of players migrated to free aim tomorrow and finding games in auto aim became a chore.

As it is now you start the game with auto aim and your settings are taken into GTAO with no way of changing them unless you go back to single player, just think of how many people there are possibly not even knowing that you can switch your aiming preferences online. Something simple like a message while GTAO is loading like Want more of a challenge? earn more cash and xp by trying free aim which can be accessed by changing aim preferences in single player.

Something like that would be a good start just to inform people that there is another option.

I like the argument you presented there and sounds very reasonable! Lol

It's too bad that most free aimers themselves don't take that approach. They'd rather be like "auto aim is for no skilled pussies and 12 year olds!" Instead of sayin hey guys, it'd be nice to have some more free aim players, so give it a try! It's not that bad."

Smh it's funny really because I've been to free aim sessions before, and from what I understand, most people end up there by accident after receiving an invite, and then NEVER GO BACK. It was fun for me, but I stil prefer auto aim. However, no one wants to hear being called a loser noob by some douchebag on a forum. That's not how you win people over.
  • Danz. likes this

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Not The Nicest Guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:53 PM

Auto Aim is the root of all evils right along with Genetically Modified foods, Satanists, STD's and jealous ex girlfriends.

• Danz. likes this

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:55 PM

Lol

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:56 PM

To bad genetically modified foods are good and have been feeding the world for over 100 years, lol

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:59 PM

Lol

That pretty much sums up this thread.
  • sultangris likes this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:58 PM

clearly you tardmos are not getting it and clearly youve never played auto aim against real people so its pointless to continue this conversation when you dont have a clue what youre talking about.  If you did you would realize that you arent gonna get any kills if you just lock and fire, you will end up constantly dead with no kills and high deaths if you try that method, lol!  Id love to see you monkey brains play auto aim using that method and record it and put it up on youtube, it would make for a good laugh watching you get constantly owned.  I wish you the best of luck, and i hope you dont get pwned too hard in autoaim and hurt your precious elitist free aimer feelings.  Have a good day.

Dude... Seriously.. Whats your damage?.   :D

The main reason i hate AA and prefer FA is not about skill. Its not about being elite.  Its about one simple mechanic and that is, when i move you MISS. Thats it.. Nothing more then that.  If i choose to run across the street you better pull off a good shot or nail a bunch of body shots or MISS..  The fact that any monkey can just tap LT and get a lock and easy kill is what makes AA a joke.    

The real question is why to AA take it so seriously. Ya.. its bitch aim. Deal with it..  When i play bitch aim i know full well that any lock on kill i get is just a bitch kill.  Its nothing personal...  It is what it is.

Its pointless arguing with these simpletons.  They dont even understand how auto aim works, and despite the fact that no hardcore gamer plays consoles anyway, GTA is nowhere near a game that appeals to hardcore gamers, lol!  its the epitome of a casual game.  Its an open world sandbox with many features such as driving and combat, all of which are flawed.

Us simpletons don't know how AA works?  Dafuk are you smoking?  Hey, i know exactly how it works...  as in it makes shooting real f*ckin easy.  Derp.

Also.. no hardcore gamers play on consoles eh?     lmfao..

• FasterThanYou and paulmgrath like this

Andrewine
  • Andrewine

Peon

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:59 PM

but why? why cant people play auto-aim to their will? Even if your suggestion was in next-gen, there will be some people whining due to it only being on free aim.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:01 PM

This is a visual representation of the AA/FA argument and all that take part in it...

01.jpg

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:03 PM

clearly you tardmos are not getting it and clearly youve never played auto aim against real people so its pointless to continue this conversation when you dont have a clue what youre talking about.  If you did you would realize that you arent gonna get any kills if you just lock and fire, you will end up constantly dead with no kills and high deaths if you try that method, lol!  Id love to see you monkey brains play auto aim using that method and record it and put it up on youtube, it would make for a good laugh watching you get constantly owned.  I wish you the best of luck, and i hope you dont get pwned too hard in autoaim and hurt your precious elitist free aimer feelings.  Have a good day.

The fact that any monkey can just tap LT and get a lock and easy kill is what makes AA a joke.    

100% not true, if they combat roll you miss and they kill you if you fail to take cover or do so as well, not so mention if you dont aim up for the headshot and they do you lose also.  There are also some other aspects that are different from free aim.

Thats why i say you dont understand it, cause clearly you dont. 

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:06 PM

If you read my other posts in this thread, I've explained that the skill involved is reflex. Read it if you care to. If you don't consider reflex a skill... Well then there's no argument to be had in the first place lol. Not gonna bother talking to you.

Furthermore, if you still feel as tho FA makes you superior, continue to do so in your FA with the other 7 of you :D I won't stop you.

lol...   

FA does not make anyone superior nor have i ever claimed that, thats a mental issues some of you HARDCORE AA players have..  But using AA makes someone play as a handicapped.  Since that what it is, its a tool used to make shooting easy.

Basicaly AA is retard mode.  That just makes FA superior by default since manual aim is the only legit aim mode in any game.

Your so called 'skill'.  Its the same as Free Aim except for the lock on. Thats it, nothing more then that.

lmao.. f*ckin hardcore AAers..  You're all pretty funny.

I mean i spend alot of time in AA.. Hell, i've probably spend more time in AA then you have... :p

The fact that any monkey can just tap LT and get a lock and easy kill is what makes AA a joke.    

100% not true, if they combat roll you miss and they kill you if you fail to take cover or do so as well, not so mention if you dont aim up for the headshot and they do you lose also.  There are also some other aspects that are different from free aim.

Thats why i say you dont understand it, cause clearly you dont. 

You do know i play AA right?  I know that barrel rolls breaks lock on.

Hell i drive around with hookers in AA just to give AAers another target when driving.  And i use bullet proof back end cars to remove any lock ons.

I stay out of AA range to force FA combat.

Again.. FA and AA are the same except for the aim bots and learning how to avoid that bullsh*t....    Clearly you don't play any FA to understand anything.....lol

Best part of FA... No auto aim bullsh*t.  

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:18 PM

Lol at people saying FA is elite and AA is normal.

Actually, FA is normal and AA is dumb. I mean, aiming is a normal thing in a game with shooting, isn't it? Just like in a game with driving it's normal HAVING TO DRIVE opposed to the car going wherever by itself.
  • Vooodu and TheIllaDopest like this

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:26 PM

I've played it and have many free aim kills. It's only bullsh*t when you don't understand it and/or are not good at and get owned all the time, otherwise it's much more fast paced and fun compared to free aim lobbies. It's not without its disadvantages to be sure, but so it's free aim. The best part is that dipsh*ts in cars can't run you over, :p In a perfect world you'd be playing it on a PC as free aim.
  • RoyalRedXIII likes this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:37 PM Edited by Vooodu, 12 June 2014 - 06:40 PM.

I've played it and have many free aim kills. It's only bullsh*t when you don't understand it and/or are not good at and get owned all the time, otherwise it's much more fast paced and fun compared to free aim lobbies. It's not without its disadvantages to be sure, but so it's free aim. The best part is that dipsh*ts in cars can't run you over, 

Dipsh*ts in cars running people over is not an issue in FA.  Thats a problem for people who choose not to move out of the way.  I have run people over all the time in AA, its called going off the radar or driving backward.   Nothing funnier then an AA just standing their all stupid because they can't get a lock.

AA is not faced paced. Its wack a mole with Aim bots.  IF you find pretend shoot outs fun that all the power to you.

But you seriously need to stop trying to make a point on this topic.  Unless you are trying to be funny, then by all means.. Keep going because im still laughing.

Lol at people saying FA is elite and AA is normal.

Actually, FA is normal and AA is dumb. I mean, aiming is a normal thing in a game with shooting, isn't it? Just like in a game with driving it's normal HAVING TO DRIVE opposed to the car going wherever by itself.

100% agree and thats how most gamers see it.   Lord knows thats how i see it.   Unless you're a R* AA fan boy.   

See... we are the minority here. 

The moment you make the most sense you just get called an elitist anyways.  Im soooo f*ckin glad R* is the only dumbass's game devs to use AA.

Id lose my damn mind if all game devs started catering to this bullsh*t.

• paulmgrath likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users