Quantcast

» «
Photo

Should Next Gen Gta:Online be Free aim only?

357 replies to this topic
Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

Real NIgga Verified

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:52 AM

Should free aim be the only option on ps4, X1 and Pc? I understand why people used auto aim this gen (the controllers weren't the best and shooting feels quite awkward sometimes in V) but since there's gonna be a lot of improvements and the next gen controllers actually are great to use,IMO I think GTA: Online should be free aim only. Instead of the community being split, we can all be together.

Your opinion?
  • Schweppez, TheIllaDopest, Lazyboy. and 4 others like this

AlexSniperBullet
  • AlexSniperBullet

GTAPhotographer Commissioner

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:53 AM Edited by AlexSniperBullet, 11 June 2014 - 11:40 PM.

No. Some people aren't that good at freeaim on GTA 5. if they did remove the Autoaim feature. that's only gonna piss of people who do missions/captures or deathmatches with autoaim. How would you feel if they removed freeaim? Thats pretty much how you would feel if they did. 

@CReaper210

lgxzg3V.jpg?1

• SirPhilMcKraken, theNGclan, Outplug and 18 others like this

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:55 AM

I would prefer it myself, if anything, just to keep the GTA population all together. But the fact is, even the new controllers are still pretty inaccurate and tough for some people, and there are a lot of people that wouldn't like it, so it's probably better off with the option.

One thing I would like is the ability to turn off auto aim, but still play with friends that use it. Because I do have a few friends that generally like to play with auto aim, but I hate playing missions with them because it personally makes the game less immersive and fun for me.

• Outplug, Dbns_Finest, ten-a-penny and 1 other like this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:55 AM

Terrible idea.  It doesn't have auto aim because of the controllers.  It has auto aim because it's GTA and has always had auto aim (since 3D).

• Outplug, ten-a-penny, The Real SpitKing and 10 others like this

Tacts_21
  • Tacts_21

Hustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:58 AM Edited by Tacts_21, 10 June 2014 - 10:02 AM.

No, this is a terrible idea.

I'm guessing you play using free-aim. What if Rockstar were to announce next gen GTAO could only be played using assisted-aiming... so, y'know,  we can all be together?

• SirPhilMcKraken, Outplug, RoachKiller_416 and 6 others like this

RaceKingX
  • RaceKingX

Here he comes... and there he goes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:00 AM Edited by RaceKingX, 10 June 2014 - 10:00 AM.

Don't be an elitist. Let there be choices. Why anyone would want choices removed is beyond me. It reeks of elitism.

• SirPhilMcKraken, Outplug, ten-a-penny and 16 others like this

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

Real NIgga Verified

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:02 AM Edited by Lil Jacob 27, 10 June 2014 - 10:03 AM.

Don't be an elitist. Let there be choices. Why anyone would want choices removed is beyond me. It reeks of elitism.

Free aim is standard in most third person shooters so I don't think of free aim as 'Elite'.

Okay what if free aim was set as default but you could still choose auto aim if you wanted?

RaceKingX
  • RaceKingX

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:03 AM

Free aim is standard in most third person shooter so I don't think of free aim as 'Elite'.

I don't either... until you suggest removing auto-aim for no real reason.

• SirPhilMcKraken, Outplug, Timely and 4 others like this

Mr Walker
  • Mr Walker

No. I don't like you.

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:04 AM

Terrible idea.  Game controllers are rubbish at aiming weapons.

• saintsrow and Outplug like this

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:06 AM

Should free aim be the only option on ps4, X1 and Pc? I understand why people used auto aim this gen (the controllers weren't the best and shooting feels quite awkward sometimes in V) but since there's gonna be a lot of improvements and the next gen controllers actually are great to use,IMO I think GTA: Online should be free aim only. Instead of the community being split, we can all be together.
Your opinion?

f*** no.
  • Outplug likes this

ZeusMowat_278
  • ZeusMowat_278

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:06 AM

Terrible idea.
  • SirPhilMcKraken, Outplug, BitPieStudios and 3 others like this

BitPieStudios
  • BitPieStudios

Adorable Robots are Adorable.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:07 AM

Wouldn't removing a feature from a game be counter-intuitive?

Isn't the point of moving up adding, and not removing?

And why would this EVER be a thing Rockstar did?

It'd be like if Super Metroid removed missiles even though it was better that Metroid and Metroid had missiles.

It would have been a stupid move by Nintendo, just like this would be a stupid move by Rockstar.

maybeanotherone
  • maybeanotherone

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:08 AM Edited by maybeanotherone, 10 June 2014 - 10:08 AM.

what's this auto-aim everyone keeps talking about?

last time i checked it's even called GTA TRADITIONAL

meditate on that before you think it's ever going anywhere.

poor gtaf mods are gonna have one sh*tty day today.
  • ten-a-penny, VictinisRage, RaceKingX and 1 other like this

iddqdvie
  • iddqdvie

Oldschool Rebel

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:08 AM

free aim only, why not. but then tune the game towards it!

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:09 AM

Terrible idea.

No, this is a terrible idea.

Terrible idea.

Terrible idea.

Sums it up, it's a terrible idea.

I think people should be able to pick for themselves, as Furry said it's been like this for a pretty long time now. It's not broken, leave it alone.

• The7thOne likes this

RaceKingX
  • RaceKingX

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:10 AM

what's this auto-aim everyone keeps talking about?

last time i checked it's even called GTA TRADITIONAL

meditate on that before you think it's ever going anywhere.

poor gtaf mods are gonna have one sh*tty day today.

Euuugh... they certainly have my pity today, that's for sure.

• BitPieStudios likes this

MistGoose
  • MistGoose

Consigliere

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:15 AM

No, they shouldn't. Although I might end up playing free aim only on PC.

• Outplug likes this

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:16 AM

Free aim is standard in most third person shooters so I don't think of free aim as 'Elite'.
Okay what if free aim was set as default but you could still choose auto aim if you wanted?

I believe it's fine the way it is. Players using free aim and auto-aim are alredy separated into sessions, so honestly it see no reason to make anything of it. Someone using auto-aim isn't stoping anyone from using free aim, and vice versa.

Personally, I feel as tho it has nothing to do with the controller. I play with auto aim, but the luxury there is that you can STILL shoot free aim even with auto aim on. I do so myself. Free aim has it's advantages.

The reason I dislike free aim only cause it is not intuitive whatsoever. If you were to aim a gun in real life, you wouldn't point it in the direction you were alredy facing and THEN aim at your target, right? Of course not. You would set your sights directly on your target. The only thing I suggest is possibly renaming assisted aiming to auto aim (because it currently locks on to your target and follows them) and then creating an assisted aim which only sets your reticule on your target, but does not lock on your aim.
  • Dbns_Finest, ten-a-penny and PoisoNinja140_48 like this

RaceKingX
  • RaceKingX

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:20 AM

I believe it's fine the way it is. Players using free aim and auto-aim are alredy separated into sessions, so honestly it see no reason to make anything of it. Someone using auto-aim isn't stoping anyone from using free aim, and vice versa.

Personally, I feel as tho it has nothing to do with the controller. I play with auto aim, but the luxury there is that you can STILL shoot free aim even with auto aim on. I do so myself. Free aim has it's advantages.

The reason I dislike free aim only cause it is not intuitive whatsoever. If you were to aim a gun in real life, you wouldn't point it in the direction you were alredy facing and THEN aim at your target, right? Of course not. You would set your sights directly on your target. The only thing I suggest is possibly renaming assisted aiming to auto aim (because it currently locks on to your target and follows them) and then creating an assisted aim which only sets your reticule on your target, but does not lock on your aim.

That's kind of how I use traditional auto-aiming, to center on my target quickly. After that, I'm moving the sticks trying to find the head (or arm or leg if they're behind cover).

• lazyassedlover likes this

BOSS 302
  • BOSS 302

Public Enemy

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:22 AM

f*ck no

PrinceXSwaggah
  • PrinceXSwaggah

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:23 AM

cFoHq1o.gif

• Outplug, Ermac., ten-a-penny and 3 others like this

FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

Pew Pew Pew - - -

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:24 AM Edited by FR_Player-One, 10 June 2014 - 10:25 AM.

Terrible idea.  It doesn't have auto aim because of the controllers.  It has auto aim because it's GTA and has always had auto aim (since 3D).

The worst phrase in history is "We've always done it in this way".

• Outplug likes this

RaceKingX
  • RaceKingX

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:26 AM

The worst phrase in history is "We've always done in this way".

Uhm... strongly disagree. I'd probably vote something like "Yes. ALL of the Jews into the showers." or something would be the worst phrase in history.

Hyperbole aside, there's a reason for tradition, while also having a reason for advancement. It's hard to find a balance, but neither should be completely discounted.

The heist man
  • The heist man

heists should be my name

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:28 AM

most games use assisted aim not free aim or auto aim. but still but GTA is not like other games, its more fun and enjoyable.
  • Outplug likes this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:28 AM

The worst phrase in history is "We've always done it in this way".

a) Exaggeration at its best.

b) I never said that - this is a game that we're talking about and Rockstar are more likely to make it remain familiar.

maybeanotherone
  • maybeanotherone

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:29 AM Edited by maybeanotherone, 10 June 2014 - 10:29 AM.

^^ that's what soft-lock does, you know the in-between option.

although i feel it's useless as anyone on soft lock will still be in traditional aim lobbies therefore at a disadvantage to everyone else.

auto-aim is whats actually more thriling and challenging, less reflexes but more brain, more people, sure it's easy to kill but that goes for everyone, it's also easy to die.

i only go to free aim when i want to test the law of averages and my connection speed.
  • saintsrow likes this

FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

Pew Pew Pew - - -

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:30 AM

The worst phrase in history is "We've always done in this way".

Uhm... strongly disagree. I'd probably vote something like "Yes. ALL of the Jews into the showers." or something would be the worst phrase in history.

Hyperbole aside, there's a reason for tradition, while also having a reason for advancement. It's hard to find a balance, but neither should be completely discounted.

Not because it's always been done a certain way means it's right.

Stopping to this argument, in this case that GTA always had an auto-aim, makes no progress whatsoever on the subject and it is absolutely NOT a valid reason to refuse change.

Consoles changes, games changes, controls changes. Aim can change.

RaceKingX
  • RaceKingX

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:30 AM

Well, it seems this is pretty unanimous. Thread over? Thread over. Who wants to go to Waffle House for some waffles and hashbrowns? I'm buying.

• saintsrow, Outplug, Timely and 1 other like this

frankenstein107
  • frankenstein107

I bless the rains down in Africa.

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:32 AM

People.. please.. the game doesn't have to hold your hands. 

I know it's GTA and auto aim has been a tradition for GTA, but it's 2014 for crying out loud, GTA has to move on and become a damn normal 3rd person shooter. 

• Scooby803, TheIllaDopest, Dbns_Finest and 2 others like this

lew3112
  • lew3112

QOTD PS3

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:32 AM

GTA has been auto-aim since GTA3, why are some people so against it now? Is it because you hate losing a couple of virtual dollars every time you get auto-aim killed?

• ten-a-penny and JayWeazel like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users