Photo

GTA 6 progress

23 replies to this topic
BreakdownFace
  • BreakdownFace

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:17 AM Edited by BreakdownFace, 10 June 2014 - 09:18 AM.

Now that Rockstar is working on next gen systems, it makes me wonder how far they are into the GTA6 process. I assume right now they've already chosen the city and are doing extensive research, scouting out locations, doing "Google street view" style photography/videography and drawing up sketches and stuff, even if they won't actually start making the game itself for another year. What are your thoughts? I'm doing this as if the game is coming out in 2018, I assume they'd start location research now at least.

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

Forum Leader

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Nations
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:18 AM

Moved to GTA Series Chat

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

Night Light OutlawS MC President

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:35 AM

My guess: GTA VI won't be here for a long time,

We will see major map DLC/add ons with singleplayer stories for a good price. Especially now GTA V has gone Next Gen and PC.

Maybe GTA V is the last one and we will see updates and packages as "new" games. You never know.

• theGTAking101 likes this

meck01
  • meck01

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:58 AM Edited by meck01, 10 June 2014 - 09:59 AM.

After gta v ng comes out, could they focus on rdr 2/remake?

We might get some games on the same engine (gta vc/sa remakes?) but gta VI may not be with us until 2020 (there was 7 years between III and IV).

I wonder if they will make a gta collections - hd remakes of gta III, vc and sa - I would buy that in a heart beat.

Looking back - I can't believe it's been 17 years since I first played GTA - that makes me feel old as I was in high school at the time.

• Blood-Is-in-Diamond likes this

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:18 AM

After gta v ng comes out, could they focus on rdr 2/remake?

We might get some games on the same engine (gta vc/sa remakes?) but gta VI may not be with us until 2020 (there was 7 years between III and IV).

I wonder if they will make a gta collections - hd remakes of gta III, vc and sa - I would buy that in a heart beat.

Looking back - I can't believe it's been 17 years since I first played GTA - that makes me feel old as I was in high school at the time.

A different team worked on RDR compared to GTA, so they could have RDR and next GTA already in production.

Also, why use III - IV years? Both VC and SA are legit games, not some DLC, they do seem to have a bigger span between GTAs now, which is some 4-5 years, but that is understandable considering that HD era GTAs need much more work to make than 3D era GTAs where they were able to produce VC in a year or SA in about 2.

Hitman5
  • Hitman5

Sick Again

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:27 AM Edited by Hitman5, 10 June 2014 - 10:59 AM.

Maybe VI won't take as long as IV to V since the engine is hugely upgraded since then already. I'm sure for the next game the engine will be more similar to V than V is to IV especially now that V is on PS4 & XB1 but basically just some new features & details plus obviously higher graphic settings for PS4/XB1. Obviously it takes a lot of time to create a new a game i.e. modelling/textures, scripting, voice acting etc.... but I wouldn't be surprised if they have already chosen the location and are maybe just working on the story/concept. I think it wil still probably be another year before they begin to work on it and maybe longer until full development.

V on XB1/PS4/PC will be a big stepping stone for the next GTA on this gen which they didn't have before because IV was basically the first game on the RAGE engine besides Table Tennis lol. I'm sure they also spent a hell of a lot of time in V optimising for each console to make sure it runs as well as it does. This would have been a huge amount of effort to get a perfect balance between steady FPS, graphics and detail/features.

Biggest hopes for the next game:

-One playable character

-Better story than V

-Maybe 2-3 cities again

Though I guess it depends on how long R* wants to wait inbetween games. I'm sure if they really wanted to they could release another GTA game in 2016 3D era style with just some minor-ish graphical and gameplay updates with a new story & setting. Personally I think the next game won't be out before mid-late 2017 which is about 4 years since the initial release of V which is a fair cycle. I think 5 years is too long and 3 years maybe a tad too short otherwise it might lessen the hype and increase 'saturation' of GTA. I'm sure R* doesn't want to burn out GTA and wants to keep it sustainable.

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:04 AM Edited by ivarblaauw, 10 June 2014 - 11:04 AM.

I am still convinced that we won't see a GTA VI in the near future. 
I think something like this:
GTA V: San Fierro
GTA V: Las Venturas 

and so on. 
would make a lot more sense too.

• theGTAking101 and Jeansowaty like this

Hitman5
  • Hitman5

Sick Again

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:23 AM

Sure, I was just referring to VI as whatever the next GTA game may be. I was kind of referring to that kind of the thing with the 2016 comment in my post above.

• ivarblaauw likes this

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:33 AM

Sure, I was just referring to VI as whatever the next GTA game may be. I was kind of referring to that kind of the thing with the 2016 comment in my post above.

Well okay :) that was just not clear, 
Is now tho :)

Okay: I have done some research (well, over 20 hours put in it) and I found out that we will probably see Northern San Andreas as next major DLC. 
First of all, the state of San Andreas is finished then. (if Las Venturas is in another state, which could easily be the case).
Second: If you fly out of the map anywhere, you can fly for 2 minutes (with the buzzard). In the north you get destroyed after 30 seconds.
Third; you can see a part of Northern San Andreas on a post card made by Rockstar Games. The shore, hills and a couple of mountains in the distance. Also the two lands are probably almost connected (if I see the picture correctly). 
25k1k0m.jpg

this is my rendition of how they will probably be connected.
I took this in mind:
PaletoPostcard-GTAV.jpg

also, San Fierro is mentioned multiple times in V and IV. Also it is the only confirmed city which is in the state of San Andreas. 

• theGTAking101 likes this

Hitman5
  • Hitman5

Sick Again

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:38 AM

That's kind of strange to me though, how would they explain a whole new island/city appearing just north of what's there? Maybe for GTA: Online I guess it could make sense especially for PS4/XB1 & PC but who knows if 360/PS3 can handle that.

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:43 AM

That's kind of strange to me though, how would they explain a whole new island/city appearing just north of what's there? Maybe for GTA: Online I guess it could make sense especially for PS4/XB1 & PC but who knows if 360/PS3 can handle that.

They can handle it, but limited, but for Next gen this is highly possible. And they don't have to explain anything. According to the lore it is already there. hell, the map isn't even an island. xD

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:46 AM

I'm pretty sure the R* are already working on GTA VI. That's not to say that they have the storyline written or protags or map etc figured out, but they will be throwing ideas around and will have researched various aspects to see what they can do in GTA VI.

I fully expect to see the first trailer being released around 2016 some time.

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Notorious fan of underground electronic music and Molly Schultz

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:37 PM Edited by Jeansowaty, 10 June 2014 - 03:37 PM.

Can someone stop posting stuff about GTA6? It gets so f*cking annoying. GTA5 was release a year ago and people think that R* is just developing another game. Meh.

Hitman5
  • Hitman5

Sick Again

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:53 PM

Can someone stop posting stuff about GTA6? It gets so f*cking annoying. GTA5 was release a year ago and people think that R* is just developing another game. Meh.

That's usually what game developers do. Usually.

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:56 PM

Maybe they are making a new GTA. But why GTA6? Why not something else?

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

Player hater or hater player, or what?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:00 PM

I dont like these types of threads: I think we all loved the mystery about the next ''GTA V game'' back in 08', and how it would be. I am sure alot of these ''GTA VI'' threads are gunna come and people talking about how the next gta will be, this that bla bla. 

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:00 PM

Production of V began on 2009, quit acting like a no-it-all. Please?

Okay: I have done some research (well, over 20 hours put in it) and I found out that we will probably see Northern San Andreas as next major DLC. 

I like that theory.

• theGTAking101 and Smaher. like this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:04 PM

Production of V began on 2009, quit acting like a no-it-all. Please?

I like that theory.

Listen, after GTA4 it's DLC's and GTA ChinaTown Wars appeared. So it shouldn't be like that.

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:00 PM

Did you not pay attention when I said that they were making GTA V since April of 2009? It doesn't matter what else they have in store, GTA 6 could already be in development.

• Smaher. likes this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired Gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:06 AM Edited by Zello, 11 June 2014 - 02:09 AM.

R* brought V to next gen so they could get their hands dirty with the new tech and get familiar with it breaking the new tech in so when the time comes to release the next GTA game it will blow our minds. Kinda like what they did with Table tennis their first title on 360 getting to know the new technology getting nice and cozy with it and released IV two years later.

Hitman5
  • Hitman5

Sick Again

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:26 AM

R* brought V to next gen so they could get their hands dirty with the new tech and get familiar with it breaking the new tech in so when the time comes to release the next GTA game it will blow our minds. Kinda like what they did with Table tennis their first title on 360 getting to know the new technology getting nice and cozy with it and released IV two years later.

This is a much bigger stepping stone though, since Table Tennis doesn't even compare to the sheer scale of a GTA game.

Eminence E.
  • Eminence E.

Straight Edge

• Members
  • India

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:28 AM

Why are we talking about GTA VI when we actually know nothing about it. It is just like aiming a target in the dark.

• Jeansowaty likes this

Luddite
  • Luddite

Ho Rider

• Members

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:33 PM

Seems there is only to be one GTA exclusive to each generation now. GTA 6 will be released 3 months before the launch of the PS5.

Bluewave984
  • Bluewave984

Finest

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:24 AM

I have no doubt they have a city and plot picked out already. If I had to estimate a relase date I would go with Fall 2017 (20 years after original GTA). Figuring Rockstar goes with their one game a year approach I believe we will see Agent in 2015, RDR2 in 2016, and a 2017 GTA 6 release.

My GTA 6 Predictions (This is Just MY Predictions)
Setting: Present day Liberty City, Boston, Philadelphia, Alderney. I can see R* taking the San Andreas approach for GTA 6 with three major cities. I believe we are returning to Liberty City for a few reasons. The first being that this is where GTA 1 ook place and if it releases in 2017 that will be 20 years after the first. Second I believe Liberty City in general didn't reach full potential. This time around R* can add a upstate NY area with mountains and Lakes, Long Island's beaches and the Hamptons, plus we can add new cities like Boston and Philadelphia wich are respectivley only 3 and 2 hours away from real NYC. Third reason behind this is the interview with Dj Whoo kid where he said he will be in the upcoming GTA game whic returns to Liberty City. (This also could be GTA 5 DLC). A few months back Bostons Police Chief also tweeted that he was meting with the fine folks at R* to discuss a upcoming game in which a few minutes later he removed the tweet. Could be proof we will see Boston in the next GTA or it could be a Boston Noire. I would also like to throw in that Carcer City may be Philadelphia and Philly is close to Liberty City which is mentioned in the series.

Plot: I am going to go on and say that R* is going to focus on two protagonists this time around. Having three protagonists in GTA 5 felt like too much IMO. I think the first is going to be a Irish Mobster given that real day NYC, Boston, and Philadelphia have a strong Irish influence (there are others to) within the three cities. I think our second protagonist will possibly be a FIB agent. I have no explanation for this other than I think it would be cool to see the other side of thing, but hey thats justt me.

Features: One feature I think will be included in single player this time around will be the ability to customize apartments and houses. I also think we will see the return of girlfirends and bowling as they were two popular activities in GTA 4 as well as Golf which was very popular in GTA 5. I also don't see a reason why R* can't add more interiors to buildings in GTA 6. Having the LC and Boston area should also allow for new activities such as fishing and a running marathon (not the GTA 5 Triatholon).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users