Quantcast

» «
Photo

Doesn't this mean R* lied to it's consumers? (Next gen)

122 replies to this topic
maybeanotherone
  • maybeanotherone

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:53 AM Edited by maybeanotherone, 10 June 2014 - 08:53 AM.

i pre ordered the game
i paid
i played
i have $200mil in online
i'm not a hacker/modder
i bought $0 in cash cards

GTAV was money well spent.

anybody disagreeing with that needs to tell me the last game you paid full price and delivered so much, it's not like some of you f*ckers here don't also buy COD/BF and FIFA/Madden every damn year.
  • Feurian42 and RaceKingX like this

Drennan57
  • Drennan57

Prankster

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:20 AM

Yes i am butthurt. 

I was happy that the PS3 (my system) had that one game that people would continue to play insuring it wouldn't completely die, since i don't care about next-gen it kinda ruins that completely. 

There isn't a reason for people to stick around anymore. 

btw it has nothing to do with money or anything, i'm 24, have a baby girl so i highly doubt i will make it through another console cycle anyways i'm gonna be too old for this sh*t soon lol

• ocd likes this

RaceKingX
  • RaceKingX

Here he comes... and there he goes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:22 AM

Yes i am butthurt. 

I was happy that the PS3 (my system) had that one game that people would continue to play insuring it wouldn't completely die, since i don't care about next-gen it kinda ruins that completely. 

btw it has nothing to do with money or anything, i'm 24, have a baby girl so i highly doubt i will make it through another console cycle anyways i'm gonna be too old for this sh*t soon lol

I'm 33 and have a 2 year old with another on the way. Just stick a controller in their hands, add them to your crew, and viola! A lifelong bonding hobby. :)

• hywelkidd and Grimase like this

Serdzy
  • Serdzy

Snitch

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:23 AM

Doesn't this mean R* lied to it's consumers? (Next gen)

No, it doesn't. Next moan topic please.

Drennan57
  • Drennan57

Prankster

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:26 AM

Yes i am butthurt. 

I'm 33 and have a 2 year old with another on the way. Just stick a controller in their hands, add them to your crew, and viola! A lifelong bonding hobby. :)

LMAO, not my idea of a role model.

Not men't to be an insult whatsoever btw, Just don't want to be the guy who can't drive his kid to school because he had an epic gaming binge the night before haha. 

D3ViOU5
  • D3ViOU5

Trick

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:29 AM

Not men't to be an insult whatsoever btw, Just don't want to be the guy who can't drive his kid to school because he had an epic gaming binge the night before haha.

Playing video games isn't like drinking alcohol, you can still drive the next day.
  • Shootinalloveryourface likes this

RaceKingX
  • RaceKingX

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:30 AM

Yes i am butthurt. 

Oh, no worries. I was half joking anyway. I do let my kid play, but only because he LOVES cars, and I put him in a free roam, invite only, and let him go nuts.

And once you're old and "responsible" like me, you learn how to budget your gaming time with expert precision. ;)

Rocket Skates
  • Rocket Skates

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:31 AM Edited by CosmoKramer0, 10 June 2014 - 09:33 AM.

It is a bit greedy on their part. They know they are going to make a ton of money again, and people will buy the game again. I would have preferred the game to have been pushed back and only released on these next-gen consoles & PC instead. A game as large and detailed as GTA V is would have made it so much more worthwhile. But like I said, greed.

• uptownrockstar likes this

D3ViOU5
  • D3ViOU5

Trick

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:33 AM

Oh, no worries. I was half joking anyway. I do let my kid play, but only because he LOVES cars, and I put him in a free roam, invite only, and let him go nuts.

And once you're old and "responsible" like me, you learn how to budget your gaming time with expert precision. ;)

lol, i have a hard time picturing a two year old playing this game, does his fingers even reach the buttons?

RaceKingX
  • RaceKingX

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:34 AM

It is a bit greedy on their part. They know they are going to make a ton of money again, and people will buy the game again. I would have preferred the game to have been pushed back and only released on these next-gen consoles & PC instead. A game as large and detailed as GTA V is would have made it so much more worthwhile. But like I said, greed.

I just don't get it. Madden, CoD, etc that all put out a game every single year are far worse. With GTA, it's more like a car that doesn't get a model every year, because they spend so much time on it, making it great. It's not a Ford truck that gets a "new" version every time you turn around or anything.

• xoC18H21NO3xo likes this

Drennan57
  • Drennan57

Prankster

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:35 AM Edited by Drennan57, 10 June 2014 - 09:37 AM.

Playing video games isn't like drinking alcohol, you can still drive the next day.

It wasn't men't literally, just in general i don't want playing video games to be something my kid/s see me spending alot of time doing. 

Again not men't as an insult to anyone. 

btw i know it's spelled "meant" i just think it looks ridiculous  :lol:

RaceKingX
  • RaceKingX

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:37 AM Edited by RaceKingX, 10 June 2014 - 09:38 AM.

lol, i have a hard time picturing a two year old playing this game, does his fingers even reach the buttons?

Kinda sorta. If he sits on the floor, he can work the left thumbstick with one hand, while pulling on the trigger for the gas with the other. But every once in a while, I catch him trying to hold it properly, and no, it's not quite viable yet, but it's adorable.

swooshboy
  • swooshboy

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:48 AM Edited by swooshboy, 10 June 2014 - 09:50 AM.

I let my son play too (he's 9). Instead of the above method, I created a custom deathmatch (with no weapons). I put loads of expensive cars on the runway at sandy shores (as well as a couple of big jumps), planes, helicopters etc. Then, when he wants to play, I 'test' it via the menu. This means he can drive around (all over the map), there is traffic, but no pedestrians (so he can't accidentally run them over!) and no police, and no weapons. He just likes driving around in different cars, flying different planes, trying different vehicles on the jumps, doing flips on bikes. Also, because it's the test mode, if you go to the map screen, you can teleport anywhere on the map instantly.  :)

I also always sit with him when he plays it.

• Ravey Davey likes this

A Northern German
  • A Northern German

ß

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:57 AM

64,99 Euro for the game
+ 48,93 Euro for Xbox Live Gold
+ about 24 Euro for batteries
= 137,92 Euro for 6 (break of 2 months) months of entertainment.

Nope, can't say I'm unhappy with that.

In an alternative world with a less stingy me, I would have spend about 60 Euro (maybe + Xbox Live Gold each month) twice a month for a new game.

About 138 Euro is a good deal I think.

RaceKingX
  • RaceKingX

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:58 AM

I let my son play too (he's 9). Instead of the above method, I created a custom deathmatch (with no weapons). I put loads of expensive cars on the runway at sandy shores (as well as a couple of big jumps), planes, helicopters etc. Then, when he wants to play, I 'test' it via the menu. This means he can drive around (all over the map), there is traffic, but no pedestrians (so he can't accidentally run them over!) and no police, and no weapons. He just likes driving around in different cars, flying different planes, trying different vehicles on the jumps, doing flips on bikes. Also, because it's the test mode, if you go to the map screen, you can teleport anywhere on the map instantly.  :)

I also always sit with him when he plays it.

That's a brilliant idea! Cheers!

KrazyFace
  • KrazyFace

Peon

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:59 AM

You could have f*cked a girl, made her pregnant and had a baby between the time last gen and current gen came out.

Think of R* as a pussy, and last gen was the baby that has been cooking in it's belly and now you are taking it to pregnancy class, learning how to breathe all in preparation for the big birth. The pregnancy is also an important part of the experience, but now you get to play with your fully developed baby  ;)

^That's the most obscure metaphor for a game I've ever heard LMAO.

• ocd likes this

DAMND
  • DAMND

SPANKED-up madman

• Members
  • None
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Tribute Video
    [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Parody Film

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:08 AM

f*ck is wrong with you people

• The_Herb likes this

Cragovich
  • Cragovich

The Division.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:08 AM

Not at all.

Rockstar don't have a gun to your head forcing you to buy a next-gen copy. I'm sure they'll continue to support 360/PS3 as that is where a large majority of the install base is.

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

Aeropress

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:13 AM

I'm pretty sure that Rockstar's main agenda is keeping things secret.

Have they said any word on the Mount Chiliad mystery? No.

Have they said anything about Shark Cards? No.

Have they said anything about the wallbreaches and constant glitches? Some, but not all.

Rockstar's really good at keeping things secret. Hell, I won't be surprised if they don't say anything about GTA 5 next-gen. Keep us all surprised and we just find everything out when it's released. Now that would be cool.

ocd
  • ocd

Foot Fetishist

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:18 AM Edited by ocd, 10 June 2014 - 02:03 PM.

Are the beta-testers (current-gen) ever gonna get their hands on the Heists DLC?

PG.
  • PG.

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Mars

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:23 AM

Now they're going to delay heists even further, when the Next gen/PC version comes out, and there probably going to delay that as well.

D3ViOU5
  • D3ViOU5

Trick

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:25 AM

I'm heists will be in the next-gen version will the beta-testers gonna get them?

If you want you can post this in swedish and I will translate it to english so it makes sense.

Euphorica
  • Euphorica

Philosopher

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:28 AM

I think it's obvious that Rockstar developed this game for next gen consoles all along. This is GTA, did you really think it would be limited to PS3/XBOX?

Besides, it's impossible for me to feel cheated by or lied to because I never forget what I'm dealing with. Need I remind you that this is a company with partners and shareholders.

Sure they could have skipped the release on PS3/XBOX but why would they waste such a great opportunity? Releasing a slimmed down version on PS3/XBOX is an excellent way to get people hooked,

provide feedback and to maximize profits, taking full advantage of the opportunity. It's not very nice but it's not in their interest to be nice either. It's all about the money.

Fireman Sam
  • Fireman Sam

Los Santos Fire Department

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:31 AM

My answer, is that we all don't know for sure if Rockstar is doing that. In a different story, we be RAGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So the point is Rockstar haven't said anything about leaving the PS3 and 360 behind.

HEISTS is soon, no later than June 20th, 2014.

paulmgrath
  • paulmgrath

Dope Fiend

• BUSTED!
  • England

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:32 AM Edited by paulmgrath, 10 June 2014 - 10:32 AM.

@swooshboy my 4 year old can actually play it, it was the first time i heard his evil Bart laugh.

he always wants to change his car when he gets "red paint" on it, puting him in the creator sounds like a good idea

Bill_Assassin
  • Bill_Assassin

Street Cat

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:36 AM

Don't want your money to go to waste? Don't buy GTAV fo nextgen. Its going to be the same game save for just a few extra stuff and better graphics and there is no point in buying the same game twice. Buy some other games for the PS4 so that you'll actually get your money's worth, IMO.

RebelWithoutAPause
  • RebelWithoutAPause

überberechtigt

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:39 AM Edited by Doktor Gott, 10 June 2014 - 10:41 AM.

Oh quit your bitchin'..

you got to play the game for what, nearly a year before the next gen came out?

It also saved you having to buy into the next gen platform at the start when its most expensive.

And as far as I can tell, Rockstar never lied to you.. they just never made any statement about their intentions for the next gen.. and let's face it, given the screws up that have happened with online, do you really judge them wrong to have held off from making any commitment until they're sure it would work in the first place?/

They're NOT conspiring against you.. get a grip and get on with life...

and yes, I'll buy it.. simply because I know what difference the hardware will make..

I recently maxed out everything on GTA IV on my new PC since I knew it could handle it, and it was mindblowing.. the city was literally heaving with traffic.. it felt alive... in fact you'd have traffic jams at junctions... imagine that kind of bustle in GTA V... It'll be awesome.. make it seem even more like a real city...

D3ViOU5
  • D3ViOU5

Trick

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:41 AM

Interesting OT thought I just had; when R* ports our characters data over, do you think they will be heavily scrutinized for using exploits? Like a filter or something, they could do it currently probably, but that's so many player and now they have a great opportunity to look through players before they get ported over and remove illegitimately gained assets.

I'm not talking about money glitches, but save editor and SP cars, Pegasus glitches and such.

prestonchan
  • prestonchan

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:48 AM

1. they never said they wont release next-gen version did they?

2. you are not gun-pointed to buy your "new" current-gen console?

3. current-gen is not dead yet, I think for at least 2 years, there are still new games on both gen.

4. 9 months of fun, I think it is ok to get cheated. 

roboticsuperman
  • roboticsuperman

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:10 AM

I will only be annoyed if heists are next gen only.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users