Quantcast

» «
Photo

Doesn't this mean R* lied to it's consumers? (Next gen)

122 replies to this topic
Drennan57
  • Drennan57

Peon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:10 AM Edited by Drennan57, 10 June 2014 - 11:35 AM.

So i can see by the threads popping up that everyone is jumping for joy but i look at it a different way. 

For example, GTA 5 was released on the PS3 at the end of it's life cycle without even hinting to the consumer next gen was a go. So everyone ran out and bought the game making them an insane amount of money as the "last hurrah" for the system. Now that you have found out your money actually wen't towards something that will be completely worthless, do you not feel a little weird? 

It's like going to the buffet an hour before lunch then leaving when the fresh food comes out, doesn't make sense. 

EDIT: I have only had GTA 5 for 3 weeks. All the "you got your moneys worth" time arguments do not apply to me. 

• return-to-innocence, YoungR3B3L, 7REW7 and 6 others like this

AlexSniperBullet
  • AlexSniperBullet

GTAPhotographer Commissioner

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:11 AM

Rockstar Games always have lied. Wait when GTA 5 is delayed for PC/PS4 and Xbox One like last time for ps3 and xbox 360

• StormerBoy and who-dat like this

BoJack Cognac
  • BoJack Cognac

Cowboy and Rap Star

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:12 AM

$60 for 9 months worth of play sounds about worth it to me.

• SirPhilMcKraken, StormerBoy, ZeusMowat_278 and 29 others like this

RaceKingX
  • RaceKingX

Here he comes... and there he goes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:14 AM Edited by RaceKingX, 10 June 2014 - 08:14 AM.

Nothing worthless for me. I've gotten more entertainment out of this game than the last 20 games I've bought combined, and I'm STILL playing it. So, yeah, money well spent, I say.

• SirPhilMcKraken, NudasPriest, Distrom and 15 others like this

Kowai7108
  • Kowai7108

Obey 9F master race !!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:15 AM

Rockstar Games always have lied. Wait when GTA 5 is delayed for PC/PS4 and Xbox One like last time for ps3 and xbox 360

Just wait until they say heist are delayed to fall.
R* will be caught lying if they didn't give out heist within this two weeks.
  • levendis and AlexSniperBullet like this

the_wabz
  • the_wabz

• Members
  • Australia

For example, GTA 5 was released on the PS3 at the end of it's life cycle without even hinting to the consumer next gen was a go.

That's the Osborne effect. You never go round trying to sell your current product while telling potential customers there is something much better in the pipe line.

• Omnifarious likes this

MAR10HD
  • MAR10HD

Legit Business

• Members
  • Australia

I don't call 9 month's of fun worthless. I have got far more enjoyment from this game than what I paid for it.

As for next gen, it was obvious at some stage it would be announced for PS4 and XBox1 just a matter of when.

Furthermore nobody forced you to buy it, and nobody's forcing you to do so a second time.

• archiebunker, MajorVienna, Intoxica7ed and 4 others like this

Warlordfrost
  • Warlordfrost

Mentally Stable Killer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:17 AM

With the length gta 4 was played from the time it came out, you would have to be a little silly honestly thinking 5 wouldn't make the jump

Fireman Sam
  • Fireman Sam

LSPD

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:18 AM

Not sure if Rockstar F UP the HEISTS plan

statistic
  • statistic

Playa

• Members

yeah, like the release of GTA on next gen won't be delayed till next year sometime...  Plenty of time to enjoy it on our old machines.

EZza2647
  • EZza2647

The Bus driver-opus

• Members
  • Australia

Lied? No.

Played the market? Yes.

By hyping GTA V up to the point it was hyped at before it's initial release, they made over a billion dollars.

Rockstar is very good at building hype, as in the trailer they seemed to have focused on the graphics. They'll keep building up hype with new cars and peds, animals, whatever, and then make more money from next gen and PC releases.

While they may not make another Billion, I expect them to make at least another 700-800 million. With the PC community so strong

It's marketing boy, marketing!

• Distrom and JayWeazel like this

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

Night Light OutlawS MC President

• Members
  • Netherlands

You are a whiny peasant OP

9 months full of gameplay, over 300 hours plugged in GTA V and Online. 
Worth my money. So you can whine what you can, but seriously. it's only 60 bucks... not that it is a fortune or something

• stonedpimpso, ZeroF0rce, xskinzcity and 2 others like this

AndyC-M
  • AndyC-M

Cruise-Mids Founder

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:19 AM

totally worth it for me, this is the very first game ive ever played online

im contemplating whether to even buy the ps4 or not, as i dont really need it, gta is the only game i play now (used to be pro evo)

maybeanotherone
  • maybeanotherone

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:19 AM Edited by maybeanotherone, 10 June 2014 - 08:19 AM.

people are stupid and need to complain badly.

since stats transfer early adopters will forever have an advantage in gtao.

knowing rockstar they'll transfer everything included what i'm not suposed to have like the cargobob.

it only feels stupid is if you bought gta5 like last week.

Drennan57
  • Drennan57

Peon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:21 AM

I don't call 9 month's of fun worthless. I have got far more enjoyment from this game than what I paid for it.

As for next gen, it was obvious at some stage it would be announced for PS4 and XBox1 just a matter of when.

Furthermore nobody forced you to buy it, and nobody's forcing you to do so a second time.

I don't really care honestly i just thought the influx of "OMGZZ R* YOU AMAZING" threads was..... interesting. 

But maybe it does bother me. I'm not getting next gen, maybe ever. So when the PS4 version hits i hope the PS3 isn't a ghost town. 

• return-to-innocence likes this

RaceKingX
  • RaceKingX

Here he comes... and there he goes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:22 AM

I don't really care honestly i just thought the influx of "OMGZZ R* YOU AMAZING" threads was..... interesting. 

But maybe it does bother me. I'm not getting next gen, maybe ever. So when the PS4 version hits i hope the PS3 isn't a ghost town. 

Well, if the forum is a measure of the microcosm that is the community, you'll still have plenty of hold-outs to play with, so there's that.

Drennan57
  • Drennan57

Peon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:23 AM

people are stupid and need to complain badly.

since stats transfer early adopters will forever have an advantage in gtao.

knowing rockstar they'll transfer everything included what i'm not suposed to have like the cargobob.

it only feels stupid is if you bought gta5 like last week.

3 weeks  :lol:

D3ViOU5
  • D3ViOU5

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:24 AM

You could have f*cked a girl, made her pregnant and had a baby between the time last gen and current gen came out.

Think of R* as a pussy, and last gen was the baby that has been cooking in it's belly and now you are taking it to pregnancy class, learning how to breathe all in preparation for the big birth. The pregnancy is also an important part of the experience, but now you get to play with your fully developed baby  ;)

• RaceKingX likes this

maybeanotherone
  • maybeanotherone

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:30 AM Edited by maybeanotherone, 10 June 2014 - 08:31 AM.

^ ouch, but still.

360/ps3 gtao will get better because the hype crowd will move on.

all i know is those who start on next gen will never be nor do plenty of stuff like become billionaires for example.

OR BEAT UP YOUR OWN MECHANIC

everytime
  • Grimase likes this

Relative007
  • Relative007

Street Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:30 AM Edited by Relative007, 10 June 2014 - 08:31 AM.

Some what on your side OP. Although playing GTA V has been completely worth it on the PS3 and still will be for AT LEAST 3 months (would not be surprised if R* dragged it out until the end of fall as they will have plenty of cash from pre-orders and not care), the Online experience is now the only reason to have the game. IF exclusive Online content is released for next gen consoles and PC only I will not be overly happy as R* implied it would be ever developing and updated and this is rightly assumed to include the consoles it was released on. 

People like myself who bought a PS3 or 360 just for GTA V are those who lose out the most. Why would I or should I fork out another $400 for a next gen console to be able to keep enjoying GTA Online. Sure I can afford it, but it is a bit much to ask just 1 year on,

When I get a new PC, I might consider getting GTA V, although for whatever reason I prefer consoles. 

MAR10HD
  • MAR10HD

Legit Business

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:31 AM

If you didn't care you wouldn't have made this thread. The time taken to release between the platforms was to develop the game ensuring we don't get the exact same experience all over again. As I said not everybody will buy it only true GTA fans looking for a refined experience. The game is probably going to have a similar life span as IV so R* is just giving people what they have been asking for. Also you mustn't forget they are still a business and this will be a great move for them financially.

GTA DUDE05
  • GTA DUDE05

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:37 AM

Do you knows who benefits the most from playing Grand Theft Auto V  since September 2013 from the very first beginning? Is those modders/hackers playing it with modded console( Custom Firmware Users) who pirate the game and never spending a dime on an incompleted game......,they don't even spend a f*cking $60 bucks as the legit players yet they still can enjoy the SP and online features who actually paid for the game, you can call them peasant or whatnot but hey people who actually spend $60 bucks for GTA V start whinning does the game really worth $60 in old gen consoles since GTA V will be finnally a grand masterpiece in next gen and PC this year? 

lew3112
  • lew3112

QOTD PS3

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:43 AM

Or you can think of it this way. Rockstar released it on PS3/360 knowing full well they'd make lots of money from it. They can then reinvest that money into developing the game for PS4/ONE/PC and making it a better experience instead of just porting it.

I think £40 for 400+ hours of entertainment, plus all the great people I've met playing this was well worth the price, and the promise of that same experience with better quality, more features on a platform better suited for getting substantial upgrades is worth the price again.

tails_prower_2040
  • tails_prower_2040

Tails Prower

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:43 AM

I am very pleased to learn its finally coming to the PS4 and I have every confidence it will
be a better release so am looking forward to it especially with the news that don't have to start
from scratch again.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Grand Trade Auto

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:44 AM

I can't say they're lying.

How can you say someone is lying when they didn't say something they're going to turn their back on?

You can say they're lying on case like:

- They said in the trailer that you can band with others and perform a heist, which showed a group of players raiding a bank, but in the end, the feature isn't there - until now. (fanboys will disagree)

- They said don't believe GTA V leaks spreading on social media because they're fakes and R* will keep deleting them, while the actual fake GTA V gameplay are still around.

D3ViOU5
  • D3ViOU5

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:44 AM

Do you knows who benefits the most from playing Grand Theft Auto V  since September 2013 from the very first beginning? Is those modders/hackers playing it with modded console( Custom Firmware Users) who pirate the game and never spending a dime on an incompleted game......,they don't even spend a f*cking $60 bucks as the legit players yet they still can enjoy the SP and online features who actually paid for the game, you can call them peasant or whatnot but hey people who actually spend $60 bucks for GTA V start whinning does the game really worth $60 in old gen consoles since GTA V will be finnally a grand masterpiece in next gen and PC this year? 

We all spent 60$ to be beta testers, but I think I got my moneys worth, true story

Warlordfrost
  • Warlordfrost

Mentally Stable Killer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:47 AM

And anyway this will be an influx of players again new people getting the game and some of us transferring it will be good for the game and bring us new content, so I'm an board 100% with this

Insert-Coin-To-Continue
  • Insert-Coin-To-Continue

Blue-Footed Booby Fan

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:48 AM

Nope.

Pretty sure anyone with half a brain could have worked out next gen ports were inevitable based on the kinds of sales that V enjoyed.

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:49 AM

It's a way for them to get people to buy their games without waiting years to do it... most companies do that, so not sure why people are suddenly crying about it this time (unless the only games you literally buy are R* titles)

Feurian42
  • Feurian42

GTA WORLD POLICE

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:52 AM

I think that players on PS4/XB1 have a bigger beef, they will be far behind everyone who moves into a new console, don't forget too that the millions of early adopters who now have a chance to play GTA V for the first time.  I really don't understand why people feel gipped by R*.  Anyone who played the game knows they got their moneys worth, and most people have hoped for a long time that it would get ported to the newer consoles because, lets face it, most of us were going to buy a new console anyway.  I see it as win win for me, I got to hold out on  a  PS4 and play the greatest game in a dying generation of consoles and now I get to continue my fun on a current system with a polished version of GTA with more content. 

• Zonnex, Warlordfrost and MatthewH like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users