Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you like it that you will be able to transfer your account?

88 replies to this topic
We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Massacromance

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:55 PM

I was completely unaware of this. I am completely stoked...

Lucius Aelius
  • Lucius Aelius

Loose Seals of LS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:19 PM

Having progress transfer is the only reason I'll bother buying it on Next Gen, I've got two 200+ characters with fully modded garages there's no way in hell I'm starting over with all that from scratch.
  • UniqueAsh likes this

Daemian
  • Daemian

Merryweather Security Lt

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:10 PM

Of course I like it, right now I own a PS3 and works great, If I buy a PS4 in the future it's nice to know I'll be able to play GTA V in the PS4 with my original character.

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:13 PM

On the same matter a suggestion: Seperate newcomers and people who transfer their account for the first few weeks or so.

What do you think?

No. Separating the player base even more, is always a crap idea.

Ronzilla187
  • Ronzilla187

O.G.

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:23 PM

Yes. The fact I can transfer my Xbox 360 data to PS4 really surpised the sh*t out of me. This reason alone has me sold on GTA V for PS4.
  • who-dat likes this

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

It's been a ride

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:33 PM

OP did not quite state the topic question correctly.  What he meant to say was, "Do you like it that everybody will not be able to transfer their account, so I can pwn them with my superior skillz?"   :p

No sympathy from me.... :colgate:

• who-dat and RoyalRedXIII like this

who-dat
  • who-dat

Haha Bama sucks!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:39 PM

OP wants to be over powered till others catch up to her. OP sounds like a troll.

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Massacromance

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:39 PM

There will be a slew of new players that pick this up. Just make a new character if you want to be low level with a bunch of other low levels. 

The problem is, even if you work your ass off and gain a highler level than any other newcomer, you will simply end up with people who transfered their account. You will not be playing with people who also worked their asses off anymore. You will never get the chance to rape newcomers. You will always meet people who have a higher level than you. That's something that NEVER happened to me on the PS3 until I ended in the bad sports lobby, where some idiotic glitchers were kept under arrest.

As I REALLY don't want to get raped by anybody without a fair chance to defend myself, the only option left is to also transfer my account. Something that I don't want to do because I already have accomploshed everything I want. That's the main reason why I have sold my PS3 and GTA V early this year (@ level ~125).

You WILL be playing with people that worked their asses off. They just worked them off in Ocober 2013. I'm level 196 and I run into people with higher levels than me on the regular. And rank means jack sh*t in GTAO (outside of weapon unlocks and vehicle mods). I've gotten raped by lvl 70's and given lvl 250 guys the business.

There's nothing funny about rape, yo.

Exactly. That's why I want R* to completly seperate newcomers from transfers for the first few weeks, simple as that.

Then everybody can choose to either start from scratch OR to compete against other transfers.

Yes I have used the word "rape" to describe how I compete against other players but the key-word here is COMPETE. I won't destroy anybody on the streets until they change the session but I will never give anybody an easy time in a race, deathmatch or any other COMPETITIVE activity.

I am one of the very few players who has never even purchased a tank even though I could have done so as one of the first legit(!) players. I decided it's a too lame weapon to use. What about you?

Low-levels and late adopters aren't separated now. Why should they be separated on the new consoles? They don't deserve preferential treatment because they bought a new console or waited a year to play GTAO.

why am i not legit for 9digit bank? i didn't glitch, mod, or hack, i used a feature that R* itself advertised alot which are challenges. if my money was ilegitimate it would have been easy to remove like they do for everyone else.

You are not legit because you abused a glitch to gain money. I would never do that.

My horse is not that high.. you are just pretty low. And also scared to lose your 9-digit-e-penis. Quite pathetic.

He just said he didn't glitch, mod or hack...

But it doesn't matter. Do you realize how ridiculous you sound? Most people here aren't willing to give up the hundreds, if not thousands of hours they've invested so far and race/rank/financial progress they've earned. Like someone else suggested, If they're feeling masochistic, they can start a new character.

mochakaboom
  • mochakaboom

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:49 PM

I'm disappointed you can't transfer between PS3 and Xbox 360. smh 

agreed

Would be awesome to switch between microsoft/sony/PC

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:56 PM

It's a good thing, yes, but I hope we get some kind of discount for upgrading.

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:36 PM

HELL YES I LIKE IT!!

This means the next few months leading up to the PS4 GTA 5 release, all my efforts will not be wasted on the PS3 version because THAT would have sucked, to know that everything Im doing will be a waste because everything would reset in the Fall, man that would be rough. 

tsouryavong13
  • tsouryavong13

I lost on Jeopardy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:57 PM

Do you think transferring from PS3 to Xbox One will work?

TimmyM56
  • TimmyM56

For Paul

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:59 PM

I like it, not having to do it all over again. 

Maybe that's what the multiple character slots are for? Transferred characters and new ones. 

H8GodMode
  • H8GodMode

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:27 PM

i wouldn't cross over without that option.

but another worrying thing is what about my friends i play with now? everybody isn't rich, i see that being an issue maybe some of them won't be able to buy a 400$ machine just to upgrade GTA...

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:43 PM

I put too many hours into GTA Online on PS3. The transferring of online progression sold me.

• Zanje likes this

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:45 PM

The thing I looked forward to the most was the start. Competing against everybody else again to find out, who has the biggest e-penis. Finding a legit way to stay ahead of everybody, raping them with weapons that they haven't unlocked yet, owning them with cars that they can't effort. For me it was pretty much the most epic thing about GTA V on PS3.

But to me, it seems to be a huge bummer to not be able to compete against everybody else from scratch. All of the early-game will be ruined by tank whores and other wannabes.

On the same matter a suggestion: Seperate newcomers and people who transfer their account for the first few weeks or so.

What do you think?

I was about to troll, but you asked an honest, legit question :p lol

I know the feeling your talking about. I played it from the beginning and can remember a time when the billionaire days felt like the roaring 20's. Feels like just yesterday.... Anyways, the game has alredy been launched. It's not a new GTAO from what I understand, just an updated one. Not much point in making everyone start over.

I guess the most you can do is just make a second character if you haven't alredy, or just a new PSN account all together. That's as close as you'd get. For me, I'd rather keep all my stuff, I like what I got. I enjoyed the experience of getting it. If I had to do it over, it would just feel more like grinding to get back to where I was as apposed to a new adventure :/

Can't wait for GTA VI tho, or whatever it will be called.

kABUSE
  • kABUSE

Prankster

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:30 AM

OP did not quite state the topic question correctly.  What he meant to say was, "Do you like it that everybody will not be able to transfer their account, so I can pwn them with my superior skillz?"   :p

No sympathy from me.... :colgate:

I didn't come or register here to receive sympathy, so I couldn't care less.

To me it doesn't seriously matter whether we start over or not, as my skill is not bound to my account. But I am 100% sure that I would have enjoyed it far more to start from scratch, not because I might have won more often, but because the early-game of GTA Online was simply fantastic, as it was basically one gigantic arms race and I want to go through that times again. Custom car races were incredible at the times where it was something really special to have a fully tuned car. Same goes to deathmatches when you are the first person in the entire lobby who has unlocked a specific weapon.

Oh well..the conclusion this topic led to is obvious. I guess that means there won't be any GTA Online early-game ever again. What a shame.

I am not going to get my butt whipped by tank wannabes, so it looks like I am forced to move along :S

Bleh.. how boring.

fuck sivispacem
  • fuck sivispacem

I love Sivispacem

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:49 AM

The thing I looked forward to the most was the start. Competing against everybody else again to find out, who has the biggest e-penis. Finding a legit way to stay ahead of everybody, raping them with weapons that they haven't unlocked yet, owning them with cars that they can't effort. For me it was pretty much the most epic thing about GTA V on PS3.

But to me, it seems to be a huge bummer to not be able to compete against everybody else from scratch. All of the early-game will be ruined by tank whores and other wannabes.

What do you think?

first of all RP and Money glitches will still exist, second i doubt they'll fix the matchmaking for deathmathes and races plus there will be more people complain about pay $60 getting their high level character reset twice just to rank up to a high level again and have it reset on a new console (i would be one of them) and the segregation wouldn't work either its just stupid if im a new comer and got level 100 in a day or exploited a tank into the game id still be able to sh*t on people

kABUSE
  • kABUSE

Prankster

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:44 AM Edited by kABUSE, 11 June 2014 - 07:46 AM.

its just stupid if im a new comer and got level 100 in a day or exploited a tank into the game id still be able to sh*t on people

Yes but theoretically, that's what the cheater lobby and anti cheat system should take care of.

Also what I was suggestion was a decision you should be able to make to either start a new account and stay with other newcomers OR to import an existing account and stay with other transfers (until 3 weeks in the game or something like that).

I still think there is a significant difference between the number newcomers now and the number of newcomers that are going to get raped by tanks when this launches for nextgen/PC.

I am starting to think that I should start a new account nevertheless...

RIP JammyDegree
  • RIP JammyDegree

A-SQUAD, WE THE BEST

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:56 AM

Hell YEA I like it.

Im not losing my 500 race wins, 408 team deathmatch wins, 13k player kills, 20k distance traveled, or all of my blue weapon skins.

Boo yah
  • fuck sivispacem likes this

Willstig998
  • Willstig998

Brutaloz 4 Life

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:05 AM Edited by Willstig998, 11 June 2014 - 08:08 AM.

I'm gonna transfer my character from Xbox 360 to Xbox One because I don't want to spend 9 months ranking up and earning money all over again. I'm not in the mood for that.
  • fuck sivispacem and We Are Ninja like this

tsouryavong13
  • tsouryavong13

I lost on Jeopardy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:23 AM

How/where would I go to transfer accounts? Would I go to Social Club and link an Xbox Live account? Or do I have to copy and paste something?

GR Choke
  • GR Choke

Fun Race Creator

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:41 AM

i have always hated ranking up again!! like you do when a new COD comes out😡

Cwinny24
  • Cwinny24

Hustler

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:39 PM

No i hate it, i want to start from scratch again just like in october because i basicly gamed almost 9 months for nothing

*sarcasm*
  • We Are Ninja likes this

kABUSE
  • kABUSE

Prankster

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:16 PM Edited by kABUSE, 11 June 2014 - 03:18 PM.

If ranking up and unlocking stuff is such a bother, then why are you still here?

I find it simply pathetic how scared 95% of all you people here are to start over again. It looks like you feel too vulnerable and weak without your tank, heavy guns and fully tuned supers. Seriously pathetic.

Well... as I always tend to pick the difficult route, I have decided to start over once this is released for computer. I am already looking forward to destroy level 300s as a level 10 "noob". All I have to do is avoid tanks... unless I am in a Jet ;)

RIP JammyDegree
  • RIP JammyDegree

A-SQUAD, WE THE BEST

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:18 PM

If ranking up and unlocking stuff is such a bother, then why are you still here?

I find it simply pathetic how scared 95% of all you people here are to start over again. It looks like you feel too vulnerable and weak without your tank, heavy guns and fully tuned supers. Seriously pathetic.

LOL!!!

kABUSE
  • kABUSE

Prankster

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:24 PM

ROFLOMGBBQ!!!!!!11

RIP JammyDegree
  • RIP JammyDegree

A-SQUAD, WE THE BEST

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:57 PM

SAMSONITE!!!

justinlynch3
  • justinlynch3

GTA legit player

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:28 PM

I'm more bummed PSN isn't free no longer cause that means I can only transfer 1 of my 2 accounts from PS3 if I upgrade.    I would probably just start new, can't complain about 4 more garages on top of my 8 I already own.   lol

Though I probably won't get the game again, stick with PS3 where my friends and crew are.   Buy different games for PS4, Watchdogs, Infamous, WWE 2K15, you know, games I DON'T already own.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users