Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you like it that you will be able to transfer your account?

88 replies to this topic
kABUSE
  • kABUSE

Prankster

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:03 AM

The thing I looked forward to the most was the start. Competing against everybody else again to find out, who has the biggest e-penis. Finding a legit way to stay ahead of everybody, raping them with weapons that they haven't unlocked yet, owning them with cars that they can't effort. For me it was pretty much the most epic thing about GTA V on PS3.

But to me, it seems to be a huge bummer to not be able to compete against everybody else from scratch. All of the early-game will be ruined by tank whores and other wannabes.

On the same matter a suggestion: Seperate newcomers and people who transfer their account for the first few weeks or so.

What do you think?

AlexSniperBullet
  • AlexSniperBullet

GTAPhotographer Commissioner

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:04 AM

I'm disappointed you can't transfer between PS3 and Xbox 360. smh 

• mochakaboom and ocd like this

Xyn
  • Xyn

Wɇ Diɇ Alonɇ

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Respected 2014

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:05 AM

Carrying over saves is the tits.... All that "work" can't go to waste.

• Clueless Muffin, Distrom, Surak and 11 others like this

AlexSniperBullet
  • AlexSniperBullet

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:06 AM

Carrying over saves is the tits.... All that "work" can't go to waste.

* waits for people to complain when they lose their character during the transfer *

• vipprimo likes this

RaceKingX
  • RaceKingX

Here he comes... and there he goes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:07 AM

I'm disappointed you can't transfer between PS3 and Xbox 360. smh

But at least you can go from 360 to PS4 and such.
  • tom_p1980, Clueless Muffin, TimmyM56 and 5 others like this

elfoam
  • elfoam

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:08 AM Edited by elfoam, 10 June 2014 - 07:09 AM.

The thing I looked forward to the most was the start. Competing against everybody else again to find out, who has the biggest e-penis. Finding a legit way to stay ahead of everybody, raping them with weapons that they haven't unlocked yet, owning them with cars that they can't effort. For me it was pretty much the most epic thing about GTA V on PS3.

But to me, it seems to be a huge bummer to not be able to compete against everybody else from scratch. All of the early-game will be ruined by tank whores and other wannabes.

On the same matter a suggestion: Seperate newcomers and people who transfer their account for the first few weeks or so.

What do you think?

You actually get put in with low level players right now if you are also low level. I started a new account last week and most of my lobbies are level 4-30. Haven't seen a tank yet. Its really nice.

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

I went out to get cigarettes and never returned...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:09 AM

Is that even a question? Of course I like it. I'm not ranking up to 148 again.

lokdogiv
  • lokdogiv

CREW:GTAPJT & GTAPJT RACING.PSN: LokDog_IV

• BUSTED!
  • Australia

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:18 AM

realistically.. noone would play if such a a feature wasnt implemented.. going from a level 120 & ex amount of dollars,back to 2 with $1600.. i dont think soo..

• Miss Malevolent, BamaGoodfella and GrandTheftRobbo like this

Coin.
  • Coin.

Some motherf*ckerís always trying to ice skate up hill.

• Feroci
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:20 AM

It's a good option to be able to exercise, one which I personally will be doing so.

You don't have to use it, if you get your kicks from starting over again, then don't transfer it and start over again.

• Xyn, We Are Ninja and GrandTheftRobbo like this

kABUSE
  • kABUSE

Prankster

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:28 AM

You don't have to use it, if you get your kicks from starting over again, then don't transfer it and start over again.

You apparently don't get the point.

I want to COMPETE against other players from scratch. What is the point if I start @ level 1 if everybody else drives around in a tank? I want to be given the choice to pick a completly seperated world/server/whatever where it is guaranteed that NOBODY has transfered his account. I want to go through the times where people couldn't effort the best car with the finest tuning there is. I want to compete with other players to our dream-car-park etc.

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:29 AM

I'm in between, I wanted to re-experience my character and go through the game again with the new enhancements but I'm sure at one point I'm gonna wish they added that feature.

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

ruin made me do it not

• The Yakuza
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:30 AM

no way in hell am i going to take the time to level up again

i'll 100% enjoy it if we're still able to use that character on last gen, kinda cloning it i guess

RaceKingX
  • RaceKingX

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:31 AM

I want to COMPETE against other players from scratch. What is the point if I start @ level 1 if everybody else drives around in a tank? I want to be given the choice to pick a completly seperated world/server/whatever where it is guaranteed that NOBODY has transfered his account. I want to go through the times where people couldn't effort the best car with the finest tuning there is. I want to compete with other players to our dream-car-park etc.

I'm not trying to be rude, but would you want such a thing to happen in real life is well? There's never going to be a level playing field completely, so if you choose to stay at first level instead of transferring your info, then I really don't know what to tell you.
  • Miss Malevolent, Grimase and ~TKP~ like this

Coin.
  • Coin.

Some motherf*ckerís always trying to ice skate up hill.

• Feroci
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:31 AM

Oh, I understood that perfectly. It's just not ever going to happen.

• lew3112 likes this

Shootinalloveryourface
  • Shootinalloveryourface

No 1 Panto Crew in the World PIGS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:35 AM

And lose my $20k? Yeah jog on son
  • saintsrow, gtajim and RaceKingX like this

Xyn
  • Xyn

Wɇ Diɇ Alonɇ

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Respected 2014

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:35 AM

no way in hell am i going to take the time to level up again

i'll 100% enjoy it if we're still able to use that character on last gen, kinda cloning it i guess

"Hyperion suggests that you do not think about the fact that this is only a digital reconstruction of your original body, which died the first time you respawned. Do NOT think about this!"

"The Hyperion corporation wishes to clarify that the bright light you saw after death was our digistruct technology, and not a higher power. Not higher than Hyperion, anyway."

-New-U Station; Borderlands 2

I'd LMFAO at a R* version of this when transferring.

• Bozzah and JiNX77 like this

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

Night Light OutlawS MC President

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:36 AM

who the f*ck doesn't? seriously?

what are the cons here xD

Dan_Houser_Official
  • Dan_Houser_Official

I am dan houser pls buy shark cards

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:36 AM

the only problem for is that the xbox 360 save wont transfer to PC most likely.

please let there be a way. :( i dont want to lose my level 104 

maybeanotherone
  • maybeanotherone

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:37 AM Edited by maybeanotherone, 10 June 2014 - 07:38 AM.

it will be pretty ironic to see if they will transfer my 9 digit bank account too.

i mean, i get the impression if they were going to take it from me, they would already have long ago.

AlexSniperBullet
  • AlexSniperBullet

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:38 AM

it's on social club. not your xbox 360 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• SPEEDSTER0595 likes this

RaceKingX
  • RaceKingX

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:39 AM

From their wording, I'm assuming you will be able to. Since all of your info is saved on the social club, it should be a breeze to copy/paste.

Dan_Houser_Official
  • Dan_Houser_Official

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:40 AM

From their wording, I'm assuming you will be able to. Since all of your info is saved on the social club, it should be a breeze to copy/paste.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay  :lol:

JiNX77
  • JiNX77

Spanakopita!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:44 AM

There will be a slew of new players that pick this up. Just make a new character if you want to be low level with a bunch of other low levels. It says there will be new character customization options, maybe once it arrives the character creator will be better and we may want new characters. For that matter who says they won't open another character slot, then you have the best of both worlds.

maybeanotherone
  • maybeanotherone

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:45 AM Edited by maybeanotherone, 10 June 2014 - 07:46 AM.

although to transfer your stats to pc it implies you bought the game on it.

inb4

"hello dear rockstar i'd love to get my character back but it seems the version i downloaded does not authenticate with your cloud servers, please fix"
  • PrestoWater, SPEEDSTER0595, NikolaiAmethyst and 1 other like this

Jaggs
  • Jaggs

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:03 AM

But what, apart from graphics, is improved in the next gen versions? I don't need fancy graphics to have a good time if the gameplay is 100% the same. But if they introduce other stuff like animals, hunting, and some of the left out vehicles like the cargo plane and blimp online...

Dan_Houser_Official
  • Dan_Houser_Official

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:04 AM

But what, apart from graphics, is improved in the next gen versions? I don't need fancy graphics to have a good time if the gameplay is 100% the same. But if they introduce other stuff like animals, hunting, and some of the left out vehicles like the cargo plane and blimp online...

on PC there will be a large community of modding (no, not the fun ruining console modding your thinking about. single player enjoyable change the game to what you like PC mods

kABUSE
  • kABUSE

Prankster

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:15 AM

There will be a slew of new players that pick this up. Just make a new character if you want to be low level with a bunch of other low levels. 

The problem is, even if you work your ass off and gain a highler level than any other newcomer, you will simply end up with people who transfered their account. You will not be playing with people who also worked their asses off anymore. You will never get the chance to rape newcomers. You will always meet people who have a higher level than you. That's something that NEVER happened to me on the PS3 until I ended in the bad sports lobby, where some idiotic glitchers were kept under arrest.

As I REALLY don't want to get raped by anybody without a fair chance to defend myself, the only option left is to also transfer my account. Something that I don't want to do because I already have accomploshed everything I want. That's the main reason why I have sold my PS3 and GTA V early this year (@ level ~125).

tjor24
  • tjor24

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:29 AM

Yeah I wouldn't be mad if we all had to start over. I know most people would hate it but it would kinda refresh the game. Still, if I had to choose, I'm picking the transfer.

maybeanotherone
  • maybeanotherone

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:43 AM Edited by maybeanotherone, 10 June 2014 - 08:43 AM.

"You will never get the chance to rape newcomers."

wtf u doing here? go rape newcomers in watch dogs while you can, or did it loose the hype spot yet?

it's these people who make online gaming horrible, the hype crowd of retards who move from game to game making it suck right from the beggining.

i play videogames for fun, these dudes are overcompensating for sh*tty lives.
  • saintsrow, Clueless Muffin, KornbreadMaf1a and 2 others like this

lew3112
  • lew3112

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:50 AM

If they didn't allow account transfer I wouldn't bother buying its on PS4. Although, I have a horrible feeling that on launch day we'll see about fifty threads here saying "My character got deleted when I tried to transfer to PS4/ONE wtf Rockstar??!)

So I think I'll give it a few days before attempting it based on how badly the launch was for this gen.

• We Are Ninja likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users