Quantcast

» «
Photo

PS4/xbox one version of GTA4?

36 replies to this topic

Poll: PS4/xbox one version of GTA4? (68 member(s) have cast votes)

Next Gen IV?

1. Yes (38 votes [55.07%])

Percentage of vote: 55.07%

2. No (31 votes [44.93%])

Percentage of vote: 44.93%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Zee
  • Zee

Shut up, sit down, relax.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Comedian of the Year 2011

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:55 AM

Since they've announced a next gen version of V, I ask you this:

Simply put: would you buy a next-gen version of gta4?

I would, provided the graphics were really cleaned up, it ran at 60 fps and had more peds/cars. That would be interesting.
  • matajuegos01 likes this

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:56 AM

10/10 would buy. but never gonna happen. maybe through Playstation Now service but that means you're simply playing the PS3 version on PS4.

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:13 AM

If I actually bought a next gen console, then yes.

ric4rd094
  • ric4rd094

Remember who you are... :)

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:44 AM

Of course, but they haev to keep the gritty atmosphere! :)

Hitman5
  • Hitman5

Sick Again

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:27 AM Edited by Hitman5, 10 June 2014 - 11:28 AM.

Yes that would be epic. But only if they really got rid of the bluriness and washed out look it has and bring back some colour V style. I don't think it will happen though, maybe at most in some years time as a downloadable game.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:03 PM

Yes that would be epic. But only if they really got rid of the bluriness and washed out look it has and bring back some colour V style. I don't think it will happen though, maybe at most in some years time as a downloadable game.

Prettying it up with GTA V like colours would ruin it for me. The washed out look and use of dark colours is what give the game its charm. As a hardcore GTA IV fan I'd be annoyed if they tried to make look more like GTA V.

Unfortunately that's exactly what I could see R* doing considering the whining masses complained the original was too dark and grey.

For this reason I actually vote no. Don't f*ck with the original masterpiece.
  • Nonpareil1983, lol232, Lock N' Stock and 10 others like this

ocd
  • ocd

Foot Fetishist

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:14 PM

Yeah, give it a California-douche glow and throw in some tanks and some chromed Adder's.

• Drunken Cowboy and Pastry like this

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:15 PM

Yeah, give it a California-douche glow and throw in some tanks and some chromed Adder's.

I feel sick.
  • Alchemist and Drunken Cowboy like this

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

I'm so lost....

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:21 PM

Yes, but they won't re-release it on PC. It wouldn't make sense. Just make updated textures, map additions, but keep everything else untouched.

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:28 PM

No, because I wouldn't agree with re-releasing something old merely for better graphics. IV had great graphics. It's unlikely it will get any new content, so what's the point in painting a dead horse?

I'm sure they'll revisit LC in the new generation soon enough, though. And this will probably also happen, but I wouldn't say it would be a great thing. It would seem forced. IV was made for the 360/PS3, unlike V which was made for the new generation but provided a version which would work on the consoles most people currently own.

But at some point they'll most likely release some more collectors packs of these games. Though, it'd be pretty strange because IV is the only game in the series made for that generation, so the collectors pack would be... EFLC. Just with *slightly* better graphics.

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:09 PM

No, because I wouldn't agree with re-releasing something old merely for better graphics. IV had great graphics. It's unlikely it will get any new content, so what's the point in painting a dead horse?

I'm sure they'll revisit LC in the new generation soon enough, though. And this will probably also happen, but I wouldn't say it would be a great thing. It would seem forced. IV was made for the 360/PS3, unlike V which was made for the new generation but provided a version which would work on the consoles most people currently own.

But at some point they'll most likely release some more collectors packs of these games. Though, it'd be pretty strange because IV is the only game in the series made for that generation, so the collectors pack would be... EFLC. Just with *slightly* better graphics.

GTA V was made for the last generation but now provides a version which would work on the new consoles.

Zee
  • Zee

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:21 PM

Prettying it up with GTA V like colours would ruin it for me. The washed out look and use of dark colours is what give the game its charm. As a hardcore GTA IV fan I'd be annoyed if they tried to make look more like GTA V.
Unfortunately that's exactly what I could see R* doing considering the whining masses complained the original was too dark and grey.
dont worry, in the ideal situation, your dark city that is nice and emo is still there. im just talking about cleaning up the jaggies and increasing ped and vehicle density.
  • TheOtherRyan and Zello like this

VanillaIce
  • VanillaIce

Cole Phelps FanBoy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:57 PM

the Game Is Fine How It is as you say there would be some Improvements here and there  but is it Necessary for a 6yr old game ? IMO No

Grievous
  • Grievous

Wall of Text Armada

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:00 PM

Character Switch mechanic for Niko Johnny Luis?

Whoa ...

JordCorner
  • JordCorner

Smoke Show

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:02 PM

Character Switch mechanic for Niko Johnny Luis?

Whoa ...

This would be awesome. 

However I only see GTA IV as a downloadable game for next-gen, with the same story and what not, for nostalgia purposes. Same reason all the originals are available on Xbox MP/PS store. 

• ocd likes this

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:32 PM

No, classic should stay classic. 

• theGTAking101 likes this

Target13
  • Target13

Beyond CreativityŽ

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:54 PM

I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Maybe in a couple of years, the Play Station Store will let you buy it from the PS3 Classics category.

Zee
  • Zee

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:02 AM

No, classic should stay classic.

So, you enjoy jaggies then?

GN 1992
  • GN 1992

aka gnad.1992

• GTAF Crew
  • Brazil
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:08 AM

Nice thread

It would be nice to see a next gen release of IV

I still remember the first time I played it, managed to get a chopper and suicide jump near the Empire State... it was f*cking awesome, a moment that I'll never forget in my videogames experiences.

• Zello likes this

Hitman5
  • Hitman5

Sick Again

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:18 PM

Don't put words in my mouth.

The amount of washed out look in GTA IV is ridiculous. I'm not saying making it 'orange' like V, just put a bit of colour back in and make it less washed out line PC ENB style. 

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:16 PM

It depends.

If it was just a graphics boost, yes, but if they started incorporating things like GTAV's driving mechanics, lol

NO

• Zello likes this

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:02 AM

If they make the game look better (but please keep the game looking dark, it's part of the story) and run a bit faster.. then yes.

I don't need anything else "upgraded".

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:09 AM

Don't put words in my mouth.

The amount of washed out look in GTA IV is ridiculous. I'm not saying making it 'orange' like V, just put a bit of colour back in and make it less washed out line PC ENB sty

I wasn't putting words into your mouth. If that's what you meant then I apologise.

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:17 AM

If it is just for aesthetical pruposes, like making graphics slightly better like ENB, or making the draw distance better, there is no reason to be afraid.
Just dont mess with anything else, enhance graphics ONLY.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:41 PM Edited by AnDReJ98, 12 June 2014 - 12:41 PM.

Zee, for your information,at me everything is perfectly, no need for a such upgrade, that somehow can possibly 'ruin' some things, such was talked in first posts.

lol232
  • lol232

Got room for one more?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:25 PM

This. If you want better graphics go with the PC version.
  • chrisscorsese88 likes this

GTA_fear
  • GTA_fear

There's a tip jar, jackass!

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:13 PM

Excuse my off-topicness, but I have to ask...

Are... You really Zee?

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:55 PM

They're better off making the map available for GTA:O

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:45 AM

Excuse my off-topicness, but I have to ask...
Are... You really Zee?

Yes. He's the original whisky drinking trailblazer.

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:51 AM

This. If you want better graphics go with the PC version.

Just about to say this.  :^:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users