Photo

Rise of the Tomb Raider

74 replies to this topic
GTA DUDE05
  • GTA DUDE05

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:59 AM Edited by GTA DUDE05, 6 days ago.

307qcnq.jpg                     

Has not been confirmed for PS4/PC. Microsoft confirmed for Xbox One,but most likely it will come out on PS4/PC

Crystal Dynamics Unveils Rise of the Tomb Raider

Crystal Dynamics, a Square Enix studio, today announced its latest title in the critically acclaimed and award-winning Tomb Raider series, Rise of the Tomb Raider. The game will redefine survival action in Holiday 2015.

In her first adventure, Lara Croft was forged into a true survivor, but she glimpsed a deeper, secret world. In the next chapter of her journey, Lara must use her survival skills and wits, learn to trust new friends, and ultimately accept her destiny as the Tomb Raider.

“With the power of the new generation, and our proprietary Foundation engine, our high octane action moments will be even more epic. Multiple locations around the world will be filled with exploration spaces that are some of the most beautifully hostile places on earth and over three times larger than we could achieve before,” said Darrell Gallagher, Head of Product Development and Studios at Square Enix. “Our digital actors will rival CG quality, and after hearing the cry from our fans loud and clear, we will put the tombs back into Tomb Raider, all in our gritty survival-action style.”

Rise of the Tomb Raider builds upon the formula that made Tomb Raider a success, and features the return of Camilla Luddington as Lara Croft. Camilla will take character performance to new heights as Lara pushes herself beyond human limits and is confronted with what it means to become a hero. Once again, Crystal Dynamics is proud to have the award-winning author Rhianna Pratchett as a key member of the writing team, helping craft a story that delves into Lara’s inner turmoil and motivations in this critical second act of her journey. 

Rise of the Tomb Raider Trailer

• Biohazard Abyss likes this

OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick
  • OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:02 AM

So, the Tomb Raider that was released last year was a reboot and this is the sequel to that game? Looks like I'll have to pick up that one then before I get this. Is it a great game?

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:05 AM

Maybe after this she turns into the tiger killing female terminator death machine ex machina we all know.

Enough already with the "she is vulnerable, CARE FOR HER" then she kills 50 people without batting an eye and without getting so much as a f*cking boo-boo.

Glad they ddin't call it tomb raider 2, still interested in this.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:13 AM

Tomb Raider was best game of 2013 IMO.

Might be getting a Xbox One just for this!

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:23 AM

Something tells me I should have finished playing the remade Tomb Raider, might as well just pick up the "Definite" edition or whatever it's called.

I had fun though with the small amount I've played, can't wait to try this one whenever.

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:12 AM

Tomb Raider was best game of 2013

Totally agree!!

I haven't been disappointed with a TR game since Legend, and the reboot was awesome, so I'm super stoked for this game!
  • Biohazard Abyss likes this

Coin
  • Coin

Game Over

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:15 AM

Hopefully a return to BadAss Lara.

VCRules86
  • VCRules86

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:35 AM

So, the Tomb Raider that was released last year was a reboot and this is the sequel to that game? Looks like I'll have to pick up that one then before I get this. Is it a great game?

It probably would've gotten some serious GOTY action if it didn't have to compete with GTA and TLOU.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:18 PM

It probably would've gotten some serious GOTY action if it didn't have to compete with GTA and TLOU.

It may have won 2012, may, since it is oodles better than telltales buggy mess.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:23 PM

I liked the original Lara from 2013 better. She was cute. If they changed how she looks in this game, then it couldn't possibly be the sequel(?)

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:25 PM

I liked the original Lara from 2013 better. She was cute. If they changed how she looks in this game, then it couldn't possibly be the sequel(?)

Did you watch the trailer, dude?

The therapist is talking about flashbacks of her experiences from Tomb Raider 2013, lol it's obviously a sequel.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:35 PM

Yes I watched the trailer. What I didn't do, was listen to it.

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Pure Heroine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:58 AM

Rise of the Tomb Raider will be exclusive to Xbox One.

http://www.ibtimes.c...clusive-1656748

Wow, how much did it cost Microsoft to get its exclusivity?

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:09 AM

Depends if it stays exclusive. For all we know they could be buying the IP after this. I'd say 50 or more million

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Pure Heroine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:16 AM

Depends if it stays exclusive. For all we know they could be buying the IP after this. I'd say 50 or more million

Do you think they'll make a Tomb Raider/X1 bundle?

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:39 AM Edited by DarthShinobi, 13 August 2014 - 02:41 AM.

Do you think they'll make a Tomb Raider/X1 bundle?
Depends when its released. If Q4 2015 in doubt it because that's Halo 5 territory. Maybe if Q2 2015. Then again Q2 seems like Quantum Break. Confusing. They picked a bad year to release it, haha. Could be a 2016 release, but I doubt it.

Troubadour
  • Troubadour

God Is Great, Beer Is Good, People Are Crazy

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:54 AM Edited by AiraCobra, 13 August 2014 - 09:50 AM.

468px-Rottr_invert.jpg

Release Platforms Holiday 2015

Xbox One

Developer Publisher Crystal Dynamix Square Enix

Rise of the Tomb Raider is an upcoming sequel to the 2013 Tomb Raider reboot. Set some time after the events of the first game, the E3 2014 teaser featured Laura undergoing therapy for the mental trauma endured during the first game, as well as cut scenes of her investigating a mountain vista,

Coming Holiday 2015, exclusively on Xbox, Rise of the Tomb Raider follows up on Crystal Dymanics' redefining prequel/reboot to the Lara Croft saga. This second game picks up the story following the events of the first game and after Gail Simone's Tomb Raider comic book series.

In her first adventure, Lara Croft was forged into a true survivor, but she glimpsed a deeper, secret world. Now, Lara must use her survival skills and wits, learn to trust new friends, and ultimately accept her destiny as the Tomb Raider.

rystal Dynamics Unveils Rise of the Tomb Raider

Crystal Dynamics, a Square Enix studio, today announced its latest title in the critically acclaimed and award-winning Tomb Raider series, Rise of the Tomb Raider. The game will redefine survival action in Holiday 2015.

In her first adventure, Lara Croft was forged into a true survivor, but she glimpsed a deeper, secret world. In the next chapter of her journey, Lara must use her survival skills and wits, learn to trust new friends, and ultimately accept her destiny as the Tomb Raider.

“With the power of the new generation, and our proprietary Foundation engine, our high octane action moments will be even more epic. Multiple locations around the world will be filled with exploration spaces that are some of the most beautifully hostile places on earth and over three times larger than we could achieve before,” said Darrell Gallagher, Head of Product Development and Studios at Square Enix. “Our digital actors will rival CG quality, and after hearing the cry from our fans loud and clear, we will put the tombs back into Tomb Raider, all in our gritty survival-action style.”

Rise of the Tomb Raider builds upon the formula that made Tomb Raider a success, and features the return of Camilla Luddington as Lara Croft. Camilla will take character performance to new heights as Lara pushes herself beyond human limits and is confronted with what it means to become a hero. Once again, Crystal Dynamics is proud to have the award-winning author Rhianna Pratchett as a key member of the writing team, helping craft a story that delves into Lara’s inner turmoil and motivations in this critical second act of her journey.

Dear Tomb Raider Community,

As you may have seen, we’ve just announced that Rise of the Tomb Raider, coming Holiday 2015, is exclusively on Xbox. We consider all of you to be the lifeblood of Tomb Raider and the work we do at Crystal. I’d like to give you some insight into this decision, and why we feel this is the very best thing for the Tomb Raider sequel we’re creating at the studio.

Tomb Raider in 2013 was a success due in large part to your continued support. Our goal has always been to deliver something truly special with Rise of the Tomb Raider. Today’s announcement with Microsoft is one step to help us put Tomb Raider on top of action adventure gaming.

Our friends at Microsoft have always seen huge potential in Tomb Raider and have believed in our vision since our first unveil with them on their stage at E3 2011.

We know they will get behind this game more than any support we have had from them in the past - we believe this will be a step to really forging the Tomb Raider brand as one of the biggest in gaming, with the help, belief and backing of a major partner like Microsoft.

This doesn’t mean that we’re walking away from our fans who only play on PlayStation or on PC. Those are great systems, with great partners, and amazing communities. We have Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris coming to those platforms this December, and Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition is available on PS4.

We know that there are probably many more questions and concerns. Please do send them to us, and we’ll answer to the best of our ability. Meanwhile we’re going all out to try and make something truly special - the most ambitious Tomb Raider game ever built.

Thanks,

Darrell Gallagher
Crystal Dynamics Head of Studios

Lara_Tomb_E3_Final.jpg

Lara_Bow_E3_Final.jpgLara_Bear_E3_Final.jpg

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:00 AM

I have to admit. This announcement caught me off guard.

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:06 AM

I'm sure the game will end up being a timed exclusive for the XBone. It just doesn't make sense not to release the game for other platforms. Tomb Raider was the best game last year imo, so it better come to pc!

android
  • android

Something witty, something sh*tty

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Best Mobile OS

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:26 AM Edited by Android, 13 August 2014 - 05:56 PM.

Have a signature, or two.

ApWqaFX.png

ofqCzEt.png

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:28 AM

Are you that guy Sgt. Foley? He disappeared a while ago.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Boards Of Canada

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:47 AM

Looks interesting but is anyone capable or making an original title... f*ckin' hell.. how many "Rise of..." titles can there be. I'm going to start a FB group to boycott this unoriginal behaviour and try force people to think again and try open their minds. Urgh. 

VCRules86
  • VCRules86

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:42 PM

One of the games I was most excited for next year and now it's a an X1 exclusive. f*ck that.

Well, screw you Microsoft. We still have Naughty Dog.

Voggens
  • Voggens

So...

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:52 PM

Timed exclusive. It was confirmed today.

http://www.eurogamer...ign=socialoomph

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:52 PM

Yay! Now all the PS/C players can stfu.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:32 PM

Yay! Now all the PS/C players can stfu.

Because the Xbox One gamers were having trouble hearing themselves inflating their own egos for no reason?

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

It can't be for nothing

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:36 PM

Will def get this when its on Ps4. Hopefully us Ps4 users don't have to wait more than a year for it after its X1 release.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:44 PM

Will def get this when its on Ps4. Hopefully us Ps4 users don't have to wait more than a year for it after its X1 release.

It'll  be a year, almost exactly. 

And by then the Xboners will have beta tested it yadda yadda etc. 

VCRules86
  • VCRules86

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:51 PM

Crisis averted.

OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick
  • OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:22 PM

Timed exclusive. It was confirmed today.

http://www.eurogamer...ign=socialoomph

Stupid. Either spend all that money on a new IP or spend that money and OWN the IP. Stop with this timed exclusive sh*t. Phil Spencer gets a thumbs down from me in this situation.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users