Next-Gen Enhancements

372 replies to this topic
stjimmy3
  • stjimmy3

Hater of player haters

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:41 AM

Guys lets calm down here for a minute, there's new stuff yes, but don't go crazy with the new interiors, don't expect buying houses and what not, just telling you now. 

• Konstelation and one55 like this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:43 AM

Guys lets calm down here for a minute, there's new stuff yes, but don't go crazy with the new interiors, don't expect buying houses and what not, just telling you now. 

There's no stopping it. You know how the cycle goes.

Once it releases in the Fall, there's going to be tons of hate threads.

"OMG R*, WTF NO ___________"

You name it, and I'm sure it'll pop up.

• archiebunker likes this

stjimmy3
  • stjimmy3

Hater of player haters

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:47 AM

Oh I know, trust me, I spent three months up till release trying to convince people there was no LV or SF, but nope, they didn't believe me

• Spider-Vice, archiebunker, Geralt of Rivia and 1 other like this

DrGreenThumb_NZ
  • DrGreenThumb_NZ

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:57 AM

I'm not sure about the framerate though. It seems kinda smoother, but i doubt it will be at 60 fps. However 1080p is a given.

It will be on the PC, unlike your peasant consoles.

You PC elites spazzing out big time its pathetic most people own both

Doland J. Trump
  • Doland J. Trump

#MakeAmericaGreatAgain

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:58 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if we get some new things, like interior's.

Stevilknievel
  • Stevilknievel

Outlaw

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:59 AM

Its human nature, the hype is going to hit extreme levels in the next few months, I mean R* has added some new stuff into this version of GTA that we seen in the trailer, but until we get more information who knows what else will be possible, I for one am not going to speculate at all so I'm not disappointed, but that doesn't mean others shouldn't.

We'll have to wait and see.

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:22 AM

Oh I know, trust me, I spent three months up till release trying to convince people there was no LV or SF, but nope, they didn't believe me

Spoiler

• Smaher. likes this

A.O.D.88
  • A.O.D.88

Blue Eyes Matter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:39 AM

Well OK, but those features are certainly a must for Single-Player DLC!

Sanjiswaytocool
  • Sanjiswaytocool

Work-a-holic

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:44 AM

Don't expect many trees/interiors to be added. Looks to be more shrubs/foliage/performance being added & touched up but I don't see a massive re-haul. I do hope to be wrong though.

Invader_swift
  • Invader_swift

BLACK LIVES MATTER

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:45 AM

Crouching? Hah, get on with the times SoL, that's so 2008.
What we really need is more outrageous chrome supercars! THANK YOU BASED R*

I'm old school. I also want to visit Internet cafés again.

They closed all the Internet Cafes in my area like 5 years ago, they're rare nowadays lol

• TheOtherRyan likes this

Tommy Spaghetti
  • Tommy Spaghetti

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:16 AM

http://www.gtav.net/screenshots/#828

There's no excuse to not implement it in. The reason why FULL scuba gear equipment was cut from PS3 and Xbox 360 is still being questioned to this day.

lokdogiv
  • lokdogiv

CREW:GTAPJT & GTAPJT RACING.PSN: LokDog_IV

• BUSTED!
  • Australia

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:17 AM

& 101 other things that have been cut from SP/Online..

Voggs
  • Voggs

Just like the white winged dove

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:22 AM

Wait... the scuba gear or the trees in Raton Canyon?

Either way both better be...

• Osho likes this

Stevilknievel
  • Stevilknievel

Outlaw

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:22 AM

Hopefully we see house 2405 in all its original glory.

gtav2405.jpg

• theNGclan, Tupiz and theGTAking101 like this

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Old Fart

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:35 AM Edited by liquidussnake119, 11 June 2014 - 03:35 AM.

Things I hope will come back but probably won't

1. Laser sights (either for us or police) http://www.gtav.net/screenshots/#411
2. Trevors old shirt http://www.gtav.net/screenshots/#570

3. Trevor wearing Families bandana http://www.gtav.net/screenshots/#812

4. One handed aiming like a boss http://www.gtav.net/screenshots/#845

5. This suit and this balaclava http://www.gtav.net/screenshots/#854

6. Police making actual arrests http://www.gtav.net/screenshots/#863

7. Two women on stage at once http://www.gtav.net/screenshots/#874

8. Being able to actually buy this black shirt for use under the casual jackets for Franklin http://www.gtav.net/screenshots/#955

• visionist and Raiden雷電 like this

Voggs
  • Voggs

Just like the white winged dove

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:40 AM Edited by Voggens, 11 June 2014 - 03:41 AM.

Trevor's shirt probably won't come back unfortunately, as it is his beta default shirt. Although the same model without the V neck is one of the Online Character clothes and also other characters, such as Lazlow in Reuniting the Family.

The screen with Franklin aiming with one hand is probably just for marketing, I don't think it's beta aiming or something, probably won't be added either.

Crimson Flam3s
  • Crimson Flam3s

Live Free or Die Trying

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:56 AM

Nahh come on, the ps3 and xbox have hardware that's almost 10 years old, and look how great it looks. ps4 It would probably run a version that looks better and still hits that 1080p/60fps but we don't have any info yet.

If the game really runs, at 30fps then they decided, to add more graphical and technical improvements over the framerate which is arguably not as important to the majority of players if they had to choose between fps or improvements. Assuming it's 30fps then I'm 100% sure they could tone then down to reach 60fps and still look amazing. 

All speculation obviously at this point.

Watch Dogs ran at 30fps and 900p on the PS4, and 30fps/792p on the XBONE. Infamous Second Son runs at 30fps, Drive Club will. Forza Horizon 2 runs at 30fps, The Crew will, Dead Rising 3 rarely hits 30fps, Assassins Creed 4 does...

GTA V looks so good for 10 year old hardware because they've basically hacked half the code, probably used every trick in the box, and it shows online when the game can't keep up and freezes. It might be 60fps on the new consoles, but it won't be 1080p, probably more like 720p. And I'm willing to bet that R* will trade frame-rate for resolution.
No. No they will not. This game will most certainly be 1080p 30fps before it will be 720p 60fps. Not even a question about that. Since the beginning of this generation the only thing that has seemed to matter to people is 1080p and there is no way in hell that Rockstar is going to allow their game to run at any resolution less than that. The game will be 30fps with all of the new bells and whistles, and hopefully much better AA.

That's pretty much what I said, they'll sacrifice 60fps for 30fps/1080p. When I said it'll probably be 720p, I meant that if it is 60fps then it won't be 1080p.

Yeah if anything, they will go with 30fos and 1080p.

Im pretty sure the game could be made 60fps 1080p and still look much better than last gen but developers will favor a much prettier game, so they will make it look even better and still keep the acceptable rock solid 30fps. I bet most people will favor a prettier game than 60fps specially among consoles.

I still think they will do 60f but if they don't, the above could be the case.

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Old Fart

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:24 AM

ha I was mostly just joking around because I remember everyone getting really upset that those things were not in the actual game.

Although, being honest, I really do hope they add wearing the black shirt under that jacket, or at the very least, someone makes a mod for it in the PC version.  Looks cool.

• visionist likes this

Hitman5
  • Hitman5

Sick Again

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:31 AM

One thing I hope we get is more traffic.  Yes, I hate having traffic all over the place during chases, but LS seems so dead at times on the road. 

dXnB4V1.gif
x5BGwcu.gif

While this is beautiful and all, how the hell are people going to speed through that. Hopefully it's at only certain times of day.

Drive right down the middle, easy as piss.

Cyfa
  • Cyfa

Paid In Full

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:20 AM

I cannot believe I'm getting hyped for this game for the second time.

• Doland J. Trump, theGTAking101 and fefenc like this

Antaxi
  • Antaxi

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:30 AM

The tachometer moves, so hopefully we'll get a detailed cockpit view with a functioning dashboard, including an accurate speedometer.

Would be nice to cruise along the Senora Fwy while looking left & right at the beautiful "new" scenery.

e5h0uIU.gif

EDIT.  

There is also a message on the central dashboard screen.

"____  ____ to turn on" is all I can make out, but if someone out there can read it, I'd love to know what it says.  

Could be a clue to some other new feature.

cJNRzG5.png

0068953326.png

cockpit view will added 

Karoi
  • Karoi

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:50 AM

I wish they showed some North Yankton stuff. Or new physics and damage stuff.

• theGTAking101 likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:52 AM

It's a re-release, not a remake. Everyone stop building your hopes up or I'll have to sit through months of pissing and moaning about things not being there that we were never told were going to be there. 

• kj2022, Mintal and Trevorphilipjfry like this

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:55 AM

One thing I hope we get is more traffic.  Yes, I hate having traffic all over the place during chases, but LS seems so dead at times on the road. 

dXnB4V1.gif
x5BGwcu.gif

While this is beautiful and all, how the hell are people going to speed through that. Hopefully it's at only certain times of day.

Drive right down the middle, easy as piss.

Maybe on the enhanced version, it will be like SA mobile where you can switch the traffic density. It will probably be something like classic and realistic, with classic being the traffic last gen consoles had, and realistic being like what we saw in the trailer.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:09 AM

I feel like I bought an incomplete game at this point :bored:

I wouldn't---what they did with the 360 and PS3 is nothing short of incredible, in my eyes.
Exactly, to all the butthurt people, you couldn't really expect GTA V to NOT come to new consoles, like it was a 100 % chance of it happening, if you thought otherwise you don't understand how businesses work. I posted the same logic in the NG PC thread back a few months ago. If you're sad you bought it and now you feel that you've been ripped off seeing the NG/PC versions, I sort of, and I mean sort of, like 5% agree, that you have the right to feel that way. But you have to realize the game surpasses what the old hardware could handle.

But in all actuality, go boot up GTA V and tell me that it's not one of the best looking and playing open world games released last gen, or think of that first moment you put the game in your console and felt like rockstar totally used every and all aspects of the older hardware to produce a game on its level. The point here is that they made the best game they could afford to squeeze on the old hardware, sure things were cut and diced down from the "real" version that is the PC/NG version but it's what had to be done to let the game be playable for the old systems.

Also, to the people that said they should have just waited and released the newer version when it was ready instead of "forcing" the old version out, it goes back to how businesses work. They had an obligation to the company's shareholders to produce a game and X amount of dollars for TakeTwo and it's own investors. Sure, a little messed up, but it's the real world and that's how it works.
And we should remember without the Historic Success of V on PS3/XB360 the Next-Gen Remake would never be possible or exist.

(I added a bit more for you,the last line) with that said,Great Comment bro :^:
  • I SHADOWFOX I likes this

Trevorphilipjfry
  • Trevorphilipjfry

Sandy Shores surfer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:38 AM

Really wish I could get this for the xbox one, that in planning on getting in the future. Bit will have to wait a year or two.
But for us peasants, don't worry. Big game mechanics and new stuff will hit last gen consoles as well with the SP DLC. so theres something for us lot too watch out for.

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

Night Light OutlawS MC President

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:15 AM

Yeah I know,

I was surprised that they weren't there. However, I now know why they aren't there, and there is a pretty good reason :p

Add ons. flies away.

Okay OT:

I am getting hyped for this game for the second time. That has never happened before. Well done R*, well done.

TORO Y MOI
  • TORO Y MOI

Lord

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:18 AM

I'm loving the detail when you look at things close up, that was Last Gens fall back, things looks good far away but ugly up close!

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:26 AM

One thing I learnt earlier on with this forum. Don't try to make people think rationally or use common sense. Ain't gonna work. 

This place is full of little kids or old immature nerds who like to complain and don't appreciate the hardwork that rockstar does to give us these great products.

El Chinx Ántrax is my hero ツ

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:34 AM

I would not believe any trailers R* create because it looks nothing different from the original smoke in mirrors trailers for old consoles. The game will only look better and remain the same. Woah, sharks, like anyone f*cks with the ocean it's useless.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users