so this game was a BETA after all...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
174 replies to this topic
AgentExeider
  • AgentExeider

Secret Agent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:07 PM Edited by AgentExeider, 10 June 2014 - 04:12 PM.

Heists on PS4/XB1/PC only. Bet.

I'd take that bet, if I weren't sure that I'd definitely lose.

And honestly, I see them being delayed on those, too.
In which case, Now R* would be guilty of false advertising and bait and switch.

And liable to a class action lawsuit.
How so? Did they mention that the heists would be specifically for PS3/360 first? ...Or did they just give a release date, which can be pushed back indefinitely with the promise to release in the future (PS4/XB1/PC release)?
Oh Jesus Christ , your actually trying to make the argument. Seriously can you not admit to your self that you were lied to and ripped off??

You're going to sit there and make more excuses for R*??

Here's how so, the launch trailer had the Xbox 360 and ps3 logos and it was sold for those systems only. And unless they are going to give you a free copy for xbox one or ps4, it's bait and switch. Because the financial liability is that I will now now have to buy another copy of the game and console to continue to play.

Do you honestly think r* is.going to content support 4 versions of the game?? Because if you do your crazy.
  • 7REW7 likes this

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:16 PM

:cry: I already know my current computer can't handle this game. I'm good all the way up to and including seventh generation games. 

The specs could possibly be quad core (if not 8 core) processor, 8+gb ram, Dx11 compatible graphics card with 2gb (or more) memory.... and I have none of that, not even close.  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

I have yet to see a game that requires more than 6 gb ram. Just an educated guess based on GTA 4, console hardware and recent similar games.

Processor: Probably a quad core around 2.50 to 3.00 ghz
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 or higher with DirectX 10 or 11 and Video ram of 1 or 2 GB.
Don't know enough of AMD hardware to guess their side.

DJ Kornphlake
  • DJ Kornphlake

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:17 PM Edited by DJ Kornphlake, 10 June 2014 - 04:21 PM.

Why is everyone assuming Rockstar is going to abandon the ps3/360? The game has sold 3 times as many copies as the ps4/xbone consoles sales combined. You honestly believe they're going to neglect the vast majority of the player base for prettier graphics?

• We Are Ninja likes this

PsychoGamer
  • PsychoGamer

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Eritrea

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:20 PM Edited by PsychoGamer, 10 June 2014 - 04:21 PM.

Am i the only one pissed? I will not buy the game again, and pay monthly for some damn bugs, glitches & freezes, and i neither want empty servers, and missing content like new islands. Lose/Lose Situation for me, Win/Win for R*. Too bad Watch Dogs is no competition.

Good news for you. You don't have to buy the game. They still profit from supporting last generation. It is still the same engine so updates for current gen take no or little effort to port to last gen, same goes vice versa. Population won't have a noticeable drop considering the large amount of players that own it, don't own a current gen console, won't buy it again, prefer staying with friends. New island or any new content is not missing content. Missing content would need to be missing so things they promised but don't deliver. That would be heist if they don't release them in the coming week when spring ends since they were announced for spring.

So? Whats your point? I've already bought GTA V.

Why is everyone assuming Rockstar is going to abandon the ps3/360? The game has sold 3 times as many copies as the ps4/xbone consoles sales combined. You honestly believe they're going to neglect the vast majority of the player base for prettier graphics?

Exactly that i belive. R* wouldn't make $$$ otherwise. 

AgentExeider
  • AgentExeider

Secret Agent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:27 PM

Because that is exactly what us going to happen. They will finish whatever content is slated for the last gen, and then start making content ONLY for the new gen. In which case you will have to upgrade to get access to the newer stuff.
  • manicmechanic71 likes this

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:27 PM

Am i the only one pissed? I will not buy the game again, and pay monthly for some damn bugs, glitches & freezes, and i neither want empty servers, and missing content like new islands. Lose/Lose Situation for me, Win/Win for R*. Too bad Watch Dogs is no competition.

Good news for you. You don't have to buy the game. They still profit from supporting last generation. It is still the same engine so updates for current gen take no or little effort to port to last gen, same goes vice versa. Population won't have a noticeable drop considering the large amount of players that own it, don't own a current gen console, won't buy it again, prefer staying with friends. New island or any new content is not missing content. Missing content would need to be missing so things they promised but don't deliver. That would be heist if they don't release them in the coming week when spring ends since they were announced for spring.

That you have 0 reason to be mad.

DJ Kornphlake
  • DJ Kornphlake

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:29 PM

Because that is exactly what us going to happen. They will finish whatever content is slated for the last gen, and then start making content ONLY for the new gen. In which case you will have to upgrade to get access to the newer stuff.

Is that when you're going to start your class action suit against them?

raggingmonkey
  • raggingmonkey

Sarcastic Idiot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:47 PM

So that'll be the end of GTA O for those of us who can't afford a next gen console.

F**king great, thanks a lot Rockstar(!)

Chill bro, at least your still getting the game geez.

It'll be pretty pointless once it's out on next gen.  You think lobbies are empty now?

Most of the fanbase will still play on last gen so the empty lobbies are going to be a problem for people who buy the game again.

I would agree if this was 6 months ago.  Think of all the content we'll miss on 360 and PS3 though.

Think about the $400 we have to spend to buy the PS4/XB1. im not gonna spend that kinda money for GTA V on next Gen.

ChillerVapes
  • ChillerVapes

Wondering aimlessly in a cloud, look up high n I'll be found

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:03 PM

So, if this game as it currently stands, is actually a beta, how do you think we stand as consumers at suing Rockstar for miss leading / false advertising and / or selling a product which is still in development as a fully functional product?

Content is missing from this game which was advertised as in the game before launch and it is clear it was never sold as a beta version.

With Grand Tourismo for PS3, they brought out a Prologue which was basically the demo / beta version and everyone was aware of this.
GTA V was sold at full price (in comparison to other new titles) and only now they have come out to say this was a beta after making BILLIONS.

DJ Kornphlake
  • DJ Kornphlake

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:51 PM

Exactly where did they state this was a beta? The only people I've ever seen throw that word around don't seem to even know what the word means.

• R4gN0r0K and Xyn like this

Xyn
  • Xyn

Wɇ Diɇ Alonɇ

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Respected 2014

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:01 PM

Exactly where did they state this was a beta? 

In their own little worlds were the sun shines solely on them everyday....

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:06 PM

Yeah well, that sounds pretty much like R* logic, they like giving the finger to their fanbase just to please random yoloswags.

ChillerVapes
  • ChillerVapes

Wondering aimlessly in a cloud, look up high n I'll be found

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:10 PM

Exactly where did they state this was a beta? The only people I've ever seen throw that word around don't seem to even know what the word means.

Reading one of the other topics similar to this, someone believes that to define a beta it doesn't have a start, middle and end and that the version number does not start with a 1 e.g v1.0

A beta is something which is near complete but lacks some functionality and may still have bugs although it is deemed stable enough to be released to the public for "beta testing"
Version numbers and having a start middle and end have nothing to do with it.

GTA V is by definition, a beta.

content has been greatly watered down from what we know "should" be in the game.
  • Ninja_Gear likes this

DJ Kornphlake
  • DJ Kornphlake

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:10 PM

giphy.gif

customkingpimp
  • customkingpimp

Functioning alcoholic

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:14 PM

They are not going to abandon ps3/360 version of this game, some of you are idiots. 

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:14 PM

Think about it...

PS3 and 360 the steering wheels don't even turn. Car speeds are capped because even at the current abilities the buildings and roads disappear.

This game is complete junk if you really look at it. And now all attention will be put on X1/PS4 and PC players will mod the game to be incredible and meanwhile, hose of us who already bought the game, out $60 goes to these new versions.

I think I'm going to send my copy to Rockstar and request they shove it up their collective asses.

PsychoGamer
  • PsychoGamer

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Eritrea

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:27 PM Edited by PsychoGamer, 10 June 2014 - 07:27 PM.

OK, I'll sell you some BluRay for $60, and nooo, there will not be a modified version of it! Then it's buggy as hell, no promises kept, and voila. Not even one year later, there will be a superior BluRay for the same price, which leaves the older versions in dust. I have 1000 reasons to be mad at R*. It was the last time they got my $$$. I did care about SP DLC, but nothing is out yet, instead 'we' get V on NG. Great... not a single cent you'll get from me R*. Maybe I'll pirate the PC copy someday.

H8GodMode
  • H8GodMode

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:36 PM Edited by H8GodMode, 10 June 2014 - 07:37 PM.

yup. i said the same thing this morning. i say this much.. im not some gamer who plays tons of games... but when i got this game i was just blown away by it. i can only imagine how amazing its gonna be in its intended entirety...

OK, I'll sell you some BluRay for $60, and nooo, there will not be a modified version of it! Then it's buggy as hell, no promises kept, and voila. Not even one year later, there will be a superior BluRay for the same price, which leaves the older versions in dust. I have 1000 reasons to be mad at R*. It was the last time they got my $$$. I did care about SP DLC, but nothing is out yet, instead 'we' get V on NG. Great... not a single cent you'll get from me R*. Maybe I'll pirate the PC copy someday.

anyone bitching about the 60$ is obv a broke teen begging mother for the credit card to get a gold membership on xbox...

stop crying u broke bitches...

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:45 PM Edited by Black Rabbit, 10 June 2014 - 07:46 PM.

How does redefined graphics on a newer console port make GTAV on PS3 a beta? 

You people are f*cking crazy. You will literally grasp at anything that allows you to bitch. 

You know what's a beta? The content creator. I know this because it says it's a beta. 

• R4gN0r0K and DJ Kornphlake like this

H8GodMode
  • H8GodMode

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:46 PM Edited by H8GodMode, 10 June 2014 - 07:47 PM.

You people are f*cking crazy. You will literally grasp at anything that allows you to bitch. 

gta online...

noun
noun: beta test; plural noun: beta tests
  1. 1.
    a trial of machinery, software, or other products, in the final stages of its development, carried out by a party unconnected with its development

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:49 PM

Well at least some of you are smart enough to be a tad pissed off. They had us pay full price for a game that was basically in beta, had us test it for them, tried to and successfully got some of us to buy cash cards for an incomplete game, and now that they have seen what works and doesn't work while also making tons of money, they plan to release the game on next gen and some of you are not only okay with that, but are chomping at the bits to shell out more money for another copy of the game.

Lol. Gotta give rockstar props.

Oh and don't try to justify buying cash cards because the save data transfers, that's missing the point entirely. 

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:49 PM

gta online...

Where do they say that online is going to be any different than also have the improved graphics and more traffic? 

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:50 PM

They sold you a product and you bought it. The only thing you are entitled to is a game that works and meets advertising. You do have a reason to demand heists but we will see in the remaining days. Should car owners protest every time a new model comes out? Should phone companies be assaulted every time a new one is made?
  • DJ Kornphlake likes this

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Supposed Contrarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:52 PM

If I could THUMBS UP this five or six times, I would.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:05 PM

This fanbase is impossible to please.

If Rockstar made GTA V for current gen systems with the same specs/detail as what was in the original trailers, or what we will be getting with the next gen versions, then the game would be completely unplayable and everyone would be bitching about low framerates and lag.

If you cant comprehend the astonishing way rockstar squeezed every last drop out of the current gen hardware, and pushed the systems to a place that some next gen games failed to even reach :::cough Watchdogs cough:::, then you have no idea what you are talking about.

We all wanted GTA V to eventually come to next gen/PC and we are finally getting it. Stop finding ways to retrospectively bitch about something that we should all be happy about. The only people who have any merit in being upset are the PC players, since they got no GTA V at all, rather than the best possible GTA V given the current limitations.

/rant

• Deji, DJ Kornphlake and Epsilon_Program like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users