• None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:43 AM

back to GTA IV

Feurian42
  • Feurian42

GTA WORLD POLICE

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:53 AM

Increased traffic. Hell yeah. Now it won't feel like a barren ghost town.

They can keep the extra traffic, every time I go back to single player to fart around I am quickly reminded how much harder it is to get around town at high speed. Really hope they don't include the eject-yourself-through-windshield thing online. I will never make it 5 blocks. But then again, running from the cops on a bike through all that congestion would be fun.
  • A Maned Wolf likes this

Bishop Nehru
  • Bishop Nehru

ケビンせんぱい

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:56 AM

They finally gave the cars full 3D interiors, asshole move.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

It's been a ride

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:57 AM Edited by saintsrow, 10 June 2014 - 05:03 AM.

Doubtful this is only still in 'beta'. Maybe the game was being made in the midst of learning of Nextgen and decided to keep many things out, but they still made a billion dollars in 2 days.

Thats pretty damn good for a beta.

It was $2B windfall for Riockstar.  It was beta for us.   :/

But I don't see why it won't still be beta in the fall.  

EDIT:  

All it takes is an actual announcement from Rockstar to make us all act like giddy little schoolgirls all over again.  Seems like the announcements make us happier than the actual product.  Maybe Rockstar should just keep making announcements and we will  be happy forevermore.   :p

@Wanes -  The real question is, will next gen have enough processing power to render realistic nipples?  That will be the real test.   :turn:

• shadyelf, Deadlyz and Shake 'N Bake like this

AgentExeider
  • AgentExeider

Secret Agent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:07 AM Edited by AgentExeider, 10 June 2014 - 05:08 AM.

Heists on PS4/XB1/PC only. Bet.

I'd take that bet, if I weren't sure that I'd definitely lose.

And honestly, I see them being delayed on those, too.
In which case, Now R* would be guilty of false advertising and bait and switch.

And liable to a class action lawsuit.

Kaber
  • Kaber

The Devil

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:10 AM

They needed to model player behavior and economics before they would risk it on the new gen consoles. Hey, network hacks... Better fix those too.

Euphorica
  • Euphorica

Philosopher

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:31 AM

Well that was a clever way to rip people off. Get em' hooked, release an even better looking version and have them pre-order and pay for the game again.

AlienOne
  • AlienOne

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:32 AM Edited by AlienOne, 10 June 2014 - 05:35 AM.

Well that was a clever way to rip people off. Get em' hooked, release an even better looking version and have them pre-order and pay for the game again.

I'm preordering and I don't even have a ps4
  • Feurian42 and Chorizombie like this

Fennimoe
  • Fennimoe

Most Known Unknown

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:44 AM

Heists on PS4/XB1/PC only. Bet.

I'd take that bet, if I weren't sure that I'd definitely lose.

And honestly, I see them being delayed on those, too.
In which case, Now R* would be guilty of false advertising and bait and switch.

And liable to a class action lawsuit.

How so? Did they mention that the heists would be specifically for PS3/360 first? ...Or did they just give a release date, which can be pushed back indefinitely with the promise to release in the future (PS4/XB1/PC release)?

SAVILLAIN
  • SAVILLAIN

ha ha ha

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:55 AM

I'm preordering and I don't even have a ps4

RaceKingX
  • RaceKingX

Here he comes... and there he goes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:55 AM

I wouldn't call it getting ripped off. After all, I bought the collectors edition, and I've had way more fun than the money I spent for it should allow. I've literally never had more fun with a game. So I look at the new releases as refinement of a game that I adore.
  • Feurian42 likes this

Euphorica
  • Euphorica

Philosopher

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:12 AM

I wouldn't call it getting ripped off. After all, I bought the collectors edition, and I've had way more fun than the money I spent for it should allow. I've literally never had more fun with a game. So I look at the new releases as refinement of a game that I adore.

I was looking at it from a business perspective only, not taking into consideration any personal emotions. With Battlefield 4 you could upgrade to PS4 for 9.99 $ if you had pre-ordered the game on PS3.

That's significantly less than buying the game again. Usually when you buy a beta version of a game you get a deduction off the retail version once it's released. I'm not saying that GTAO is a beta but on current gen you get a polished version of the same game and you have to pay full price for it again. I just find it interesting that they decided to take that route.

RaceKingX
  • RaceKingX

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:14 AM

I was looking at it from a business perspective only, not taking into consideration any personal emotions. With Battlefield 4 you could upgrade to PS4 for 9.99 $ if you had pre-ordered the game on PS3.
That's significantly less than buying the game again. Usually when you buy a beta version of a game you get a deduction off the retail version once it's released. I'm not saying that GTAO is a beta but on current gen you get a polished version of the same game and you have to pay full price for it again. I just find it interesting that they decided to take that route.

Well of course there's still the possibility that they may do a trade in much like those other games, which is what I'm hoping for.

elfoam
  • elfoam

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:15 AM

PS4 come at me. The PC version will be full of UFOs and teleporting god mode freaks from day one so I hope we aren't all playing together on the same servers.
  • SAVILLAIN and Feurian42 like this

sharpshooter_08
  • sharpshooter_08

Eroding...Eroding..ewwwee This is Bruce Nolan back to you f*cker

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:20 AM

i feel like i have been used by R* in a way. I dont feel like i am the only one that sort feels this way. So if i want to fully enjoy the game for what it was ment to be i have to get a damn xbox one now ? That gives me a bad vibe just like what turn 10 did Stoped me from geting an xbox one and geting forza 5 , b/c the way they treat there customers.

• Sprue, lilpokerface and kdub like this

Euphorica
  • Euphorica

Philosopher

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:23 AM

Well of course there's still the possibility that they may do a trade in much like those other games, which is what I'm hoping for.

Will you pre-order or lay low and wait and see how everything turns out after release? I'm thinking it be best to lay low for a while considering how the launch went last time.

Feurian42
  • Feurian42

GTA WORLD POLICE

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:24 AM Edited by Feurian42, 10 June 2014 - 06:25 AM.

i feel like i have been used by R* in a way. I dont feel like i am the only one that sort feels this way. So if i want to fully enjoy the game for what it was ment to be i have to get a damn xbox one now ? That gives me a bad vibe just like what turn 10 did Stoped me from geting an xbox one and geting forza 5 , b/c the way they treat there customers.

How in the hell can you feel used? HOW? They put everything they could into the pS3/360 version. Ever think that they are doing extra on PS4,XB1 is because the systems are more capable? What would you rather have, the exact same game? You were not ripped off, maybe you just like feeling like a victim, or maybe your overly negative all the time. But you surely were not ripped off or deceived. You can play the version you have now if you want, or you could stop whining and get the new version and enjoy a better game.
  • kdub likes this

RaceKingX
  • RaceKingX

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:27 AM

Will you pre-order or lay low and wait and see how everything turns out after release? I'm thinking it be best to lay low for a while considering how the launch went last time.

I want to say I'll wait a while, but since I'm a collector, if they do another special or collectors edition, I'll have to get it preordered.

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

Car Collector and Pegassi CEO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:28 AM

My question is is I would love to play on next gen but if I transfer my online character to xbone would I be able to play on both systems as some friends may still not have an xbone

Feurian42
  • Feurian42

GTA WORLD POLICE

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:30 AM

My question is is I would love to play on next gen but if I transfer my online character to xbone would I be able to play on both systems as some friends may still not have an xbone

TBH I would ask R* support. In theory you should be able to but just to be sure, get it from the horses mouth.

Tabula Rasa
  • Tabula Rasa

Don't get me wet! Ladies please..4 at a time.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:32 AM Edited by Tabula Rasa, 10 June 2014 - 06:34 AM.

^yY55O.gifJust don't bite the hand that feeds you.

• GR Choke likes this

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:32 AM

TBH I would ask R* support. In theory you should be able to but just to be sure, get it from the horses mouth.
Well obviously I would ask rockstar when it gets closer. I doubt they know now how it works. It would piss me off though if I linked my gta online x360 char to my xbone and couldnt go back and forth.

sharpshooter_08
  • sharpshooter_08

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:39 AM

How in the hell can you feel used? HOW? They put everything they could into the pS3/360 version. Ever think that they are doing extra on PS4,XB1 is because the systems are more capable? What would you rather have, the exact same game? You were not ripped off, maybe you just like feeling like a victim, or maybe your overly negative all the time. But you surely were not ripped off or deceived. You can play the version you have now if you want, or you could stop whining and get the new version and enjoy a better game.

Look here there is no need for you to even try to get personal about this lets get that clear right now. No internet tuff guy act will get your point across by trying to attack my character as a person.. ok. The main reason why i feel this way is there is nosorta discount for the same game on an other console, And secondly R* useing all of us as beta testers so they can make a better version with holding information about that, Makes me feel used sorry that is the way ( i ) feel. You can try to justify yourself by talking down to me but that is simply the way i feel.

Euphorica
  • Euphorica

Philosopher

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:41 AM Edited by Euphorica, 10 June 2014 - 06:41 AM.

It's all business I'm afraid. But If you think about it you know you could have seen it coming though. A game of this magnitude was sure to see a release on current gen and undoubtedly Rockstar planned for this all along. And now they can make another billion off the same game. If anything I think they should let us get away with an upgrade fee but right now it seems you'll have to pay full retail price again.

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:44 AM

In a true beta you would be reset before public release. GTA online on old consoles isnt really a beta. Its a finished product. Just that the xbone ps4 and pc versions will be of better quality.

sharpshooter_08
  • sharpshooter_08

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:44 AM

It's all business I'm afraid. But If you think about it you know you could have seen it coming though. A game of this magnitude was sure to see a release on current gen and undoubtedly Rockstar planned for this all along. And now they can make another billion off the same game. If anything I think they should let us get away with an upgrade fee but right now it seems you'll have to pay full retail price again.

from a Business stand point yes i totally understand where you are coming from. maybe ur right i should have seen it coming. Just my personal feelings about it make it sit un easy in my tummy lol. but yes when i can will i break down and get a new xbox just to play it i might time will tell.

Euphorica
  • Euphorica

Philosopher

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:52 AM

from a Business stand point yes i totally understand where you are coming from. maybe ur right i should have seen it coming. Just my personal feelings about it make it sit un easy in my tummy lol. but yes when i can will i break down and get a new xbox just to play it i might time will tell.

I share that feeling. Though we have to wait and see how it unfolds I guess.

Feurian42
  • Feurian42

GTA WORLD POLICE

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:56 AM

Look here there is no need for you to even try to get personal about this lets get that clear right now. No internet tuff guy act will get your point across by trying to attack my character as a person.. ok. The main reason why i feel this way is there is nosorta discount for the same game on an other console, And secondly R* useing all of us as beta testers so they can make a better version with holding information about that, Makes me feel used sorry that is the way ( i ) feel. You can try to justify yourself by talking down to me but that is simply the way i feel.

Wasn't pulling a internet bully stunt, and you want to talk about attacking character. Maybe you should put on a thicker skin if that's what it takes to bind you up. You are guessing on price and being used as beta testers. Simply looking at what you have wrote you sound like a victim and have no reason to feel that way. Like I said, you have not been mislead, ripped off, or anything of the sort. hell the fact that you want to paint this as you being attacked is proof you like being the victim. All your assumptions about me and Rockstar are false.

Choppers
  • Choppers

Nani sore!?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:58 AM

GTA 5 Was a beta?

Can someone fill me in? 

PoopyThomas
  • PoopyThomas

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:07 AM

If it was a Beta, it was quite an experience and totally worth buying a PS3 and GTA V to play.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users