Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA V coming to PS4, XBOX ONE AND PC this fall!

586 replies to this topic
pedinhuh
  • pedinhuh

Playa

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:02 PM

This was probably already discussed, but I don't feel like sifting through 17 pages.

Do you think Rockstar will be nice enough to let the PS3/PS4 and 360/Xbox1 share the same servers? It is possible, considering that Square Enix did it with A Realm Reborn.

No chance in hell. You know how much chaos it would be?

Can't be any worse than now.
True, i just don't see it happening though. Think of all the glitches that could happen or how mods are popping up a lot on ps3/360

The PS4 isn't invincible when it comes to those things, though, either.
Also how would the new details on next gen gta, load up on ps3/360? Or how would *exclusive next gen dlc* load aswell?

It'd be too much confusion for r* to handle all together

Like I said, Square Enix made it possible, Rockstar could as well.

That would be total bullsh*t and obviously can't and won't happen.

You can't say it's not possible when another company has already proved it is possible to do and without ruining anything in the game.

But this conversation is going to go nowhere, because some can't handle having it without giving the impression that they are upset or thinking the game would be ruined. I was hoping for someone to be happy that there could be a possibility that they could still interact with non-PS4 players in GTAO.

I am, but as long as those interactions are only for PS3 with PS4 and X360 with X1, PC having it's own separated servers.
It could work, plus it would gives us Current-gen players more people to have fun(or not) with online.
But you guys  would need to keep in mind that sessions would be limited to 16 players for next gen players. that could be issue, unless there would be a option to choose(if you're playing on next gen console) if you want to play with current gen consoles.

Il-Shadow
  • Il-Shadow

Pirate Gamer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:02 AM

This was probably already discussed, but I don't feel like sifting through 17 pages.

Do you think Rockstar will be nice enough to let the PS3/PS4 and 360/Xbox1 share the same servers? It is possible, considering that Square Enix did it with A Realm Reborn.

No chance in hell. You know how much chaos it would be?

Can't be any worse than now.
True, i just don't see it happening though. Think of all the glitches that could happen or how mods are popping up a lot on ps3/360

The PS4 isn't invincible when it comes to those things, though, either.
Also how would the new details on next gen gta, load up on ps3/360? Or how would *exclusive next gen dlc* load aswell?

It'd be too much confusion for r* to handle all together

Like I said, Square Enix made it possible, Rockstar could as well.

That would be total bullsh*t and obviously can't and won't happen.

You can't say it's not possible when another company has already proved it is possible to do and without ruining anything in the game.

But this conversation is going to go nowhere, because some can't handle having it without giving the impression that they are upset or thinking the game would be ruined. I was hoping for someone to be happy that there could be a possibility that they could still interact with non-PS4 players in GTAO.

I am, but as long as those interactions are only for PS3 with PS4 and X360 with X1, PC having it's own separated servers.
It could work, plus it would gives us Current-gen players more people to have fun(or not) with online.
But you guys  would need to keep in mind that sessions would be limited to 16 players for next gen players. that could be issue, unless there would be a option to choose(if you're playing on next gen console) if you want to play with current gen consoles.

Lol you keep your 360, i want my Xbone gaming kept separate from you lower graphiced swine. But seriously there is 0 point in mixing the two generations as it would make it pointless to port over. You would be intentionally limitingthe Xbox one suer jsut so the 360 player can still feel relevant.

Remote Six
  • Remote Six

I am Quantum

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:28 AM

Lol you keep your 360, i want my Xbone gaming kept separate from you lower graphiced swine. But seriously there is 0 point in mixing the two generations as it would make it pointless to port over. You would be intentionally limitingthe Xbox one suer jsut so the 360 player can still feel relevant.

Come on man. There is no need to be like that. The 360 and its players are still relevant members of the Xbox family. I have both a 360 and an XB1 and I use them both. We all have to stand together against the subhuman playstation filth.

Also, "graphiced" isnt a word.

JonRenemy
  • JonRenemy

Greater Than Great

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:39 PM

For all the f*ckups and issues I can see with graphics, this definitely won't happen. Seperate servers, and almost certainly an entirely new set of glitches to begin with.

I've absolutely no idea if it's been covered properly yet, but does anyone else feel like once we migrate our profiles to another platform, we're gonna lose the ability to game on the older one?? That kinda seems like what they're saying.

They keep saying transfer this and transfer that..... otherwise they'd just say "ability to use your profile on the new consoles and PC"

Hmmmmmm.... its a pain because I want to be able to play on 360 sometimes too

• vG LadyMac16 likes this

KingReflex
  • KingReflex

Veteran Fighter Pilot and Wall Glitcher

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:48 PM

For all the f*ckups and issues I can see with graphics, this definitely won't happen. Seperate servers, and almost certainly an entirely new set of glitches to begin with.

I've absolutely no idea if it's been covered properly yet, but does anyone else feel like once we migrate our profiles to another platform, we're gonna lose the ability to game on the older one?? That kinda seems like what they're saying.

They keep saying transfer this and transfer that..... otherwise they'd just say "ability to use your profile on the new consoles and PC"

Hmmmmmm.... its a pain because I want to be able to play on 360 sometimes too

Thats a good eye. They always seem to pick their words carefully, the developers.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:22 AM

most people are never going to play their old console after they transfer to the new one.  I know I sure wont, why would you even want too?  how many times did you play your ps2 after you bought your ps3?  I played it probably twice and then never looked back again.

• TomKongPhooey likes this

MrManBuz
  • MrManBuz

Men become demons

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:22 AM

We all have to stand together against the subhuman playstation filth.

You really do deserve a slap for that. I mean seriously, get a grip.

• TomKongPhooey likes this

Radius95
  • Radius95

Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:54 AM Edited by Radius95, 21 June 2014 - 08:57 AM.

We all have to stand together against the subhuman playstation filth.

You really do deserve a slap for that. I mean seriously, get a grip.
As the old greeks used to say " a fanboy will always be hurt in the butt"

EDIT; Remote six is the butthurt fanboy who would pay 500 bucks for a xbox one while the ps4 is 400

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:19 AM

so if I have special edition for 360....will I keep the extra stuff for ps4?

YogurtStorm
  • YogurtStorm

Thug

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 June 2014 - 10:23 AM

It would be inexcusable to say no, I'm certain Rockstar thinks of these things.

FRAIZER
  • FRAIZER

Made in the '80s

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA Online]

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:47 AM

It would be inexcusable to say no, I'm certain Rockstar thinks of these things.

The code you put in for the Special Edition content is not saved on the cloud. It is saved on the hard drive.

I will explain: I got the special edition when it launched, put in the code for the special edition content. Back in February I had to get a new 360 cause my old one sh*t out, when I downloaded my GT in the new console I launched GTAO, I retained the special edition weapons in my inventory but I could not customize them because they were not on the wall at Ammunation. So I had to go to my download history on the 360 and re-download the special edition content before they showed up at Ammunation. The same thing with the 'Blimp code'. Then it was fine.

The code was for 360 though, so if you are making the jump to the One or PS4 you might have the weapons in your inventory, but they won't show up at Ammunation to customize because you can't access your 360 download history on the One and certainly can't on PSN.

I imagine the collectors edition content will work the same way, where you wouldn't be able to order the CE cars in the game. But I can't confirm that.

This is why I think all of that digital content will be included in the new gen versions of the game. That would be the only way to not screw people that bought those editions of the game out of having access to the content they bought.

beavisandbutthead89
  • beavisandbutthead89

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:31 PM

Now that GTA V is coming for nextgen, this kind of means that GTA Online is not the exatcly a 'beta' for a separate MMO GTA that I thought it was, doesn't it?

Fox2Quick
  • Fox2Quick

Foxmaster Flex

• Members

Posted 21 June 2014 - 10:10 PM

Now that GTA V is coming for nextgen, this kind of means that GTA Online is not the exatcly a 'beta' for a separate MMO GTA that I thought it was, doesn't it?

How many betas have you played where you had to pay for content in it? Not trying to sound degrading, I'm actually asking. That doesn't seem like something anyone would do. I mean isn't that pointless if you have switch to another version?

beavisandbutthead89
  • beavisandbutthead89

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 June 2014 - 01:38 PM

How many betas have you played where you had to pay for content in it? Not trying to sound degrading, I'm actually asking. That doesn't seem like something anyone would do. I mean isn't that pointless if you have switch to another version?

Do your eyes work? Do you see the quote, unquote around the word beta?

I and many others got the impression that GTA online was a sort testbed for a nextgen MMO GTA, while still being an MP part of GTA V in its own right, but judging by the PS4/XB1 trailer and details, which looks like it is slightly more than a port, GTA Online might actually be the MMO GTA.

Pete4000uk
  • Pete4000uk

Prankster

• Members

Posted 22 June 2014 - 05:40 PM

Do turtle beach p11's work with the ps4?
Also, while its all speculation, what if the online aspect of gtav on the new sisters are backed down so that we all stay in the same/ currant lobbies?

spidey1234
  • spidey1234

Everything happens for a reason.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 June 2014 - 05:55 PM

Will they put it up for pre order on the psn store?

Pitch~Black
  • Pitch~Black

Peon

• Members

Posted 22 June 2014 - 09:24 PM

I haven't been by here in a while and stopped playing GTAO quite a while ago, but just wanted to throw out my two cents. The fact is that it is pretty illogical to think that, since the 360/ps3 versions are seperated by a mere year from the XB1, PS4 and PC versions, that there was anything spontaneous about it. Clearly the decision to seperate the releases was premeditated and R* knew well before the original version was even released that there would be a delayed second version. The question is, why? I think the answer is obvious to everyone. The 360/ps4 version was indeed a "beta" for the fuller, more polished current gen and PC versions. Personally, I'm not as upset by this as some might be. I actually think it was rather smart. However, the lack of transparency about it from R* is not appreciated. Generally, companies don't charge their customers full price to test their products for them, and although many may say otherwise (including R*), that is essentially what the current version is and continues to be. I think the vast majority of GTA fans (myself included) would have bought the game even knowing this, honestly; but it's not hard for me to understand why someone who thinks a little bit about R*'s decisions might be a bit ticked off by them. This is a video game, not a new car that you can expect to have a newer, upgraded, and full price version of the same thing the following year. However, the up-side is that the new version of the game (the online version) ought to be mind-blowingly good concidering everyone has been testing it for them with their full-priced beta version. And anyone who has commented that "it feels like a fully finished game" clearly wasn't around for GTAO's start up weeks, nor for the "billions for everyone (whether you want it or not)" end of the year fiasco.

Fox2Quick
  • Fox2Quick

Foxmaster Flex

• Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:48 PM Edited by Fox2Quick, 23 June 2014 - 12:51 PM.

Do your eyes work? Do you see the quote, unquote around the word beta?

I and many others got the impression that GTA online was a sort testbed for a nextgen MMO GTA, while still being an MP part of GTA V in its own right, but judging by the PS4/XB1 trailer and details, which looks like it is slightly more than a port, GTA Online might actually be the MMO GTA.

Way to look like a dick. I asked a question and not only did you not answer it but asked me if I read what you wrote which I obviously did if I quoted it. Talk about being an idiotic hypocrite.

Daniel123Shaw123
  • Daniel123Shaw123

Some Random

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:52 PM

Really don't understand why everyone is excited for this, you're gonna pay £40 for new graphics? Wow, if you don't have GTA V then sure, buy it straight away.

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:17 PM

Really don't understand why everyone is excited for this, you're gonna pay £40 for new graphics? Wow, if you don't have GTA V then sure, buy it straight away.

Graphics aren't normally a selling point for me, but man, I just want to play without the sketchy shadows everywhere. I want to drive the submarine on the water surface without fps dropping to 5. I want the countryside not to look fake. Idk it just seems like it will be worth it.

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:24 PM

Not only graphics, but better performance and features. It's not always about graphics.
  • killthelightz likes this

Remote Six
  • Remote Six

I am Quantum

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:24 AM

When I bought my XB1 in February I told myself I would keep my 360 only until they release GTA on XB1. I have known all along that I would be buying it when it releases. I would not care if it had absolutely zero upgrades - I would still buy it on principle alone. The money does not concern me at all.

boron5
  • boron5

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:42 AM

I don't have the patience to read this entire thread to see if someone mentioned it already, but they had better increase the draw distances for other players. Right now sniping from any considerable distance is a waste of time, because you can't see anyone through the scope that's more than about two blocks away. I don't know if they do this to limit griefing (puhhlease) or because of technical limitations (more likely), but it's really annoying.

Also, fun fact, if you are high up on a building trying to snipe people below you, you won't be able to see them, but they can see you. True story. Less things to populate looking upwards I guess.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:09 AM

I don't have the patience to read this entire thread to see if someone mentioned it already, but they had better increase the draw distances for other players. Right now sniping from any considerable distance is a waste of time, because you can't see anyone through the scope that's more than about two blocks away. I don't know if they do this to limit griefing (puhhlease) or because of technical limitations (more likely), but it's really annoying.

Also, fun fact, if you are high up on a building trying to snipe people below you, you won't be able to see them, but they can see you. True story. Less things to populate looking upwards I guess.

even on the ground i get sniped before they render on my screen, not sure what causes that but sometimes they will render even if very far away. being behind signs and poles and sh*t seems to make them not render though, unsure but it seems like it, lol

Pitch~Black
  • Pitch~Black

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:43 PM

Actually, it's not graphics that anyone should be excited about at all. GTAO was always intended to be expanding and changing. What they have currently is really just the first step. I don't think anybody ever truly believed that GTAO could be the ambitious evolving project R* has always claimed it would be while remaining on the 360/ps3. I'm pretty certain GTAO pushes those two systems right to their respective limits and any real substantial addition is likely not possible. What should be exciting to GTAO fans is that on the new systems and PC the game can finally actually move forward, be expanded upon, improved dynamically, and new features and additions will likely be quicker, easier to implement and larger; meaning they will likely occur at a greater frequency and have greater impact on the game. I predict that within 6 months of the games release, the new systems and PC will recieve a major expansion for GTAO that was never possible for the 360/ps4.

xtro
  • xtro

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:52 PM

GTA5 is the "next gen" game that will make me buy a ps4 or xbone... what I hope it super fluid gameplay and pushing further physics and maybe more players in GTA online. First time ever i still play a game after this long and I'm still amazed at all the details.

dewtech_2008
  • dewtech_2008

Boldly going forwards, 'cause we can't find reverse

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:49 AM

Nope, I'm happy to pay it as I was going next gen in the coming months anyway, and it means one of my most played games won't require the older console to come back out.

Pooperscooper
  • Pooperscooper

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:32 AM Edited by Pooperscooper, 25 June 2014 - 08:40 AM.

Does anyone know or have an idea on how trophies/achievements will work on the PS4/Xbox One version of GTA5? Since everyone will be able to transfer their online characters into the new consoles, I am curious if trophies/achievements will be affected as well. I have 100% completion in single player and am level 100 in GTA Online, so I'm REALLY hoping that at least the most time-consuming achievements will be given as "freebies" to the completionists who already did those achievements in the original version. Its probably asking for too much, but it would be great if Rockstar could reward the efforts of those who were dedicated enough to complete those achievements! Otherwise, I can only imagine how tedious it would be to get those achievements for the second time, which I do not see myself having the patience and the time for. :(

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:11 AM

Ill gladly pay for it again to be able to play single player and go full speed and actually have everything on the screen render correctly and not spawn objects 2 feet in front of me, lol!  this game barely runs on ps3 in singleplayer and multiplayer is a joke when you get a half full lobby, cars quit spawning and its pretty empty and lame.  hopefully the newer system can run the game correctly, I know the PC will and thats probably the version ill be getting.  Consoles are literally just PCs with slower hardware, worse resolution and crappier controllers, lol!

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

I want a 'Minaj' w/ Nicki & Iggy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:06 PM

Not only graphics, but better performance and features. It's not always about graphics.
No, just no.

If you even knew anything about consoles and how they go about "upgrading" the next gen game titles you would know that in the first 3 years all you get is a VISUAL upgrade, and maybe a minor performance bump in loading times. If they made all games that much better in the beginning, wtf they goin to go after that...huh? Man, some people are soo dense.

GTAV/O update is not going to be some uber better miracle baby born from some wanabe virgin. Get over it.

Ill gladly pay for it again to be able to play single player and go full speed and actually have everything on the screen render correctly and not spawn objects 2 feet in front of me, lol!  this game barely runs on ps3 in singleplayer and multiplayer is a joke when you get a half full lobby, cars quit spawning and its pretty empty and lame.  hopefully the newer system can run the game correctly, I know the PC will and thats probably the version ill be getting.  Consoles are literally just PCs with slower hardware, worse resolution and crappier controllers, lol!
There is no fixing your kind of stupid.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users