Ganton Gym Glitch [DIFFERENT]

4 replies to this topic
domtoo2
  • domtoo2

Arse Raper

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:22 AM

So I have been getting a really annoying glitch where the checpoint to the Ganton Gym does not appear. All other buildings have this, and it is stopping me from getting 100% (for fighting moves)

Anyone else haviing this problem?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:50 AM

Just to be clear, you've finished at least Green Sabre, the gym icons appear on the map, and the other gyms are open and the trainer's little red circle appears. Only the Ganton Gym can't be entered because there is no yellow marker.  Does the Ganton Gym work correctly on completely different saves - new, downloaded, a previous playthrough? If you are answering yes over and over again then perhaps this is a different glitch. Upload your save to GTASnP.com and I'll take a look.

Most of the time problems with the yellow doors are caused by mods or trainers. If the cities unlocked variable is tweaked too soon the call that unlocks the gyms and places the icons doesn't occur. Other times the problem is often related to modifying ipl data files - enexes are pretty tricky. Any clues here? If not, I'm surprised you are having trouble. These structures tend to be remarkably stable..

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:55 AM

Information that might help:
Operating System (XP, Vista, etc.)?
Your game is modded, how did it play before?
Remove the mods and play the game straight.
Then reinstall the mods one at a time, playing the game to be sure it is still working before installing the next mod. Repeat.

If you only have problems with the mods installed, then take your problem to the Modding Forums, Era III.

domtoo2
  • domtoo2

Arse Raper

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:59 PM

I am running it on windows 8. I have tried it with no mods but the glitch still occurs. The marker still appears on the map, but the checkpoint does not appear. All the other gyms work, and the Ganton works on other saves.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:32 PM Edited by OrionSR, 10 June 2014 - 09:36 PM.

Very strange. If the gym works on other saves then your data files are probably fine, and mods don't usually accidentally lock one gym. I'm leaning towards a random glitch but I need to see the save file to be sure. If it's a problem with the door flags then I can probably fix it for you. Upload your save to gtasnp.com. Your saves should in a San Andreas user folder in Documents -  GTASAsf#.b where # matches your slot number for that save.

"Checkpoints" are usually red cylinders, like the marker for the gym boss, a mission start, or a racing checkpoint. You are talking about the yellow enex marker bouncing arrow thing that teleports CJ inside; it isn't there, right?

If you know how to make simple cleo scripts then see if the code below will fix the problem for you.

07FB: set_interior 'GYM1' access 1  // Ganton Gym

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users