Photo

Co-operative game play

9 replies to this topic
jp9865
  • jp9865

Playa

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:16 AM

Do you think co-op would work in the next GTA? We have seen many single player franchises go down the co-op route so they can incorporate some online features etc. Resident evil for example.

It would work exactly the same way. You could play alone with the AI taking control of the other players with the option for you to swap or online with other people controlling the other protags, so no option to swap.

I think I would much prefer a online co-op than the clusterf*ck that is GTAO. Although it would still depend on who is online cause you could always end up with some dickhead who just doesn't want to help! :D
  • theGTAking101 and Spadge like this

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:22 AM

When it comes to single player and playing through the story missions I'd much prefer just to do it on my own. That way I can play through the missions the way I want at the pace I want without having to do missions multiple times because one dick head just wants to ruin it.

jp9865
  • jp9865

Playa

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:28 AM

Yeah that's a good point. Although you could do that if you wanted. Just play offline and let the AI control the other protags like you can in Resident Evil 5 and 6 etc.

I think it would be cool if you could get 4 people playing co-op GTA like you could Dead Rising. Obviously they would have to be your friends so you can actually plan what to do etc rather than, like you say, one guy just rushing through everything.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:48 AM

Yeah that's a good point. Although you could do that if you wanted. Just play offline and let the AI control the other protags like you can in Resident Evil 5 and 6 etc.

Of course. I'm not saying that R* shouldn't do co-op at some point as long as there is also the option to play on your own aswell.

Phil Collin
  • Phil Collin

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:01 PM

I remember Saints Row Co-operative imagine playing online singleplayer in GTA V with 2 other one play Michael one Franklin , Trevor.

Or only 2 people in new GTA or this.

wiizardii
  • wiizardii

Hagu

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:42 PM

Hell f*cking NO 

• ClaudX likes this

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:15 PM

Do you think co-op would work in the next GTA? We have seen many single player franchises go down the co-op route so they can incorporate some online features etc. Resident evil for example.

It would work exactly the same way. You could play alone with the AI taking control of the other players with the option for you to swap or online with other people controlling the other protags, so no option to swap.

I think I would much prefer a online co-op than the clusterf*ck that is GTAO. Although it would still depend on who is online cause you could always end up with some dickhead who just doesn't want to help! :D

Co op is f*cking garbage sh*t,so my answer is no .

Spadge
  • Spadge

Low Rider

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:59 PM

I could imagine doing some missions with a good IRL buddy which is also a big GTA fan. Would be fun definetely, even more if there is a friendship between the two characters, but I think it won't be implemented because it might cause to much problems.

jp9865
  • jp9865

Playa

• Members

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:57 PM

I remember me and my friend played resident evil 5 co-op the whole way through in one sitting. It was awesome! :D first playthrough for both of us as well and that is kinda the experience I would be hoping for. I'm just not sure how it would work in free roam although I'd imagine they could do a Dead Rising kind of thing.

Sentrion
  • Sentrion

• BUSTED!
  • European-Union

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:05 AM

I've always loved playing in Single Player. This is always helpful while playing missions at will and in Single pace. But, with the release of GTA V, I started hating the co-op mode at first, but I got used to. So, I'm fine with either. It'd not hurt to see another co-op based GTA Game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users