Halo: The Master Chief Collection

98 replies to this topic
IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:31 PM

Halo-The-Chief-Collection-Fanmade.jpg

Dis be fanmade

Oh my god! My heart literally had a heart attack within itself when I saw that. And the gameplay. Oh my god!

That was absolutely fantastic!

OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick
  • OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:33 PM

So, only Halo 1 and Halo 2 are getting updated graphics? Halo 3 and Halo 4 will look the same basically then? Lame. They should have gone all out.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:34 PM

Love the box arts. Day one buy for me. LAN PARTIES!

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:43 PM

So, only Halo 1 and Halo 2 are getting updated graphics? Halo 3 and Halo 4 will look the same basically then? Lame. They should have gone all out.

Love the box arts. Day one buy for me. LAN PARTIES!

The pic is fanmade, still looking for an official one.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:17 PM Edited by Zancudo, 09 June 2014 - 08:17 PM.

All Americans feel like heaven now.

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Once an SFPD officer, now a Templar

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:45 PM Edited by SFPD officer, 09 June 2014 - 08:45 PM.

On one hand, it's exciting classic MPs are coming back. On the other, it's a shame that H2, especially, needs to be revived like this. If Microsoft didn't pull the plug few years ago, we would still be able to play the original online today. People will be paying to play the exactly same game for the second time, when they still may have the original copy waiting on their shelves...

But at least those games will be alive again. I admit, I'd love to see H3 MP running strong once more, that game was a barren wasteland last time I played it. It's a shame Halo isn't "the big thing" anymore. I had no problem finding good lobbies in older CoD titles (except for WaW). Halo isn't so lucky. Another interesting thing we're going to learn is how successful revived MPs will be among the playerbase. Which game will people play more? 2 or 3? And if 5 crashes and burns as bad as 4, how many of them will come back to MCC?

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:11 PM

Honestly the only thing that made me think about getting an Xbox One this holiday, finally a reason to give the series a try since the only game I've played was Reach (came for "free" with my Xbox 360).

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:32 AM

Halo 2 being playable online makes this amazing, and makes the Xbox One precisely 1000% better.

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:39 AM

Halo 2 being playable online makes this amazing, and makes the Xbox One precisely 1000% better.

Never got the chance to play Halo 2 online, now's the chance!!!!

This is the ultimate bundle.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:42 AM

Never got the chance to play Halo 2 online, now's the chance!!!!

This is the ultimate bundle.

Halo 2 is amazing, no doubt the best of the series by far.  I have lots of memories of playing it on split-screen on my original Xbox with friends.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:17 AM

Best part is. It's actually the Halo 2 multiplayer, not like what they did with CEA. And switching from classic to high res is instant!

And look at how awesome and not-Halo4-Poopy-Elites Arby looks! HE LOOKS AMAZING!

e3-2014-halo-2-anniversary-cinematic---a

• Davo the Assassin likes this

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:47 AM

Despite how low-res this is, look at this makes me tinglies tingle.

0Lr7aFH.png

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

I play both sides of the fence

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:35 AM Edited by esmittystud101, 11 June 2014 - 11:38 AM.

Not a big fan of the Halo series since orginal Xbox days of Halo 1, but four games and all the downloadable content for $60. Best deal I have seen in a while for a game. Makes me even feel like going out and getting it. You know its something good when someone like me thats not a fan, try to be one once again. Great desicion from MS.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:38 PM

4 games and 100+ maps for $60, that's a steal
  • Th3MaN1 likes this

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:16 AM

I feel this should have been bundled with Halo 5 or distributed for free to people who already own all 4 games (or CEA, in case of CE). I know 343 run a business and want to get paid for their work, but I don't know, buying the same game again; it doesn't seem right.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:20 AM

Then don't.
  • Coin likes this

Coin
  • Coin

Game Over

• Members
  • South-Georgia-and-the-South-Sandwich-Islands

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:26 AM

I'd say there is a very distinct chance that I'll get this.

Suggesting this bundle be free is paramount to lunacy. It's not like re-mastering a game is as easy as pushing a few buttons.

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:35 PM

I feel this should have been bundled with Halo 5 or distributed for free to people who already own all 4 games (or CEA, in case of CE).

I know 343 run a business and want to get paid for their work, but I don't know, buying the same game again; it doesn't seem right.

4 remastered classics(well maybe 3..f*ck you H4), 100+ maps and a revived MP, not to mention a halo 5 MP beta.

Honestly, this is one of the only things 343 has done right.
  • Biohazard Abyss likes this

jimmydsantaki288
  • jimmydsantaki288

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:32 PM

what an amazing deal. can't wait to get an XB1 for this. 

FRAIZER
  • FRAIZER

Made in the '80s

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA Online]

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:53 PM

Best part is. It's actually the Halo 2 multiplayer, not like what they did with CEA. And switching from classic to high res is instant!

And look at how awesome and not-Halo4-Poopy-Elites Arby looks! HE LOOKS AMAZING!

e3-2014-halo-2-anniversary-cinematic---a

O_o where did you get that?!?!? Awesome!

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:26 AM

I'd say there is a very distinct chance that I'll get this.

Suggesting this bundle be free is paramount to lunacy. It's not like re-mastering a game is as easy as pushing a few buttons.

Free remakes aren't the norm, but they do happen. The second Riddick game, for example, also shipped with a free remake of the first game. I understand developers want to get paid, but I think free remakes, or at least at significantly reduced price, would be more fair to long time, faithful fans of the franchise.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:43 AM

It's 4 games with all of the DLC, that's 100+ maps.
GameStop prices
Halo 4 is $30 new. Halo CE Anniversary $30 new. Halo 3 $20 new. That's $80 without all of the DLC. And without Halo 2

Amazon prices
Halo 4 $30. Halo 3 $15. Halo CE $20. Halo 2 $20. That's $85 without DLC.

Halo 3 DLC is $17 in total

Halo 4 DLC is $52 in total.

Halo 2 DLC is $12 through Amazon.

If you buy everything through amazon you could end up paying $166+tax or $161+tax with GameStop.

Does $60 still seem like alot?
  • IDredMan and Coin like this

Coin
  • Coin

Game Over

• Members
  • South-Georgia-and-the-South-Sandwich-Islands

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:55 AM

Free remakes aren't the norm, but they do happen. The second Riddick game, for example, also shipped with a free remake of the first game. I understand developers want to get paid, but I think free remakes, or at least at significantly reduced price, would be more fair to long time, faithful fans of the franchise.

That's because the Riddick games sucked and they needed the extra incentive to sell. Gonna do a similar list to Darth Shinobi, but with prices here (more perspective is useful).

Master Chief Collection: $99.95

Individually:

Halo CE Anniversary: $49.35

Halo 2 (Only new price I could was PC version): $20

Halo 3: $29.32

Halo 4: $49.95

Total without DLC: $148.62

All DLC + Digitally Remasterd stuff + Convenience of a single disc bundle + ported and optimized to the Xbone + working multiplayer across all for games = totally worth the $100 up front for me and I consider that fair as a longtime fan (well, sort of) to the franchise.

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:17 AM Edited by SFPD officer, 13 June 2014 - 09:19 AM.

True. It is one hell of a deal for newcomers. But I'd still be pretty iffy to pay twice for the exact same game. I justified that when I bought GTAs' PC versions in addition to console versions, because of mods and (back in 3D era) multiplayer, but the only new addition to MCC is the Anniversary treatment for H2 (I understand it doesn't need it so badly, but why nothing for 3?) and convenient switching between games and their original multiplayers on one disc - especially that I consider really cool.

I just would have preferred if we had backwards compatibility and could play our original games on the new system. But it's also true that old multiplayers would never get the revival effect this will have. H3 would still be dead. And I must admit, that even though I don't like MS pulling stunts like this, the possibility of enjoying H3's MP again would probably be enough to make me cave in and buy the bundle.

It's a shame ODST and Reach aren't in either. I guess they wanted Chief's story to be the focus, but ODST was amazing and I was one of the five people on the planet who liked Reach's MP.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:07 AM Edited by DarthShinobi, 14 June 2014 - 05:09 AM.

This is it, baby. Hold me.
(Also fan made, but lists all info.)
7CWkHsL.png

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:37 AM

1080/60 for all. Niiiiice.

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:34 PM

True. It is one hell of a deal for newcomers. But I'd still be pretty iffy to pay twice for the exact same game. I justified that when I bought GTAs' PC versions in addition to console versions, because of mods and (back in 3D era) multiplayer, but the only new addition to MCC is the Anniversary treatment for H2 (I understand it doesn't need it so badly, but why nothing for 3?) and convenient switching between games and their original multiplayers on one disc - especially that I consider really cool.
I just would have preferred if we had backwards compatibility and could play our original games on the new system. But it's also true that old multiplayers would never get the revival effect this will have. H3 would still be dead. And I must admit, that even though I don't like MS pulling stunts like this, the possibility of enjoying H3's MP again would probably be enough to make me cave in and buy the bundle.
It's a shame ODST and Reach aren't in either. I guess they wanted Chief's story to be the focus, but ODST was amazing and I was one of the five people on the planet who liked Reach's MP.

I actually enjoyed Reach's MP. It was 4 that screwed the pooch.

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:40 PM

Alpha Zombie on Swordbase always gave me greats amounts of laughts.

Flood mode isn't the same.

And since no one has mentioned it yet, the spartan with the blue visor is Agent Locke.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:51 PM

Just saw that they're adding two optional missions to Halo 2 so it ties in with the Halo 5 arc

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:30 PM

So they remade the first halo 3 times? Lol is 343 halos that bad?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users