Quantcast

» «
Photo

Am I the only person who doesn't kill everyone I meet?

101 replies to this topic
skunkcore
  • skunkcore

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:18 PM

I don't even kill bounties, I let them survive, I just drive past them.
Usually I get sh*t at but I don't shoot back unless they keep spawn killing me..

On topic, should we have a 10 second cool down when we spawn so we can avoid spawn killers?

I used to play this way as well, now I still don't attack anyone but I do go after bounties. If they're significantly lower level I'll give them what the bounty was worth. I don't know why people get so worked up about getting killed in this game, there's unlimited lives for everyone.

Some sort of cooldown would be nice, or an option that sets you to passive mode automatically if you're getting killed too much would be nice.

8up local
  • 8up local

sharp as a marble

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:34 PM

i do hunt bounties every chance i get, but i don't shoot on sight when i'm not hunting. i give people three chances before i do anything, if they want to keep hounding me then it's game on. 

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:50 PM

If you're coming at someone without sending them a text or honking then its your own fault for getting shot at, regardless of your intentions. Hell, just honking alone might not save you, considering half of the time its just used to get the person's guard down.

If your dot is bounty red or psycho red,  I'm hunting you. You wont even realize whats happening until hellfire rains from my jet cannons. :devil:  Everyone else is off limits.

Ever since the patch I'm always on alert/paranoid of jets lol.
  • Intoxica7ed and LawstFawkz like this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:26 PM

Happened just hours ago. Story time!

Spoiler

OT: I never kill anyone who I met unless they killed me. If they did, then I only kill them once. IF they returned again then, Goodbye. :devil:

Whybot182
  • Whybot182

Requested Ban

• BUSTED!
  • Wales

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:20 PM

No, I don't either

transambill
  • transambill

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:52 PM Edited by transambill, 10 June 2014 - 04:56 PM.

I'm a gear head at heart, I bought the game because of the cars and what your able to do with them. Hell I spend more $ on paint jobs than ammo.
The only time I purposely kill anybody is if there a really low rank with a bounty then I give them the money after killing them.
I spend most of my time in passive mode. Pu**y mode as others call it, not cause I can't hold my own in a fire fight but because I don't wanna be f'ed with or get a bounty put on my head for stealing a car.
Most people online that kill everyone they meet wouldn't even know what end the bullet comes out of if they had the same gun in real life so why give them the satisfaction of getting a kill in the game.
  • LawstFawkz likes this

Zonegamer
  • Zonegamer

Front Yard Balla

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:24 PM

Nope, I leave people alone including bounties, unless they're really asking for trouble.

Kowai7108
  • Kowai7108

Never shoot at a gun on the floor,it might shoot back.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:39 PM

I did a 5 star survival and I have a red blip now.Am I going to get killed?

OT:I do not kill unless shot.

AlexSniperBullet
  • AlexSniperBullet

GTAPhotographer Commissioner

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:42 PM

I did a 5 star survival and I have a red blip now.Am I going to get killed?

Indeed you are. you're dangerous and should be disposed.  

• LawstFawkz likes this

luisniko
  • luisniko

@ Elpis

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:48 PM Edited by luisniko, 10 June 2014 - 05:49 PM.

No I never kill anyone, even with bounty. I even give a chance to someone who kill me to change their mind and stop. But lately my fingers are pretty light to hit report button for sh*tty people or sh*tty job.

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:00 PM

No I never kill anyone, even with bounty. I even give a chance to someone who kill me to change their mind and stop. But lately my fingers are pretty light to hit report button for sh*tty people or sh*tty job.

You'd report people for killing you.....really?

Upggrade
  • Upggrade

Queen of Zimbabwe

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:01 PM

Funny how so many people say they don't shoot on sight, but that never transfers over to the game.

• manicmechanic71 likes this

xoC18H21NO3xo
  • xoC18H21NO3xo

GTA Addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:35 PM

I don't kill on sight unless it looks like they're coming to kill me. If you're doing the gang attack under Del Perro pier and the rest of the players in the session are mainly around LSC, then that one guy coming towards you is out to kill you.

Christian21J
  • Christian21J

I have small junk

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:43 PM

No,most will hate me after this comment but,my k/d ratio is 9/500+

• Der Fahrer likes this

JÄGER
  • JÄGER

สายด่วน miami

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:44 PM

I always plan out my path before leaving the garage and head straight there with the map enlarged on the lower left. I almost never run into firefights this way. Just observe where the dots are red and get you stuff done on the other side of town.

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

BUFFALOVE

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:49 PM Edited by We Are Ninja, 10 June 2014 - 07:50 PM.

I used to be that way before the mental state feature.  Now I shoot all red dots on sight. Chances are you didn't get red from NOT shooting people on sight, so I have to assume you're a douchebag about to perform some douchebaggery, and take preventative action.

This. When I see reds coming, You're getting killed. I'm not taking chances.

It's a vicious cycle, LOL. I've never killed anyone without provocation, and I don't to this day. I'm always up for races, car shows, mountain climbs, jet skis, airport shenanigans, etc. However, my dot is glowing-hot blood red. People come after me all the time. I didn't understand why, but I suppose it's because they have a similar mindset to you guys. So they attack and I retaliate and I stay blood red. It actually makes sense to me now that I've typed it out, LOL.

twannie1997
  • twannie1997

Hustler

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:51 PM

Apparently people like to mimic Team Fortress 2's The Sniper, because they have a plan to kill everyone they meet.

Spoiler

I actually don't kill people, unless they are red blips. Sometimes when I pass a white blip, I will honk friendly, or just do a quick-action.

hotrats773
  • hotrats773

QUIT THE INTERNET! ASK ME HOW!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:59 PM

*logs on to free mode*

"BigSexE1 killed TylerDurden"

"Killah653554 killed Gangsta420"

"BigDumbAss killed EvenBiggerDumbass420"

"tylerdurden7887 flattened HeyLook-iDigWeed"

*Takes imaginary shower and logs off*

Yeah, I'm probably too much of a pacifist for GTAV but I love the game.

Not a "shoot on sight" kind of player at all.

• Der Fahrer and kaptainkirk like this

.Daemon.
  • .Daemon.

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:12 PM

I used to kill people a lot and start beef (why my k/d is so high) but now I don't as much. If I'm driving past someone and they start shooting, I'll kill them, but as far as starting fights with people, meh, it has lost it's appeal.

Although, if there is someone mouthing off on their mic I may go out of my way to troll/grief them for lulz.

Strikeslip
  • Strikeslip

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:16 PM

If I see a dot approaching fast, I face them and "Jazz-Hands" (used to be salute before the last update). I usually get run over at high speed, but it makes me laugh. I imagine the driver wondering WTF I was thinking.  If they make another run at me, though, I'll usually fight.

Just last weekend I did the Jazz-Hands to an approaching tank and got killed for it, but when I did it a second time, the tank rolled right up to me, barrel to my face, and paused for a long five seconds, then just took off killing other people. I've had similar standoffs with people on foot with a gun to my face.

Often I simply survive due to my good looks and tidy suit.

• LawstFawkz likes this

Karat3
  • Karat3

🐢

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:35 PM

I seriously try to be peaceful, but today was just too much. Usually I always walk around without my gun and try to help other players. Today I drove with my nice white Sentinel SX to the carwash since it was really dirty and some little douche found it real funny to wait for me to drive out and kill me instant through the windshield.
I dont know, I got so pissed that I immediately called Pegasus to deliver my tank and I killed this little b*tch till he left the server

LawstFawkz
  • LawstFawkz

SnapOn Shooter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:59 PM

I used to kill everyone on sight, until my mental state turned blood red and turned into a deer in hunting season. I try to size other dots up based on their travel speed, and if I hear bullets or not, and act accordingly. If they end up killing me a few times I'll call in my cargobob and highjack their car once it's in the impound. Good luck getting it off the tallest building with guard rails in the way.

Christian21J
  • Christian21J

I have small junk

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:40 PM

I used to kill everyone on sight, until my mental state turned blood red and turned into a deer in hunting season. I try to size other dots up based on their travel speed, and if I hear bullets or not, and act accordingly. If they end up killing me a few times I'll call in my cargobob and highjack their car once it's in the impound. Good luck getting it off the tallest building with guard rails in the way.

They can request it a few blocks away lol

BumpyJohnson
  • BumpyJohnson

Original Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:42 PM Edited by BumpyJohnson, 10 June 2014 - 09:43 PM.

I never shoot first.  It has resulted in a lot of deaths but I don't give a f*ck about getting shot in a video game.  If I'm up for it I'll just go kill them back but a lot of times I just laugh and go about my business unless they keep trying to kill me.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:42 PM Edited by Furry_Monkey, 10 June 2014 - 09:43 PM.

Am I the only one that thinks every law enforcement agency in the world got an alarm bell going off when the title of this thread hit the internet?

• LeopardGecko likes this

LeopardGecko
  • LeopardGecko

GTA biker

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:51 PM

I never shoot at anyone unless they attack me first.Actually,most of the time I play in public sessions,I´m in passive mode.

Tree22
  • Tree22

Joe4speed

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:35 AM Edited by Tree22, 11 June 2014 - 12:36 AM.

I used to be that way before the mental state feature.  Now I shoot all red dots on sight. Chances are you didn't get red from NOT shooting people on sight, so I have to assume you're a douchebag about to perform some douchebaggery, and take preventative action.

This. When I see reds coming, You're getting killed. I'm not taking chances.

Yup red dot no mic response sorry ur getting shot
Why are none of u leaving gts we are all looking for people like each other to play with my gt is dattree always looking for peaceful players

MichaelW
  • MichaelW

Hello, My Children

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:41 AM

I don't. I'll even jump in front of people when I have a bounty so I can get it over and done with and get on with what I need to do. 

• juicy_fun likes this

garvdart
  • garvdart

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:01 AM Edited by garvdart, 11 June 2014 - 01:05 AM.

I generally try not too kill everyone. Especially at spawn after races, deathmatches,etc  yes I will have gun drawn and aimed at there head usually we will stand circle for a moment then I do the jazz hands. This usually ends up with us teaming up...wish we could have a temporary alliance option.  Interaction peace sign should be implemented.

Except on methed up Mondays.......then it's sorry you don't want to be anywhere near me or my crew on that day.

xskinzcity
  • xskinzcity

Lord of War

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:03 AM

once i hear a window break or hear a bullet ring off my car, thats when i shoot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users