Photo

A better GTA IV idea.

15 replies to this topic
SimonJ360
  • SimonJ360

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:32 PM

for me, Grand Theft Auto IV was the best HD Universe game yet. For others, GTA V is the best GTA so far and is way better than IV. to some degree i agree with it, GTA V really impressed me with the map, with the idea of the characters and how they fit in the location, while GTA IV lacked some of these stuff. In driving, i like both IV and V, both are good with their own way. same goes for driving. there are a few things that i think should have existed in GTA IV in order to make it comparable to GTA V.

my main concern is location.

in GTA V, You had Los Santos as a city, Los Santos county, incorporated cities in Los Santos, and of course, rural areas. You really felt like you dont have enough time to explore everything, and that there is always more to explore. even if you didnt see other cities, you knew San Fierro (San Francisco) existed somewhere in Northern San Andreas, which even gives you more to think about and imagine. while Los Santos was the focus, the surroundings were not any less interesting, it fitted the storyline, the season and the nature of characters.

in IV all you had Liberty City, consists of only 4 boroughs of NYC. while some of them did feel like NYC, it had lack of expansion. I have no complaints on Algonquin for a start, all though i would like to see an equivalent of Madison Square Garden. Broker-Dukes as Brooklyn and Queens were cool, only i expected it not only to be the boroughs of Jamaican, Russian, Irish and Afro-American populations. in real life, Italians also have a large population. in the storyline all the families (except Pegorino) are seem to operate in Little Italy, which makes no sense. I also didnt have enough of Bohan. Bohan is not only an Hispanic population, and the place was so small. just make it a little more large, maybe put the Yankees Arena as well, that wouldnt harm. Staten Island would be cool, not all of the huge island, but at least just to show its existence, and have gang activities there to. another thing that i hated, why does the drive between Broker to Algonquin is way further than Algonquin and Alderney? Alderney needs to feel like a separate state, thus, i sugggest we move it more to the left, so the driving time to there can take some time. Alderney, i really had no problem with a neighbouring state, but like San Andreas in GTA V, give a confirmation that Alderney State in GTA IV isnt the whole Alderney State, because really, Alderney as a state cannot be smaller than Liberty City in my opinion. there is also the need for larger surroundings, i mean you got Alderney, but what about the Carraways we keep hearing about? its gotta be inside the State of Liberty to, maybe some forest with woods, you can always those in the movies that they are nearby to NYC. what about the confirmation of the existence of the State of Liberty? those 2 candidates for governor, why they were never advertised as "vote__ for governor of Liberty(State)", it would be way cooler if id know that Rockstar also believes Liberty State exists in HD universe. 

what do you say? would you play this GTA IV map? are there any more categories besides Location let me know.

WandererNiko
  • WandererNiko

Wanderer

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:31 PM

The former map of Liberty City included the whole Liberty State, or at least a country area surrounding LC.

I guess that R* wanted to put another kind of sense to the game, a bit more of drama and action, and less countryside with no use at all.

Also, with three characters you can play on all parts of the world in GTA V, you switch to Trevor, and maybe you have the possibility to see him driving around the desert, while Michael around the city. In GTA IV we only have one main protagonist, it would take a lot of time to have missions in the whole state of Liberty, we are not in the fantastic world of GTA: SA anymore.

I think the size of Liberty City is perfect, for what we have to do in it.

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:57 AM

How do you know this? Wheres your proof?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THIS ONE GOES OUT TO ALL THE RAVERS IN THE NATION.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:49 AM

Rockstar said it in a magazine. I can't recall the name as of now but a google search should help you out and stuff.

WandererNiko
  • WandererNiko

Wanderer

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:32 PM

Here is my evidence confirming what I stated above. http://media.rocksta.../2015839764.jpg

jkim_1
  • jkim_1

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:43 AM

Alderney represents the Northeastern part of New Jersey and it is known to be in close proximity to Manhattan as the Lincoln Tunnel (Booth Tunnel in GTAIV) connects them.

I agree that I would've liked to see an equivalent to Yankee Stadium and MSG, those landmarks are a huge part of New York City. Staten Island wouldn't be a fun map to play on IV based on my experience being there, it is nothing special.

And if you wanted a map similar to San Andreas, that's like saying you want cities that represent NYC, Boston, and Washington DC. Too spread out and it's somewhat realistic.

I do agree that the Italian gang members should've been based strictly in Alderney, Jersey has been and still is influenced heavily by Italians.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:38 AM

^ To be fair, Washington, D.C. Is a fairly small city. It's just the suburbs like Alexandria, Arlington, etc. that make it appear to be spread out
  • Zello likes this

jkim_1
  • jkim_1

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:08 PM

^ To be fair, Washington, D.C. Is a fairly small city. It's just the suburbs like Alexandria, Arlington, etc. that make it appear to be spread out

Yeah, but it's really densely populated and isn't known to be one of the more safer cities. If they were gonna implement DC into the game, they might as well add Baltimore and combine the two into one since they are connected by one highway.

Anyway, I wouldn't be the biggest fan of a huge map like SA's. It's just way too big. I remember when Tenpenny takes CJ and drops him in the "middle of f*cking nowhere" and it was really the middle of f*ckig nowhere. It would be interesting to explore the cities of the Northeast/Atlantic part of the country though.

SimonJ360
  • SimonJ360

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:24 PM

Another thing for improvement besides the location, is the missions. I mean, to be honest, i liked GTA IV, and i liked so much i may have replayed the story mode 8-9 times, and i enjoyed them all while in GTA V, i played only twice, and i already became sick of it, and im not talking as an amateur, im a long time GTA fan, but the 3 characters idea, or at least Trevor as a protagonist, was just ridiculous. The missions in GTA IV, while i enjoyed them, were mostly the same. I mean i get it, Niko is a hired gun. but i didnt expect less than 5 missions to be non-assasination

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:40 PM Edited by Official General, 16 June 2014 - 10:50 AM.

@ OP

I would have very much preferred Broker and Dukes to be much bigger in size, with a few more suburban areas and projects added. I was also a little disappointed not to see Italian Mafia members in Broker, because in real life Brooklyn still has a very large Italian-American population. Dukes and Bohan should have had a bigger African-American gang presence, not just Hispanic gangs, as I've been to the Bronx in real life, and while it's mostly Hispanic gangs, there is also a very large African-American gang element there too. There should have at least been one sports stadium and a Madison Square Garden style arena would have been perfect. 

Bear in mind that the Alderney you see in GTA IV is actually a whole city that lies within Alderney State, and it's called Alderney City - the rest of the state is not featured in the game. Alderney City is actually based on 3 cities in northern New Jersey that are the closest to New York City - Jersey City, Newark and Hoboken. It can be very confusing because Alderney City is one of the districts in Alderney itself, but the reality is that it's in fact just one of the districts that together make up a greater Alderney City metro area within the game. 

• matajuegos01 likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:11 AM

Yeah, but it's really densely populated and isn't known to be one of the more safer cities. If they were gonna implement DC into the game, they might as well add Baltimore and combine the two into one since they are connected by one highway.

I'm not sure how that would work, combining Baltimore and DC together. The two of them are two different cities and not only that, but there's many suburbs, towns, etc. between them. If anything, it'd be better if they put in DC and the suburbs like Alexandria, Arlington, Landover, and so forth.

• Zello likes this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Lt Phill Bellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:08 AM

At the very least New Alderney should have had their own police vehicles based on the Alderney City Police Department (ACPD) and the New Alderney State Police (NASP). I can't understand how that was overlooked. As stated above Bohan should have been larger, extended north and linked to NA via an expy of the George Washington Bridge.

What could you add to my list, thoughts?

Cheers.

ddyoung
  • ddyoung

Get freaky... Not that freaky

• Members
  • England

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:38 PM

At the very least New Alderney should have had their own police vehicles based on the Alderney City Police Department (ACPD) and the New Alderney State Police (NASP). I can't understand how that was overlooked. As stated above Bohan should have been larger, extended north and linked to NA via an expy of the George Washington Bridge.

Cheers.

I wouldn't connect Alderney and Bohan. The GW Bridge connects Manhattan (Algonquin) and Northern NJ (Alderney). Bohan should have been bigger though. It was very under used in terms of gameplay and activities. The ASP should have had their own car, but the limitations of the Xbox 360 and PS3 prevented them from doing this. They really needed to include the Carraways (Hamptons on Long Island), It would have been so cool to have suburbia in contrast with LC.

Bucky914
  • Bucky914

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 June 2014 - 05:52 PM

I'd prefer a map that wasn't a giant island. I think Rockstar should've spent more time crafting a cross between RDR and SA with a GTA III feel.

• Official General likes this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Lt Phill Bellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:22 PM

Cheers.

I wouldn't connect Alderney and Bohan. The GW Bridge connects Manhattan (Algonquin) and Northern NJ (Alderney). Bohan should have been bigger though. It was very under used in terms of gameplay and activities. The ASP should have had their own car, but the limitations of the Xbox 360 and PS3 prevented them from doing this. They really needed to include the Carraways (Hamptons on Long Island), It would have been so cool to have suburbia in contrast with LC.

Fair enough, having just looked at a map, the GWB does however have a major approach from the Bronx with a short tunnel under Manhatten. You learn something new everyday.

Do you think Rockstar should have included two extra police vehicles (or made better use of multi liveries), and restrict them to New Alderney alongside the LCPD cars being restricted to Liberty City?

They were going to include the Carraways and a representation of upstate New Liberty but eventually settled on just having the urban areas. The link is in a post above.

Cheers.

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 30 June 2014 - 04:41 AM

f*ck america.
GTA Brazil
São Paulo would be like LC, more of a city vibe, more cold and gritty.
Rio de Janeiro like LS, city surrounded by montains and great countryside.
Drug and gun traffic is an serious problem around this parts, along with corrupt cops and criminal politicians. Not to mention prostitution, high numbers of murders per year and grand theft autos for selling spare parts and such. This would be a perfect GTA setting, LC and LS like cities and great crime rate.

This or Israel.
Jihad and planning terror attacks would be just fine. We need a terrorist willing to kill for religion and his beliefs in this games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users