Photo

How do I increase GSF density?

13 replies to this topic
OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:38 PM Edited by OG Viking, 14 June 2014 - 03:51 AM.

I believe I have read how to increase GSF density in turfs, but I have forgot how to do it and where I might have read it. I have spent some time searching and I found loads of related stuff, but no answer to my simple question.

The situation is this: Vagos owns EBE2b (the beach turf north of the LS Forum), Ballas owns VER01. All the rest is GSF owned. Ballas don't attack anymore since they're reduced to Verona Beach. Only Vagos attacks, and they always attack EBE3c (the LS Forum).

My goal is to test the density glitch and make PLS (Playa Del Seville) dark green. I'm just not sure how to do it.
I'm not interested in increasing the number of turfs so I've not been flying off the map. AFAIK I've not triggered any territory glitches.

It's on PS2. I don't use cheat codes and I don't have Action Replay or similar equipment.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:47 PM Edited by OrionSR, 08 June 2014 - 09:48 PM.

You can increase grove density by defending the turf from attack, or defending another turf and using variations of the satchel trick to add density to your desired turf. IIRC, grove can be increased to a maximum of 55 density from defending attacks. It should be possible to increase density further, and maybe even quicker in the long run, to let attacking gangs gain as much density as possible from the attack and then take their density through a war.

Increasing grove density will not decrease the attacks. Attacks will occur if grove and ballas or vagos are present in the same or adjacent turfs if the density is high enough, 17 and 15 respective, I think. I forget the details but they should be located somewhere in these forums. Lowering grove density is pretty difficult, especially if you don't have a way to measure your progress. If grove density exceeds 255 it'll roll over to 0 and start counting up again.

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:59 PM

Thanks!

You can increase grove density by defending the turf from attack, or defending another turf and using variations of the satchel trick to add density to your desired turf.

Each turf has a predefined default gang density, I can't increase that density just by defending from attacks?? I have defended the same turf countless of times and I can't see any difference. I have no way of finding the exact density on PS2, so I have to look at the color. And turfs that I have defended a zillion times, lost and then conquered, aren't getting any visibly darker.

I've got almost 10,000 hand grenades so I'm a bit hesitant to replace them with satchels.....

IIRC, grove can be increased to a maximum of 55 density from defending attacks. It should be possible to increase density further, and maybe even quicker in the long run, to let attacking gangs gain as much density as possible from the attack and then take their density through a war.

Vagos aren't really interested in Playa Del Seville, so I would have to let them take over almost everything which would take a very long time.

Can the density number 55 be translated to a percentage of pedestrians? If the scale goes 0-255, and 255 means that 100% of NPCs are in a gang, then 55 would be around 22%? Hmmm no, the gang percentage with a density of 55 should be a lot higher so this can't be right.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:08 AM

I've never notice the turfs getting any darker than the normal high density turfs even if I set the density near maximum. Defending the turf does increase density, I forget how much, 10 maybe. The "satchel" trick doesn't require satchels, it's just the common method and tool. You need to get a your most recent 3rd Kill, like you are starting a gang war, in the desired.zone. The kill needs to be against Ballas or Vagos but they don't necessarily need to be an attacker. This stuff can get terribly complicated and I'm a bit out of date. You may want to review Jack Reacher's Master Mind's and Ultimate Territory Glitch topics.

I'm still not at all sure what you are trying to do.

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:40 AM Edited by OG Viking, 14 June 2014 - 03:53 AM.

I try to increase the density in Playa Del Seville which is not a shared turf, and there is no easy way to make it shared because it isn't very attractive. If a turf must be either shared or under attack for this trick to work, then I'll have to try a different turf.
I chose Playa Del Seville because I thought it would be easy to see if the density got increased there, because it's light colored and has few GSF. (Some light colored such as Temple actually have an extremely high density and it's never been war there.)

I've had a look at these:
Master Mind's Territory Glitch (by Jack Reacher)
The Ultimate Territory Glitch FAQ (by Jack Reacher)
Gang Territory Glitch questions (by Arsen Vitiuk)

Those and a few other similar threads seems to be discussing things I'm not trying to do. I want to increase the density in a turf without having a war there. I thought I had read somewhere it was possible to glitch density in a different turf than the attacked/defended one. But I may very well be wrong.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:15 AM

No you are correct. It's just a little awkward with your current setup and no satchels. Instead you'll need to trigger the attack and then lure at least 3 live targets within range your turf and quickly kill three in a row (it's the same mechanism that triggers a war that changes the active turf) while CJ is standing in the turf. Any extras can be dealt with one at a time while out of the zone if necessary. Running them down or using drive-by will prevent the zone from getting moved again.

The purpose of those topics is a bit different, but the gang war tricks for manipulating density are still the same.

The satchel trick is really a variation of the underlying 3rd Kill glitch, as are the Hood Abuse glitch and Pomor Maneuver. The coding that checks for a 3rd kill to trigger a gang war appears to always been active. It just fails to trigger the war if the rest of the conditions aren't right. When a 3rd kill occurs the game will change the war zone to the current zone, and war/attack gang to the gang with the highest density in that zone. 3rd kills can move the turf or change the gang before the attack is triggered, and the turf can be moved again after triggering the attack.

So with those basic mechanics you can try to figure out how to make the glitch work to your advantage. You may want to experiment with the gangs spawn anywhere cheat since you don't have many targets to work with. If it seems to do what you hoped you can return to the luring method, or perhaps mix a few turfs in key locations.

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:14 AM

Default densities of the zones you mentioned:

-EBE2b=1E 

-EBE3c=1E

-PLS=0A

-VER01=0A

Source: http://gtaforums.com...2/?p=1057710716

Scroll down to the final table; ignore the irrelevant code formulas.

32 and up displays no difference in map darkness; 63 and up causes no difference in gang activity. Yes, there is a darkness difference when changing PLS (Playa Del Seville) from 0A to 28 and 28 to 32. I've always been good at noticing the slighest change in colors. 28 is the highest default density.

• OG Viking and purple x like this

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:00 AM

What are 1E and 0A in regular numbers? I'm not good with hex.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:20 AM

0x1E is two less than 32 (0x20) and 0x0A is one more than 0x09.

The Windows Calculator includes a Scientific or Programmers setting that can convert hex and decimal numbers for you.

The Flying Rapist
  • The Flying Rapist

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • New-Zealand

Posted 17 June 2014 - 10:28 PM Edited by The Flying Rapist, 17 June 2014 - 11:59 PM.

Had a very brief look at the topic (Reacher here).

My understanding is this, if you want to increase GSF territory in any GSF owned zone, simply trigger the defence of any attacked zone (by trigger defence I mean go to the attacked zone and make the attackers spawn). 

Once you have triggered the defence I recommend killing a few of the the guys who spawned to free up the games memory. Your goal now is to kill 3 ballas/vagos in the territory that you want GSF's density increased.

Now go and win the defence by killing the rest of the attackers making sure you are not on foot when you do so (Unless there are only two left).

So you may want to make sure there is a balla/vagos zone close to the GSF zone you want increased.

EDIT: Ok for accomplishing the goal highlighted in red, most of us would either lure the attackers to the zone we want increased and just kill them all (doesnt even have to be a zone owned by a gang, essentially in zone will work!). If this proves too difficult due to traffic or whatever, we try and slap some satchels onto three of them and then move to the zone we want GSF in.

If that proves too difficult, I think you could simply ignore them and try and get other ballas/vagos to spawn in their own normal zones that are near the GSF zone you want increased. Now the problem I have had with this is that they rarely spawn during the attack, I THINK if you kill all but 2 attackers, ballas/vagos will spawn normally in their territories so think in terms of them. So your new objective is getting high density balla/vagos zones near the zone you want GSF in.

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

The great thing about 63 is you, more often than not, see more gang members in traffic and on foot than the usual non-gang NPCs.

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by OG Viking, 2 weeks ago.

GSF gained density in a turf that didn't see any action.

GSF owns EBE3C (East Beach) and I'm making it a shared turf. First I shared it with Vagos by not killing the last four Vagos when they attacked.

Ballas have for a long time been reduced to one turf in Verona Beach (VER01), so they never start wars any more. But I'm using this trick I have learned; when Vagos attacks East Beach, I go to Verona Beach and kill 3 Ballas there. That tricks the game to make Ballas appear as attackers when I enter East Beach. The Ballas turf do not change color when I kill the 3 Ballas. But when I have defended East Beach and killed a bunch of Ballas there, Verona Beach is not purple anymore, it is gray and Ballas are now sharing it with GSF.

It's like the Ballas I fought at East Beach were at Verona Beach. It's so wrong! Annoying too, because I don't want Ballas to lose their last turf yet.

Added:
How much density do a rival gang need in a turf in order to launch an attack from there?

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by King Andreas, A week ago.

Interesting trick for those who want a co-owned territory, OG. It sure beats losing a war to gain a co-owned territory. The only problem seems to be doing it before you get this popup: "You fled the fight. Poor show!"

Based off my tests, it's 14 for a bordering territory and 28 for a distant territory. I have no idea about co-owned ones.

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by OG Viking, A week ago.

Quote tags don't work at the moment, that's why the extra quote markings.

--- QUOTING MYSELF, START ---

But when I have defended East Beach and killed a bunch of Ballas there, Verona Beach is not purple anymore, it is gray and Ballas are now sharing it with GSF.

--- QUOTE END ---
I don't know what I have done different now, but for some reason that Ballas turf in Verona Beach have became DARK purple. I've only done the same that resulted in a gray Verona Beach turf a few days ago: Fought a little in East Beach, mostly against Vagos. I might have let Ballas gain a little bit density in East Beach, then I repossessed East Beach. How should this decrease or increase Ballas density in Verona Beach?

--- QUOTING King Andreas, START ---

Interesting trick for those who want a co-owned territory, OG. It sure beats losing a war to gain a co-owned territory. The only problem seems to be doing it before you get this popup: "You fled the fight. Poor show!"

Based off my tests, it's 14 for a bordering territory and 28 for a distant territory. I have no idea about co-owned ones.

--- QUOTE END ---
I'm unfortunately unable to get the "You fled the fight" message when other gangs are attacking. When they attack and I want to lose the battle, I have to wait several minutes. I can flee but it doesn't end the war. I can only abort a war by fleeing if I'm the attacker.

Thanks for the info, maybe I'll have to keep their density below 14. My goal is to own all turfs but still have access to Vagos and Ballas cars in one area. But at the same time I want their density to be low enough to prevent them from attacking.

But 14 is very little, when I make the attackers spawn and lose the fight without killing any of them, the attackers gain 18 density. But still I hardly ever find rival gangs there. It's like 1 in 100 gangbangers are from the rival gang. 18 density seems to be barely more than nothing.

I wonder if something isn't working right in my game. Because after I have let Ballas gain influence, the area name on-screen is white. It's supposed to be colored when the area is shared.
Added: It turns out that Ballas did not gain density in spite of their victory in East Beach! I try to start a war in East Beach and it's impossible. Must be because it's not shared after all. It makes me wonder how I managed to share it with Ballas the other day. Perhaps it first must be shared with Vagos before I can share it with Ballas.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users