Police Improvements!

70 replies to this topic
sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:18 AM

. Here is a scenario:

You see a timer saying "2 Minutes until back up arrives" When this timer appears cops will stop spawning and you have a better chance to escape. However the time you have until back up arrives decreases your heat level goes up.

I would have agreed to this but... Auto Aim.

This game was balanced around Auto Aim.  Hence, R* spawns more cops to try and make it difficult.

If they took away the auto aim then id agree with your concept.  But if any tom dick or hairy can just spam AA and kill 50 cops in 2 seconds then no.

not true, if youre in the open their easily becomes too many of them that you simply cannot shoot and reload fast enough.  If your under cover in the right spot you can hold them off indefinitely but you could easily do so in free aim as well.  They need a cool down, or spawn further away and come to you like they did in previous games. Hardware limitations is the main reason they suck so bad.  they dont even spawn at all after a short while in 16 player lobbies with a tank blowing them up, lol

Why is hiding in car only in GTA V and not GTA Online? You touch the tip of the radar in Online Mode they see you. In Story Mode you can hide in a car or bush and you can escape. Or when you switch cars they don't know it's you. Again. Why not in Online Mode? (This was added in Watchdogs if I remember)

it sometimes works in online, ive switched hat and glasses and cars and have driven through the blue cone without detection before, but if you get really close they know its you.  pretty buggy though, and even buggier with more players in the lobby so its hard to say.  would be nice to be able to actually use stores and change your entire outfit like it says to do in the loading screen info box, I dont consider using a different hat to be changing your clothes, but I guess it does remove one star so its mildly helpful if you have 3 stars to get rid of the f*cking choppers, otherwise pretty useless in my opinion, lol

LightningLord
  • LightningLord

o(^▽^)o

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:08 AM

Let's be glad police cars aren't immune to spike strips. I remember in Need for Speed Most Wanted 2005, I would see Chevrolet Corvette police cars drive over spikes like they didn't exist. I like how in GTA the police just tail your car and follow your exact path. I guide police cars to spike strips and watch them spin out and crash. :lol:

BravoTwoZero
  • BravoTwoZero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:06 AM Edited by BravoTwoZero, 11 June 2014 - 09:06 AM.

Punched a civilian last night, before my fist even made contact with his face the mini map flashed red....one star. Come on, I hadn't even hit the guy yet, that's some crazy fast response time. I thought we were supposed to see them pull out phones to call police etc BEFORE the stars appear?. Cops know what I'm going to do before I do half the time, it seams.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:07 PM

. Here is a scenario:

You see a timer saying "2 Minutes until back up arrives" When this timer appears cops will stop spawning and you have a better chance to escape. However the time you have until back up arrives decreases your heat level goes up.

This game was balanced around Auto Aim.  Hence, R* spawns more cops to try and make it difficult.

If they took away the auto aim then id agree with your concept.  But if any tom dick or hairy can just spam AA and kill 50 cops in 2 seconds then no.

not true, if youre in the open their easily becomes too many of them that you simply cannot shoot and reload fast enough.  If your under cover in the right spot you can hold them off indefinitely but you could easily do so in free aim as well. 

I play alot of FA and AA... I can easily say AA is a joke when it comes to shoot outs.

I can lock and drop 20 cops in 2 seconds... I can't do that in FA.  Thats my point.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:26 PM

A 2 minutes wait is a long time (way too easy), I think it's fine how it is. If you look at actual police chases and such, it's incredibly hard to actually escape. Those choppers are on you almost 24/7, many which can even detect body heat.

If you look at a real police chase.. They don't have magical portals.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:41 PM

. Here is a scenario:

not true, if youre in the open their easily becomes too many of them that you simply cannot shoot and reload fast enough.  If your under cover in the right spot you can hold them off indefinitely but you could easily do so in free aim as well. 

I play alot of FA and AA... I can easily say AA is a joke when it comes to shoot outs.

I can lock and drop 20 cops in 2 seconds... I can't do that in FA.  Thats my point.

ah, well its no doubt that it was balanced around GTA Traditional Aiming , as its a tradition and all. So i dont see how you could be surprised.

petraeus
  • petraeus

Thug

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:43 PM

Cops are a joke in this game, if you are having problem with them you need to learn 2 play.

luisniko
  • luisniko

That badass milf from Vault 111

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:46 PM

You've been crapping on police's face since PS2 era, now they just want them to win this time =(

Jeff Nesteruk
  • Jeff Nesteruk

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:00 PM

Maybe the police are different in the next gen version of the game, who knows, let's wait and see

Dan_Houser_Official
  • Dan_Houser_Official

I am dan houser pls buy shark cards

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:20 PM

Punched a civilian last night, before my fist even made contact with his face the mini map flashed red....one star. Come on, I hadn't even hit the guy yet, that's some crazy fast response time. I thought we were supposed to see them pull out phones to call police etc BEFORE the stars appear?. Cops know what I'm going to do before I do half the time, it seams.

Reminds me of that futurama episode where they had that robot alien thing tell when a crime was gonna happen before it happened.

CrazyDog150
  • CrazyDog150

Click-Clack Bang!

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:20 PM

When GTA V for PS4,Xbox one and PC comes out,I wanna see the Police Helicopters actually taking off at the police stations and fly to your position.
Just *poof* and 2 of them are right above you seems weird. :/
  • LightningLord likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users