» «
Photo

Police Improvements!

70 replies to this topic
LightningLord411
  • LightningLord411

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:43 PM Edited by LightningLord411, 08 June 2014 - 02:44 PM.

Hello everyone!
I thought it would be good to share this cool idea to you and want your opinion on it. It involves changing the police behavior. Feel free to add anything you think is good.

So I decided to have a 5 Star shoot-out with the police at a convenience store by myself. And HOLY S**T. THOSE COPS NEVER STOP. I was stuck in the backroom of that damn store for 20 minutes. I wanted to throw an airstrike flair outside but Merryweathwr wouldn't let me. As soon as one cops dies another car arrives. I shoot down a copter. Another one spawns as soon as the other is dead. I don't understand why Rockstar didn't put a cooldown system where cops wouldn't spawn for a certain time. Like in Need for Speed Most Wanted 2005. After a certain amount of cop cars are shut down you have a time limit to take down all cops. Here is a scenario:

You see a timer saying "2 Minutes until back up arrives" When this timer appears cops will stop spawning and you have a better chance to escape. However the time you have until back up arrives decreases your heat level goes up.

1 Star: N/A
2 Star: 2 Minutes
3 Star: 1 Minutes 30 Seconds
4 Star: 1 Minute
5 Star: 30 Seconds

The timer starts at random points in time. So use it while you can!
  • darkwar854, arziben, tfroam and 7 others like this

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

Help, I'm steppin' into the Twilight Zone!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:45 PM

Good idea. The cops have been a pain in the a$$ and they need to be fixed. We're preaching, R*. Every minute of the way.

• arziben likes this

EZza2647
  • EZza2647

The Original Funktopus

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:45 PM

Yes. 

But make them less aggressive. One star should be exactly that, cops chasing you trying to arrest you, and if you resist arrest or attack the cops then it goes up  to 2 stars. If they made them less aggressive they could then make them more tactical

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:47 PM Edited by Biohazard Abyss, 08 June 2014 - 02:50 PM.

Just get rid of their goddamn spider senses.  In Watch Dogs, hiding in an alleyway is actually effective, like it should be, while in GTA if you hide, the police always magically detect where you are.

• gta4thewin, GR Choke and mr toasterbutt like this

PrestoWater
  • PrestoWater

HUGE Vice City Fan

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:48 PM

Good idea, I find it so annoying how police helicopters instantly spawn if you destroy one. This idea would make the situation a whole lot better for us!
  • Jeff Nesteruk likes this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:49 PM Edited by Vooodu, 08 June 2014 - 02:51 PM.

The cops are fine its their spawning that needs fixing and their aggro.  I mean police choppers spawning right on top of said players is kind of borked.

Ever since the last update its been broken.

I lose the cops. Not one cop is around yet my radar is still flashing red as if they can see me.  I`ve had police choppers shoot me though the road while i was underground.

Even funnier when you get away to your garage and they start spawning where the garage is located underground on the mini map located in the middle of LS.

Also the way they spawn now is a bit broken.  My radar is flashing red as if they can see me but not one cop is around....  Then the game tries to spawn them near me.

• ten-a-penny likes this

LightningLord411
  • LightningLord411

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:51 PM

Why is hiding in car only in GTA V and not GTA Online? You touch the tip of the radar in Online Mode they see you. In Story Mode you can hide in a car or bush and you can escape. Or when you switch cars they don't know it's you. Again. Why not in Online Mode? (This was added in Watchdogs if I remember)

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:52 PM Edited by Vooodu, 08 June 2014 - 02:54 PM.

Just get rid of their goddamn spider senses.  In Watch Dogs, hiding in an alleyway is actually effective, like it should be, while in GTA if you hide, the police always magically detect where you are.

You can hide in bushes in GTA and the cops will walk by and not notice you tho...

YirbyBond00Y
  • YirbyBond00Y

James Bond + Kirby Fan

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:52 PM

The cops are fine its their spawning that needs fixing and their aggro.  I mean police choppers spawning right on top of said players is kind of borked.

Ever since the last update its been broken.

I lose the cops. Not one cop is around yet my radar is still flashing red as if they can see me.  I`ve had police choppers shoot me though the road while i was underground.

Even funnier when you get away to your garage and they start spawning where the garage is located underground on the mini map.

Also the way they spawn now is a bit broken.  My radar is flashing red as if they can see me but not one cop is around....

To my knowledge, the only way to shake them off at that point is either: A. Switching clothing accessories or B. Getting in and out of your car.

But I do agree with you, cop spawns are absolutely ridiculous in their nature, it's like R* devs did this to goad you into changing your driving patterns.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:54 PM Edited by Biohazard Abyss, 08 June 2014 - 02:54 PM.

Why is hiding in car only in GTA V and not GTA Online? You touch the tip of the radar in Online Mode they see you. In Story Mode you can hide in a car or bush and you can escape. Or when you switch cars they don't know it's you. Again. Why not in Online Mode? (This was added in Watchdogs if I remember)

Yeah in Watch Dogs you can press B/Circle, he cuts the power to the car and slouches down, hiding inside, avoiding helicopter detection.  I've had numerous times in GTAO where I think I found a good hiding spot and the police of course stop in the alleyway, get out of their cars, and search the place.

In Watch Dogs if you're on foot, they actually identify your vehicle if you left it around, then they choose to search that area, saying, "We've found the suspect vehicle," on the police scanner, it's pretty neat.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:54 PM Edited by Vooodu, 08 June 2014 - 02:54 PM.

. Here is a scenario:

You see a timer saying "2 Minutes until back up arrives" When this timer appears cops will stop spawning and you have a better chance to escape. However the time you have until back up arrives decreases your heat level goes up.

I would have agreed to this but... Auto Aim.

This game was balanced around Auto Aim.  Hence, R* spawns more cops to try and make it difficult.

If they took away the auto aim then id agree with your concept.  But if any tom dick or hairy can just spam AA and kill 50 cops in 2 seconds then no.

• MilezDawg likes this

Cakelover21
  • Cakelover21

Unique Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:55 PM

Yes. 

But make them less aggressive. One star should be exactly that, cops chasing you trying to arrest you, and if you resist arrest or attack the cops then it goes up  to 2 stars. If they made them less aggressive they could then make them more tactical

Do you even singleplayer bro?

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:57 PM

Is this your first GTA game? The police have always been an endless spawn...welcome to the way it's always been!
  • MilezDawg and ten-a-penny like this

EZza2647
  • EZza2647

The Original Funktopus

• Members
  • Australia

Yes. 

Do you even singleplayer bro?

Yeah, Did 8 runthrough's so far, and on my 9th, taking my time.

I like how Noose creeps up to you, throws tear gas, then uses hand signals to message where the others go. I remember having a shootout with the cops, and had to stop because they were dragging their dying to a nearby Ambulance.

I hate how the Online world is so dead. It'd give more life to the ghosttown that is Los Santos

LightningLord411
  • LightningLord411

• Members
  • United-States

Yeah in Watch Dogs you can press B/Circle, he cuts the power to the car and slouches down, hiding inside, avoiding helicopter detection.  I've had numerous times in GTAO where I think I found a good hiding spot and the police of course stop in the alleyway, get out of their cars, and search the place.

In Watch Dogs if you're on foot, they actually identify your vehicle if you left it around, then they choose to search that area, saying, "We've found the suspect vehicle," on the police scanner, it's pretty neat.

Yeah! I recall leaving this SUV near a train station in Watch Dogs and when the cops found it I saw Officers and Enforcers going ape sh*t until it blew up. They started to search the area and I hid in a car. I escaped. Why is the stealth system so broken in GTA?
  • Biohazard Abyss likes this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:59 PM

Yeah! I recall leaving this SUV near a train station in Watch Dogs and when the cops found it I saw Officers and Enforcers going ape sh*t until it blew up. They started to search the area and I hid in a car. I escaped. Why is the stealth system so broken in GTA?

Stealth system isn't broken, it's completely non-existant! :colgate:

• lilpokerface likes this

LightningLord411
  • LightningLord411

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:00 PM

Lol.

It's somewhat functional in Single Player. But it is no where to be found in Online.

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:03 PM

This sounds like Red Dead and I'm okay with this.

A cool down period would be nice.

LightningLord411
  • LightningLord411

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:07 PM

How about this?

I was in a 4 Star Chase. I abandon my car and get a different one. I found this busy intersection with well over 20 cars. I drive there. I blend in. All of a sudden:

"Suspect is in a car!"

*Police runs to your exact location*

HOOOOOOOOOOWW???

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:16 PM

How about this?

I was in a 4 Star Chase. I abandon my car and get a different one. I found this busy intersection with well over 20 cars. I drive there. I blend in. All of a sudden:

"Suspect is in a car!"

HOOOOOOOOOOWW???

Snitches...lol

• GR Choke likes this

LightningLord411
  • LightningLord411

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:17 PM

How about this?

"Suspect is in a car!"

HOOOOOOOOOOWW???

Snitches...lol

Haha! :lol:

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:18 PM Edited by Vooodu, 08 June 2014 - 03:19 PM.

Lol.

It's somewhat functional in Single Player. But it is no where to be found in Online.

Stealth works online.  Against AI anyways..

LightningLord411
  • LightningLord411

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:20 PM

Lol.

How?

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:27 PM

Lol.

How?

Notice when you shoot..  Honk your horn.. Crash... You gps lights up a bit.    Its like an aggro radius.

Also if you creep walk you have the least aggro.

I've hid from cops in plain view many times while they ran around looking for me.  Also in missions getting stealth melee kills against AI's.

Once they see you tho.. I don't think you can stealth them again.

Once a cop looses you on the radar and it no longer RED.  As in they are searching for you.. Creeping and make the least amount of noise possible will help.  They just won't see you.

But..like i said the last patch messed something up.  I've went deep underground and had cops spot me from the road above like they had xray vision.  Something is off since the last update.  I think R* tried to make the cops more difficult to loose.  So now the cops are either to aggressive in finding you OR  they don't spawn at all.. Its a bit weird.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:32 PM

How?

Silenced weapons can allow you to take out enemies without alerting others.  But that's really the only thing.

Since the stealth walk is so crap, and once enemies detect you, your position is forever known, and there is no way to distract, or lure enemies away from each other like in Watch Dogs, it's hardly a stealth system.

• PsychoGamer likes this

MichiganMuscle77
  • MichiganMuscle77

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:09 PM

How?

Silenced weapons can allow you to take out enemies without alerting others.  But that's really the only thing.

Since the stealth walk is so crap, and once enemies detect you, your position is forever known, and there is no way to distract, or lure enemies away from each other like in Watch Dogs, it's hardly a stealth system.

Yeah, there is. Enemies will lose sight of you of you break visual contact and sneak away. They can hear you moving if you run, which is probably the problem you're facing.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:31 PM

good idea

don't think the timer should be visible though, would make it too easy and unnatural

would be nicer to just see a gap appear as you're shooting and you just decide to go for it.

• vancouverscott likes this

vancouverscott
  • vancouverscott

might as well go for a soda......

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:45 PM

good idea
don't think the timer should be visible though, would make it too easy and unnatural
would be nicer to just see a gap appear as you're shooting and you just decide to go for it.

This is perfect, to be honest this is what I was expecting last September when I started the game up for the first time.......still hoping for that patch or dlc upgrade to happen where the cop scenarios are improved

BrokenLizard
  • BrokenLizard

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:55 PM

How about this?

"Suspect is in a car!"

HOOOOOOOOOOWW???

This.

Changing a car serves no purpose at all, despite R*s claims to the contrary.
If they don't fix the cops, I can't envision myself playing in a month, just because it shows how little R* cares about better gameplay.
  • mr toasterbutt likes this

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

Gulo Gulo's are awesome.

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:03 PM

Isn't this just like GTA IV OP?

When after you take out the cops  in the immediate area, there's a lull in which you can escape, albeit with a reduced police presence.

I still miss the police chatter like" Dispatching Noose Team from Suffix", or "Requesting chopper support from south west Northwood."

Gave you a heads up to what the police were sending your way.

• MilezDawg and MrRyanMcCall like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users