Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:03 PM

I want to drive a train god damn it!

• Ben73 likes this

rusty_brown_ring_donuts
  • rusty_brown_ring_donuts

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:33 PM

I'm also working on another DLC idea, which is coming soon...

Please make it something for all to enjoy, rather than those who want to play bus driver or fireman.

So sorry, ignoring your wishes before, universetwisters, maybe you tell me, what you really want and if I want that too, I'll include it.

I want to drive a train god damn it!

Damn right and - seeing your signature - I want a Burn Notice addon for GTA V... and one for the Sopranos... Rockstar should license their world, that movie and tv based games doesn't have to be sh*tty anymore ;)

Stop censoring my posts, board software!

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:36 PM

I'm also working on another DLC idea, which is coming soon...

Please make it something for all to enjoy, rather than those who want to play bus driver or fireman.

So sorry, ignoring your wishes before, universetwisters, maybe you tell me, what you really want and if I want that too, I'll include it.

I'm just asking for something that caters to all or at least something that doesn't cater to the "turn GTA into the sims" demographic like I've seen your earlier DLC wishes or the like. And even then, I'd personally like to see much bigger DLC, like how TLAD was to GTA 4, but that seems unlikely.

rusty_brown_ring_donuts

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:56 PM

You said that "turning GTA into the Sims" before and it doesn't really fit to what you can read in these spoof ads.The Sims is a family simulator, what has nothing to do with my DLC ideas. The other thing, saying I want to turn GTA in a "firemen/busdriver/train" simulator is more true, but also just a little part of my ideas (you only referring to the "Role-Play DLC" here, right?). And: It would be a simulator, the GTA way... like before, in GTA games, you not really working as a upright cab driver / firemen / police officer, there is always that GTA twist, making it more fun and less boring - what I tried here too - if you read the whole text, you would know that.

And finally: Why should I want to think about something, you, the guy who is only in this thread to talk bad about it, would also like? Make up your own ideas, if you don't like what you can find here. There is nothing helpful in your posts.

• kingcs and Seenyour31 like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:04 PM

I read the thread when you first posted it but I fail to see the "GTA twist", aside from the "relight my fire" where you mention committing mass sprees of arson. That's what I'm talking about, expand from simple "grand theft auto" and go to arson, spree shooting, and all that fun stuff. But then again, that's just preference. I play GTA to cause massive amounts of mayhem and raise hell that would get me jailed/killed in real life. As far as the last part goes, you asked "maybe you tell me, what you really want and if I want that too, I'll include it." to which I stated that personally I would like to see a DLC the size of TLAD or TBOGT that adds a whole new plot, characters, etc. to the game rather than a gimmick. But then again, I'll probably post that here in the DLC wishlist thread, which come think of it this thread could've gone too.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

What exactly are we doing?

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:01 PM Edited by B Dawg, 20 June 2014 - 09:01 PM.

In a better world, Rockstar would re-add Road Rash style Bike Races, and allow the Baseball Bat to be used as a drive-by weapon outside of races, being able to hit pedestrians, other people on bikes or even smash car windows while riding your bike.

Someone should make this kind of mod for TLAD, I'd LOVE IT.

• Big Danny K, universetwisters and BlackNoise like this

Big Danny K
  • Big Danny K

GTA V for the PC - 27.01.2015

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:10 PM

YOU CAN'T LEAVE YOUR ENGINE ON?!

OR HAVE A FIRST PERSON VIEW WHILE TAKING A TAXI?!

I'M CANCELLING MY PRE ORDER!!!!

----

Just kidding!

And for the Role Play pack, you forgot a Trucker/Long Haul side missions, the ability to hook a trailer to a semi truck is back, why not utilize it?

About the "Bustard" activity - You can try OMSI/OMSI 2 for a similar experience

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:24 PM

And for the Role Play pack, you forgot a Trucker/Long Haul side missions, the ability to hook a trailer to a semi truck is back, why not utilize it?

I usually kept trailers on just so I could pretend I'm a trucker who runs over people riding bicycles. But yeah, it's more fun to stand on them while an NPC is driving a semi and using the top of the trailer as a shooting platform.

• Big Danny K likes this

Big Danny K
  • Big Danny K

GTA V for the PC - 27.01.2015

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:51 PM Edited by Big Danny K, 20 June 2014 - 09:52 PM.

I usually kept trailers on just so I could pretend I'm a trucker who runs over people riding bicycles. But yeah, it's more fun to stand on them while an NPC is driving a semi and using the top of the trailer as a shooting platform.

I'll just set a destenation, put some trucking songs in the custom radio station ("Prisoner of the Highway" by Aaron Tippin, "Six Days on the Road" by Dave Dudley etc.) and get going!

*I'm talking about the future PC version

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:56 PM Edited by bish0p2004, 20 June 2014 - 09:57 PM.

You said that "turning GTA into the Sims" before and it doesn't really fit to what you can read in these spoof ads.The Sims is a family simulator, what has nothing to do with my DLC ideas. The other thing, saying I want to turn GTA in a "firemen/busdriver/train" simulator is more true, but also just a little part of my ideas (you only referring to the "Role-Play DLC" here, right?). And: It would be a simulator, the GTA way... like before, in GTA games, you not really working as a upright cab driver / firemen / police officer, there is always that GTA twist, making it more fun and less boring - what I tried here too - if you read the whole text, you would know that.

And finally: Why should I want to think about something, you, the guy who is only in this thread to talk bad about it, would also like? Make up your own ideas, if you don't like what you can find here. There is nothing helpful in your posts.

Yeah, I've been through this with him...he's thick, so debate at your own risk.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:05 AM

>thick
>opinions

Okay.

But yeah, if anything, I'd be more up for hellraising DLCs rather than roleplaying DLCs. But then again, that's my preference. If you want to play bus driver or street sweeper or whatever, go for it.

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:46 AM

>thick
>opinions

Okay.

But yeah, if anything, I'd be more up for hellraising DLCs rather than roleplaying DLCs. But then again, that's my preference. If you want to play bus driver or street sweeper or whatever, go for it.

Yeah, you're thick when your opinion is wrong. None of the original ideas scream "The Sims."

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:23 AM

Yeah, you're thick when your opinion is wrong. None of the original ideas scream "The Sims."

Can an opinion really be "wrong"? If I were to say I like Neil Young as a musical artist, would that be wrong? If you were to say you like pizza, for example, would that be wrong? I'm saying these sound like they're from the sims because they're reminiscent of law abiding jobs that, in my opinion, it doesn't mix too good with the criminality of the Grand Theft Auto series.

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:43 AM

>thick
>opinions
Okay.

One does not simply make a 'wrong' opinion.
  • universetwisters likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:09 AM

They need to add this kind of stuff in the next gen version. They have more than enough space on all platforms so use it.

AhmadJ
  • AhmadJ

Prankster

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:32 AM

Please. Apartment customization DLC. Pleaseeeeeeeeee

THE_TREVALEV
  • THE_TREVALEV

they eat da poo poo

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:01 AM Edited by THE_TREVALEV, 21 June 2014 - 03:04 AM.

GTA basically is a sim. I don't really see the problem with simple side activities like having peds spawn at one bus stop, and dropping them off at another. Consoles are taking blue ray discs now which have like 60 GB of space. They can add everything under the sun now. It's just about man power
Edit: only 25 gigs. Wouldn't mind seeing two disc versions of GTA VI.

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 21 June 2014 - 05:17 AM

Can an opinion really be "wrong"? If I were to say I like Neil Young as a musical artist, would that be wrong? If you were to say you like pizza, for example, would that be wrong? I'm saying these sound like they're from the sims because they're reminiscent of law abiding jobs that, in my opinion, it doesn't mix too good with the criminality of the Grand Theft Auto series.

I keep trying to tell you, man...nothing in the OP screams The Sims. I could see if the TC requested having to eat, sleep, use the bathroom, date, keep Michael and his family happy, then you would have a point.

As it is now, you're using the comparison incorrectly.

The Sims is about raising a virtual person or family...the features the OP mentioned is nothing like that. Even more, a lot of these features were in previous GTA games. TC just added a little more detail and variation to them.

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2014 - 07:12 AM

In a better world, Rockstar would re-add Road Rash style Bike Races, and allow the Baseball Bat to be used as a drive-by weapon outside of races, being able to hit pedestrians, other people on bikes or even smash car windows while riding your bike.

Someone should make this kind of mod for TLAD, I'd LOVE IT.

I would waste so much time doing this. I like causing mayhem, but sometimes I just want to f*ck with people. You should be able to use all the melee weapons on motorcycles and bicycles 

rusty_brown_ring_donuts

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:04 AM

@universetwisters-debate:

My problem with you is not, that you have your own opinion. Nobody can deny you that. It's just like you go to a star wars convention to tell everyone you don't like star wars. You made your point at the beginning of this thread - this is nothing for you, you would prefer other DLC ideas. That's okay. But why are you staying at this thread if you only want to tell others, that you don't like these ideas - I'm absolutely not getting it. You can see, that other people here like it, so they would be happy, if this would be reality one day.

• BlackNoise, Ben73 and Seenyour31 like this

Ben73
  • Ben73

Homeboy

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:27 PM Edited by Ben73, 21 June 2014 - 01:28 PM.

GTA is known for it's side missions and pastimes. The OP is just expressing his OPINIONS on what side missions and pastimes he would like to see. And it seams quite a few people agree with him. Not every single aspect of GTA has to be about going on a killing rampage. I like going on killing rampages, but it gets boring when you do it non stop.

We know you don't like the OP's ideas, that's cool. I hold nothing against you because we all have our opinions, But making multiple posts about how your don't like it, or it doesn't fit in with the game isn't going to make anyone change their minds.

Please stop trying to relate GTA side missions and pastimes to "The Sims" You clearly have never played The Sims before because I don't think one thing mentioned in the OP is featured in The Sims.

Also did you know on The Sims you can make your character get a job as a criminal?? OMGZ GTA is The Simz!!!1

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

Formerly known as Los Santos Police Department.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:42 PM

The "I am the law" idea is great! 

GTA V needs vigilante missions, and a police DLC would be great!

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Lt Phill Bellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:58 PM

Too true LSPD.

Every time I hear "I am the law" It reminds me of DREDD (2012). You know what would be better then police DLC? LSPDFR on the PC version. What are your thoughts?

Cheers. :)

rusty_brown_ring_donuts

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:24 PM

I would like to have a police DLC too, it would be also interesting, if you can change sides and try to stop Michael, Trevor and Franklin on their mission. Rockstar improved much on storytelling over the last two GTA games, they would get it right :)

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

What exactly are we doing?

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:26 PM

Too true LSPD.

Every time I hear "I am the law" It reminds me of DREDD (2012).

Everytime I hear ''I am the law'' It reminds me of Postal 2, when you put on a Police Uniform and The Dude says that line with a laugh afterwards.

rusty_brown_ring_donuts

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:34 PM

Haha, Postal was a funny game... I remember forcing people to sign that petition against violent video games and after that, buying some milk ;)

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

Formerly known as Los Santos Police Department.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:38 PM

Haha, Postal was a funny game... I remember forcing people to sign that petition against violent video games and after that, buying some milk ;)

It also had realistic steak.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users