Photo

Anti-camper Tactics

60 replies to this topic
Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:42 AM Edited by Furry_Monkey, 08 June 2014 - 12:50 AM.

Camping is a tactic.  It's a fucking sensible one at that.  If GTAO were taking place in the real world then all you pussies would be hiding for days.  Discuss tactics for getting round it, for sure, but don't diss it, because it's legit.  The only people that would cuss it are the people that fall foul of it.

"It's a shitty tactic because it beat me."

Whining about campers is exactly as old as the internet.once 

Its a tactic but a cheap one.Camping requires no skill whatsoever other than your opponent getting impatient and popping out like a fool.

People always cuss tactics that beat them.

Camping is a tactic.  It's a fucking sensible one at that.  If GTAO were taking place in the real world then all you pussies would be hiding for days.  Discuss tactics for getting round it, for sure, but don't diss it, because it's legit.  The only people that would cuss it are the people that fall foul of it.

Whining about campers is exactly as old as the internet.

This is not real life, you can't compare real life and camping, why? because it's a game.

And what if we whine about this? We are discussing our tactics to get rid of campers, i clearly said above that if you support R1/RBers just leave the thread, again, we are discussing anti-camping tactics.

"It's a sh*tty tactic because it beat me" Yes sir, you're right, it's a sh*tty tactic because it beat me, it beats everyone.

In COD for example, can you kill a camper? Of course not, you don't know where is he, he has all the areas where you can attack him covered, and if you manage to enter his little area he'll kill you first. It's a sh*tty tactic because the other people is in a huge disadvantage. This thread is about sharing our actions and reactions when we see a camper, it is not about if camping is sh*tty or not. 

You don't decide who posts in this thread.  It's not yours.

User was warned for this post.

Bluesun62
  • Bluesun62

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:16 AM

You guys make me laugh. All of those tactics have been used on me and none of them really work well. And don't assume that because someone is camping on a roof sniping that they can't handle themselves on the ground.

A good sniper does not stay in one spot long and I can be on another roof before you respawn.

If you really want to learn how to dispatch them you have to learn the sniping game. Once you know how to play it you may stand a better chance against them.

• Furry_Monkey, Cornbat, rharri02 and 2 others like this

GR Choke
  • GR Choke

Fun Race Creator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:39 AM

off radar or fire an rpg

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:43 AM

You guys make me laugh. All of those tactics have been used on me and none of them really work well. And don't assume that because someone is camping on a roof sniping that they can't handle themselves on the ground.

A good sniper does not stay in one spot long and I can be on another roof before you respawn.

If you really want to learn how to dispatch them you have to learn the sniping game. Once you know how to play it you may stand a better chance against them.

Truth, right there.  Too many people equate being beaten by a tactic they don't like, employ or understand end up whining on here about it.  Get over it and get better at the game.

• slowburn29, rharri02, Fonshway and 1 other like this

LightningLord
  • LightningLord

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:47 AM

Get over it and get better at the game.

:^:

rharri02
  • rharri02

Chicken of the Cave!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:09 AM

@Furry_Monkey and @Bluesun62

Truer words were never spoken... Especially on sniping in GTAO. You honestly can't really "camp" in GTA. It's a freaking city so use that to your advantage. Not only that, but good snipers don't pin themselves in without an escape route or advantageous cover to truly protect yourself. Either way, if you don't like getting sniped then get out of there or know how to fight back. The most important thing to know about attacking snipers is their exact location and their viewpoint. Most of you all posted strategies to fight against novice snipers that "skyline" on top of buildings. Bottom line, what you guys call camping in GTA is really just someone using their viewpoint to their own advantage. I've always seen camping as blocking one or two passages in a small map in order to bottleneck players into your killzone. You don't have to be in that sniper's view after realizing he is attacking you. In addition, I find it hilarious when ANYONE mentions camping and GTA in the same sentence. Idiots. Not possible to camp in GTA. (Plus, I believe camping is an effective real-life situational tactic- hmm... I wonder what the majority of our world's military does???)

• Bluesun62 and RoyalRedXIII like this

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:17 AM Edited by redx165, 08 June 2014 - 03:18 AM.

No offense but this game is the easiest game to stop those people from hiding. 

You got, Merryweather Airstrikes or Mercenaries. You got Lamar's mugger, you got off the radar, you also got a Heavy Sniper and last but not least you got the most deadest one out of them all. THE TANK. I think those people who just hide behind things in every gun fight in cowards. I can some what understand them doing it for this game but for a game like Red Dead Redemption it annoyed me. 

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:18 AM

You got, Merryweather Airstrikes or Mercenaries. You got Lamar's mugger, you got off the radar, you also got a Heavy Sniper and last but not least you got the most deadest one out of them all. THE TANK. I think those people who just hide behind things in every gun fight in cowards. I can some what understand them doing it for this game but for a game like Red Dead Redemption it annoyed me. 

people who use tanks are cowards and people who change text color are annoying

• Cornbat, D3ViOU5 and RoyalRedXIII like this

SidSid
  • SidSid

Chairman of Juank Air

• Members

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:23 AM

calling the cops on them may work too.  The number is (911).

this saves me making an entire new thread asking what the number is

• LightningLord likes this

Mikelo
  • Mikelo

Metalhead

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:32 AM Edited by Mikelo, 08 June 2014 - 03:38 AM.

Wow, seriously people that think that we're whining are the real whiners.

I'm not complaining about anything, i'm not whining, i just made a thread about our anti-camper tactics. I never said that campers were owning me, that i couldn't handle them, i said that my tactic was to use the RPG or C4 and blow up them. Merryweather, tank, mugger they're all good. I don't use them because you spend a lot of money with it plus the cooling times, plus they arrive late. etcetera.

Heavy Sniper is a great idea too, but it doesn't work in all the situations were your enemy camps.

Truth, right there.  Too many people equate being beaten by a tactic they don't like, employ or understand end up whining on here about it.  Get over it and get better at the game.

Wow, you don't understand right? Get better in the game? What do you expect? Do you want me to learn how to shoot through the walls, or use some kind of X-Ray to detect where the campers are and shoot through the cover? Do you want me to do something else? Well, post your tactic/strategy on this thread since it's the f*ckING MAIN TOPIC. You just came here to whine and judge my thread when i clearly said in the op that i didn't want people like you, please go.

P.D: Thank you all, you gave some fresh ideas of new ways to get rid of this kind of people.

• LightningLord likes this

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:47 AM

Honestly if someone is getting double or tripled team I can see a tank evening the odds. 

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:51 AM

Honestly if someone is getting double or tripled team I can see a tank evening the odds. 

tanks are way overpowered and can take on a bunch of guys on the ground, lol, i only use it to kill another tank.  I can take on 2-3 people sometimes when theres no lag if they arent really good and dont work together well, but if they work together, you better run, lol

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:56 AM

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE

KornbreadMaf1a
  • KornbreadMaf1a

You come at the king you best not miss.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:08 AM

Looks like Furry Monkey is a camping ass bitch. Trying to say camping is a legit tactic, ha its a bitch move used by people who arn't good enough at the game to stand and fight so they have to rely on cheap shots to get kills. Sucking dick is a tactic too but non fa**ots choose not to do it.

Keegeroo
  • Keegeroo

S Q U ∆ D

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:19 AM

Go around them? If they're focusing on a particular area, obviously don't go there. Go off radar, a few blocks down the street then circle around. Also there's nothing wrong with sniping, fair game IMO.

GTA Master 007
  • GTA Master 007

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:29 AM

Its a feature same as auto-aim and jetpack.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:33 AM

Looks like Furry Monkey is a camping ass bitch. Trying to say camping is a legit tactic, ha its a bitch move used by people who arn't good enough at the game to stand and fight so they have to rely on cheap shots to get kills. Sucking dick is a tactic too but non fa**ots choose not to do it.

Wow.  Your eloquent response really proved your point.  I thank you for your intelligence and will strive to be a great player like you.

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:04 AM

Whining about campers is exactly as old as the internet.once

Its a tactic but a cheap one.Camping requires no skill whatsoever other than your opponent getting impatient and popping out like a fool.

It does take skill. An unskilled camper is just a sitting duck on a perch who won't score more than 1 or 2 lucky kills. You wanna know a cheap, unskilled tactic? TANKS.

And I would say it's not about your opponent being impatient, it's about you being more patient than he is. Most players don't have the patience to camp effectively.

Only thing I would say is that camping doesn't necessarily equal sniping. They are related skills, but a camper doesn't have to snipe.

It's a mistake to assume that a person who camps isn't good at ground fighting or running and gunning. If you do make that assumption about a skilled player, you'll regret doing that the second he starts running and gunning and beating you at your own game. Often times, the best campers are the ones who alredy understand how run n gunners play, which isn't to hard because they don't rely on using as many tactics as a camper.

gbrown100
  • gbrown100

Ninja

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:10 AM

Off-Radar + HALO jump. /thread

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:19 AM

To the OP, most of the aforementioned tactics will work against a camper, but the best tool is PATIENCE lol. This one will help you the most.

Campers are patient by nature so you have to beat him at his own game. For example, RPGs are a good weapon choice, but that is useless to you if you decide to go run n gun with the RPG out in the open like you would do with anything else. You do that, and a good camper will pick you off, no sweat. Find some cover, and determine his location and range, and observe how often he comes out from his cover. The same way gunners have a combat roll pattern, they have ones too. Just wait for the opening to catch him.

The second best thing is knowing your location. If you know what kind of surface he's on, sometimes you'll find you have the advantage. Some roofs have a ledge that you can't shoot over, so the player has to climb on the ledge, and then shoot. This is a HUGE advantage for you because it gives you a few seconds of open fire on him before he can even shoot back.

Also knowing your surroundings will make it easier to get to him. If you feel disadvantaged, bring the fight to him. Knowing where the ladders and other spots that give you access to the roof are gives you the opportunity to run up to him, as well as KEEP HIM FROM GETTING BACK TO HIS PERCH after you pluck him out the first time.

Also, take advantage of being on the ground. If your on the ground, you have more space to roam and switch position than he does. Miniguns, snipers, explosives and MGs work well, but which one is best all depends on the situation, so you have to decide that at each fight.

(About the miniguns, try to position your cover with the opening to the right, considering that all of the weapons are right handed. If you do that, you can take aim at your mark without stepping too far from your cover.)

Mikelo
  • Mikelo

Metalhead

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:08 AM Edited by Mikelo, 08 June 2014 - 06:09 AM.

To the OP, most of the aforementioned tactics will work against a camper, but the best tool is PATIENCE lol. This one will help you the most.

Campers are patient by nature so you have to beat him at his own game. For example, RPGs are a good weapon choice, but that is useless to you if you decide to go run n gun with the RPG out in the open like you would do with anything else. You do that, and a good camper will pick you off, no sweat. Find some cover, and determine his location and range, and observe how often he comes out from his cover. The same way gunners have a combat roll pattern, they have ones too. Just wait for the opening to catch him.

The second best thing is knowing your location. If you know what kind of surface he's on, sometimes you'll find you have the advantage. Some roofs have a ledge that you can't shoot over, so the player has to climb on the ledge, and then shoot. This is a HUGE advantage for you because it gives you a few seconds of open fire on him before he can even shoot back.

Also knowing your surroundings will make it easier to get to him. If you feel disadvantaged, bring the fight to him. Knowing where the ladders and other spots that give you access to the roof are gives you the opportunity to run up to him, as well as KEEP HIM FROM GETTING BACK TO HIS PERCH after you pluck him out the first time.

Also, take advantage of being on the ground. If your on the ground, you have more space to roam and switch position than he does. Miniguns, snipers, explosives and MGs work well, but which one is best all depends on the situation, so you have to decide that at each fight.

(About the miniguns, try to position your cover with the opening to the right, considering that all of the weapons are right handed. If you do that, you can take aim at your mark without stepping too far from your cover.)

Thank you, this is the best reply of this thread. I usually go running and gunning with the RPG because i'm of the rusher type, losing 2-4 Rockets.

By this thread i learnt that running and gunning against campers is often stupid.

• RoyalRedXIII likes this

TrevorsMom
  • TrevorsMom

Wee wee pipe

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:04 AM

your_tears_are_delicious_by_bizrat-d5svk

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:08 AM

Thank you, this is the best reply of this thread. I usually go running and gunning with the RPG because i'm of the rusher type, losing 2-4 Rockets.
By this thread i learnt that running and gunning against campers is often stupid.

Glad I could help :) I have a good understanding of it cause I like to camp 60% of the time. That being said...

I look forward to picking you off and making you lose rockets if ever I see you lol.
  • Bluesun62 and Mikelo like this

garvdart
  • garvdart

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:58 PM

Not going too argue about cheapness etc....anti camper flank and fool...unlike cod etc there are very few areas that one can be perfectly defended....unless we get proximity bombs, trip wires, sniper on roof top find cover call mechanic very few snipers can hit a driver while at top speed moving away..  off the radar, the trick is too anticipate what they would think you will do..then do the opposite, love the parachute trick but even with of the radar they will hear your plane.

The Byzantine Empire
  • The Byzantine Empire

Galan From Taa

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:04 PM

The best anti-camper tactis is, using a grenade launcher. The simple and clean solution.

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:17 PM

Keeping wild animals on my land usually helps, also making sure there's always animal muck in the stream helps keep those trespassing rogues at bay!!

Oh wait....

:p
  • Furry_Monkey and RoyalRedXIII like this

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

I bust until I'm empty, best chance to take you with me.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:18 PM

Something called flanking. They invented it 3000 years ago. Quite surprised you haven't heard of it.

NinjaBeezy
  • NinjaBeezy

Ninja Assassin

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:19 PM

I usually just enable passive mode walk up to them and start jerking or air thrust on them ,  once they realize I'm in passive mode they'll stand up and start jerking back,  that's when I'll have my other crew  member snipe them from down the block 

Juicyfer
  • Juicyfer

Headless Stuntman

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:25 PM

There's a reason why soldiers don't complain about campers... because you don't see people run&gunning in real life. In the mighty words of OnlyAfro, GIT GUD

Seriously, there's dozens of ways to deal with campers. The most effective one is: Walk away.

You don't charge at a bunker, you destroy it from afar. You don't ram a tank, you shoot at it from behind. You don't go Rambo on a platoon, you pick them off with Guerilla tactics. When your enemy has an advantage so overwhelming that you can't fight them head on, fight them sideways.

garvdart
  • garvdart

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:38 PM

@Furry_Monkey and @Bluesun62

Truer words were never spoken... Especially on sniping in GTAO. You honestly can't really "camp" in GTA. It's a freaking city so use that to your advantage. Not only that, but good snipers don't pin themselves in without an escape route or advantageous cover to truly protect yourself. Either way, if you don't like getting sniped then get out of there or know how to fight back. The most important thing to know about attacking snipers is their exact location and their viewpoint. Most of you all posted strategies to fight against novice snipers that "skyline" on top of buildings. Bottom line, what you guys call camping in GTA is really just someone using their viewpoint to their own advantage. I've always seen camping as blocking one or two passages in a small map in order to bottleneck players into your killzone. You don't have to be in that sniper's view after realizing he is attacking you. In addition, I find it hilarious when ANYONE mentions camping and GTA in the same sentence. Idiots. Not possible to camp in GTA. (Plus, I believe camping is an effective real-life situational tactic- hmm... I wonder what the majority of our world's military does???)

Exactly...open city find a taller building...I never skyline roof tops...parking garages are the best multiple tiers...and getaway vehicle. Also you can block entrances....sticky bombs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users