Photo

Next GTA possibly in Boston

22 replies to this topic
Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:47 PM

I was browsing through old threads in the Gaming Chat section, and surprised to remember this coming up and the fact that it never appeared in here in Series Chat.

Back in February Rockstar met with the Boston police department, according to officer Richard Wallas's twitter. Soon afterward people picked up on the tweet it was soon removed.

Evidence
ulzj.png

Why is this relevant exactly? Well if you look at Rockstar's recent history with their games (more notably GTA and Max Payne) you'll notice that they've gone to the cities their games are based in and done research beforehand.

While it can be assumed a Bully sequel is the reason that they're there, based on the fact it's a New England location, I feel otherwise. While the entire concept of "bullying" is a crime, I don't understand why they would go to the effort of getting in contact with local police for research.

I may be wrong in assuming this is GTA related, but it's what makes most sense to me anyway. Plus I'm very keen on the idea of a new city based on Boston. It's a wonderful city with enough grime and scum to work well for GTA. Plus it's got a nice cold, east coast vibe without being too much like Liberty City.

Feel free to discuss...

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 07 June 2014 - 05:05 PM Edited by Tycek, 07 June 2014 - 09:29 PM.

I can't say I am big fan of the Boston, but maybe simply because there is nothing special in that city(I only remember it from Boston Public and Ally McBeal TV-series), but I always welcome something fresh. I guess it would have stronger influence of Irish gangsters this time. 

• theGTAking101 likes this

Ambient_
  • Ambient_

Loving GTA:O

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:20 PM

LA Noire spiritual successor

ssbawesome
  • ssbawesome

The Eigth Sage

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:36 PM

I'm leaning more on the side of an L.A. Noire sequel, as R* would need a more in depth look into the police for an L.A. Noire sequel than a GTA game.

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

Lance Wilder

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:39 PM

I really hope it isn't in relation to the next "big" GTA. They have to revisit Vice City before starting anew. They have to damnit.

If anything, I'd bank on a spiritual successor to L.A. Noire like Ambient_ suggested.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:00 PM

What makes Boston scream "LA Noire spiritual successor"? They talked to both the NYPD and LAPD for IV and V respectivley as well when doing research.

Zello
  • Zello

Hired Gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 01:22 AM

Could be a new Midnight club

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Rumpy Bumps

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 01:43 AM

Could be a new Midnight club

Or even better, Manhunt. 

*fangasm*

tumblr_ldz5a6Elx21qbob3u.gif

• Zello likes this

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 08 June 2014 - 01:51 AM

Could be a number of games that they have been researching Boston for. Next GTA, Bully, L.A Noire (type) etc. Or they could even be researching Boston for a whole new game series that hasn't been announced yet.

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:28 AM

Couple of days ago I watched The Town for the first time. I was sold on Boston as a setting right there and then.

Throw in some NH and Rhode Island and you have a cracking, expansive setting a world away from the traditional big three (LS, LC and VC).

Pay attention to the locale while you're watching the awesome bank robbery scene. Wouldn't it be great?

• universetwisters, TheUnholy and Niko Vercetti 112 like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Rumpy Bumps

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:33 PM Edited by universetwisters, 08 June 2014 - 12:33 PM.

I hear people say the prologue in V was based off "The Town" but I don't see many similarities.

Loc14
  • Loc14

The Dark Knight

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:42 PM

Maybe Agent? Boston doesn't seem to fit a GTA, but well.

Tony.
  • Tony.

I don't agree with that in the workplace

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:39 PM

I remember that tweet as well. I doubt it's Bully, and I also doubt it's Agent since that game has been in development for a long time already, so any location scouting by now has probably been done. It's either a new location for GTA, or a completely new series that they're starting that's set in Boston. I love Boston, so either way, I wouldn't mind, and I'm curious as to what's gonna be set there.

Phoenix_Shit
  • Phoenix_Shit

First rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about fight club.

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:32 PM

Well, if so, then say goodnight to Vice City  :cry:

ssbawesome
  • ssbawesome

The Eigth Sage

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:41 PM

It could also be: Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis Hardcore: Boston. It's an open world table tennis game where you must rise to the top of the underground table tennis league while staying one step ahead of the law. Fight the intruding police officers by using an array of dangerous weapons such as, the spiked paddle, the grenade ball, and the exploding decoy table. Travel from underground arena to underground arena by using a large variety of supercars that all handle the exact same way. Take control of the city by defeating other table tennis teams and raiding their hideouts. Get ready for the non-stop action. Coming soon. Yoga not included.

• universetwisters, gtarelatedusername2 and Spadge007 like this

Tony.
  • Tony.

I don't agree with that in the workplace

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:02 AM

It could also be: Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis Hardcore: Boston. It's an open world table tennis game where you must rise to the top of the underground table tennis league while staying one step ahead of the law. Fight the intruding police officers by using an array of dangerous weapons such as, the spiked paddle, the grenade ball, and the exploding decoy table. Travel from underground arena to underground arena by using a large variety of supercars that all handle the exact same way. Take control of the city by defeating other table tennis teams and raiding their hideouts. Get ready for the non-stop action. Coming soon. Yoga not included.

Yoga will be promised DLC that will never come.

• universetwisters, ssbawesome and gtarelatedusername2 like this

fuck sivispacem
  • fuck sivispacem

I love Sivispacem

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:49 AM

what happened to the development of Agent?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Rumpy Bumps

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:23 AM

what happened to the development of Agent?

It got lost under Dan & Sam's Houser's bed and forgotten.

fuck sivispacem
  • fuck sivispacem

I love Sivispacem

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:42 AM

well after some research i've ruled out Agent from this theory of a new game in boston

The game is set during the Cold War and will take players into "the world of counter-intelligence, espionage and political assassinations", according to a Rockstar press release. Rockstar has yet to reveal any details regarding the setting other than the fact that it will be set in the late 1970s.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Rumpy Bumps

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:18 PM

well after some research i've ruled out Agent from this theory of a new game in boston

The game is set during the Cold War and will take players into "the world of counter-intelligence, espionage and political assassinations", according to a Rockstar press release. Rockstar has yet to reveal any details regarding the setting other than the fact that it will be set in the late 1970s.

Who's to say there weren't a whole sh*tton of spies in Boston during the 1970s?

Flūttershy
  • Flūttershy

Tember Mitle

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:24 AM

Rockstar asking for help from police officers to make a game where you shoot police officers? That's gotta be a tad awkward.

fuck sivispacem
  • fuck sivispacem

I love Sivispacem

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:17 AM Edited by GroveVendetta, 10 June 2014 - 03:18 AM.

Who's to say there weren't a whole sh*tton of spies in Boston during the 1970s?

I've taken US History and nothing exciting happened in the name of Boston during the 70s

Mr.Killa
  • Mr.Killa

They got money for war, but canīt feed the poor

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:00 AM

Meh. If R* are going to do a new city, New Orleans, Detroit or D.C. would be a better choice IMO. Most of all I want to see San Fiero. In the 70s. Or Las Venturas in the 70s. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users