Quantcast

» «
Photo

What's the point in the Bohan bridge under construction?

9 replies to this topic
StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 June 2014 - 02:46 PM Edited by StormerBoy, 07 June 2014 - 02:54 PM.

At the bottom of Bohan there is a major new bridge under construction. If you travel along it you an actually make the jump over water, even though the bridge is not yet finished you can land on the ground.

My question is, where is the bridge actually supposed to lead to or what is the purpose of it? I know where it is leading to in as much as the other side of it is also under construction (so you can see where it is literally going). But once the construction is complete, I don't see the the point of it or how it connects up with the rest of the road network that is already in place?

Edit: This bridge I'm on about:

sj15.jpg

• theGTAking101 and kipakolonyasi like this

Jioyt 123
  • Jioyt 123

Shop Steward

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:03 PM Edited by Jioyt 123, 08 June 2014 - 04:58 PM.

It would make travelling around the city alot faster, especially if the building under construction on the other side of the unfinished bridge your facing was a buisiness building. Apart from that, it makes a decent stunt jump( unless you land in the water, or bhind the building your supposed to land on.

And now, i shall play GTA IV just for the sake of making sense of this bridge, despite the post 2 below me

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:42 PM Edited by Tycek, 07 June 2014 - 03:43 PM.

If you're asking when this bridge would lead if finished answer is simple. It would be connected to the East Borough Bridge just after the ramp leading to southern Bohan, making whole loop around the borough. As you can see the road is ending in quite strange way there, quickly turning from two lane expressway into some narrow roads. Probably some legal issues with acquiring the air rights from the surrounding buildings or budget cuts stopped the construction for a while. 

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:45 AM

They were almost done completing it until they found out they couldn't find where to make the bridge end. What you see in GTA 4 is them dismantling the bridge as a result of poor urban planning.

• Tony., ddyoung, StormerBoy and 5 others like this

JordCorner
  • JordCorner

Smoke Show

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:49 PM

They were almost done completing it until they found out they couldn't find where to make the bridge end. What you see in GTA 4 is them dismantling the bridge as a result of poor urban planning.

This

• universetwisters likes this

Tony.
  • Tony.

We need to build a Walmart. And it has to be built quickly!

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:46 AM Edited by Tony., 09 June 2014 - 05:48 AM.

I always thought it was gonna lead to where that other unfinished expressway ramp is, which would then lead into Algonquin through a new tunnel or bridge. It kinda looks like there's a toll both under construction in that spot, unless I'm remembering it wrong and that thing under construction isn't for a set of toll booths. I'm gonna have to check it out again, since I remember flying around a while ago trying to make sense of where that expressway under construction could possibly lead to.

IF GTA Online does bring back Liberty City, it'd be nice to see this thing finished. 6 years on should be enough time for a project like that to be completed (unless they go with universetwister's theory that it was a failure).

• universetwisters likes this

ddyoung
  • ddyoung

Get freaky... Not that freaky

• Members
  • England

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:41 AM

I always wondered what the under construction subway bridge in Broker would have done had it been completed. Seemed kind of useless in it's current position.

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Have no fear, Olek is here! Mwahahaha...

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:53 PM

What did happen to it in GTA CW anyways?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:22 PM

What did happen to it in GTA CW anyways?

If I recall, it looked about exactly the same.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Phill Bellic. The Universal L.E.O.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:23 AM

I feel it is to show a city in progress, a city that is constantly under development and renewal.

Cheers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users