Photo

Road Rage

65 replies to this topic
TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

may His darkness be your light

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:14 PM Edited by TECHN9CiAN, 07 June 2014 - 10:32 PM.

Trucks down here, and there is a lot it is Texas haha, tend to have a lot of road rage and like to cut you off at the last minute. Then if you pass them or try to merge, they'll speed up and waste all of their gas like a bunch of redneck idiots.

9 times out of 10, they "cut you off at the last minute" because you refuse to let him in when the blinker first goes off. Dont blame truckers for your lack of courtesy, and wonder why they get vindictive.
What are you talking about? Honestly, I think It'd be best for you to just keep your ignorant mouth shut if all you're going to do is base your arguments off of assumptions. Get out of here...

I'm sure staying in my lane and seeing a truck riding behind me that decides to speed up and then cut me off without a blinker is my fault right. Right? Right? What f*cking world are you living in?
wooah there hes a trucker / marine. Dude hes obviously an jarhead who has earned his rights to drive how he wants :p
What makes me road rage the most tho is dumbasses who drive at your speed when trying to merge into highways, expecting you to move over and let them in. Thats not how it works. You either speed up if youre ahead or slow down when youre behind. Its not the highway traffic's responsibility to accomodate the clueless on-rampers.
Ever heard of yielding, bud? Educate yourself.

You're the type of person that we don't need on the road. Where and how did you get your license? You sound like an absolute dickhead of a driver, I'm just being completely honest with you.
Do you have a CDL? Clearly not. Class A laws are not the same as class C being that trucks carry heavy cargo that alters the braking ability, on top of the fact thay trucks use air-brakes and risk jack-knifing when braking or switching lanes suddenly, which together limit the safe braking ability of trucks, making that extra large gap between trucks and the car(s) in front of it necessary to avoid accidets, otherwise the person cutting in will get rammed.

And switching lanes from the right lane to a middle lane is illegal for several safety reason.

Educate yourself before telling me to do the same.

Edit: you speak like the typical ignorant class c driver; you dont understand the differences and challenge of being a class A driver. I guarantee you that if you get yourself educated and acquire a class A license, your tone and view on the matter will change deamatically. You and i are not the same; your class c laws dont apply to me, since im regulated and held at a different standard.

And to answer your question, i got my license in California, the state with the strictes rules and regulations for commercial drivers.

Got this from the link u provided:
"Yielding - used when speaking of traffic regulations, means that you must give the right-of-way to the vehicle that is LAWFULLY proceeding on the roadway. " Its unlawful to cut in or match the speed of the car beside you, trying force other vehicles out of their lane, just so you can force your way in.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

I have no patience for you V section lurkers

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2014 - 11:19 PM Edited by StingrayX, 07 June 2014 - 11:20 PM.

When I meant trucks, I meant these kinds of trucks:

640px-Toyota_Tundra_Crew_Max_Limited.jpg

:dozing: To this day, I've had no problems with 18-wheelers.

• TECHN9CiAN likes this

JIMHO
  • JIMHO

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 June 2014 - 11:27 PM

What kind of person would someone get road rage in a Toyota Tundra?

• Jeone likes this

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:26 AM Edited by TECHN9CiAN, 08 June 2014 - 12:38 AM.

When I meant trucks, I meant these kinds of trucks:
640px-Toyota_Tundra_Crew_Max_Limited.jpg
:dozing: To this day, I've had no problems with 18-wheelers.

Good. Cuz most truckers are curtious and safety oriented, any problem with a trucker is rarely the truckers fault.

Just remember tho if anyone wants to hate truckers (18 wheelers): if you store-bought it, a truck brought it. You better pray that the 2016 e-log law doesnt get truckers to go on strike, cuz that will shut down the country instantly.

Edit: and pick up truck drivers are not truckers, so dont call them that. Especially a faggy toyota truck driver.
  • Sting4S likes this

SolidSnails
  • SolidSnails

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:28 AM

You two should probably bring the conversation to private messages before a mod locks this or bans you ect
  • Sting4S likes this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:37 AM Edited by StingrayX, 08 June 2014 - 12:39 AM.

What kind of person would someone get road rage in a Toyota Tundra?

A Texan.

Anyways the argument is over @above.

JIMHO
  • JIMHO

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:47 AM Edited by JIMHO, 08 June 2014 - 12:52 AM.

A moderator can't justify locking this based on the current conversation because a moderator tried to make the connection that the kind of vehicle you drive affects how much you road rage.

SolidSnails
  • SolidSnails

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 June 2014 - 01:03 AM

A moderator can't justify locking this based on the current conversation because a moderator tried to make the connection that the kind of vehicle you drive affects how much you road rage.

yeah but look at the mods on these forums theres maybe 3 good ones through out the entire forum

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 08 June 2014 - 01:29 AM Edited by GunWrath, 08 June 2014 - 01:29 AM.

@Technician

A lot of truck drivers already use electronic logs. Hell, they even make their drivers carry phones with a 'dispatch' app in which they can logs their driving hours, loads, and enter the times in which they've taken their 'breaks'. So I highly doubt a strike is in the near future.. but not every trucker is a union man, so don't expect the country to shut down 'instantly'. Economy is sh*t.. truckers will continue to run loads to provide for their families. This isn't the 70's.

OT:

Anyways, I only get slight road rage and usually when someone is in the fast lane going the side by side (same speed) with the car in the slow lane and offenses such as that then I get violent road rage when someone cuts me off, makes me apply my brakes in an emergency fashion or someone blasts their music above a respectable decibel for my ears next to me.

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:26 AM Edited by TECHN9CiAN, 08 June 2014 - 04:33 AM.

A lot of line drivers, yeah, their on e logs and probably dont care since they have no reason to drive illegal in the first place, but their not who will be affected by the e logs, its the owner opperators that will continue getting crippled by the increasing fuel costs, EPA requirements, and e logs. Many of these drivers are not gonna be able to afford the EPA required upgrades and definitely wont be able to make payments for their truck and stil turn a profit to support themselves and their loved ones. The industry is a dying one, with e logs being the final killshot.

all these increased costs, and e logs making it impossible to go over hours, which is necessary to make deliveries in time and alllow drivers to profit, are gonna end up affecting consumers, who will end up picking up the cost, and leave a lot of owner operators broke.

Sure, the majority of drivers arent unionised, but with the impact the e logs will make, there are gonna be a lot of drivers leaving the industry if not just going on strike, you'll see. Whats the motivation to stay working as a driver and be away from home and the family you work to provide for for weeks at a time if youre gonna only make just barely more than a minimum wage worker flipping burgers in your home town?

krashr
  • krashr

face

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:11 AM Edited by krashr, 08 June 2014 - 05:56 AM.

op- interested to know if he would have reacted the same way if it was a big scary looking dude in the other car? i agree with what others have said about maybe being careful of how fast your bf can flip his rage back on you if you happen to cross him.. having said that, i obviously know nothing about him or your relationship, other than what you have said in your post. (the "go back to india" part didn't really endear me to his cause though)

i remember being in the car with my mum one time as she started going off at someone for exiting a roundabout without indicating, funny thing was that as my mum was yelling at this other driver she then exited the roundabout herself without indicating haha. i still give her sh*t about it

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:45 AM

road rage is an interesting phenomenon.

people change when they get behind the wheel of a car.

the nicest, sweetest people will become animals; all because we're willing to thrust a thousand pounds of metal around the pavement @ 80 MPH just to find the fastest lane to get around the car in front of us just to arrive at our destination a few seconds quicker. and the places we're going aren't even that important.

but we'll kill mother f*ckers to get there as long we don't know who they are.

it's amazing.

• a20characterusername, krashr and IVIechanomics like this

SolidSnails
  • SolidSnails

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:07 AM

the nicest, sweetest people will become animals; all because we're willing to thrust a thousand pounds of metal around the pavement @ 80 MPH just to find the fastest lane to get around the car in front of us just to arrive at our destination a few seconds quicker. and the places we're going aren't even that important.

it's amazing.

i find it interesting we get into cages of death and make them go incredibly fast in hopes of getting to point A to B without dieing

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Faceless, Nameless, Endless War

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:16 AM

Good. Cuz most truckers are curtious and safety oriented, any problem with a trucker is rarely the truckers fault.

In the UK I largely agree, with the possible exception of foreign, primarily Eastern European plated lorries. Which tend not to have the 56mph limiters fitted that most articulated vehicles in the UK need, and well as the steering wheel on the wrong side, and quite often drivers who are doing other things (I.E watching a DVD).

Utter lunatics.

LightningLord411
  • LightningLord411

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:45 AM

Give him a blowjob. That should chill him out.

Seriously? Damn. So stereotypical.

RedBull FM
  • RedBull FM

#BUCKLEUPBABY

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:04 PM

• Killerdude8, Eris and EphemeralStar like this

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Faceless, Nameless, Endless War

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:30 PM

I've not seen that before but it's f*cking hilarious.
  • RedBull FM likes this

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:40 PM Edited by GunWrath, 08 June 2014 - 12:41 PM.

A lot of line drivers, yeah, their on e logs and probably dont care since they have no reason to drive illegal in the first place, but their not who will be affected by the e logs, its the owner opperators that will continue getting crippled by the increasing fuel costs, EPA requirements, and e logs. Many of these drivers are not gonna be able to afford the EPA required upgrades and definitely wont be able to make payments for their truck and stil turn a profit to support themselves and their loved ones. The industry is a dying one, with e logs being the final killshot.

all these increased costs, and e logs making it impossible to go over hours, which is necessary to make deliveries in time and alllow drivers to profit, are gonna end up affecting consumers, who will end up picking up the cost, and leave a lot of owner operators broke.

Sure, the majority of drivers arent unionised, but with the impact the e logs will make, there are gonna be a lot of drivers leaving the industry if not just going on strike, you'll see. Whats the motivation to stay working as a driver and be away from home and the family you work to provide for for weeks at a time if youre gonna only make just barely more than a minimum wage worker flipping burgers in your home town?

Dude, majority of owner operators make great money, some even lease to companies and make more than the company drivers that have been with the companies for some time. I'm not sure what area of the country you're in but perhaps your town is just the one taking a hit? I don't know but trucking is booming around here and e-logs aren't hampering anything within the states surrounding us either.

Most truckers that make good money, well their trucks make good money, because alot goes right back into fuel costs but they survive well because they don't just do one haul and take it slow. Around here, which is a Port town, you get paid by the loads you run in and out of the ports, as well as loads you take to centers and whatever other businesses. My brother in law owns his own company with his dad and they have a fleet of over 12 trucks, though 2 were wrecked within the last few months I believe, I haven't talked to him much about it but my brother in law doesn't run loads for the ports anymore, he hauls to Home Depot Distribution Center near here, hauls sh*t all over, but not long distance. He gets paid by the load and he manages to pull in pocket profit after fuel and all, over 4k a week, this is just him and his truck, this isn't accounting for his other trucks, most of them do hauls in and out of the ports which is cheaper by the load but between their truck yard and the ports, they can manage individually to run about 9-12 loads a day, average. Times that by about $25-30 a load, not sure what they're paying out these days but that sounds about right for a port container.. that's pretty good money for a regular driver.. let's round it to 10 loads a day, that's 300 bucks a day. Sounds a hell of a lot more than a 'burger flipper' . That is just for their drivers and their drivers don't even need to pay for fuel, the company pays for that.

Anyways, my BIL and his dad both are owner operators and both are legally required to do the e-logs and all that daily log bullsh*t, and I agree with you, I think it's bullsh*t but you can thank the government for that, that's how they make money man. But they haven't had any hits or complaints about them yet. Most of them like it because they're used to busting ass all day, now they're obligated to take breaks. But you have to think, the entire country isn't all the same, some areas are better than others, yada yada.. but there isn't going to be any strike man.. it's not going to solve anything. The government isn't going to remove the e-log or it's requirements. So there's no sense in striking. If truckers feel like quitting or walking away, others will take their place and the world keeps spinning.

Anyways, let's end this trucker debate, this is a road rage topic, agreed? Cool.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:02 PM

Posts 1 page rant about truckers then asks to end discussion about truckers, nice. 

• Eris and JIMHO like this

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:06 PM

Hi, Admiral. Missed you tew boo.

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:55 PM

Dont blame truckers for your lack of courtesy, if some noncurtious assmunch wants to get caught under my rear wheels and flattened to death, so be it.

Makes sense.... -___-

Also noncurtious huh? Just making up words like it ain't no thang.
  • Sting4S likes this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:10 PM

it's amazing.

i find it interesting we get into cages of death and make them go incredibly fast in hopes of getting to point A to B without dieing

Some just do it for fun.

RedBull FM
  • RedBull FM

#BUCKLEUPBABY

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:35 PM Edited by RedBull FM, 08 June 2014 - 06:37 PM.

• Killerdude8 likes this

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:16 AM

I haven't cursed at real life people in years but when i wait for the car to pass the intersection so I can cross the road myself and then he just goes very slowly and turns off the road without indicating then I get really pissed. Not enough to start chasing them though.

On the other hand when I cock up then I feel absolutely devastated. I really angered one bloke but fortunately he did not make it violent.

Oddsock
  • Oddsock

Fresh and strong the world we seize

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:56 AM

Thankfully I've never really had a problem with road rage. If a driver bothers me with something I will get upset but I never try to intimidate them. Usually I just say something mean out loud to myself and keep on keeping on. Especially when I'm on my motorcycle I don't see a point in trying to mess with someone in a much heavier and more stable vehicle than the one I am on. More often than not I might honk the horn to let them know I didn't like what they did but I won't lay on it.

I also haven't had much in the way of drivers messing with me. Once when I was riding in Cali, a trio of dickheads in some raised up gas-guzzling Tonka truck flipped me off (they thought I was going too slow) so I waved and blew them a kiss before taking off.

Road rage is one thing I've always tried to have a grip on because I've seen and heard what it can do.

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:15 AM

Is it racist to think all Brown people can't drive, Considering every person who almost hit me thus far has had brown coloured skin?

RandallFlagg00
  • RandallFlagg00

Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:08 AM

I've had problems with road rage for years. I drive half way across Chicago to get to work and then often drive around downtown for hours picking up supplies for construction. I'm a pretty calm, rational person normally. But when I think somebody is driving like an asshole or god forbid they honk at me undeservedly I lose my sh*t. Luckily I've never gotten in a fist fight. But I've kicked several cars, I've thrown things at cars, I've spit in people's faces. I'm really going to sound like a nut for this one; one time after an altercation with  rich dbag in a bmw, I came back to where I saw him park his car and I mixed some cement and poured it on his windshield.

About two years ago while waiting to get across a bridge a guy decided to skip the line and came flying up along side. I blocked him for a few seconds and then decided screw it, just let him in. So I waved for him to get in in front of me. Once he got in front, he gave me the finger. So I threw a full bottle of pepsi at his back window. Once we started moving and got up to about 30 he slammed on his brakes to brake check me. I managed to stop in time but the guy behind me slammed into me. The guy behind me wrecked his new car due to the idiotic pissing match between me and the car in front of me. It had nothing to do with him, it wasn't at all his fault. And he was the only one to suffer for it. And he wound up actually getting a ticket for driving too close. I told the cop that it was road rage between me and the guy in front, but legally it didn't matter. 

So that changed things for me. After that I decided I had to control my emotions while driving. Nothing good comes from road rage. Innocent people are the ones who get screwed over. I'm lucky I never really hurt somebody or got hurt myself. I drive every day through the worst part of Chicago. I'm lucky I never got shot fighting with strangers.

As for advice, I try to listen to calmer music while driving. Whenever I feel my blood boiling I remind myself that I'm an adult. A few months ago I found out that I've got a kid on the way, so now I tell myself "You're going to be a father! Don't be an idiot!" Remember that people do get murdered over minor altercations like that. You were right to yell at your boyfriend in that situation. Sometimes you need somebody to pull you back from the confrontation. Even though the rage turns in your direction. But later when he comes to his senses he can apologize to you, like he did. But you can't apologize to the stranger.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:40 AM

On the topic of road rage, there's one example from my state you should look at.

Jeone
  • Jeone

question authority

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 21 June 2014 - 05:03 AM

I saw two toyota Prius crash into each other yesterday and both of the people got out and started fighting

Troubadour
  • Troubadour

OG

• Members
  • Nigeria

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:49 PM

It has to do with the quote trains more than anything...

On the topic of road rage, there's one example from my state you should look at.

-feel bad for laughing video-

Yeah that guy was a grade-a-asshole and karma bit him in the ass fast but it's not okay to laugh but it is because he wasn't injuried.

I am a Police Officer and i see road rage incidents all the time and we gets calls almost everyday about people complain about other people driving people abuse the 9-1-1 system to call in and report that someone honked their horn at them for no good reason and they are mad because someone switch lanes in front of them on the highway 99% of the calls we get are just people complain' about other people driving and we tell them we'll have an Officer look out for the car but there is nothing to look out for but we do get that 1% that is serious enough to send an Officer out to look for the cars such as people waving guns and intentionally trying to ram someone or one reason or another.

The best advice i can give folks is..

1. If someone makes you mad no matter what you do, don't start a fight with them be the better person and just drive away and report the incident with the statement i made above doesn't include calling in to report when someone is trying to cause Road Rage those should definitely be reported and an officer will be dispatched to come out.

If someone is blocking you, don't get out of your car and record their actions if you can and get their license plate if at all possible so even if they leave the Police will be able to track them down.

&

Whatever you do don't do anything like RandalFlaggs talked about doing everything he did is a First Class ticket to jail and a record for assault, vandalism which can both turn into felonies depending on how much damage is done.

2. Buy a dash camera for your car you can by a decent one for around $40 it will def save your ass especally in accidents so there is no "He Said/She Said" you have video to back it up.

I have Two Dash Camera in my truck one on the windshield that covers the inside of the truck too and one on the back window to cover my tail also having one can get you a discount on your insurance too because it saves them a lot of problems they can review the video instead of relying on what people say and to figure out who is telling the truth or not.

My Dash Cam saved me a LOT of money when someone did a Brake/Reverse Slam into me on the highway.

They broke the light bulbs inside their car so when the car was smashed into it would make it look like the tailights were broken in the crash and could say that they had hit their breaks and ignore the break lights and smashed into them.

What they did was they slammed on their breaks on the highway and then threw their car into reserve smashing into me but it looks like i actually hit them and they claimed a lot of injuries and tried to sue me and my insurance company for $500,000 but they didn't know i had a dash cam which caught the whole thing on tape they ended up being arrested and charged with Assault for causing the accident on purpose causing injury to me and another motorist along with fraud and other charges it turned out they had 9 accidents over a 4 year period all involved the same type of accident.

So having a Dash Cam could really save your hiney in case of an accident.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users