Photo

I hate Closing The Deal

2 replies to this topic
Kid SixXx
  • Kid SixXx

Death Valley Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:53 PM Edited by Kid SixXx, 06 June 2014 - 02:54 PM.

Remember in GTA4 when there was more than one way to skin a cat when it came to most missions?  Well, not this time around.

The Strangers & Freaks side mission, Closing The Deal, hates you if you try to be clever about it.

After finding out from the jogger that Avery's green Comet was in the driveway of the house on the left, I decided to play it smart and not fight fair.  I got out of the Bodhi, went into sneak mode, unslung my Heavy Sniper Rifle, and quietly lined up a shot on the driver's side rear tire.  POP!

I was elated because I knew for sure that once Avery decided to peel out in an attempt to escape, his tire would burst and I'd have him.

DENIED!  The cutscene magically repared his tire and Avery got away clean.   The game forces you to earn the Gold Medal by taking part a car chase that you could normally avoid.

After two more attempts, I finally hit upon the perfect conditions of luck and opportunity that let me meet the two Gold Medal criteria. 

I managed to PIT Avery's car out of the driveway and into the path of an oncoming car.  He spun out and stayed motionless long enough for me to puncture his tires with SMG fire.  One police baton shot to the head later and the rest was academic.  Why does it have to be so hard?  Why does winning require a gimmick lately?

Rockstar, I love your GTA games, but would it hurt to let me win my way for once?

• universetwisters likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Rumpy Bumps

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2014 - 01:29 AM

I remember they did that in IV too, but it wasn't as bad as it was in V. I know III and VC had a lot more, as you mention, "ways to skin a cat" as far as missions go. But not with V. You HAVE to chase him. You HAVE to kill him this specific way. You HAVE to complete the mission in a set amount of time, etc. It upsets me a bit about it and makes me long more for the days like III and VC where Grand Theft Auto was truly Grand Theft Auto and not some dumbed-down interactive action movie written to cater to the middle school and "SMASH THAT LIKE BUTTON" crowd.

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homeboy

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:43 PM Edited by kipakolonyasi, 25 June 2014 - 08:06 AM.

hmm. i'll go for a strat hunt for this mission and i'll let you know if i can find anything. i agree GTA V is a lot less flexible game than SA or any other III era game. but i hate these elitists that are punishing this game just because it sold a little too many copies. if you think Rockstar sold out to the casuals then don't f*cking buy their sh*t anymore alright.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users