The Biggest Vehicle Disappointments

234 replies to this topic
TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 01 June 2015 - 04:44 PM

I think the biggest disappointment is the lack of custom parts for to many cars. For example, the Asterope body kind of looks the same as the Sultan, so why couldn't Rockstar share some of the custom bumpers from the Sultan? Other cars with potential like the Emperor, Picador, Surfer and even less likeable cars like the Dilettante should at least have a few custom parts to satisfy the players. The Stallion lacks parts as well, even if that car is supposed to be a good reason to upgrade from lg consoles.

Sultan mods on the Asterope? How far is your character in his mid life crisis, goddamn?
  • TimmyM56 and goldadderXD like this

REXX93
  • REXX93

QUATREX Special Operations Unit

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 01 June 2015 - 05:18 PM

The adder needs to go.

One of the ugliest vehicles in history of GTA: Online 

0_0.jpg

You say this, but if someone gave you a Bugatti Veyron in real life you would be the biggest dick head in the world if you didn't want it. Either way, I don't own an Adder (yet), but I like it in some ways.

On topic: I wish Rockstar would improve the brakes on the Fathom FQ2. Takes for ever to brake. I own one and its the only thing that lets it down.

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 June 2015 - 05:29 PM

The reason that you are disappointed with these cars is because you cannot separate reality from the game.
They are not real cars and do not reflect the styling or performance of similar real life vehicles. The sooner you realize that, the happier you will be. They are their own entities.

Ah, if that's so then why do I like many other cars in this game? I'm not expecting realism. I'm expecting quality unlicensed cars such as most of what they've given us. Quality cars like the Coquette or the Carbonizzare or the Monroe or the Casco or the Massacro. They're not carbon copies are they? Yet I love them and think they're perfect blends of multiple real-life counterparts. I think they show actual quality and they are actually fun to drive. Without being ultra-realistic. You see I don't want carbon copies and I don't want realism. What I do want is for Rockstar to care about every car that they design and I want them all to have their own unique personalities. I want them to be more than just basic point A to point B transport. They shown that they can do this with cars like the Sultan or Comet or Coquette. But they've shown their lazy side on the cars that I've mentioned above as well as cars like the Surano or Furore GT. Cars that showed potential but were slapped together carelessly. Yes it's a game. And? Detail is a very important aspect of games. When something looks like they development team cut corners on it, it's very hard for some to overlook.

Jackass...

This place hasn't changed, still full of narrow minded folks who rage with fury upon reading anything of which they disagree with. Expecting ultimate realism. Pfft, please. If that's what you got from that post or my post history, then there must be something wrong with you. Not me.

Cheers!

Name calling is unnessesary. I was just letting you know how I look at GTA cars. I had no intentions of sounding hostile.

That is exactly what I got from your extensive post, that you want the cars to be exactly like real cars.

I'm sure many can vouch for me on these forums that I am not at all like the posters you describe. I am very open minded.
  • Procopius likes this

RjpOwnsU
  • RjpOwnsU

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 June 2015 - 05:52 PM

I never see the tow truck or hot air balloon online?

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 01 June 2015 - 06:03 PM

The reason that you are disappointed with these cars is because you cannot separate reality from the game.
They are not real cars and do not reflect the styling or performance of similar real life vehicles. The sooner you realize that, the happier you will be. They are their own entities.

Ah, if that's so then why do I like many other cars in this game? I'm not expecting realism. I'm expecting quality unlicensed cars such as most of what they've given us. Quality cars like the Coquette or the Carbonizzare or the Monroe or the Casco or the Massacro. They're not carbon copies are they? Yet I love them and think they're perfect blends of multiple real-life counterparts. I think they show actual quality and they are actually fun to drive. Without being ultra-realistic. You see I don't want carbon copies and I don't want realism. What I do want is for Rockstar to care about every car that they design and I want them all to have their own unique personalities. I want them to be more than just basic point A to point B transport. They shown that they can do this with cars like the Sultan or Comet or Coquette. But they've shown their lazy side on the cars that I've mentioned above as well as cars like the Surano or Furore GT. Cars that showed potential but were slapped together carelessly. Yes it's a game. And? Detail is a very important aspect of games. When something looks like they development team cut corners on it, it's very hard for some to overlook.
Jackass...
This place hasn't changed, still full of narrow minded folks who rage with fury upon reading anything of which they disagree with. Expecting ultimate realism. Pfft, please. If that's what you got from that post or my post history, then there must be something wrong with you. Not me.
Cheers!

Name calling is unnessesary. I was just letting you know how I look at GTA cars. I had no intentions of sounding hostile.
That is exactly what I got from your extensive post, that you want the cars to be exactly like real cars.
I'm sure many can vouch for me on these forums that I am not at all like the posters you describe. I am very open minded.

Fair enough.

The cars they unveiled today look great but just to let you know, I value handling a lot. Whilst I don't expect Forza physics, I do expect a car to be fun to drive like the Carbonizzare for example. If those new cars handle bad, I will add them to this thread. Not because they're not like real cars but because they won't be fun to drive.

REXX93
  • REXX93

QUATREX Special Operations Unit

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 01 June 2015 - 06:42 PM

I never see the tow truck or hot air balloon online?

No such thing as a hot air balloon in GTA V or Online. You may be refering to the Blimp.

Spectacus
  • Spectacus

🔥

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 June 2015 - 07:26 PM

Jackass...
Cheers!

Fair enough.

The cars they unveiled today look great but just to let you know, I value handling a lot. Whilst I don't expect Forza physics, I do expect a car to be fun to drive like the Carbonizzare for example. If those new cars handle bad, I will add them to this thread. Not because they're not like real cars but because they won't be fun to drive.

You remind me of Jeremy Clarkson; I like you for what you do, but I dont like you as a person.

If that makes sense...

• adit999, A Maned Wolf and Mach1bud like this

Dr WGA Labriskagni
  • Dr WGA Labriskagni

Dr WGA Labriskagni

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 01 June 2015 - 09:07 PM

Mammoth Patriot - Beast in GTA 4 and complete trash in GTA 5. 

I'll admit, I've not used a Patriot in a long time, so I can't comment on them as viable racing vehicles, other than to say that I don't see many in races.

While I agree, see my response above. Since the Adder, despite being ugly as all get out, is actually a viable racer.

50519991.jpg

I... uhm.... ok?

There is no way a Massacro is better than an Elegy....

Well, like I said, I've been running an Elegy all day, and any racer, with real skill, in a MAssacro, keeps me just behind them. And when I run my Massacro, it's a massacre for any Elegys.

I hate to say it, as the Elegy has long been my go-to car, but the Massacro just has it in acceleration and top end, and the handling difference is negligable.

0_0_2.jpg

Hotknife, huge disapointment!

Looks great but is almost undriveable in free roam. R* should have done better for those who dropped the cash on the CE.

Agreed. It's like giving us the coolest pinata ever and filling it with rocks.

Really? Undrivable? Thanks to that car. I survived a 5-star wanted level with minimum damage. I'm starting to question peoples ability to drive in this game. My disappointment is every car has to have a turbo while a muscle car. And blowers that don't contribute to a cars performance...

GR Choke
  • GR Choke

Fun Race Creator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 June 2015 - 12:37 PM

Karin Technical
  • TimmyM56 and CaptainMental like this

Fennimoe
  • Fennimoe

Most Known Unknown

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 June 2015 - 12:42 PM

How about the Insurgent NOT being a 4WD vehicle. Pisses me off. Lol

coach_wargo
  • coach_wargo

D1rty Rummy

• D1RTY12
  • United-States
  • Best Snapmatic [Vehicle] 2013

Posted 02 June 2015 - 01:41 PM

The inability to mod the look of the Sadler is a big disappointment for me. There's a bunch of variations but you can't change the look in LSC, you can only get the one you're looking for off the street.

Spoiler

Dirty.Hairy
  • Dirty.Hairy

Brew of the month: Monty Python's Holy Grail Ale

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 10 June 2015 - 12:38 AM

I'm rather disappointed  in the lack of "oomph" in the sanchez engine noise. Wish it had that obnoxious "brrraaaaaap brrraaaaaaap"  sound.

• coach_wargo, A Maned Wolf, LeopardGecko and 1 other like this

TiberiusMcQueen
  • TiberiusMcQueen

Foolhardy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2015 - 12:53 AM Edited by TiberiusMcQueen, 10 June 2015 - 12:54 AM.

The Valkyrie for me, it was perfect in the heist missions themselves, but the version you get in free-roam is so easily shot down that it kills all the fun, especially considering players have homing launchers now, the mission version could take a few explosions, why the free-roam version, which has to deal with other players can't take any explosions baffles me. Aircraft in the game should be able to resist a few explosions since we have homing launchers now. That or make it so flares can redirect homing missles.

Shade04rek
  • Shade04rek

Nothin But A Buster

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2015 - 12:56 AM

The savage.. You'll be shot down in an instant, realistic though..

The buzzard remains the safest and most optimal heli.

DaGengster
  • DaGengster

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2015 - 01:05 AM

Comet

Love Porsches but the comet could use better handling and more customs

supergamer🎮
  • supergamer🎮

Its a bird,Its a plane,No, it's Supergamer!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2015 - 03:50 AM

Karin Technical

/thread
  • 85 Diplomat and FDNY21 like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 10 June 2015 - 03:56 AM

Comet
Love Porsches but the comet could use better handling and more customs

I think it should use more customs and have a no spoiler option but the handling is perfect. I feel connected to the road, it feels like a car and less like a soulless pos (9F).

rtv190
  • rtv190

Dolla Bill$

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 10 June 2015 - 04:51 AM

the Virgo would have been perfect if they wouldn't have f*cked it up so much

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 10 June 2015 - 04:56 AM

Dude, the Virgo is just a f*cking Manana. Go drive the Manana if you don't like all of the extra stuff.

Econobrick
  • Econobrick

Five Foot One

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 June 2015 - 05:41 AM Edited by Econobrick, 10 June 2015 - 05:45 AM.

Dude, the Virgo is just a f*cking Manana. Go drive the Manana if you don't like all of the extra stuff.

That's the whole problem. It's pretty much just the Manana.

In GTA IV it was its own car, and retained the overall Lincoln Mark VI / Mercury Cougar look it had since its introduction in Vice City.

Now it's seemingly a Manana clone.

• Scaglietti likes this

lukeskateboards
  • lukeskateboards

Gear Head

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:16 PM

Voltic. Absolutely broke my heart when I couldnt hear a goddamn thing.

We neeeeed a real lotus or a venom. But I dream..

based more on the Tesla Roadster = electric car = no sound

No sh*t captain obvious. Was that really needed?
why the f*ck would it make noise then?? Get out

You're only a year late. Nice try, douchebag. 

• MitchMaljers likes this

85 Diplomat
  • 85 Diplomat

The anti-griefer

• Members
  • Syria

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:19 PM

The Patriot and Seminole.

I was really hoping the patriot would have some body options like grill, spare tire, ect. But it's so bland.

Same with Seminole.

Two very good off road vehicles and they look great, but lack love and customization.

Crunch McThornbody
  • Crunch McThornbody

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:29 PM Edited by Crunch McThornbody, 16 June 2015 - 05:29 PM.

Lectro - the boost thing is nice but its top speed sucks, I was expecting supercar speed performance considering the fricken price of it.

Dump Truck - tyres aren't bulletproof.

Dubsta 6x6 - I've rarely driven mine since getting the Insurgent, because its handling and weight feels 'wrong' and inferior to the sheer brute force 'train' of the Insurgent when you hit other cars. In fact the Sandking is better for offroading than the 6x6 and it doesn't cost a small fortune and you don't need to be level 100 to buy it!

Slam_Jones
  • Slam_Jones

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:37 PM Edited by Slam_Jones, 16 June 2015 - 05:39 PM.

I agree that the HotKnife is a bitch to drive... but when you tame that bitch, it's fun as all hell...  It's all down to the proper application of handbrake and easing back onto the accelerator.  Too little, and you understeer into a tree.  Too much, and you oversteer into the same tree.  But find that ( very fine) line, and you'll enjoy yourself.

zvQE4CK.jpg

But I admit, if you want a nice, relaxing Sunday drive, then this is the total wrong car for that.

electroleum
  • electroleum

Rat

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 16 June 2015 - 08:00 PM

The Hotknife was definitely a disappointment when it comes to performance, but it still looks awesome, so I've kept mine.

My biggest disappointment was the Slamvan. Love the old school pickup look, but it takes about 9 city blocks to come to a complete stop, and it handles like sh*t.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users