The Biggest Vehicle Disappointments

109 replies to this topic
RaceKingX
  • RaceKingX

Here he comes... and there he goes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:54 AM

Sadly, not all vehicles are created equal. Certain vehicles all but have the competition crushed in several classes when put in the hands of compitent racers. Put two equally matched drivers in a muscle car race with a Dominator and a Sabre Turbo, and the Dominator's going to hand the Sabre it's lunch 99 times out of 100.

In this thread, I'd like us to talk about the cars we wish were just a little bit better, enough to actually be competative, for whatever reason.

I'll start with the Hotknife

0_0.jpg

Yes, I bought the collectors edition. Yes, I can hear your snide remarks now. I hear them online everytime I bring out this hot rod. But the thing is, everyone absolutely drools over this sweet ride. Unfortunately, that sheen fades considerably when talking about taking a turn in it. At that point, it does its best "Bambi's first steps on the frozen pond" impersonation.

The speed is there, but the handling makes it too much of a liability in anything but flat-out drag racing. With a little boost to the handling, I'd certainly be driving this bad boy a bit more.

0_0.jpg

[sings]Oh, they call him the bandiiiiit....[/sings]
Sorry about the pic, it's the only one I have. A little "jump the peir" escapade that didn't quite work out. But I digress. The Phoenix; possibly one of the coolest looking muscle cars out there. And it's not too shabby in the performace department... aside from a distinct lack of top speed. The acceleration's there. The handling isn't as bad as the Ruiner. But over any real distance, it just can't keep up. A shame, too, since I love being seen in this car more than any other.

0_0.jpg

Ah, the Asea. Gifted to us fortunate enough to grab one back when the starting tutorial race was a thing, Rockstar recognized its cool factor by finally making it available to buy. And then we realized that, other than being the only car to have the stickerbomb option, it wasn't really anything special. The front wheel drive gives it decent handling, and it's acceleration isn't too shabby, but it hits its speed limit faaar too soon to be of any real competative use. Which is a shame, because I'd love to see more of these on the track.

So, yeah... what cars do you wish were just a smidge better, in order to justify using them in competative racing?

• Killzone3265, Shootinalloveryourface, vipprimo and 1 other like this

mareepx
  • mareepx

GTAF's Jennifer Lawrence fanboy

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:56 AM

I really wish the Voltic had a higher top speed, it's got insane acceleration and beautiful handling, but low top speed means it can't really compete against Adders/ Entity XFs/ Zentornos/ Turismos

• Killzone3265, BamaGoodfella, tronheisenberg and 1 other like this

dewtech_2008
  • dewtech_2008

Boldly going forwards, 'cause we can't find reverse

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:57 AM

For me oddly it's probably the Zentorno. Bought it in the mad rush just after the DLC launched, fully modded it and drove it for about a week. Then It got moved to Lola's 2nd garage and has sat pretty much ever since collecting dust. The Turismo is just so much better to drive, and better looking imo, and as I didn't want her garage to be all supers, that and the Bullet stay at the apartment.

It's on the debate list as to it's future.

• Feurian42, Eddie_INTV and RaceKingX like this

~Joseph~
  • ~Joseph~

Pro Racer |2-1 Ratio|

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:57 AM

Massacro because it looks just like the Exemplar

• Feurian42 likes this

AlexSniperBullet
  • AlexSniperBullet

GTAPhotographer Commissioner

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:09 AM Edited by AlexSniperBullet, 06 June 2014 - 07:31 AM.

The adder needs to go.

One of the ugliest vehicles in history of GTA: Online 

0_0.jpg

• Eddie_INTV and LehPhatGer-bear like this

LukeMayhem
  • LukeMayhem

• Members
  • Swaziland

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:12 AM

Voodoo lowrider-clean version
  • Gunslinger_GK and BlackAce23 like this

RaceKingX
  • RaceKingX

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:15 AM

Massacro because it looks just like the Exemplar

I think my title may have misled you, since the Massacro is one of, if not THE best sports car right now. I meant which cars do you wish performed a bit better, as to actually be competative.

The adder needs to go.

One of the ugliest vehicles in history of GTA: Online 

0_0.jpg

While I agree, see my response above. Since the Adder, despite being ugly as all get out, is actually a viable racer.

bensons
  • bensons

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:15 AM

Elegy, the gta SA version was better.

• ModderX likes this

Drennan57
  • Drennan57

Prankster

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:18 AM

Mammoth Patriot - Beast in GTA 4 and complete trash in GTA 5. 

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:18 AM

everything because they all drive like crap.

they even look like crappy plastic toy cars with that horrible "shine" effect.
  • ~Joseph~ likes this

AlexSniperBullet
  • AlexSniperBullet

GTAPhotographer Commissioner

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:19 AM Edited by AlexSniperBullet, 06 June 2014 - 07:22 AM.

While I agree, see my response above. Since the Adder, despite being ugly as all get out, is actually a viable racer.

50519991.jpg

OT: I'm also disappointed the faggio doesn't go super fast

RaceKingX
  • RaceKingX

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:19 AM

Elegy, the gta SA version was better.

I still have my Elegy. It was my very first car that I modified. And it's still somewhat competative today, but the Maccacro outshines it just enough to keep it in the garage when I'm racing to win. In fact, I pulled it out of retirement earlier today to see how it fared against the new breed, and while I won against scrubs and noobs, any pro with a massacro was always just ahead of me enough for me to read the liscence plate.

TheHammer
  • TheHammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:20 AM

0_0_2.jpg

Hotknife, huge disapointment!

Looks great but is almost undriveable in free roam. R* should have done better for those who dropped the cash on the CE.

• DanieljJ, SteelerMonkey746 and AlexSniperBullet like this

mareepx
  • mareepx

GTAF's Jennifer Lawrence fanboy

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:21 AM

There is no way a Massacro is better than an Elegy....

• Liquid7 likes this

RaceKingX
  • RaceKingX

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:24 AM

I'll admit, I've not used a Patriot in a long time, so I can't comment on them as viable racing vehicles, other than to say that I don't see many in races.

50519991.jpg

I... uhm.... ok?

There is no way a Massacro is better than an Elegy....

Well, like I said, I've been running an Elegy all day, and any racer, with real skill, in a MAssacro, keeps me just behind them. And when I run my Massacro, it's a massacre for any Elegys.

I hate to say it, as the Elegy has long been my go-to car, but the Massacro just has it in acceleration and top end, and the handling difference is negligable.

0_0_2.jpg

Hotknife, huge disapointment!

Looks great but is almost undriveable in free roam. R* should have done better for those who dropped the cash on the CE.

Agreed. It's like giving us the coolest pinata ever and filling it with rocks.

Drennan57
  • Drennan57

Prankster

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:27 AM Edited by Drennan57, 06 June 2014 - 07:28 AM.

I'll admit, I've not used a Patriot in a long time, so I can't comment on them as viable racing vehicles, other than to say that I don't see many in races.

I mean in general the Patriot is much worse then it was in previous games. So much so that it's completely pointless to use for anything unless you just like the look of Hummers... 

LightningLord411
  • LightningLord411

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:30 AM Edited by LightningLord411, 06 June 2014 - 07:31 AM.

I mean in general the Patriot is much worse then it was in previous games. So much so that it's completely pointless to use for anything unless you just like the look of Hummers... 
The Patriot was awesome in GTA IV. I remember it used to drive over cars, crush them, and force cars to roll over. Perfect vehicle to drive through road blocks. Now it can't do any of that. :(
  • Killzone3265 and TimelyMeerkat like this

xskinzcity
  • xskinzcity

Lord of War

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:38 AM

the banshee is disappointment

LightningLord411
  • LightningLord411

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:38 AM

How?
  • Eddie_INTV, NorthwolfF, K3vLegend and 1 other like this

TheHammer
  • TheHammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:49 AM

How?

It's suppose to be a Viper, it should be competitive in it's class, instead its a slippery dog!

Ya, Banshee makes the list

Seventh Shin
  • Seventh Shin

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:49 AM Edited by Seventh Shin, 06 June 2014 - 07:50 AM.

The front wheel drive gives it decent handling

Please leave.
  • ModderX likes this

trynee
  • trynee

Boss Moves

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:50 AM

Vacca, beautiful car but disappointing performance wise

RaceKingX
  • RaceKingX

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:51 AM

[quote name="RaceKingX" post="1065533497" timestamp="1402037663"
The front wheel drive gives it decent handling
[/quote]

Please leave.

Please elaborate and be nicer.

How?

It's suppose to be a Viper, it should be competitive in it's class, instead its a slippery dog!

Yeah, I was a bit dissappointed in it, too, as far as the handling goes.

LightningLord411
  • LightningLord411

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:53 AM

How?

Comet also handles like the Banshee. They're both very slidey. And what's funny is that I know this trick to prevent either car from sliding or losing control and I haven't heard anyone mention it.

AwesomeJokeGTA
  • AwesomeJokeGTA

GTA Player :D

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:54 AM Edited by AwesomeJokeGTA, 06 June 2014 - 07:54 AM.

Cheetah...
It has the amazing handling to compensate but the speed makes it so I have to rely on slipstream and catchup to win in long straights

RaceKingX
  • RaceKingX

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:55 AM

How?

Comet also handles like the Banshee. They're both very slidey. And what's funny is that I know this trick to prevent either car from sliding or losing control and I haven't heard anyone mention it.

Letting off the gas prior to the turn, and not braking like a maniac during?

TeleportUppercutSpam
  • TeleportUppercutSpam

eyy

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:59 AM

F620.

It's sad how R* decided to take one of the best supers in IV and toss it into a class it doesn't really deserve to be in. Its traction is atrocious and it takes ages to get to top speed, even when fully modded. The car feels like a hovercraft, seriously. 

• LightningLord411 likes this

LightningLord411
  • LightningLord411

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:01 AM

How?

No. Its where you press the brake and accelerator at the same time. This slows down the car but still gives it a little power. It's really useful on certain roads. Like the freeway. I notice the Comet and Banshee like to lose control when changing lanes too quickly. So use both brake and accelerator when doing so. But don't slam the brake down all the way. Adjust it depending on road conditions. As for roads with more turns, don't press down or let go of either the brake or accelerator. Use both and adjust.
  • GERM! likes this

JobAnonymous
  • JobAnonymous

IGN Crew Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:03 AM

Dinka Thrust

Drennan57
  • Drennan57

Prankster

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:05 AM Edited by Drennan57, 06 June 2014 - 08:18 AM.

How?

No. Its where you press the brake and accelerator at the same time. This slows down the car but still gives it a little power. It's really useful on certain roads. Like the freeway. I notice the Comet and Banshee like to lose control when changing lanes too quickly. So use both brake and accelerator when doing so. But don't slam the brake down all the way. Adjust it depending on road conditions. As for roads with more turns, don't press down or let go of either the brake or accelerator. Use both and adjust.

Ain't nobody got time fo dat!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users