Heists?

72 replies to this topic
Niyologist
  • Niyologist

Tier 2-C: Universe+/Low Multiversal

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:01 AM

the game has been broken into and youre thinking about heists coming out anytime soon OP?

R* is going to do numerous amounts of maintenance in the next 10 days. So the heists will be fine. 

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Eat, drink and be scary.

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Second Best Alien

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:03 AM

For us Summer started June 1st. June, July, and August are summer. September, October, and November are Autumn. December, January, and Febuary are Winter; and March, April, and May are Spring.

Looks like you have Canada as your nation... is that wrong?

NorthernHawk
  • NorthernHawk

Player Hater

• D1RTY12
  • Canada

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:07 AM

Some of you are in for a big disappointment.  I don't think the payoff will be that great, hopefully I'm wrong.

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:21 AM Edited by RowanSane, 06 June 2014 - 02:27 AM.

For us Summer started June 1st. June, July, and August are summer. September, October, and November are Autumn. December, January, and Febuary are Winter; and March, April, and May are Spring.

This. Rockstar exploiting loopholes and saying 'No guys, wait! We still have twenty days left!'
I have no idea where or to who summer starts June 21st......
Thats because you have the dumb. Never heard of the Spring equinox or the Summer solstice have you?
The summer solstice is the longest day of the year, also known to most of the world as midsummer's day. While I find it strange that it falls in the first 1/3 of summer its less strange than the USA's idea that its the first day of summer.
That said, r* seem to work off of american dates/times sooo yeah.
because everything runs off America bc we run the world. And of course it mainly Americans they try to appeal to. Thats why its always based off American cities.
So america is China now? Nice troll attempt fella. I know r* work off of the r*NY office for times and dates but that doesn't address the 'odd' decision that the USA seems to have made to treat midsummer as the first day of summer. Its not actually possible to defend that logically so its sensible not to try. Dickhead modders have given them the perfect excuse for heists to be delayed again anyway.

Niyologist
  • Niyologist

Tier 2-C: Universe+/Low Multiversal

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:28 AM Edited by Niyologist, 06 June 2014 - 02:29 AM.

Some of you are in for a big disappointment.  I don't think the payoff will be that great, hopefully I'm wrong.

It can't be worse than RR. The heists are specifically for profit and glory

TheJasonGallant
  • TheJasonGallant

Random Player

• Members

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:37 AM

Holy sh*t. If this is the ONLY thing you f*cking care about in Grand Theft Auto: Online, rob a bank in real life you stupid twat.

Are you stupid or something? You know damn well you can't do that in real life without having troubles.

EZza2647
  • EZza2647

The Original Funktopus

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:39 AM Edited by EZza2647, 06 June 2014 - 02:39 AM.

This is obviously how heists will be

• ZeusMowat_278, LightningLord411, Awesom-0 and 2 others like this

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Eat, drink and be scary.

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Second Best Alien

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:39 AM Edited by AlienTwo, 06 June 2014 - 02:40 AM.

This. Rockstar exploiting loopholes and saying 'No guys, wait! We still have twenty days left!'
Thats because you have the dumb. Never heard of the Spring equinox or the Summer solstice have you?
The summer solstice is the longest day of the year, also known to most of the world as midsummer's day. While I find it strange that it falls in the first 1/3 of summer its less strange than the USA's idea that its the first day of summer.
because everything runs off America bc we run the world. And of course it mainly Americans they try to appeal to. Thats why its always based off American cities.
So america is China now? Nice troll attempt fella. I know r* work off of the r*NY office for times and dates but that doesn't address the 'odd' decision that the USA seems to have made to treat midsummer as the first day of summer. Its not actually possible to defend that logically so its sensible not to try. Dickhead modders have given them the perfect excuse for heists to be delayed again anyway.

We also change our clocks two times a year... believe me, if I could vote on either subject I would.  So would a lot of us...

Brock Elvis
  • Brock Elvis

-... .-. --- -.-. -.-/. .-.. ...- .. ...

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:41 AM Edited by Brock Elvis, 06 June 2014 - 02:44 AM.

Holy sh*t. If this is the ONLY thing you f*cking care about in Grand Theft Auto: Online, rob a bank in real life you stupid twat.

Are you stupid or something? You know damn well you can't do that in real life without having troubles.

How does it feel to know you're the only one in this thread that doesn't get the semi-aggressive joke?

• Fluffy Apple likes this

Lucius Aelius
  • Lucius Aelius

Loose Seals of LS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:05 AM

No one has been more eager for heists than me, but R* said Spring and Spring doesn't end until the 21st, and anyone who thought they meant to set the deadline any sooner are fools. Just be patient, in two weeks all the waiting will be over (either that or we'll have something legitimate to complain about, but I don't think it'll come to that).
  • Niyologist and UtterTehSEAL like this

Fluffy Apple
  • Fluffy Apple

I Eat Babies

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:09 AM

Honestly being patient is all we got right now until heists come out, most people who play gta are spoon fed and like to have stuff when they want it. they probably run tests to check if the heists are working correctly. 

• LightningLord411 likes this

justinlynch3
  • justinlynch3

GTA legit player

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:11 AM

Didnt rockstar say they were coming this spring?

Summer starts on June 21st lol, do they know this?

I'm pretty sure every update has been in the MIDDLE of it's respective month.

The 21st is not the middle of the month, but closer to the end.    So, they still have 1 more update that will technally be released within Spring.

LightningLord411
  • LightningLord411

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:11 AM Edited by LightningLord411, 06 June 2014 - 04:13 AM.

Honestly being patient is all we got right now until heists come out, most people who play gta are spoon fed and like to have stuff when they want it. they probably run tests to check if the heists are working correctly. 

Yeah. Being patient isn't hard. There's tons to do already. And testing will be required. I don't want to see threads like:

" New heist mission gave me $0"

KingJohn
  • KingJohn

♛♔♚♕♛♔♚♕

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:21 AM

The only thing that keeps me even a little optimistic is that why wait so long to release them if they're just going to be half ass glorified missions?

• blakeney and Awesom-0 like this

Lucius Aelius
  • Lucius Aelius

Loose Seals of LS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:22 AM Edited by Lucius Aelius, 06 June 2014 - 04:24 AM.

You do realize that things take time to warm up after the Sun starts getting higher in the sky right? Whether or not Summer starts then or 21 days earlier is certainly debateable, but it's hardly a given that it should start at any one time. The Sun getting higher in the sky warms things up but Summer doesn't get into full swing until after it starts to dip back below it's peak height, so I fail to see why the height of the sun matters when temperatures are what people care about when deciding what season it is. You'll constantly hear people saying that "such and such season is coming early/late this year" as a result of an earlier/later than usual persistent temperature swing, and it's only been set into calendars as a specific date every year for the sake of simplicity (and because on average over years the dates tend to be accurate enough and thus are useful placeholders in calendars).

And certainly when it comes to these heists, when companies make announcements to their fans about release dates for products, they are almost certainly talking about the calendar date, so if they said it would be by the end of Spring (to a mostly American audience, which we are) they meant the 21st of June, and there's nothing illogical about any of it.
  • Niyologist and Grimase like this

smokingndriving
  • smokingndriving

Homie

• Members

Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:50 AM Edited by smokingndriving, 06 June 2014 - 09:56 AM.

The only thing that keeps me even a little optimistic is that why wait so long to release them if they're just going to be half ass glorified missions?

Why wait so long to make more apartments that are in the same buildings and have worse views for twice the price? lol.

I predict disappointment, either because of not-particularly-surprising delay (and I think it's amusing how people act like, "Oh, R* will just fix all the issues going on now like that.") or heists aren't delayed and the end result is half-a**ed.

Relative007
  • Relative007

Homeboy

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:01 AM

Finding myself less concerned with Heists every passing day, although I am hoping they will re-ignite my interest in the game. Sitting at Rank 263 now, not much to do extra at this end of the World...

Playing time for last 7 days around 3 hours if that. Would have been more like 3 hours a day a few weeks ago. 

MistGoose
  • MistGoose

Consigliere

• Members

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:07 AM

Yes, but R* North is located in Scotland - I'm just guessing but I would say they're following the British seasons.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:15 AM

Yes, but R* North is located in Scotland - I'm just guessing but I would say they're following the British seasons.

Please don't obscure the discussion with facts.  That's far too sensible.

• return-to-innocence likes this

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:26 AM Edited by RoyalRedXIII, 06 June 2014 - 10:27 AM.

Didnt rockstar say [heists] were coming this spring?

0_0.jpg

"Heists? Oh, right. The heists.... We totally workin on em bro"
  • return-to-innocence, Gallioni Pepperoni and Awesom-0 like this

Bill_Assassin
  • Bill_Assassin

Peon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:28 AM Edited by Bill_Assassin, 06 June 2014 - 10:28 AM.

They can't make heists too complicated otherwise people will never be able to complete them with a mike. So forget about playing single-player quality heists in Online. As much as it hurts me to say this, they'll just be glorified missions with just more killing of NPC's.

If the payouts are any lower than $200,000, they'll fail badly.

Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

True Vengeance is granted through serrated blades.

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:32 AM Edited by Zorvaine, 06 June 2014 - 10:32 AM.

I had a good laugh from that! Good stuff ha!

hercules1975
  • hercules1975

UK Dark Knights Crew Commissioner

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:34 AM

R* will probably announce the next update on Tuesday the 10th June via the Newswire:

GTA Online: The High Life Heists Update Coming Next Week Tuesday May June 13th 17th

If it does get released 'early' on the 10th that would be cool - but I doubt it will be released on the 3rd.

They would have announced it yesterday (27th May) if that was when it was going to happen.

SirFiras47
  • SirFiras47

Sarcastic

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:46 AM

This is sad, really sad. I feel bad for people who keep posting about heists release date

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:49 AM Edited by RoyalRedXIII, 06 June 2014 - 10:54 AM.

Finding myself less concerned with Heists every passing day, although I am hoping they will re-ignite my interest in the game. Sitting at Rank 263 now, not much to do extra at this end of the World...

Playing time for last 7 days around 3 hours if that. Would have been more like 3 hours a day a few weeks ago.

They can't make heists too complicated otherwise people will never be able to complete them with a mike. So forget about playing single-player quality heists in Online. As much as it hurts me to say this, they'll just be glorified missions with just more killing of NPC's.

If the payouts are any lower than $200,000, they'll fail badly.

Spoiler alert for those players who are on the fence about the game and are waiting: heists are not gonna be good enough to keep you playin. If you're already bored, trade it in and go play watch dogs. Sounds like great game. The only people who will keep playin are those who are GTA fans and just like the game regardless. I still play it even after that High Life DLC let down. I just enjoy the game. The heists sound like a good idea, but I'm not gettin my hopes up.

AnotherUserName
  • AnotherUserName

Dick

• Members

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:43 AM

June 17th.

That is all.

I'm with this 1000%. 

Makes the most sense. The Tuesday before (when the announcement would be made) is also the start of E3. Perfect timing to announce one of the most highly anticipated updates so far.

I personally just can't wait for all the disappointment threads the day hour 10 minutes after the update drops. :lol:

• UchihaRingo likes this

richard1997jones
  • richard1997jones

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:57 AM

We need these heists. I'm at level 63 and even after all that hard work just don't feel as though I have enough.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:25 PM Edited by Flynny, 06 June 2014 - 12:27 PM.

Well they said the release of GTA V was gonna be in spring. They did not specify which hemisphere would be in Spring though, just like now.

There is no spring in Scotland, only Winter and very winter (winter) :p

• Furry_Monkey likes this

MrWuggy
  • MrWuggy

On the brink of unprecedented levels of stimulation

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:44 PM

Nice payoff would be nice but ultimately it's about the experience. I would accept a paltry payout if we got intricate, multi-faceted heists.

sebcreed
  • sebcreed

VANS Society VP

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:15 PM

I thought you guys in Canada didn't have summers.... Winter to Spring then back to Winter... heh?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users