'Hey Cousin,Let's Go Bowling!'

29 replies to this topic
Alvinz10000
  • Alvinz10000

Computer Kid

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:21 AM

Do You Like This Sentence From Roman?Why?

How Do You Feel When You Hear This? Annoying? Bored? Or What?

Will You Ignore Him?

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:47 AM

Admittedly it happens often in my current save but you can skip it so I do not see the big deal about it anyways.

ManikB141
  • ManikB141

Some Guy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:46 AM

Will tell him to go put a bowling ball in his arse, heard that enough times to last me a lifetime.

• GameHacker666 likes this

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:22 PM

Roman only asks Niko to go bowling once in a while in my game (very rarely actually), so it doesn't bother me at all. He almost always asks to go drinking though, but I almost never do anything with him or any of the other friends for that matter.
  • Jeansowaty likes this

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Disreputable Mexican Pharmacist

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2013 "The Identity Crisis: The Problems with V's story."

Posted 07 June 2014 - 04:33 AM

Fatty Roman is a true cousin. He would do anything for Niko. If he calls you up to go bowling you f*cking take him bowling.

• Blingy, gtaxpert, Miamivicecity and 14 others like this

LightningLord411
  • LightningLord411

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2014 - 04:39 AM

I remember he always asked to play darts and I always went. :lol:
  • GameHacker666 likes this

SuckerGnome
  • SuckerGnome

Robot Man Juice

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2014 - 04:50 AM

Typically, I'm the one who calls Roman to go bowling.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 07 June 2014 - 06:59 AM

Fatty Roman is a true cousin. He would do anything for Niko. If he calls you up to go bowling you f*cking take him bowling.

That and going to strip clubs. Bowling and titties are our favourite cousin's pastimes after all.
  • Mr. Jago, Drunken Cowboy and nobum62 like this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 07 June 2014 - 07:20 AM

"We should go eat together!" Don't forget about eating. Those five chins won't grow themselves. 

But seriously many people made the calls much worse than they actually are. I am on another playthrough of GTA IV right now (getting to an end soon) and I got days when I didn't get any calls from any of the friends. And even if they can be annoying sometimes I still like that element of the game, because it provides not only valuable information about background of many characters, but also gives time to do something different from killing and driving. 

And as for the future, feature like this should be back, but with even more things to do. GTA V brought some castrated version not even worth mentioning. 

• Blingy, Miamivicecity, Mr. Jago and 3 others like this

VanillaIce
  • VanillaIce

Cole Phelps FanBoy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2014 - 07:52 AM

it annoys me that that's what most people Remember from IV (In Genreal on the Internet Anyway) And they will use it  to insult it at times.

• Drunken Cowboy likes this

kvic
  • kvic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 07 June 2014 - 02:52 PM

After playing V I miss the phone calls from IV sure at times it could be a pain but for the most part I really enjoy it, it's another problem with V now you have to be the one to call people up.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:08 PM

I honestly never understood why people hated the friends system in IV.  I actually really enjoyed it as it made me feel more connected to the characters.

• Blingy, Miamivicecity, Mr. Jago and 4 others like this

MyDog
  • MyDog

Niko Bellic's my burazer

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:19 PM

Is this quote like "Beam me up, Scotty" and "Luke, I am your father"? In all the time I played IV Roman has never uttered those exact words, only "Niko, it's your cousin! Do you want to go bowling?"

• Jioyt 123 likes this

Awesom-0
  • Awesom-0

Happy 1st anniversary without heists!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:59 PM Edited by Awesom-0, 08 June 2014 - 07:59 PM.

I honestly never understood why people hated the friends system in IV.  I actually really enjoyed it as it made me feel more connected to the characters.

I just hated it when if you turn them down, you got punished for it buy having their likeness of you go down. But yeah, i liked it better than in GTA V were you can only hang out with five other people and it serves no real point. 

JordCorner
  • JordCorner

Smoke Show

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:50 PM

I hang up on that fat f*ck every time he calls me. I don't care about his feelings. 

WandererNiko
  • WandererNiko

Wanderer

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:15 PM

Actually, in my playthrough I went to play bowling with Roman like two times, in one of those opportunities I was the one who called him, heh

And actually I do not hate when Roman or some other friend calls to hang out, I find it as a good feature in GTA IV, you don't get bored from the calls, or at least I don't. Anyway, one thing that I don't like is that after some time the conversations with your friends, while hanging out, disappear. I even did a topic about that, if someone knows how to reset the relationships without restarting a new game, I'd really appreciate it.

jkim_1
  • jkim_1

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:55 AM

I couldn't stand Roman. He was a delusional prick. I would've chosen the Deal ending if it didn't mean that I had to work with the traitor Dimitri.

NIKOOOOOOOOO MY COUSIN!!! Titties titties titties!!! Stfu fat boy
  • A-Wax8 likes this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:05 AM

This so much.

I just hated it when if you turn them down, you got punished for it buy having their likeness of you go down. But yeah, i liked it better than in GTA V were you can only hang out with five other people and it serves no real point.

All you have to do is call them back to cancel said activity and it wont be affected either way. I do that 95% of the time. The other 5% is when I can't be bothered and say I'm not going to do it.

You only lose like what? 5%? It's not a huge deal like some people make it seem.
  • thekillerdonuts likes this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Lt Phill Bellic. Law Enforcement Enthusiast.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:10 AM

This so much.

All you have to do is call them back to cancel said activity and it wont be affected either way. I do that 95% of the time. The other 5% is when I can't be bothered and say I'm not going to do it.

You only lose like what? 5%? It's not a huge deal like some people make it seem.

Hey SOL, you want to know what I find funny, even the game said you could do what you said, call them back and cancel the activity. Anyone who says otherwise is ignorant.

Cheers.

markwey
  • markwey

Cool Cat

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:21 AM Edited by markwey, 14 July 2014 - 09:31 AM.

Bump! :p

To be honest - I don't recall Roman ever calling me out to go bowling in IV.  :O

Drinking yes, maybe darts or pool sometimes,

but I can't really remember him calling about the bowling thingy.

E: Knowing Roman he probably has had, but I just can't remember any occasion . :pp

clement_attlee
  • clement_attlee

Strawberry thug

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:18 PM

I get happy because it's always fun to beat his fat ass down at the bowling alley xD

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:13 AM

To be honest - I don't recall Roman ever calling me out to go bowling in IV.  :O

Well that's disappointing. Everyone should be able to experience getting a phone call from our favourite cousin to go bowling. It's like visiting NYC without seeing the Statue Of Liberty.

• Mr. Jago, KBG and WandererNiko like this

KBG
  • KBG

8-bit.

• Members
  • India

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:00 PM

This line is actually used moreover like a meme for GTA IV. And those who have played IV many times, only understand the drill. Rest, maybe rare.
  • Miamivicecity likes this

Mr.Raspberry Jam
  • Mr.Raspberry Jam

Bringing great joy to a lonely man

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:41 AM

I loved it. Ask anyone what they remember about GTA IV and 'cousin let's go bowling' will come up. Yesterday I was in the car with my cousin and we passed a bowling alley and for the rest of the day all we said was cousin lets go bowling. Never gets old.

TempleOfLight
  • TempleOfLight

Player Hater

• Members
  • France

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:38 PM

@MyDog : Actually, there are quite a few in-game ways Roman can phrase the question differently, and if I'm not mistaken, the closest one you'd get to hear would be "Cousin, it is your cousin! Let's go bowling." or something along those lines. So, yeah, the "Hey cousin" variant of the quote has been misattributed for years, most likely due to the resulting internet meme it generated not too long after the game's release :lol:

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Disreputable Mexican Pharmacist

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2013 "The Identity Crisis: The Problems with V's story."

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:28 PM

Huh, this thread went back up?

Upon serious reply, this was just another way Rockstar tried to make the world feel alive. It's a shame whenever someone needs to criticize IV, they just use this teeny little inconvenience meme as their ammunition.

Upon the game's release, I thought it was a cool feature. If I didn't want to go out with Roman, I just ignored his calls. He's pretty damn easy to get his "like" to his special ability, which is just somewhat useful compared to someone like Jacob or Dwayne.

In general, I can take or leave friend calls. I think EFLC was nice where their frequency was just lowered, but I don't really mind that they were removed in V. 

Now that the one's achieved meme status, I crack up a bit every time Roman calls with this. The bowling minigame is fun, I'll usually take him up on it.

• Miamivicecity likes this

CartmanKusanagi
  • CartmanKusanagi

That creepy guy who always looks at you funny on the subway

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:01 AM

Honestly, I get more calls from Brucie asking to ride with him in his chopper than I do anything else. And Roman usually wants to go see "BEEG AMERICAN TEETEES" rather than bowling.

• Miamivicecity, thekillerdonuts, WandererNiko and 1 other like this

Tatsuya
  • Tatsuya

Where is my mind?

• Members
  • England

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:50 PM

I only heard him say this twice, in separate playthroughs. And besides, Roman wanted to play darts more than anything.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Lt Phill Bellic. Law Enforcement Enthusiast.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 September 2014 - 03:43 PM

In my playthroughs, Roman was more hungry than anything else.

Cheers.

oakesypvfc
  • oakesypvfc

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 September 2014 - 01:03 AM

I was always crap at the bowling so I didn't bother for the fear that my beloved cousin would beat me. Can't be giving Roman the last laugh :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users