Exams Topic

30 replies to this topic
Jc_39a
  • Jc_39a

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:04 PM

My first ever real exam is tomorrow! Biology Unit 1, I have also got 3 more next week, Chemistry, Graphics and Physics.

Feeling nervous about this, don't know If i'm going to get good grades for these exams or not :panic:

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

I'm Offended By This Username

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:07 PM

How'd you get 2 core Sciences in the same year?

Jc_39a
  • Jc_39a

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:13 PM

what do you mean 2 core?

Biology, Chemistry, Physics is Core science Unit 1, and next year I'll do additiional science for Biology, Chemistry and Physics.

mareepx
  • mareepx

R.I.P 'Top 5 most rarest cars' topic :(

• Members
  • England

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:14 PM

How haven't you already done exams yet? I don't know your country or your exam board, but I've already done most of them, and I have Biology Unit 1 tomorrow, and Chemistry and Physics Unit 1 exams next week, but I've already done Unit 2 and Unit 3 in those sciences.

And you haven't done any controlled assessments/coursework?

My friends that do Graphics don't have an exam next week, it's 100% coursework....

Jc_39a
  • Jc_39a

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:19 PM

How haven't you already done exams yet? I don't know your country or your exam board, but I've already done most of them, and I have Biology Unit 1 tomorrow, and Chemistry and Physics Unit 1 exams next week, but I've already done Unit 2 and Unit 3 in those sciences.

My friends that do Graphics don't have an exam next week, it's 100% coursework....

i'm in the UK :colgate: and I'm in year 10. For Graphics, it is 60% coursework and 40% exam. And what year are you in?

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:29 PM

Honestly, I personally think Exams are the Easiest part of the School year, IF you paid attention. Most don't so they end up like "Holy sh*t, Exams are so stressful!!"

Good luck on your Exams!

• TheMcSame likes this

Jc_39a
  • Jc_39a

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:40 PM

Honestly, I personally think Exams are the Easiest part of the School year, IF you paid attention. Most don't so they end up like "Holy sh*t, Exams are so stressful!!"

Good luck on your Exams!

Thanks pal :santa:

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:23 PM

Good luck on your Exams!

That largely depends on the country you are in, school you are in and the subject. In literature for example you have 80 pages of material to memorise and it is not easy at all.

On the other hand the exam period was pretty easy for me since we had 6 exams over a span of about 6 weeks.

mareepx
  • mareepx

• Members
  • England

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:58 PM

i'm in the UK :colgate: and I'm in year 10. For Graphics, it is 60% coursework and 40% exam. And what year are you in?

I'm in Year 11, but in our school only Foundation tier science does Y10 exams in science.

Manfred Von Karma
  • Manfred Von Karma

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:23 PM

Good luck :^:  , I've got some tests on the 17th of this month in phytopathology,mycology and microbial biotechnologies , just before the summer vacation.

rawrsnar
  • rawrsnar

Pretentious asshole who loves everyone

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:59 AM

The only final I'm worried about is Japanese because I pretty much bullsh*tted all the tests but made up for it by doing well on the projects and skits. Yeah, maybe I should have paid more attention.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:18 AM

Exams were never that hard in high school, unless the teacher didn't know what he was doing and didn't teach the whole year. I took History, German, Geometry, Chemistry, Auto, and English this week and my lowest grade was an 84 and that was in German because my teacher was sh*t.

TheBlackPeterParker.
  • TheBlackPeterParker.

616 Hero.

• Members

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:41 AM

Ok, so I'm in AP English III, and we had to make a big project, and present it to the class. So I decide to work by myself, and originally I was going to write a script and read it, but I slacked on it, so I found a Poem by Kanye West, wrote a BS essay on it analyzing the language used (I did all this at midnight before) and I just read the poem and essay in class. I got a 90% and ended the class with a B+.

f*cked up part was kids who went all out on presentations making food samples and sh*t got a lower grade, and my teacher is a hard ass about everything.  :lol:

• kipakolonyasi, Sting4S and PsychoGamer3 like this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:32 PM

Ok, so I'm in AP English III, and we had to make a big project, and present it to the class. So I decide to work by myself, and originally I was going to write a script and read it, but I slacked on it, so I found a Poem by Kanye West, wrote a BS essay on it analyzing the language used (I did all this at midnight before) and I just read the poem and essay in class. I got a 90% and ended the class with a B+.

f*cked up part was kids who went all out on presentations making food samples and sh*t got a lower grade, and my teacher is a hard ass about everything.  :lol:

I would never take AP English, can't stand the big writing assignments and projects that they assign.

Failure
  • Failure

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:18 PM

Best of luck. Best years of your life--enjoy them.

See if you can do full course science, too--if you plan on pursuing sciences later you'll be grateful to have done it.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:23 PM

I just got done with exams, hopefully I passed because if I didn't, summer school for me. Good luck on yours!

mareepx
  • mareepx

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:55 PM

OP, how did it go for you today? I think that it went quite well, what do you think?

TheBlackPeterParker.
  • TheBlackPeterParker.

616 Hero.

• Members

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:40 PM

I would never take AP English, can't stand the big writing assignments and projects that they assign.

It's actually not as hard as one would think. All you really got to do is memorize some English Terms, write the occasionall timed essay, and do a simple project every 6 weeks.

It was actually eaiser than CP English, yet we learned more.

Palikari
  • Palikari

עם ישראל חי

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:42 PM

Good luck! :)

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

I'm Offended By This Username

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 June 2014 - 12:55 AM

what do you mean 2 core?

Biology, Chemistry, Physics is Core science Unit 1, and next year I'll do additiional science for Biology, Chemistry and Physics.

I'm sorry I'm a stupid ignorant American.

We were done with finals in May. I've done nothing with my vacation yet.

Jc_39a
  • Jc_39a

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:24 AM

OP, how did it go for you today? I think that it went quite well, what do you think?

Some of the questions, I didn't really know about and most of the things I did revise for, wasn't in the paper but I think I'll get a D as I'm doing the foundation paper but for Chemistry and Physics, I'll get atleast a C hopefully

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 June 2014 - 11:07 AM

So far I've done half of my AS exams (year 12), and annoyingly for some of them they were harder than any past papers we'd done, or a question on something that wasn't really in the text book or taught to you.

It's not a nice feeling to turn the page, read the question and realise it's a 6 mark question on something your teacher made an off-hand comment about half way through the course. Specifically talking about the computing F452 CIR question...c'mon.

Jc_39a
  • Jc_39a

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 June 2014 - 07:36 PM

Exactly what RedDagger said,on my Biology mock exam,I got 39/60,C grade and found it quite easy

36Chambers
  • 36Chambers

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 07 June 2014 - 09:11 PM

Just took the SAT a second time, albeit with a cold.

Was not fun at all.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:58 AM

It's actually not as hard as one would think. All you really got to do is memorize some English Terms, write the occasionall timed essay, and do a simple project every 6 weeks.

It was actually eaiser than CP English, yet we learned more.

Well down here you have to read a book over the summer, read a book every six weeks, write multiple essays, every six weeks, and I think you have to do a few projects (including one right before school lets out). I think there is a special STAAR test for those who take AP English too yet they have to take the regular English STAAR as well so that sucks. It sounds sh*t to me.

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:28 PM Edited by TheMcSame, 08 June 2014 - 12:29 PM.

It just gets easier after Biology if you ask me... then again that might be because my teacher specializes in Physics and his secondary subject is Chemistry.

Anyway, I did B2 on Friday and I felt like I knew most of the answers. A few questions tripped me up though. One thing that really annoys me is teachers that go around preaching "you have to use ALL of time given". I don't know about you guys but I always have a huge amount of time to wait after I've finished and it was same story with the mocks that I've done in the past unless it was a higher paper. Again, I don't know about anyone else but you can just fly through foundation papers and still get a decent grade. I remember one of my Physics exams (Foundation paper) which only took me about 15-20 mins to finish and I got C. 

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:19 PM

For the first time since I've been at uni I'm only doing two exams. I'm confident about my river basins exam, but my optical mineralogy one scares the sh*t out of me.

I've been getting better with the basic concepts, but I never thought looking at thin sections of rocks under a microscope would be so hard.

The thing that worries me is everything is written so no multiple choice to fall back on. Still got a couple of weeks yet.

I wish I was still in high school.

mareepx
  • mareepx

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:23 PM

I've got maths paper 1 tomorrow and i'm on GTA Forums.....

• Los Santos Police Department likes this

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:03 PM

I've got maths paper 1 tomorrow and i'm on GTA Forums.....

Hmmm...

My whole class has been double entered for the Maths exam so we have 2 exams (One foundation paper and one higher paper) and a 30 min break in between them and to top it all off... we might have maths after the exam. I know that the teacher is doing it so we are guaranteed to pass and get the best grade we can but two maths exams in one day... 

Toshio_maxoS
  • Toshio_maxoS

Heisenberg's pal™

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:37 PM

my final exams I had 2 weeks ago...

dammit I was so nervous. But god thanks I did it.

Actually I'm still nervous because of my biology, chemical and physic notes.

I already have one 5, with another 5 it'd be ok but 2 5's would be my personal End of the world !

Also "consumer Education" or just cooking, is in danger. Because the teacher is a bitch. (Sorry but it's true)

She gave all the grade 2, only me a 4... and I always did the same as the others... just because she didn't liked me.

I could puke!!!

Anyway, if I got three 5's in my final testimony, I'n a oral examination...

So now you know something about my current school status.

Let's go smoke a ciggaret!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users