RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:04 PM

The game's linear, correct?

Pretty much this.

Same reason why Naughty Dog can make gorgeous games like Uncharted 3 and The Last of Us on the PS3.

The game loads the levels, the AI, all that stuff at once and that's it.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

I play both sides of the fence

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:15 PM Edited by esmittystud101, 06 June 2014 - 01:27 PM.

Nice, thanks for the quick response guys. Wolfenstein loads quick too.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:49 PM

Also, consoles are there for people who are too stupid/lazy to game on computers and all the sh*t it comes with. With $500 or so, or maybe a bit more, you can beat the consoles in everything while simultaneously saving money on games.

That's the dumbest thing I read so far. Must be a computer gaming elitist.

There's more people that don't want to play a game in a chair, looking at a 27inch monitor. You can't entertain your friends that way. Its not as appealing as sitting on a comfy couch with a great surround sound while playing on a 70in television. So I personally rather invest into a nice television/entertainment room than just a computer.

This set up > any computer set up.

Spoiler

Therefore, keep your stupid/lazy comments to yourself because they're stupid.

Since the old television is going out, going to future proof everything with a 4k television. Good timing to be honest, plus it should upscale the games being played. Can't wait to get this sh*t going!

• kipakolonyasi and matajuegos01 like this

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:02 PM

I don't know man, PC setups get really hardcore. Nothing beats the ghetto CPU cooler.
bs4.jpg
  • PreciousWall, RyanBurnsRed and Th3MaN1 like this

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

I play both sides of the fence

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:21 PM Edited by esmittystud101, 06 June 2014 - 05:22 PM.

I'm not lazy because I don't own a gaming pc. I just don't want to have to upgrade the thing constantly when new games come out. When every other comment on the Watch Dogs topic was a guy giving out his computer specs, its never a good thing. Two years down the road same thing. Been happening since the early 90's if not sooner than that. Not downing on anyone that has a gaming pc, if thats your thing, more power to yeah. My X1 was cheap compared to the gaming rig I would want to own. I've got over $1600 in my X1 as of right now counting 4TB external HD. Cheap compared to gaming PC to my expectations. 

nobum62
  • nobum62

douchebag who owns a chromed zentorno

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:24 PM

Yea but did you count on the fact you don't own those games? If you're not online you can't play them. 

You don't own any game you buy. Retail or digital, it doesn't matter. 
The only thing you own is the license to play it.

You own the disc. You own the case. You license the data in the disc. So you're wrong. 

That's why I feel digital should be cheaper. What do you honestly own? NOTHING

At least Steam frequently has discounts

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:27 PM

Don't mind him. He's crazy.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:53 PM

There's more people that don't want to play a game in a chair, looking at a 27inch monitor. You can't entertain your friends that way. Its not as appealing as sitting on a comfy couch with a great surround sound while playing on a 70in television. So I personally rather invest into a nice television/entertainment room than just a computer.

Spoiler

Since the old television is going out, going to future proof everything with a 4k television. Good timing to be honest, plus it should upscale the games being played. Can't wait to get this sh*t going!

What's this?

Spoiler

A couch, TV, surround sound, AND a PC connected to each other (with Steam in big picture mode)?

sh*t, this must be photoshop! Oh wait no...PCs have HDMI ports and can therefore be connected to TVs.

I don't really care what you prefer to game on and how you do it. But saying ignorant things like, "There's more people that don't want to play a game in a chair, looking at a 27inch monitor" is just dumb and very outdated. It's 2014. Get with the times.

• TheMasterfocker likes this

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:58 PM Edited by DarthShinobi, 06 June 2014 - 04:59 PM.

I plan I do that when I get my PC. Going to use a Bitfenix Prodigy case.
Spoiler

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:10 PM

Also, consoles are there for people who are too stupid/lazy to game on computers and all the sh*t it comes with. With $500 or so, or maybe a bit more, you can beat the consoles in everything while simultaneously saving money on games.

Spoiler

As Ryan said, that argument's not good. Everything you can do with a console, outside of a few things, you can do with a PC. On top of all the advantages the PC has.

Console gaming is popular because it's cheap and easy. You can't dispute that. You don't have to worry about specs, or drivers, or anything on console. It's just pick up and play.

That's not a bad thing, however.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:29 PM

I'm sure they haven't even started thinking about the next versions of the PS4 and Xbox One yet.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:55 PM Edited by DarthShinobi, 06 June 2014 - 05:55 PM.

Why not? They started working on the PS4 a year after the PS3 was out. Wouldn't surprise me if this generation is shorter as neither company is selling the console at a loss.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:50 PM

If neither console is selling at a loss, it wouldn't make sense to develop it now. That's ridiculously stupid. Especially for Sony. Sony will take advantage and is going to hit the 10 million mark probably this month, maybe even 11 million units, and it only came out in November. Profit seems to be their best friend this time around, so I guess they will start developing the next next gen consoles in about 2-3 years time, as they still need to plan it out and stuff.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:00 PM Edited by DarthShinobi, 06 June 2014 - 11:04 PM.

Why do you think last gen dragged on for so long? Before Sony had 6 year gap between consoles. then 8 with the PS3.They tried to make as much money as they could back because they invested so much into the PS3's design. I think by 2019-20 we'll have the new consoles out. Hopefully they'll still use x86-64 architecture so we can still use our PS4/XBO games. No way these are lasting 10 years.

Murray Bunyan
  • Murray Bunyan

Trick

• Members

Posted 07 June 2014 - 02:17 AM

Spoiler

I don't know, man.

I6NZNqq.jpg

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:50 PM Edited by RyanBurnsRed, 07 June 2014 - 11:06 PM.

That looks beautiful.

I like that computer case too.

Honestly, I can't take anyone seriously when they think you need to sit at a desk with a monitor and a chair when PC gaming.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2014 - 11:04 PM Edited by DarthShinobi, 07 June 2014 - 11:07 PM.

Is the picture that good or is it a 3D render?

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:57 AM

Spoiler

I don't know, man.

--Snip--

Hey man...Want a new roommate? :lol:

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:54 AM Edited by GTA3Rockstar, 08 June 2014 - 06:56 AM.

Is the picture that good or is it a 3D render?

Probably, https://www.google.c...BT_1T86o6A_1Zm8

Not my fault that everyone I know who PC games plays that way especially since you need a higher end graphics card to correctly play on a 70in television.

Speaking of which, got one today. Played some x1/ps4 on it. Looks fantastic; even though it's a rental until vizio releases their 4k version.

Murray Bunyan
  • Murray Bunyan

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:42 AM

...especially since you need a higher end graphics card to correctly play on a 70in television.

That's not true at all.

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:02 AM

especially since you need a higher end graphics card to correctly play on a 70in television.
Inches have no bearing on performance, it's purely resolution. Please stop trying to comment on PC gaming when you make it clearer with every post that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
  • RyanBurnsRed likes this

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 01:26 PM

Yea yea, 1080p is 1080p but let me rephrase it more of what I mean.

Spoiler

Even if they develop the consoles to have 4k ready, I don't think it'd hurt one bit if they was $600, otherwise they'll still keep falling behind of the 'now'

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:14 PM

...Even a topic about the next-next-gen consoles has turned into the usual PC Vs Console sh*t that tends to get brought up every other day, with the same conclusion every time, it's all down to preference. As someone stated above, console gaming appeals to the majority because you spend a set amount of money on the hardware, and every game that comes out for it will definitely work on that console, no matter how good or bad the graphics are. PC gaming requires a decent income of money, enough to constantly upgrade the hardware. It's a silly argument. PC will always be the winner because it's able to constantly upgrade, whereas consoles are upgraded years later.

And I doubt that the next-next-gen consoles are "in development", but more so that they are just looking into what advancements can be made based on the current models. It's how a business works, you have to constantly be thinking about the next product, even if you have just released the current product. f*ck, I only just got the Samsung Galaxy S4 when the S5 was announced...

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:58 AM

And I doubt that the next-next-gen consoles are "in development", but more so that they are just looking into what advancements can be made based on the current models. It's how a business works, you have to constantly be thinking about the next product, even if you have just released the current product.

That's not contradicting at all...

I'm sure each company has teams; one to enhance its current product and another working on its next one. It's just like a game developer company, like Rockstar; enhance its games while developing other ones.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:03 PM

You do not need to upgrade PC constantly, but alas, off-topic.

I'm done now.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:19 PM

Why do people still think you need to upgrade your hardware every 3 months. :/
  • TheMcSame likes this

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:29 PM

Leaked image of the next gen console.

Both companies have become one and they have designed..........

Spoiler
  • TheMasterfocker likes this

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:29 PM

And I doubt that the next-next-gen consoles are "in development", but more so that they are just looking into what advancements can be made based on the current models. It's how a business works, you have to constantly be thinking about the next product, even if you have just released the current product.

That's not contradicting at all...

Yeah, didn't come out right, but I knew what I was getting at.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:40 PM

Leaked image of the next gen console.

Both companies have become one and they have designed..........

Spoiler

Josh sure loved his Grammy. :p I wish I had a Grammy that cool.
  • TheMcSame likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users