HELP !

1 reply to this topic
sanilk21
  • sanilk21

Player Hater

• New Members
  • India

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:00 PM

I recently boght gta 4 and have been enjoying this game a lot but from the starting i couldnt connect to multiplayer. the problem was that when i went to join live, a message box appeared which said that a browser window will open and i will have to login in that. after logging in, i went back to the game and after correctly typing my username and password, it showed that i have network problems. till i could resolve the issue, i started playing offline and completed the storyline 50%. until today, when i found a solution to my problem in a forum (http://gtaforums.com...ction-problems/) this worked but after installing some windows live thing, it asked me to uninstall rockstar games social club. i did it. I opened my multiplayer and it worked till the game create screen. then i went to singleplayer but noticed that all of my save games were deleted. i found my saved files at  C:\Users\myuser\AppData\Local\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames. i referred to the internet again but i saw three folders here, namely, user_e00000cbcd465605,

user_e0000152cd465605 and user_invalid.

the first one had a lot of my saved files (old ones i think) , the second one was almost empty except one (which was the one i had just saved in gta 4, after my games were deleted) and the third one had a single dat file - ControlMap.

I copied all my files from the first folder into the second one and then also pasted them here - user/my documents/ Rockstar Games/GTA IV/savegames/. then i opened gta 4 and went to load game and i was able to see all my savegames but when i click on them, it showssavefile invalid. i though maybe the file was corrupt so i downloaded a save game online and i pasted it into the same folder (replacing) but it still shows the same error and now when i open multiplayer, i cant sign in to live, when i click on sign in, it shows that its either a network error or cant connect to live servers. My internet connection is working fine. pls help !!!

Florz
  • Florz

Freak on a Leash

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:30 AM

How about writing to RockstarGames Computer Support instead of asking here where nobody really answers ? -Just me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users