Francis McReary or Derrick McReary?

31 replies to this topic
Don Corleone~>
  • Don Corleone~>

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:34 AM

In GTA IV, there two places you have to kill only one. For Example : Killing Playboy X and Dwayne Forge. After doing finishing that part. you have to kill only one Francis or Derrick. Please help me.

:r*:  :r*:  :rampage:  :rampage:  :rampage:  :rampage:  :rampage:

ric4rd094
  • ric4rd094

Prankster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:52 AM

That's a little tough, but I killed Francis.

As you can see, he's a corrupted cop nad he uses his position to manipulate and scare people.

Derrick is a wreck of a man, but he is honest at least.

Spoiler

Don Corleone~>
  • Don Corleone~>

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:28 PM

That's a little tough, but I killed Francis.

As you can see, he's a corrupted cop nad he uses his position to manipulate and scare people.

Derrick is a wreck of a man, but he is honest at least.

Spoiler

but what to do after killing Francis?

it says that get off the roof and evacuate the area.

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

My music's my favourite music ever.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:44 PM

Kill Derrick. At least you get something from killing him, unlike killing Francis.

Don Corleone~>
  • Don Corleone~>

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:47 PM

Kill Derrick. At least you get something from killing him, unlike killing Francis.

for example?

jkim_1
  • jkim_1

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:59 PM

for example?
He gives you a lot of money, I forgot how much, but once you reach the roof you can call Francis again to make him pay you more for killing Derrick.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:28 PM Edited by Biohazard Abyss, 05 June 2014 - 06:29 PM.

for example?

You get Francis's phone ability that gets the cops off you.

Although you can kill him, date Kiki, and acquire her identical ability.

Biggie Kaniff
  • Biggie Kaniff

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:52 PM

for example?
He gives you a lot of money, I forgot how much, but once you reach the roof you can call Francis again to make him pay you more for killing Derrick.

Not sure about that… All you get is the opportunity to call him and have him remove your wanted level once.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Death May Die

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:25 PM

I killed Francis every playthrough. I can escape the cops easy.

• GN 1992 likes this

jkim_1
  • jkim_1

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:37 PM

for example?

Not sure about that All you get is the opportunity to call him and have him remove your wanted level once.
Once you go to the roof, before you decide who to kill, call Francis and he'll increase your pay if you decide to kill Derrick. You'll see.

I could care less about him removing your wanted level once, as a previous poster said, you're better off dating Kiki for that.

JordCorner
  • JordCorner

Smoke Show

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:48 PM

Francis. I don't know why you'd bother killing Derrick aside from the fact that he's a junkie, and a potential risk. 

It's a fairly irrelevant decision to be quite honest, doesn't affect much of the story.

Cebra
  • Cebra

Eh.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Canada

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:59 PM Edited by PhilosophicalZebra, 05 June 2014 - 07:59 PM.

Derrick. If you kill him, you get $10,000 ($20,000 if you call Francis for a raise) and the remove wanted level ability. Also, I just didn't like him. I felt bad for him, but the reason he was in LC in the first place was because he stole from the mafia and was hiding there. Then, he showed up, continued his drug use then threatened to talk to a journalist about the McReary family after the bank job. He was a rat. Francis on the other hand was a dick, but he got things done. He ordered Niko to kill two high ranking gangsters, a corrupt lawyer and a blackmailer, even if he used unconventional methods to do it. 

Also, I've always thought of it being canon to kill him. I guess there really is no canon choice, but in I'll Keep Her, Gerald says "He believed in something once. Better than me, I guess." I took this to mean Derrick, since he was involved with the IRA during The Troubles and believed in his cause. That same thing doesn't really apply to Francis, but he says it either way.

Biggie Kaniff
  • Biggie Kaniff

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:16 PM

for example?

Not sure about that All you get is the opportunity to call him and have him remove your wanted level once.
Once you go to the roof, before you decide who to kill, call Francis and he'll increase your pay if you decide to kill Derrick. You'll see.

I could care less about him removing your wanted level once, as a previous poster said, you're better off dating Kiki for that.

Yeah well money isn't necessary at all in IV and yes Kiki gets the wanted levels down. So it doesn't matter at all who you kill.  :santa:

To me Francis got something to live for, Derrick is just miserable.

jkim_1
  • jkim_1

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:19 AM

Yeah it is tough. Although Francis had more to live for, he was also a bigger asshole to Niko than Derrick was. However, Derrick was so f*cked up in his life that some of his peers could've felt that he was better off dead anyway, as messed up as that sounds.

lol232
  • lol232

Rise From the Ashes

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:16 AM

for example?

You get Francis's phone ability that gets the cops off you.

Although you can kill him, date Kiki, and acquire her identical ability.

I don't like Kiki, she stalks Niko and you have to keep dating her to keep the ability.

I disliked Derrick more, he ordered to kill Bucky and Aiden because they were snitches and he was a snitch himself. He was slowly dying and Francis had more to live for. It's better to pop Derrick.

Tyla
  • Tyla

Playing It Cool

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Concept Story 2014
    Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 07 June 2014 - 12:46 AM

I always chose to murder Francis. I believed Niko's psyche was all about self preservation.

This was a guy who basically coerced him into doing jobs on the back of blackmail. Somehow Francis found out that Niko offed Faustin (how?) so we know he has dirt on him. Francis has Niko hit a lawyer and the two drug dealers but by this point Francis is getting too animated and he's threatening to put Niko in jail. Sure, Niko's getting steady pay (5k a time) but he's got to think in the long run. Francis is a guy on the rise. He's a shoe-in for Police Commissioner. If he wanted to get at Niko down the track then as Commissioner, Francis is going to be a lot harder to get to. Why not pop him when he has the chance, and erase any trace of the arrangement that existed between the two?

If Niko kills Derrick, I believe it has f*ck all to do with the financial arrangement or Derrick being a rat. At that point, Niko wouldn't even know Derrick was a rat? All Niko would see of Derrick is a shell of a man who once stood for something: not dissimilar to himself. He has this weird affinity with Derrick based on their respective causes. I'm sure Niko also draws a parallel with Derrick being out to murder two people who "betrayed" him not unlike he is chasing after Florian and Darko. Once Derrick has his closure, why not send him out on a high? Considering how often Niko remarks that he wants to die or doesn't care if he lives or dies, Derrick's death is probably Niko acting out his own thoughts of death. He doesn't really need the 20k, considering he's sitting on a quarter mil after the bank heist.

And then there's that interesting line of dialogue between Niko and Patrick concerning Derrick.

Packie:

Derrick was a grass. He was involved in that business and put away some serious people for a long time. He always spun it different...

Niko:

I did not know that.

It's almost as if the game wants you to kill Francis thinking he is the main threat, then subtly throws the spanner in there that Derrick was a trecherous SOB all along. GTAIV was good at that.

• The Mysterious One and Smoke Cat like this

SimonJ360
  • SimonJ360

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 June 2014 - 01:21 PM

Well I always play the game realistically, and if Niko had to choose to kill either the candidate for Commissioner of LCPD, currently the Chief of LCPD and get nothing, or kill a junkie no one will care about, get the wanted removal AND 20,000$ raise, Im pretty sure he would follow Francis' orders. besides, the more you get to know Derrick, the more trash you hear about his past from Packie and Francis.

Don Corleone~>
  • Don Corleone~>

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:55 AM

If I date Kiki what kind of ability can i get?

jkim_1
  • jkim_1

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:44 AM

Derrick was a snitch, as was Michael De Santa. So if you killed Derrick in IV based on how you felt about his character, do you kill Mike in V?

Don: Once you date Kiki a few times (successful dates that end in coffee), you can call her to remove your wanted level.

Don Corleone~>
  • Don Corleone~>

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:32 AM

damm, pretty screwed up. I think I shouldn't have killed Derrick. I kinda liked his missions. it was better than Francis's. So pretty amazingly fu*kd up.

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

My music's my favourite music ever.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:38 PM

damm, pretty screwed up. I think I shouldn't have killed Derrick. I kinda liked his missions. it was better than Francis's. So pretty amazingly fu*kd up.

You did a good thing by wasting that scumbag.

jkim_1
  • jkim_1

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:01 PM

You don't really have much contact with Derrick if you kill Francis. All you do is get a call from him saying thanks and you see him at Francis' funeral.

GN 1992
  • GN 1992

aka gnad.1992

• GTAF Crew
  • Brazil
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:09 AM

Kill Francis the pig

He f*cking deserved it every single time I killed him.

A.O.D.88
  • A.O.D.88

Brian Jeremy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:17 PM Edited by A.O.D.88, 11 June 2014 - 11:23 PM.

Always kill Francis! He is a pig down to his soul and no doubt would have tried to put Niko away for life when he got the police commissioner title.

Edit: I admit I did enjoy taking out that libtard lawyer Tom Goldberg for Francis, but he despised Goldberg for different, wrong in my opinion, reasons then I did.

jkim_1
  • jkim_1

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:36 AM

Always kill Francis! He is a pig down to his soul and no doubt would have tried to put Niko away for life when he got the police commissioner title.

Edit: I admit I did enjoy taking out that libtard lawyer Tom Goldberg for Francis, but he despised Goldberg for different, wrong in my opinion, reasons then I did.

Goldberg reminds me of a mini Devin Weston, granted we only saw him in one mission, but just like Devin he's a stuck up rich dude who thinks he can use his social status to get whatever he wants.

xiaoyouyou1hao
  • xiaoyouyou1hao

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:06 AM

Once you go to the roof, before FIFA 14 PC Coins you decide who to kill, call Francis and he'll increase your pay if you decide to kill Derrick. You'll see.

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:13 AM

I always kill Francis. I hated him, Niko's friends(his own brothers) didn't like him, wasn't a hard choice.

The 20 K is useless anyways, just deliver sport cars to Stevie to make up for it

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Facade
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:17 AM

I never really cared much on who I killed. Sure, Francis can give you money, but it doesn't really do much when there's not a lot to spend it on. I just killed whoever I felt like.

• Scaglietti likes this

KBG
  • KBG

8-bit.

• Members
  • India

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:00 AM

You can kill Derrick if you are in serious need for money.

Smoke Cat
  • Smoke Cat

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:53 AM

Well said Tyla. 

I've always taken out Francis each PT.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users