Quantcast

» «
Photo

Was GTAV worth the wait?

102 replies to this topic

Poll: Was GTAV worth the wait? (203 member(s) have cast votes)

Was GTAV worth the 5 year wait?

1. Yes (120 votes [57.14%])

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

2. No (90 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote
WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• V Staff
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:35 PM

I think it was worth the wait. GTA V is definitely an improvement from previous GTA's. Maybe R* screwed up with some things and removed a lot of promised stuff, but at least they made a game and it is playable. I have to admit that it could have been better though, but still, we have the game and we have all the cool stuff that other GTA's don't have.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:49 PM Edited by Cutter De Blanc, 04 June 2014 - 07:50 PM.

I voted no. It feels like even with five years, they still didn't have enough time.

Also a bit of a bait and switch when they were using the single player story and features to advertise the game in all the trailers and previews, only to find the main focus of their business is the online mode.  

• sqre and Kevert like this

Raptomex
  • Raptomex

Listen to Slayer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:51 PM

The game overall was. I think we all overhyped the heists. While they were great missions, the planning was not as deep as I had hoped.

Johan
  • Johan

Super!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:04 PM

Close but no cigar, gets a big fat NO from me.

Overhyped, overrated on review sites.. gets no more than a 7.5 from me.

• Kevert and fac316 like this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:14 PM

Their reach exceeded their grasp. 

• sqre, fac316 and Alex Wesker like this

Shou
  • Shou

y

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:16 PM

The game had most of the things I wanted and I loved it but I didn't like the fact the game had multiple protagonists. I guess what made it worse was Michael and Trevor's child like relationship, it was annoying. The story could have been better.

The missions were really fun to play though and you had loads to do which for me was great. In IV I barely ever failed a mission as it was mostly the same thing every mission. 'Go from point A to B and kill some people' = Money. And there was nothing to do after finishing the game unlike V. 

Definitely worth the wait and will replay it when I get my hands on the game again.    

Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:15 PM

5 years? I mean it's not like we were all waiting for it since the moment GTA IV came, I think that's far fetched. Now of course I kind of think of what GTA VI could be but I can't say I'm already waiting for it. If we'll ever gonna get another major installment, that's gonna be at least another 4-5 years from now.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• The Yardies
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:25 PM

Yeah, the 5 years really doesn't work IMO. If anything, use 4 years. That's more realistic.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:05 PM

Imo, people who chose no expected too much from the game. Definitely not perfect but a worthy entry to the franchise.

Zodape
  • Zodape

El Crápula

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:13 PM

10/10, would wait 5 more years.

fac316
  • fac316

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:19 PM Edited by fac316, 05 June 2014 - 01:44 PM.

No, a gta after SA shouldnt have only 65 mission. character switching felt gimmicky @ best, they all fight, drive, an shoot the same. Not to mention the space took up from all the switches and npc's for each character. I feel this game could've been what we hoped for if it stayed true to the 1st trailer, rather then the 2nd, multi protags and even worse......Mike's Family

• sqre and Kevert like this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, I always carry my heat in these streets

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:37 PM

One word. NO.
  • sqre, Kevert, fac316 and 2 others like this

im_stoned
  • im_stoned

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:38 PM Edited by im_stoned, 04 June 2014 - 11:48 PM.

Nope,

Don't get me wrong I knew this game wasn't going to be my favourite from the moment I heard franklin complain and dope and gang signs. The whole bouncing joke with jimmy was lame too. I know it sounds crazy but little things like that in the second trailer told me this game was going to be a disappointed and i'll admit the storyline wasn't as bad as I imagined but it still wasn't great.

The game had it's high moments for sure mainly when driving on highways leaving los santos but it definitely did not have the magic of previous gta's everyone in the game felt like a villain apart from trevor but he had some serious mental problems so he couldn't save the game on his own unless you choose option A at the end and view the storyline as a message about how far societies fallin, friends backstabbing friends, no one trusts each other anymore, Technologies taken over everyone's life, everyone's out for them themselves all that .

Honestly now I think about it if you make trevor the main character of the game and see the game throw his eyes the hostile environment makes a lot more sense. The way los santos is makes more sense

Gameplay = god awful, The police A.I is worse than IV, watchdogs ect I hate it so frigging much I consider it broken it's way to flawed to take seriously. The peds A.I is just as bad. Theirs not enough crime related mini games, I could go on but the game doesn't push limits other than graphics and I'm more of a gameplay guy myself.

• PulpFiction, sqre and fac316 like this

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:46 PM

In a word... Yes!

In some more words... Vice City used to be my favourite GTA, now it's V.  It's the sequel Vice City always needed, though it could do with a few more 80's hits and pastel suits.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:49 PM

Anyone who says Yes is a fanboy

Anyways if you couldn't tell that was a joke to make you guys hop on Rockstar's dick and attack my statement. GTA V is what it is. 

I just like to know what is GTA V? It feels like it wants to be GTA SA than it changes and wants to be GTA IV. It doesn't feel like its own game. 

• PulpFiction, kvic, sqre and 7 others like this

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

Original Gangster

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:55 AM

Honestly? No. It's a good game, but not for how long we had to wait IMO.
  • sqre, kj2022, Kalerney and 3 others like this

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:44 AM

Totally not. Story is 69 missions which is way too less to split across the 3 characters.

1 Week and the story was finished, never touched the SP again because boring.
1 or 2 weeks max for GTA Online until i realised how boring and repetitive it is.

Also, no PC version (yet) also ruined it for me.
  • fac316 likes this

Aljohnk
  • Aljohnk

*Intensifies*

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:00 PM

To me, the story feels rushed and it doesn't lead anywhere after the game like it's empty. So NO.

• Misunderstood likes this

Xenology
  • Xenology

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:48 PM

TBH I'm getting sick of this IV was better stuff you guys said you hated IV that it was the worst GTA made now V has com out and you say it's one of the greatest......care to explain? Or do you do this with every GTA games because I remember plenty of great moments in V

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

Original Gangster

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:05 PM

TBH I'm getting sick of this IV was better stuff you guys said you hated IV that it was the worst GTA made now V has com out and you say it's one of the greatest......care to explain? Or do you do this with every GTA games because I remember plenty of great moments in V

GTA IV was already the best GTA before GTA V was an idea on a piece of paper in the Housers' boardroom.

AndrewDeSanta
  • AndrewDeSanta

Republitarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:08 PM

Great game but it wasn't worth the 5 year wait and all the secrecy that came with it. 

• Niko Valentine likes this

kvic
  • kvic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:13 PM

I for one never said I hated ANY of the GTA games ,while I do enjoy IV more then any of the others I do feel as some other people have said it feels rushed ,now maybe it's because most of R.S's time was spent on the online part I don't know but I do know IV felt more like what a GTA game should be. 

• PulpFiction, sqre and fac316 like this

Hitman5
  • Hitman5

Sick Again

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:24 PM

FFS why do people always do this? How do you even know that any of the people saying IV is better used to say it sucked?? You don't, so stop saying this stupid generalising crap.

• PulpFiction, sqre, Kevert and 2 others like this

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:30 PM

Anyways if you couldn't tell that was a joke to make you guys hop on Rockstar's dick and attack my statement. GTA V is what it is. 

I just like to know what is GTA V? It feels like it wants to be GTA SA than it changes and wants to be GTA IV. It doesn't feel like its own game. 

Really dude, you gotta stop posting these "jokes" people won't be able to distinguish if your posts are jokes or are serious. It's ridiculous that you want to get a reaction out of fanboys that much, and it's funny how you would have the exact same reaction if your favourite game was "joked about"

OT: Despite its shortcomings, I felt GTA V certainly did live up to its expectations and has still kept me entertained to this day. Every other game made in 2013 looks mediocre compared to V, especially TLoU and Bioshock Infinite. Good god, those games are for sappy people who are no fun and only care about stories. GTA V is game of the year. #fact
  • PulpFiction likes this

fac316
  • fac316

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:51 PM

Really dude, you gotta stop posting these "jokes" people won't be able to distinguish if your posts are jokes or are serious. It's ridiculous that you want to get a reaction out of fanboys that much, and it's funny how you would have the exact same reaction if your favourite game was "joked about"

OT: Despite its shortcomings, I felt GTA V certainly did live up to its expectations and has still kept me entertained to this day. Every other game made in 2013 looks mediocre compared to V, especially TLoU and Bioshock Infinite. Good god, those games are for sappy people who are no fun and only care about stories. GTA V is game of the year. #fact

How in the world is it when we only have 60 missions, (the real crime) 5 rampages, only four bounty hunting missions, no vigilante/police computer, no sense of consistency in the story, peds have really got to be the worst EVER!!! (call the cops if you do anything + no funny lines @ all) Police are on auto-aim for crying out loud and ruins the fun of breaking the law (which is y we play gta) and if I wanted to do Yoga I would'nt do it with some stupid ass minigame that originated because of Fabien.

• sqre likes this

Kevert
  • Kevert

Ain't criminality exhilarating?

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:57 PM

Absolutely not. With five years development, I really expected more from Rockstar. It's the first time they've disappointed me having been a fan of their games for over a decade.

A weak story. SP severely lacks replay value. Promised features weren't delivered. Even the online, where they seem to have put in most of their efforts has been plagued with problems since day one. 

Don't get me wrong, it's a good game when compared with games in general but a major disappointment in terms of the gta series. It's a sad day when Rockstar leaves its formerly SP roots of the franchise behind to focus more on online in the hopes of making more money (making a complete balls of it aswell).

So, five years for this? Difficult for me to even fathom "yes".

• Zee, Kalerney, Cutter De Blanc and 1 other like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:52 PM Edited by StingrayX, 05 June 2014 - 03:56 PM.

The waiting and anticipation for this game was fun and I have great memories from that time. However, the game wasn't worth the wait. I started realizing that back when the Game Informer for it came out and then when the May 2013 info came. However I still anticipated the game but the leaks crushed my anticipation. When I finally got the game, I enjoyed it for four weeks, mostly because of the story and the feeling of "I need to explore this whole map" - which quickly went away I must say. After four weeks, everything slowly but gradually began to annoy me. The driving got dull, the graphics were nicely saturated but got a bit old and the aliasing was god awful, the cops made me want to break the disc in half, and that feeling of missed oportunities and constant yet unneeded annoyance just tugged at me. I stopped playing V at the beginning of Thanksgiving Break. I picked it back up at the beginning of March's Spring Break and was bored within 20 minutes. I picked it up the next day and briefly enjoyed it whilst taking some pictures but then I let the game sit for a few more weeks. I picked it up again and took some house photos, realizing how detailed V was yet how sh*t the physics were. Then I let it sit for a few more weeks.

Then the High Life DLC came and I fell in absolute love with my light blue Massacro. I played V for 3 days but... I got bored. The looks of the car and the realization that V was beautifully detailed graphically urged me to play V more but I just got bored. The physics in this game are so dull I mean, it is hard for me to build an immersive connection with any car in the game for longer than a couple of days.

V just bums me out and I'm probably going to let it sit on the shelves for the rest of the year if the highly anticipated SP DLC, that idiotically seems like it may never come, flops.
  • sqre, Cutter De Blanc, fac316 and 2 others like this

Kevert
  • Kevert

Ain't criminality exhilarating?

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:15 PM

The waiting and anticipation for this game was fun and I have great memories from that time. However, the game wasn't worth the wait. I started realizing that back when the Game Informer for it came out and then when the May 2013 info came. However I still anticipated the game but the leaks crushed my anticipation. When I finally got the game, I enjoyed it for four weeks, mostly because of the story and the feeling of "I need to explore this whole map" - which quickly went away I must say. After four weeks, everything slowly but gradually began to annoy me. The driving got dull, the graphics were nicely saturated but got a bit old and the aliasing was god awful, the cops made me want to break the disc in half, and that feeling of missed oportunities and constant yet unneeded annoyance just tugged at me. I stopped playing V at the beginning of Thanksgiving Break. I picked it back up at the beginning of March's Spring Break and was bored within 20 minutes. I picked it up the next day and briefly enjoyed it whilst taking some pictures but then I let the game sit for a few more weeks. I picked it up again and took some house photos, realizing how detailed V was yet how sh*t the physics were. Then I let it sit for a few more weeks.

Then the High Life DLC came and I fell in absolute love with my light blue Massacro. I played V for 3 days but... I got bored. The looks of the car and the realization that V was beautifully detailed graphically urged me to play V more but I just got bored. The physics in this game are so dull I mean, it is hard for me to build an immersive connection with any car in the game for longer than a couple of days.

V just bums me out and I'm probably going to let it sit on the shelves for the rest of the year if the highly anticipated SP DLC, that idiotically seems like it may never come, flops.

Man, what you described is almost exactly what I went through, lasted maybe 6 weeks instead of 4 but still.

• fac316 and Scaglietti like this

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:47 PM

That's why I said it was a "joke", anyone who gets upset clearly can't handle a joke to their favorite game. I just proved your a fanboy. 

Funny thing is I didn't say anything about my favorite game. Truth be told TLOU isn't my favorite game. I prefer RDR over TLOU. GTA SA over TLOU. 

-inVADER-
  • -inVADER-

Have you met my lovely wife, Laura? No! Well, ......

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:04 PM

One word. NO.

With me- 2 No.

Very well said. :^:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users