Quantcast

» «
Photo

Was GTAV worth the wait?

102 replies to this topic

Poll: Was GTAV worth the wait? (203 member(s) have cast votes)

Was GTAV worth the 5 year wait?

1. Yes (120 votes [57.14%])

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

2. No (90 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Zee
  • Zee

Shut up, sit down, relax.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Comedian of the Year 2011

Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:10 PM

"Were not going to announce an announcement"

"in a few weeks or so"

We all remember hearing these lines as we waited for gtaV.

Now that it's all said and done, do you feel it was worth waiting five years for? Do you feel V deserved as much secrecy and media blackout that it got at first? Share your thoughts.
  • Xx-ADITYA-xX and matajuegos01 like this

Reconified
  • Reconified

Work, Consume, Die!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:11 PM Edited by Reconified, 04 June 2014 - 02:12 PM.

Yes, I wasn't waiting, it was a nice surprise for someone out of the loop. If you hang on to every word R* say pre-release, you're gonna be disappointed. Ignorance is bliss.

• Bozzah likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:12 PM

Yes it was. We got a new GTA game. A good one. 

• Spider-Vice, Outplug and Reconified like this

archiebunker
  • archiebunker

Working Class Hero

• Members

Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:16 PM

I don't see a single "Cockstar" in this thread. Fix that, pls.

• Choco Taco, Outplug, Alastair Smyth and 4 others like this

Barefoot Tiger
  • Barefoot Tiger

GTAV Forum Leader

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Nations
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:17 PM

Yes, it was. I would have liked to have waited a little less but there you go.

By the way, before anyone else mentions it, we ran this poll back in February: here.

So there's no confusion with future searches, I'll lock the old topic and we will run with this one.

Kalerney
  • Kalerney

GTA universe resident since 2002

• Members
  • France

Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:20 PM Edited by Kalerney, 04 June 2014 - 02:21 PM.

GTA V is a great game, I still enjoy it now. However was it worth such a wait ? Mmm ... I'd say no, such a game would not deserve more than a 3 year waiting in my opinion. Maybe the awful comunication by R* gave us ridiculously high expectations, but I still think the solo could have been way more polished.

• tom_p1980, Xx-ADITYA-xX, latigreblue and 2 others like this

Voggens
  • Voggens

Vraiment Crazy

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:26 PM

Half yes, half no, I wanted to play the game of Trailer 1. I guess my expectations were too high, or we were cheated (most likely with the map) or I'm disappointed on how it turned out to be (story, characters, general feels/atmosphere).

• sqre, Taki Owaki, Choco Taco and 2 others like this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

El Hoxo

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:41 PM Edited by Xerukal, 04 June 2014 - 02:41 PM.

The wait seems to be dragging on quite a f*cking bit for the PC community. 

Spoiler

Next month? Try two years and counting.

I voted both Yes and No. 

• Fallcreek and Evan-KCR like this

skyfamster
  • skyfamster

Playa

• Members

Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:42 PM

I'm a cockstar Fanboy,and I will kill any gamer who voted "no"

• Nikobellic303 and PsychoGamer3 like this

Midyin84
  • Midyin84

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:59 PM Edited by Midyin84, 04 June 2014 - 03:01 PM.

"Was GTAV worth the wait?" Meh...

There are only two games that I was super excited for that managed to live up to my expectations. Saints Row 2 and Skyrim...
  • theGTAking101 likes this

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homeboy

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:01 PM

YES ZEE IT WAS

Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:03 PM Edited by Midnightz, 05 June 2014 - 03:52 PM.

YES. V's map is massive and beautifully detailed. All of the models are gorgeous. There's a complete overhaul to all particle effects, lighting, and water etc. We have 3 main characters instead of one. We have a complete mission set (main story), side missions (w/stories), unique pedestrians (w/stories), random events (w/stories), endless anytime jobs (towing, taxi, arms trafficking air, arms trafficking ground), multiple side tasks (flight school, shooting gallery, hunting, weed farm raids, Chop, collectibles, rampages), and mini-games (darts, golf, tennis, yoga). There's a wider variety of vehicles and weapons when compared with the other HD GTA, and we also have tons of modifications for both. There's a bunch of immersion and/or role-play elements such as upgradable character skills, drinking, smoking, getting high, hanging out w/friends, clothes shopping, car washes, scuba diving, purchasable food at convenience and liquor stores, multiple business property ownership (and missions for each), and explorable internet with tons of interactive websites via cell phone or computer, tv shows, local cinemas, etc.

AND we have 2-in-1 when you add GTAO which gives us new missions, character customization, multi-player social interaction, etc.

V is a very complete game and has been since release. With every free DLC, we get more content too.

I do however think the extended wait for the PC version is troublesome. It's now longer than was expected. :(

• archiebunker, dimitrispgr, Wayne Kerr and 6 others like this

Legomanarthur
  • Legomanarthur

We all want peace! But my peace, not their f*cking peace

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:05 PM

GTA V is a great game, I still enjoy it now. However was it worth such a wait ? Mmm ... I'd say no, such a game would not deserve more than a 3 year waiting in my opinion. Maybe the awful comunication by R* gave us ridiculously high expectations, but I still think the solo could have been way more polished.

I agree and I voted "no".

For me GTA V looked very very very very.... very exciting when the first trailer was aired (I still remember the day...), same thing with every other trailers and screeshots we had. But when I got it, I wasn't as surprised as I were when I got GTA IV for example. V was less memorable than the other GTA's I've played, which is strange because there's always a moment of your playthrough that will stay in your head forever.

I mean, when I played GTA IV for the first time, I had ALOT of great times that I still remember and that I would love to have a 2nd time (I still enjoy the game :pp ), but that's not the case with GTA V. The game is really great, but it don't worth almost 3 years of waiting in my opinion.

• sqre, Xx-ADITYA-xX, fac316 and 1 other like this

Coral_City
  • Coral_City

The Don

• Members

Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:18 PM

If you look at the promotional and marketing material when GTA IV or SA was coming out, Rockstar did a ton of communicating. Did that remove from the "magic" they wanted to keep secret? No. Honestly, the wait and buildup was a waste. GTA V wasn't impressive enough to justify the wait.

• Xx-ADITYA-xX, theomenofficial and fac316 like this

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:24 PM

Damn, Zee, they unbanned you? I must've missed a lot while I was on the dark side of the moon at the base.

OT:

V was not worth the wait. Not even close. It seemed like a rushed game that was developed for maybe 2 years. V is the biggest let down in gaming for me. I hope that R* adds many things in GTA 6 and gets some professional writers involved. I think that if there's a crane or track hoe in 6, we should be able to use it, otherwise, don't put that sh*t in. I would like to see some Shenmue influence as well.

• sqre, Taki Owaki, Xx-ADITYA-xX and 1 other like this

Official Destroyer
  • Official Destroyer

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:09 PM Edited by Official Destroyer, 04 June 2014 - 04:11 PM.

Yes, it was for sure. But I don't want to wait that long again for such a game. Damn, what a really hard time it was back then.

• dimitrispgr likes this

dimitrispgr
  • dimitrispgr

Hustler

• Members

Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:48 PM

Hard times but thats the price for getting such a fantastic game, the best game ever.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:16 PM

It's got it's problems, but overall it's one of my favorite GTA games.

I mean, yeah, the satire is a bit overly stereotypical or just not funny, the cops have a bat computer that can detect any crime, and cheats seem to be unusually limited for what is essentially time and space warping wizard magic.

But it's more colorful than liberty city, has more vehicles and vehicle types than liberty city (although the tank is sh*t now), you can interact with pedestrians, there are movie theatres and one has republican space rangers outside of it sometimes signing autographs, the beach has more than just homeless people although there are still homeless people there but now there are also bikini clad women, strip clubs with uncensored, bare tits, I can ride a roller coaster and a ferris wheel, and the setting is overall more vibrant and colorful as opposed to liberty city being eternally stuck in the greyest winter of all time. And I got to hijack a giant cargo jet and jump out the back in an offroad vehicle.

Hitman5
  • Hitman5

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:21 PM

Yes because we have a new GTA game but No because it fell short by a large margin in some areas so I went with no.

• fac316 likes this

Phoenix_Shit
  • Phoenix_Shit

First rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about fight club.

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:24 PM

I voted both yes and no. Because in some scenarios, for a game like Grand Theft Auto, wait is not always the exact key when it comes to a game like that. And it definently is not when it is your favourite gaming franchise. 

GTA V was a game we all expected from R* after GTA IV's release. Most of us obviously thought *Alright, GTA IV, amazing game, but where is the franchise going now?'' Thats what I thought atleast.

I did not know nor thought that GTA V (Wich was not what I called it back then) Was gunna take about 4/5 years for full development. But we all knew the next installment needed to be big. After the hits of RDR, LA Noire, Midnight club, and Max Payne 3, GTA V needed to be good. As its R* main game. 

Well, was it worth the wait? At some points yes, (Great world, good storyline, characters, etc) But one think that brought that most of it: was this. IMO, it was GTA Online. 

• xXGst0395Xx and fac316 like this

Immigration
  • Immigration

420 Warrior

• Members

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:37 PM

Phuck No.

This game was the most underwhelming GTA to date. 

All the smoke & mirrors and suggestive wordplay led me to believe this would the best GTA of All Time. .

.....Lmao nearly a decade later SA ,VC, are still superior to V. You can also add IV+TOBGT to that list. 

V was a cash grab by R*,and it's clear they're going to be milking whatever  is left of this dying franchise. 

I wont fall for it again. 

R.I.P GTA 2001-2013, it was a god run 

/thread

• sqre, Xx-ADITYA-xX, AtomicPunk and 1 other like this

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:51 PM

Both yes and no, the game is brilliant in most aspects, but I think the most important aspects for me, the story, the feeling, just felt a bit off. I love the game, I'm playing it right now on my 360 trying to get to 100%, but I can't say if it was worth the wait when it could have easily been so much better.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:55 PM

I'm not sure. I mean to me, it wasn't like:

"Wow, it's been four years - no new GTA yet?!"

"Wow, it's been five years now! Still no GTA!?"

It was more like: "Oh look, GTA V got announced. Wow, it's been five years."

SA to IV was five years, as was IV to V. I really hope this isn't becoming the norm for Rockstar. I really liked how the 3D games had a shorter time between each release, and still had good quality.

ruud.
  • ruud.

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:19 PM

How apologetic were you to convince them to unban you, Zee?

• GúnZinEss and PsychoGamer3 like this

LightningLord411
  • LightningLord411

Does anyone read this?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:22 PM Edited by LightningLord411, 04 June 2014 - 06:23 PM.

I voted yes. It's a fun game. A little buggy here and there but I like it. I'm guessing some people said no because it's not on PC.

THE_TREVALEV
  • THE_TREVALEV

they eat da poo poo

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:45 PM

It could have been better.

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:57 PM Edited by Lucchese, 04 June 2014 - 06:59 PM.

this dying franchise

R.I.P GTA 2001-2013

Guiness World Record says:

"Best selling video game in 24 hours"

"Best-selling action-adventure video game in 24 hours"

"Highest grossing video game in 24 hours"

"Fastest entertainment property to gross $1 billion"

"Fastest video game to gross $1 billion"

"Highest revenue generated by an entertainment product in 24 hours"

"Most viewed trailer for an action-adventure video game"

I hope the GTA franchise is overcoming its terminal illness in its death bed over there...

• Midnightz, Tilemaxx, Xx-ADITYA-xX and 10 others like this

saksoka
  • saksoka

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:09 PM

5 years of waiting ? aaaaah I don't think so to be honest 

• sqre likes this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:32 PM

Phuck No.
This game was the most underwhelming GTA to date. 
All the smoke & mirrors and suggestive wordplay led me to believe this would the best GTA of All Time. .
.....Lmao nearly a decade later SA ,VC, are still superior to V. You can also add IV+TOBGT to that list. 
V was a cash grab by R*,and it's clear they're going to be milking whatever  is left of this dying franchise. 
I wont fall for it again. 

R.I.P GTA 2001-2013, it was a god run 
/thread

Lawl, 5 years in development and $250k spent sure sounds like a cash grab to me. And dying? Yeah, after GTA's best release to date, I'm so sure it's dying.

How can people be so ignorant?
  • Ferocious Banger likes this

thafablifee46
  • thafablifee46

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:32 PM

Waiting 5 years , then the storyline should have been way better .. It felt rushed as many say .. And also the map is beautiful and all but they could have done way better
  • sqre, Kevert and AtomicPunk like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users