Where's Cops 'n Crooks?

83 replies to this topic
Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:23 AM

Will those that are saying it won't be simple please explain themselves beyond 'There's a lot of code'? Also, are you programmers or do you just know a bit of programming?

I'm a programmer - nearly 35 years of learning and over 20 years commercial experience.  It's mostly business application experience, but I did do a lot of games programming when I was younger (but that's not really relevant because of the changes in programming methods since then).

No-one can say whether this would be a *relatively* easy addition, or a massively difficult one unless they are part of the development team that works on the application.  No-one here knows how it was built, but they will make assumptions based on small amounts of knowledge of other products.

There are literally millions, if not billions, of ways that this game could have been built.  We know nothing other than what we've seen in some data and model files, and they do not even vaguely hint at how the application uses them.

To say it's either easy or difficult is a statement born of ignorance.  We simply do not know.

I see your point, but since the programming team for this game have already added a new mode (capture) and will have had to create the game modes in the first place, it stands to reason that adding a new mode shouldn't present many challenges to them - Well, nothing they've come across before anyway

So no, it's not born of ignorance to say it should be simple for them to add the mode. Again, simple is relative - In this case I'd class simple as "Won't cause too many technical difficulties to implement".

It is ignorance. You say they added capture mode but know nothing of how that was done. It may have been in the game on release day. Ignorance means you do not know so don't take it personally when I say it's an ignorant response.

RassO
  • RassO

Days Of Future Past

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:26 AM

If you don't know how to code, quit saying something is "so simple to program"...

You wanna play C&C?
Your IV disc is right there...

Legit answer 

lol but still, i've never played IV so I'm assuming C&C is like the cop jobs where you go into a cop car and press the joystick button, but with more people?  But if my assumption is correct, this sounds badass. Hopefully they implement it.

Going back to IV is probably a ghost town. 

CnC was the sh*t back in iv, pretty much you had to stop the criminals. If there was a good criminal team than it would be helluva challenge to stop them.

R* F'd up V, especially online. Nothing is fun anymore, v gets boring so quick I wonder who's idea it was to make such a sh*tty gta game. Whoever decided the main things and such for V should NEVER EVER.......EVER put out ideas again.

We all got trolled with V
Brace for V fanboys to attack
  • StormerBoy and Officer620 like this

Coin.
  • Coin.

Some motherf*ckerís always trying to ice skate up hill.

• Feroci
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:28 AM Edited by Insert-Coin-To-Continue, 06 June 2014 - 07:28 AM.

CnC is a game mode over hyped by people on a nostalgia trip.

Brace for IV fanboys to attack.

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:38 AM Edited by Mr. Rocko, 06 June 2014 - 07:39 AM.

Nah I enjoy Cops 'N Crooks and I've never played it on GTA IV

MTA: SA

Captain Hammer
  • Captain Hammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:46 AM

Someone explain to me this generations infatuation with playing POPO?

I just don't get it? Young people are suppose to disdain authority not imitate it!

When I was your age :sarcasm: you took a job at the Police Station only if the Fire Department and Post Office weren't hiring..... 

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:54 AM

Someone explain to me this generations infatuation with playing POPO?

I just don't get it? Young people are suppose to disdain authority not imitate it!

When I was your age :sarcasm: you took a job at the Police Station only if the Fire Department and Post Office weren't hiring..... 

I'm not clambering for CnC, but I can say that it's not a generational thing.  There are kids and adults alike that want it.  I don't see the appeal, but if it pleases a lot of people then I'd be happy to see it added.

Also, don't confuse a desire to imitate authority with an online e-peen lust for power ;)

cartman.jpg

• StormerBoy likes this

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:57 AM

If you don't know how to code, quit saying something is "so simple to program"...

You wanna play C&C?
Your IV disc is right there...

Legit answer 

lol but still, i've never played IV so I'm assuming C&C is like the cop jobs where you go into a cop car and press the joystick button, but with more people?  But if my assumption is correct, this sounds badass. Hopefully they implement it.

It was a thousand times better than that

I feel bad for the people who didn't get to experience CnC, they are super close minded about things.

CnC would be much better than heists and I hope they release it some time in the future or even just military/police/tactical outfits.

V currently is a sh*t fest, WD> V

Agreed 100%

Crepuscular
  • Crepuscular

Locked out of old account.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:17 AM

Import time

Tired = True

spendMoney = 100

IF Tired = True:

Sleep()

Else:

pub()

def Sleep();

time.sleep(18000)

def pub();

spendMoney *20

~adapted to python

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:34 AM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 06 June 2014 - 10:35 AM.

I don't know man... Since GTA Online is not just a random multiplayer that kinda has a "story" where you're the protagonist a criminal and since you're a criminal it would be a bit weird to just turn into a cop. But in my opinion Rockstar could change it around a bit to fit the criminal story, something like the 'Lone Wolf' from TLaD...

uhm, the locked character slots could have something to do with it.
maybe we get a cop character in one of those (which would mean CNC was a lot more expansive than last time)
  • StormerBoy likes this

Goodsport92
  • Goodsport92

Prankster

• Members

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:53 AM

Ofcourse CnC would be frikking awesome, anyone who disagrees must be a huge fan Hello Kitty island and like doing yoga while thinking about playing tennis simultaneously.

Also, bring back police, taxi and firefighting mini games
  • StormerBoy likes this

ArcadeWilliamz
  • ArcadeWilliamz

Car Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:42 AM

Problem solved.

http://socialclub.ro...rg&platformId=1

http://socialclub.ro...Pg&platformId=1

SKaREO
  • SKaREO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:14 PM

Except that nobody plays missions for fun, and this doesn't work in freemode, so it's useless.

I'll be your sinner in secret.

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:20 PM

Except that nobody plays missions for fun, and this doesn't work in freemode, so it's useless.

Confirmed. You have never even played CnC.

Get lost.

• StormerBoy likes this

ArcadeWilliamz
  • ArcadeWilliamz

Car Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:27 PM

Problem solved.http://socialclub.ro...rg&platformId=1http://socialclub.ro...Pg&platformId=1

Get lost.

You get lost.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:30 PM

"GTA Forums Approved"

Where?

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:31 PM

Problem solved.http://socialclub.ro...rg&platformId=1http://socialclub.ro...Pg&platformId=1

Get lost.

You get lost.

Who the hell are you?

:rol:

SKaREO
  • SKaREO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:34 PM Edited by SKaREO, 06 June 2014 - 12:34 PM.

I play CnC everyday. It's called wearing a vest and blue collar with a dark tie, getting into a police cruiser and hunting down the red dots on my mini-map. If you mean CnC from GTA IV, then you're correct, I never even played GTA IV online because the game was a pile of dogsh*t.

ArcadeWilliamz
  • ArcadeWilliamz

Car Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:38 PM

"GTA Forums Approved"

Where?

The jobs were reviewed and approved on this topic a while back. Stuff changed since then.
http://gtaforums.com...thmatches-xbox/

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:43 PM

"GTA Forums Approved"

Where?

The jobs were reviewed and approved on this topic a while back. Stuff changed since then.
http://gtaforums.com...thmatches-xbox/

So they were approved by some guy who's been banned since?  That's not official GTA Forums approved at all now, is it?  I smell a tad of insincerity.

Officer620
  • Officer620

Federal Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:43 PM

It's interesting how some people are completely against having CnC or police uniforms added into the game... Nobody is forcing you to play/use them? It's not going to turn GTA into a police simulator. It's a simple classic game mode that was enjoyed by many in GTA IV, and was not forced upon anyone. Why are you complaining? 

GTA is about having the freedom to do as you please, be that play as a cop or not. 

Cheers!

• UP9390 and StormerBoy like this

The Lonesome Drifter
  • The Lonesome Drifter

Online Section Exclusive Member / Extreme Dupe Car Aide

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:45 PM

Isn't there a verses mission called cops n crooks?

I'm sure there is as I got a police bike from a mission that sounds like that back in the old days :D

But It would be an ok return, atleast for a week before all it's lobbies are completely empty (capture anyone?)

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:50 PM

I'm sure there is as I got a police bike from a mission that sounds like that back in the old days :D

But It would be an ok return, atleast for a week before all it's lobbies are completely empty (capture anyone?)

Crooked Cops.

That mission is an insult to CnC. ;)

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:36 PM

Crooked Cops.

That mission is an insult to CnC. ;)

And it's so annoying when people think it's some how similar just because of the name.

• 2281 likes this

supershocked
  • supershocked

King

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:48 PM

Go ask ecb2 and funmw2 to hack R* server and create it for u or u could simply get 16 people from this forum with mics and role play it
Edit:youll have more luck looking for a needle in ur poo than getting heist and cnc
lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users