Trouble Maker

• Members
  • England

Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:56 PM

IF Tired

GOTO Sleep

ELSE

GOTO Pub

I run that sequence every night... Hello World, my name is JackyT, and I'm an alcoholic

• Zwenkwiel, SKaREO and Coin like this

UP9390
  • UP9390

Railfan, Sheriff of Los Santos County - PSN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:00 PM

I hope that they will add Cops and Crooks eventually. Remember those files that someone found regarding CnC?? It needs to return and be more expanded. Allow players to choose whether they want to play as a Crook or Law Enforcement in a separate Free Mode type, with their own co-op missions for cops, and versus missions for Cops and Crooks. In Free Mode, Player Cops can help the AI Cops apprehend or kill players or NPC's that are committing crimes. Perhaps Player Cops could set up a Bait Car that is a vehicle that Simeon wants, but no shut-down system on it. Player cops will try to prevent this car from being brought to Simeon. If we ever get heists (if heists are in Free Mode), player Cops can assist the AI Law Enforcement in stopping the heist. Maybe even Undercover (UC) Law Enforcement that would appear as criminals to criminals until they blow their cover in that lobby. Player Cops would know who the UC's are. UC's could be arrested by Law Enforcement for undercover Op's so their cover will not be blown. Cops would have their own unlocks and vehicle upgrades.

Remember, it's an OPTION. YOU'RE NOT FORCED TO PLAY IT!

• StormerBoy likes this

ky1e1792
  • ky1e1792

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:01 PM

Here's the one me and a friend tried organizing, as you can see there was little interest.

http://gtaforums.com...oks-car-cruise/

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:00 PM

Just pretend you're a cop, go to the Police Station and steal a cruiser. Now hunt down the red dots. There you go, you're playing Cops 'n' Crooks.

You clearly were never blessed with the experience of a typically brilliant CnC game. I feel for you...

• 2281 and RAS_ZeroZ like this

Officer620
  • Officer620

Federal Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:35 AM

Love how they are using a car that never spawned online in any version of IV

Well observed - very typical haha ;) Same kind of thing happened with the GTA Online trailer.

Cheers!

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:04 PM

that mode is not in the game because is a PoS!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:08 PM Edited by 2281, 05 June 2014 - 12:20 PM.

Just pretend you're a cop, go to the Police Station and steal a cruiser. Now hunt down the red dots. There you go, you're playing Cops 'n' Crooks.

GTA V is clearly your first GTA.

:rol:

You wanna play C&C?
Your IV disc is right there...

Yes, we want to play CnC, not setup a lobby and wait for people to never join.

:rol:

Why so much stupid in this thread?

• StormerBoy and Officer620 like this

FilthyEsquire
  • FilthyEsquire

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:02 PM

So much stupid in the thread? Ignorance all over this board. If cops and crooks were to drop next week many of us would give two sh*ts about heists.
  • StormerBoy and ZeroF0rce like this

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

Meep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:14 PM

So much stupid in the thread? Ignorance all over this board. If cops and crooks were to drop next week many of us would give two sh*ts about heists.

Speak for yourself man... people seem more excited for the game getting fixed instead of a gamemode that's going to come out all buggy.

UltimateAntic
  • UltimateAntic

PSN: "Okannetje"

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:16 PM

If you don't know how to code, quit saying something is "so simple to program"...
You wanna play C&C?

I think they should be able to program it in easily considering the fact that IV runs on the same engine. I think they're just sticking to what they can make with their dev content creator.

AnotherUnhappyCamper
  • AnotherUnhappyCamper

MODified 浪人

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:43 PM

they made it for GTA IV and they thought that copying something again would be uncool (sarcasm), except they forgot that this is GTA V which should have combined all of the best elements of all the previous games but that just makes too much sense, right!? 

• StormerBoy likes this

Tony.
  • Tony.

I don't agree with that in the workplace

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:59 PM

I know this is gonna probably sound like I pulled this out of my ass, but I'm sure someone with knowledge of the files in the game as well as someone who's sifted through this leaked bug log from September can back me up. Basically, it seems like they had a Cops n Crooks mode planned, and it would have been expanded well beyond what it was in IV, it seemed almost like it'd have its own free roam mode altogether where you'd be able to store a cruiser, work in either Los Santos or Blaine County, take calls of crimes in progress (the audio files exist), and they seemed to stop working on it around December 2012 to continue with yoga (which, going by the bug log, was a broken minigame that must have been worth more time and resources in fixing).

Found in the files. The uploader is legit as far as I know, this and other videos were in the file mystery hunt thread and he might even be a member here. Seems like it would fit with some kind of police mode, but I don't know why it's got a computer generated voice. Either it's meant to be an automated police computer, or it's a placeholder and they never bothered working on it more to get a voice actor.

• StormerBoy likes this

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:00 PM

that mode is not in the game because is a PoS!

Pos?

Khelandros
  • Khelandros

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:33 PM

I want this game mode so bad man. Why can't R* give us what must surely be very simple to program into the game?

Would you swap all missions and DMs for it? I know I would.

Just think of the possibilities on GTA V vs IV.

Extra spawn locations for Getaway. Lobbies where your rank matches that of other players in the game, so no crap bosses. Option to turn Helis on or off. Penalty for Cops who destroy the Getaway. Option to wear different Cop uniforms.

Keep it simple though!

4192-gtaiv-multiplayer-screenshot.jpg

Let's say there are, on average, 75 characters in a line of code. Your standard games has between 2-3 million lines of code.  So 187.5 million characters that go into a game. Now the 2-3 million lines is from a game that is 5 YEARS OLD. GTA is probably pushing close to 5 if not more million lines of code.

Your "what must surely be very simple to program into the game" comment shows your total lack of understanding of how coding works. It would take months and months of work and testing to make your simple C&C mode work properly.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:58 PM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 05 June 2014 - 07:59 PM.

I want this game mode so bad man. Why can't R* give us what must surely be very simple to program into the game?

Would you swap all missions and DMs for it? I know I would.

Just think of the possibilities on GTA V vs IV.

Extra spawn locations for Getaway. Lobbies where your rank matches that of other players in the game, so no crap bosses. Option to turn Helis on or off. Penalty for Cops who destroy the Getaway. Option to wear different Cop uniforms.

Keep it simple though!

4192-gtaiv-multiplayer-screenshot.jpg

Let's say there are, on average, 75 characters in a line of code. Your standard games has between 2-3 million lines of code.  So 187.5 million characters that go into a game. Now the 2-3 million lines is from a game that is 5 YEARS OLD. GTA is probably pushing close to 5 if not more million lines of code.

Your "what must surely be very simple to program into the game" comment shows your total lack of understanding of how coding works. It would take months and months of work and testing to make your simple C&C mode work properly.

lol are you serious?

you claim to know something about coding (and game development I assume)

and yet you seem to be implying that to implement a CNC mode would somehow require rewriting all 5 million lines of codes or something?

cuz I know little to nothing about "coding" and even I know that that is just plain bullsh*t.

not to mention the fact you seem to think that a cnc mode would require a lot of code to be written in the first place

do you honestly think they're sitting there writing individual lines of code for every new addition to the game?

sure some coding is always required but this is a well established engine with all the development tools that come with it

like I said before barring a few restrictions (and obviously the ability to implement a completely new CNC menu option in the phone) any1 who's messed around with the capture creator can see you can easily make the game mode entirely in there.

and we don't even know what kind of tools R* has at their disposal

not saying they could or should just half ass it in there like that, but if they really wanted to they could have implented CnC a 100 times over by now.

it's simply a case of them not wanting it (yet?) for some reason.

• StormerBoy likes this

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:02 PM

A lot of people want this, so I'm pretty sure R* will deliver, just like they did with the inventory in SP and the second property in Online.

Patience, my boy.
  • Furry_Monkey likes this

Khelandros
  • Khelandros

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:18 PM

lol are you serious?

and yet you seem to be implying that to implement a CNC mode would somehow require rewriting all 5 million lines of codes or something?

cuz I know little to nothing about "coding" and even I know that that is just plain bullsh*t.

not to mention the fact you seem to think that a cnc mode would require a lot of code to be written in the first place

do you honestly think they're sitting there writing individual lines of code for every new addition to the game?

sure some coding is always required but this is a well established engine with all the development tools that come with it

like I said before barring a few restrictions (and obviously the ability to implement a completely new CNC menu option in the phone) any1 who's messed around with the capture creator can see you can easily make the game mode entirely in there.

not saying they could or should just half ass it in there like that, but if they really wanted to they could have implented CnC a 100 times over by now.

What I'm saying is that they take parts of written code and crop, cut and paste to make new things. When they do this it has unintended consequences ie. fire truck hose not working anymore. Going through millions of lines of code to make sure everything works how it is supposed to is what would take time.

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:20 PM

It'll be back soon.... very soon.. hopefully

If not then R* seriously needs to learn to stop removing sh*t that's fun.

• StormerBoy likes this

frobalt
  • frobalt

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:31 PM

lol are you serious?

What I'm saying is that they take parts of written code and crop, cut and paste to make new things. When they do this it has unintended consequences ie. fire truck hose not working anymore. Going through millions of lines of code to make sure everything works how it is supposed to is what would take time.

As I said in a previous post, they already have a game mode that is similar enough to C&C that it could probably be morphed easily enough.

Hell, they could probably just create another VS missions called 'Cops and Crooks' and add code in that switches the clothes of the cops team to police uniforms. Other than that the mission design would go the same as normal VS missions. 

Of course, when the term 'simple' is used in regards to adding features, it's relative to someone that knows the coding architecture of this game. I can imagine the programmers there have a pretty good grasp on how the code works for this game as well.

Oh, and before you ask, I'm a developer for a piece of software called Microsoft Dynamics AX and I have degree in games programming, so I think I'm qualified enough to know what I am talking about here.

And just because the entire game has lots of code doesn't mean it's hard to make additions to it - Unless the code has been poorly written, of course. Dynamics AX is a pretty big system but modifications are usually quite easy to make to it due to the fact that I have some experience with it and know where things will need to be added.

Bugs being added to code is expected - Can't all be perfect.

Will those that are saying it won't be simple please explain themselves beyond 'There's a lot of code'? Also, are you programmers or do you just know a bit of programming?

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:53 PM Edited by Furry_Monkey, 05 June 2014 - 09:53 PM.

Will those that are saying it won't be simple please explain themselves beyond 'There's a lot of code'? Also, are you programmers or do you just know a bit of programming?

I'm a programmer - nearly 35 years of learning and over 20 years commercial experience.  It's mostly business application experience, but I did do a lot of games programming when I was younger (but that's not really relevant because of the changes in programming methods since then).

No-one can say whether this would be a *relatively* easy addition, or a massively difficult one unless they are part of the development team that works on the application.  No-one here knows how it was built, but they will make assumptions based on small amounts of knowledge of other products.

There are literally millions, if not billions, of ways that this game could have been built.  We know nothing other than what we've seen in some data and model files, and they do not even vaguely hint at how the application uses them.

To say it's either easy or difficult is a statement born of ignorance.  We simply do not know.

• FilthyEsquire likes this

Rented
  • Rented

San Andreas Rewind Lead Developer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:13 AM

I don't know man... Since GTA Online is not just a random multiplayer that kinda has a "story" where you're the protagonist a criminal and since you're a criminal it would be a bit weird to just turn into a cop. But in my opinion Rockstar could change it around a bit to fit the criminal story, something like the 'Lone Wolf' from TLaD...

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:32 AM Edited by RowanSane, 06 June 2014 - 12:32 AM.

Xyn, shush. Op has a good point. I would love to see this brought back.

No, what op has is nostalgia. If you want to play GTA IV, play GTA IV. Or make a c&c capture. If the only thing missing is cop uniforms, get over it...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:34 AM

Xyn, shush. Op has a good point. I would love to see this brought back.

No, what op has is nostalgia. If you want to play GTA IV, play GTA IV. Or make a c&c capture. If the only thing missing is cop uniforms, get over it...

No, if you want to play GTA IV, you're going to spend much more time waiting for a decent size lobby than playing the actual game.

Use your brain.

• StormerBoy and LukeMayhem like this

Shabazz916
  • Shabazz916

The Man Hunter

• Members
  • Zimbabwe

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:39 AM

Trucking mission too.

Seriously

id blow you truck up

cuti8tushu
  • cuti8tushu

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:43 AM

If you don't know how to code, quit saying something is "so simple to program"...

You wanna play C&C?

Legit answer 

lol but still, i've never played IV so I'm assuming C&C is like the cop jobs where you go into a cop car and press the joystick button, but with more people?  But if my assumption is correct, this sounds badass. Hopefully they implement it.

Going back to IV is probably a ghost town. 

FilthyEsquire
  • FilthyEsquire

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:49 AM

I don't know man... Since GTA Online is not just a random multiplayer that kinda has a "story" where you're the protagonist a criminal and since you're a criminal it would be a bit weird to just turn into a cop. But in my opinion Rockstar could change it around a bit to fit the criminal story, something like the 'Lone Wolf' from TLaD...

It could work if you remember that when you create your character you have time spent doing legit jobs, and crimes, sitting on the couch etc. That could factor in, there could be tests on the website that allow you to be accepted in the academy and work for the force. Or it could be as simple as a mission... you replay missions?

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:01 AM

There's a story involved in multiplayer... where?

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:19 AM

I'd take Cops 'n Crooks over overhyped heists any day.
  • StormerBoy, 2281 and RAS_ZeroZ like this

frobalt
  • frobalt

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:45 AM

I'm a programmer - nearly 35 years of learning and over 20 years commercial experience.  It's mostly business application experience, but I did do a lot of games programming when I was younger (but that's not really relevant because of the changes in programming methods since then).

No-one can say whether this would be a *relatively* easy addition, or a massively difficult one unless they are part of the development team that works on the application.  No-one here knows how it was built, but they will make assumptions based on small amounts of knowledge of other products.

There are literally millions, if not billions, of ways that this game could have been built.  We know nothing other than what we've seen in some data and model files, and they do not even vaguely hint at how the application uses them.

To say it's either easy or difficult is a statement born of ignorance.  We simply do not know.

I see your point, but since the programming team for this game have already added a new mode (capture) and will have had to create the game modes in the first place, it stands to reason that adding a new mode shouldn't present many challenges to them - Well, nothing they've come across before anyway

So no, it's not born of ignorance to say it should be simple for them to add the mode. Again, simple is relative - In this case I'd class simple as "Won't cause too many technical difficulties to implement".

• StormerBoy likes this

RassO
  • RassO

Days Of Future Past

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:20 AM

I feel bad for the people who didn't get to experience CnC, they are super close minded about things.

CnC would be much better than heists and I hope they release it some time in the future or even just military/police/tactical outfits.

V currently is a sh*t fest, WD> V
  • StormerBoy likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users